Crow PvP [May 21 to June 18]

crow-badge.png.23f9b67176bb405ae117bf40fe9cf4e2.png

Call for peeps!

Love crows? Searching for new shinies? Join us!

This is a video-based community challenge exploring crow and its variations.

Wait, which one is crow again? This is crow:

crow.jpg.d25ccf8edbc286e74597a266d68c9ee2.jpg

How does this challenge work?

There is a crow leader position and a queue of crow peeps a MURDER of crows!

The crow leader will contribute a single crow variation to the group (video-based). All the crow peeps will imitate the new shiny (it is not stealing, it is called making it your own!).

The next peep in the queue will take the leader position, post a new shiny and so on. When we reach the end of the queue, we start again from the top.

This the starting queue:

~ Queue of crow peeps ~

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu

Our first crow leader is indeed Norgaard, because he came up with the whole idea :)

If you want to join, cut and paste the LATEST queue list, add your name and post it. That's it :) You can immediately start posting your video showing the variations contributed so far, and when it is your turn to be crow leader, you can post your own variation.

A few guidelines

~ Let's be orderly ~

When you are crow leader, post your new shiny and include the following in your post:

• a video of you doing the new shiny obviously. Please make sure it has not been done before. Try to shoot from a good angle and with good light if possible.

• any tip / hint that could help achieve the variation, maybe progressions.

• call the next leader so that they receive a notification (with @ notation: e.g. @Norgaard).

~ People can be very busy ~

When you have been called to crow leader status, you have up to 4 days to contribute a new shiny. After 4 days, the next peep is allowed to take your place. If you know in advance that you are going to be busy, let us know so that we can re-organise the queue or buffer some extra days. Otherwise, if you were on an impromptu leave, when you are back, caw, rattle and click and we will do some self-reorganisation anyway. Crows are smart :)

When you are not the leader, feel free to imitate the new shiny whenever time permits. If you missed a few contributions, feel free to do them in one row and post your video. You can also choose to reproduce the new contributions only once a week. This is very flexible.

~ Don't hurt yourself ~

Beware of the face plant! It does happen!

Using props like yoga blocks for head / feet support is totally ok if balancing on arms only is a bit hairy.
Parallettes or push-up bars can help with legs hanging too low and they are nicer on the wrists too.

If you can't achieve the new shiny, ask for help, show a video of your problem, a good tip might help you get there.

~ Talking about balance ~

If you do an asymmetric variation, please do both sides. For instance, if you go for the one-legged crow, you need to do it on the left AND on the right. This can be hard sometimes, and you probably have a better side but do try both sides.

~Wait I don't know that many crow variations! ~

Search the internet, do a Google Images on “crow variations”, try out, be creative :)

The only constraint is that you come up with an arm balance that is crow-related. If you still have a blank, tell the peeps, we might be able to find something together.

~ Can I join now? ~

You can join at any time, leave and come back again. Let the group know of course so that we can re-organise the leadership queue if needed.

~ I am not strong enough ~

Every crow started somewhere. This is why we have variations! And variations of variations. And props when needed. The whole point of this thread is to share progressions, tips and techniques, and have fun!

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Whee, this should be fun! Except instead of crow peeps, I think we should be a murder of crows;)

http://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_crows_make_a_murder

I'm going to be gone for a few days next week. Only 3 days, so I should make the 4 day limit even if my day happens on the day I leave. But if you don't post right away that's why.

• Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

A MURDER OF BADASSES

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oh my :D
Got that one out of the way just now, pretty hilarious, I'm somewhat glad I was not in the park :lol:

Prep crow: felt pretty uncoordinated, a bit like in the making of a toddler playskool advert if anything.
Clapping seal crow: awesome one! The hardest but the most hilarious bit is to actually get that clapping sound :D

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

On 5/20/2018 at 2:30 AM, @mu said:

~ Queue of crow peeps ~

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu

+ WhiteGhost

CROOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!!!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Ok guys, here's day two! I bunched together the first and second contribution because I didn't brain. :rolleyes: It's the baby forearm crow towards the end. In the video my butt's pretty high up, but I thought it was fun to to play around with it to see how teeny and parallel to the floor I could get. Pretty much parallel in my case, it felt rather silly to bunch up so small haha. If you want to play on hardcore mode you can try to transition from or to regular crow. ;) I wasn't anywhere near, I felt like I would break my elbows so I didn't really even attempt it! 

