• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I prefer a dumbell set up over a barbell set up. I really like the safeness of a dumbell.  Legs is a concern. I dont want to have the biggest legs in the world but passable atleast. I was thinking of doing a barbell routine but im giving dumbells another thought. 

My Q is about weight lifting straps. For dumbell squats, will my grip be better with it? Will it atleast be 60 % of results what a barbell back squat would be? 

And am also getting dumbells till 100 kg. The seller told me he can make how much ever heavy dumbells i want so even deadlift will give me maximun results right?

i suspect you have already made up your mind. but here goes:

dumbbells for squats => you will never get as heavy as with a barbell. you will be limited to what you can clean to a rack position (or snatch if you are doing overhead squats). You could try to do funky stuff like pistol squat with a heavy dumbbell but you need to learn a tough set of skills. Or bulgarian split squat it. You can get strong but it will be different from a barbell squat. 

weight lifting strap to grip the dumbbell so you can squat? Not computing this.

Re Deadlifts, or hip hinge training. How are you going to move a 100kg dumbbell around? transportation etc. so while in theory you could deadlift 2 huge dumbbells and get super strong, how are you going to titrate the intensity on the way up? Buy 40 dumbbells? Again you can do single leg deadlifts etc, but it will be different to a barbell deadlift, harder to titrate load.

just some food for thought.

a transporter will transport dumbells to my place, I am gonna buy 5-50 kg first and as I get stronger, will buy another set

the programme I want to follow calls for dumbell deadlifts and dumbell squats, is there a programme that includes bulgarian split squats and single leg deadlifts? can you link me if you have one? 

I have a spacious room where I can fit all my dumbells and a bench. Its either that or a barbell set up but I prefer dumbells as I feel I can isolate a muscle more(If am not wrong) and I can bench safely all alone.

3 hours ago, siddhant1991 said:

a transporter will transport dumbells to my place, I am gonna buy 5-50 kg first and as I get stronger, will buy another set

the programme I want to follow calls for dumbell deadlifts and dumbell squats, is there a programme that includes bulgarian split squats and single leg deadlifts? can you link me if you have one? 

I have a spacious room where I can fit all my dumbells and a bench. Its either that or a barbell set up but I prefer dumbells as I feel I can isolate a muscle more(If am not wrong) and I can bench safely all alone.

Isolating muscles isn't necessarily a good thing. The Nerdfitness philosophy is based on compound exercises which is the way your body is used int eh real world. As for doing it alone, our power rack has safety catch, drop bars. I can drop the bar and not get hurt at all :)