• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BearKey

I’m thinking I might need to join you in your quests

My first hint was that I watched the introduction video while eating Skittles and Diet Pepsi.

I read some of Steven’s writing online and knew this sounded like a home to me, but I’m tentative to throw more money after something that might not fit.  My biggest fears?  I am aspiring to eat a plant-based diet—so far the force is strong in the cheese, but I’m working on it.  I am also old as Obi Wan Kenobi, so I wonder if my kids will have me declared incompetent by a judge and use my joining an online fitness group as evidence of the loss of my faculties.  I also have rheumatoid arthritis that affects my knees, ankles and grip strength. (There are days I just can’t grip my light saber!), so I wonder about the exercises.  Truthfully, I’ve recently started a dumbbell routine to work my arms, and last night I couldn’t finish it because I couldn’t hold on to the dumb bells.  It’s not ALWAYS that bad, though.  

Here’s what I know (see...I’m talking myself into this by writing this post):  the more I gently move, the better my joints feel.  The more weight I lose, the more the inflammation in my joints will reduce, and I will be in less pain and be less susceptible to more dis-ease.  

Can you all deal with a nice older gentleman (well...I try), who needs your help?  I promise to send happy energies your directions!  

• Like 1

Welcome! Sorry to be finding your post so late.

I haven’t joined the Academy, so I don’t know how well it will suit you. You could probably email customer service to get a better idea about that. But! I do know that there are plenty of people in these forums, working hard to improve themselves, from all walks of life. We are not all spring chickens, and some of us have physical limitations to work around. The only thing that we all share is a desire to improve and to support others on their journey.

You are welcome here whether you choose to join the Academy or not. The four-week challenges, for instance, are completely free and very motivating. If you decide to give it a go, let me know and I’ll come say hi, I promise . :)

On 5/17/2018 at 1:39 PM, BearKey said:

My first hint was that I watched the introduction video while eating Skittles and Diet Pepsi.

I read some of Steven’s writing online and knew this sounded like a home to me, but I’m tentative to throw more money after something that might not fit.  My biggest fears?  I am aspiring to eat a plant-based diet—so far the force is strong in the cheese, but I’m working on it.  I am also old as Obi Wan Kenobi, so I wonder if my kids will have me declared incompetent by a judge and use my joining an online fitness group as evidence of the loss of my faculties.  I also have rheumatoid arthritis that affects my knees, ankles and grip strength. (There are days I just can’t grip my light saber!), so I wonder about the exercises.  Truthfully, I’ve recently started a dumbbell routine to work my arms, and last night I couldn’t finish it because I couldn’t hold on to the dumb bells.  It’s not ALWAYS that bad, though.  

Here’s what I know (see...I’m talking myself into this by writing this post):  the more I gently move, the better my joints feel.  The more weight I lose, the more the inflammation in my joints will reduce, and I will be in less pain and be less susceptible to more dis-ease.  

Can you all deal with a nice older gentleman (well...I try), who needs your help?  I promise to send happy energies your directions!  

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I DID, in fact, join the academy the next day.  I needed to decide that I was worth taking care of and jumped right in.  It’s been four weeks, and I’ve worked out every day, using the program to adapt/ “enlarge” my workouts until I found the plan I’m using now.  After this month, I can already see changes, and I’m thrilled.  The shirt I put on for work yesterday was actually tight in the arms!  I feel muscles!  More importantly for me—I feel so much better emotionally, and every time I check a box on my “to do list” (I keep track on paper), I feel like such a winner!  You are never too old or too out of shape to start taking care of yourself!  Rebel against the machine!

• Like 2