Also excuse my wiggly toes - I got a foot cramp haha. :D:D But the seal crow was super fun @Norgaard!

Next up: @Elastigirl

• Like 2

so shiny :love-struck: this PvP, the set up and all the contributions already, squeeee

I might even learn how to crow :lol:

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Oh cute & mean baby crow :wub::D

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

If you want to play on hardcore mode you can try to transition from or to regular crow

:nightmare: 

1 hour ago, Machete said:

The Monks have sent a delegate.

Welcome crow friend!

~ Queue of crow peeps ~

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu
WhiteGhost

Machete

9 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Oh~  This is so cool!  I had no idea there were so many crow variations out there.  ...I can barely do basic crow, so I think I'll just lurk and stare at all the shinies.  :P 

Join usss! Seriously you can modify and use as many props as you'd like - this is all for a bit of fun. :) 

6 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

oh got I hate baby crow, I failed it all the times I ever tried it!!! hopefully I will succeed this time :D

Haha sorry. :P 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Oh~  This is so cool!  I had no idea there were so many crow variations out there.  ...I can barely do basic crow, so I think I'll just lurk and stare at all the shinies.  :P 

14 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Join usss! Seriously you can modify and use as many props as you'd like - this is all for a bit of fun. :) 

Haha sorry. :P 

Come play! I can't do the full baby crow either. I played around with it today, and did it with yoga blocks, and with one foot on the ground .

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

so shiny :love-struck: this PvP, the set up and all the contributions already, squeeee

I might even learn how to crow :lol:

Do you have yoga blocks? That's a great way to learn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ok guys, here's day two! I bunched together the first and second contribution because I didn't brain. :rolleyes: It's the baby forearm crow towards the end. In the video my butt's pretty high up, but I thought it was fun to to play around with it to see how teeny and parallel to the floor I could get. Pretty much parallel in my case, it felt rather silly to bunch up so small haha. If you want to play on hardcore mode you can try to transition from or to regular crow. ;) I wasn't anywhere near, I felt like I would break my elbows so I didn't really even attempt it! 

Also excuse my wiggly toes - I got a foot cramp haha. :D:D But the seal crow was super fun @Norgaard!

Next up: @Elastigirl

Alright, I just played around with it some today. Tomorrow I'll post a video. I  couldn't do the full baby crow, I did maange it with yoga blocks though.

Spoiler alert: 

This is what I am planning on tomorrow:

The one legged crow pose using a wall and yoga block.It was fun because I was able to do the modified version. Of course, you total badass crows are welcome to do the full one legged crow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Come play! I can't do the full baby crow either. I played around with it today, and did it with yoga blocks, and with one foot on the ground .

I am so tempted to... Okay, so I'm gonna go home and try the first bit of the sequence we've got--if I can do them/find modifications for them, then I shall become a crow!  ...I don't actually own yoga blocks, anyone have any good recommendations for substitutes?

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

2 hours ago, Jlailin said:

don't actually own yoga blocks, anyone have any good recommendations for substitutes?

You could just stack books, Obviously, if you stack the books be careful they don't slide. I've also used kid's block. I bought my yoga blocks from Amazon, they were fairly cheap. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Join us! Some crow variations involve more flexibility, others dig strength, it's fun to try anyway!
I use books, firm cushions, the sofa and/or my parallettes to help myself.

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Spoiler alert: 

This is what I am planning on tomorrow:

The one legged crow pose using a wall and yoga block.It was fun because I was able to do the modified version. Of course, you total badass crows are welcome to do the full one legged crow.

Looking forward to your mods, I was looking into it myself yesterday!
NB: Don't forget to do both left and right sides, to set a good example :D

• Like 2