Crow PvP [May 21 to June 18]

I tried baby crow last night but couldn't figure it out :D

I have a few days to practice before it gets to my turn

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

8 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Oh~  This is so cool!  I had no idea there were so many crow variations out there.  ...I can barely do basic crow, so I think I'll just lurk and stare at all the shinies.  :P 

Join in!! I can't do basic crow either and joined anyway in order to get myself closer to it... who knows by the end we might fly with confidence :D

Can only help in some ways

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Do you have yoga blocks? That's a great way to learn.

I do, I used them to support the feet for starters, is that what you have in mind or are there other ways too? Looking forward to seeing you use the wall as an aid, so many options I never thought of!

Also love all the warm up things, looks like there will be a few things I can do, phew :D

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

36 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

do, I used them to support the feet for starters, is that what you have in mind or are there other ways too? Looking forward to seeing you use the wall as an aid, so many options I never thought of!

That's what I had in mind. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ok I did some baby crows this morning, here is the video, including my failed attempts from crow to baby crow, again and again and again, and some more :D

At first, I thought my elbows would indeed brutally snap down and I used a big cushion, but the fall is actually quite a twisty one, at least when going one elbow at a time.

I will keep up a personal log of shinies (and not so shiny :lol: )

#1 Crow prep + clapping seal crow

#2 Baby crow – failed crow to baby crow

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Just warmed up and tried baby Crow for half an hour! Still

Miles away! Figures it was a mobility problem, i cant for The life of me, get my knees close to my arms without Them bending so I’m 1 mm off the ground :(.

i keep going, and hopefully concour the baby!

Be like water my friend

3 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Join in!! I can't do basic crow either and joined anyway in order to get myself closer to it... who knows by the end we might fly with confidence :D

I do, I used them to support the feet for starters, is that what you have in mind or are there other ways too? Looking forward to seeing you use the wall as an aid, so many options I never thought of!

Also love all the warm up things, looks like there will be a few things I can do, phew :D

Yeah it’s not just a flashy look what I can do, but a journey for all

crows to spread their wings and fly (to steal

shinies)

• Like 2

Be like water my friend

2 hours ago, @mu said:

Ok I did some baby crows this morning, here is the video, including my failed attempts from crow to baby crow, again and again and again, and some more :D

At first, I thought my elbows would indeed brutally snap down and I used a big cushion, but the fall is actually quite a twisty one, at least when going one elbow at a time.

I will keep up a personal log of shinies (and not so shiny :lol: )

Lets call that transition the drunken crow :D

• Haha 3

Be like water my friend

I'll join in for drunken ones :lol:

Am very familiar with those

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You could just stack books, Obviously, if you stack the books be careful they don't slide. I've also used kid's block. I bought my yoga blocks from Amazon, they were fairly cheap. 

11 hours ago, @mu said:

Join us! Some crow variations involve more flexibility, others dig strength, it's fun to try anyway!
I use books, firm cushions, the sofa and/or my parallettes to help myself.

10 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Okay, okay, you've all convinced me.  I shall join in and learn to crow with the aid of many, many props!  :P  I tried baby crow last night, and it kept turning into baby face plant crow--at least my face was close to the ground already.    

Also how are people getting there knees so far up on their arms?  Whenever I try to crow, my knees tend to end up more like their balancing on my elbows.  Flexibility isn't an issue--I can pull to that position on my back, but I don't know why I'm not there when I'm right side up.  Is it an arm strength thing?  

• Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Nice one @Norgaard!

10 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Am very familiar with those

Those are my specialty. ;)

13 hours ago, @mu said:

Yeah it's not that bad really, the knee just slides off. But it feels so iffy!

3 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Also how are people getting there knees so far up on their arms?  Whenever I try to crow, my knees tend to end up more like their balancing on my elbows.  Flexibility isn't an issue--I can pull to that position on my back, but I don't know why I'm not there when I'm right side up.  Is it an arm strength thing?  

Yay for joining! First of all, it's absolutely fine to balance your knees on your elbows if that feels easier. But what happens exactly? Are you placing your knees high in your armpits to begin with or do you place them lower on your elbows? Maybe they end up on the outside of your arms? Do they slide off? Can you get higher on your tip toes to lift your hips before getting into the position?

• Like 1

Here is my contribution. The flying one legged crow. Also below that is the link to the website, in case you want to see it done properly;) My addition is at the end, after the other crows

https://yogainternational.com/article/view/get-into-one-legged-crow-using-a-block-and-a-wall

@lucky fire dragon your turn

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I did it!! :D 

For a tiny moment I held my crow, woot woot. Cat video bombed it of course, but it was there ^_^
Also I love baby crow as I could hold that for a brief moment as well, yay!!!

So the seal clapping had to be combined with my crow hold.... for efficency reasons ;)

and then there were many attempts at the one sided crow which had my body do all kinds of things (like straightening arms for whatever reason) that I didn't even intend. Tried with wall, wasn't any better either, but video spotting is awesome as I can see how I straightened my arms and obviously then my leg would slide off, duh!

Also from video I can see that in general I can lean quite a bit more forward still and bending my arms a bit more for easier balance. It always feels so different to what I see from video is actually happening :lol:

My contribution is a headstand crow. Basically a tripod headstand with crow legs ^_^

• Like 3

oh and thanks again @Norgaard for all the warm up exercises. I did them all, just edited them out of video so that it won't get too long.

thanks for the cheer on :)

18 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Okay, okay, you've all convinced me.  I shall join in and learn to crow with the aid of many, many props!  :P 

Fantastic! So it's official, here is the latest MURDER list:

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu
WhiteGhost

Machete

Jlailin

@raptron it is your turn!

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks!  What a great tutorial! That's a lot of exploring to do! Love it!

56 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I did it!! :D

Yessss!!!!  And I love your smile after the baby crow moment! :D 

Here is my one-legged crow practice + the headstand crow.

Of the variations in Elastigirl's tutorial, I did the first one with a prop at the bottom. I have a bit of wall that I could use but not enough space in front of it <_<

I added another variation on parallettes with deep bent arms that has helped me progress a bit with feeling the shape: either coming down from bent arm press and placing the knee on the elbow, or pressing into the one-legged crow directly.

#3 One-legged crow variation: block support at the bottom or in deep bent arm stand on parallettes

#4 Headstand crow

• Like 4

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

those parallette version of one legged crow look beautiful!

Love your seal clapping in headstand crow :D