Crow PvP [May 21 to June 18]

Here's a video of me playing with some of the moves. I have another video too, but youtube is being painfully slow at the  moment, so I'll post it later.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yay bloopers! :D Nice work EG.

How many times will it take for me to land on my face before i finally get a pillow?:lol: thankfully, our new carpet is soft, but I may have rugburn on my forehead:)

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On my way home from the gym, I stopped in the park. I played with a bit of transitioning betweeeen. Also my arms need to toughen up because I just noticed I picked up some bruises. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Also Madhatter! That one legged is COMING. I SEE YOU.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Awesome videos! So many shinies to try again and again!

On 5/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, Norgaard said:

so 8 angle and side is still not happening I keep practice till it’s my turn!

Re 8 angle, I also want to try what the others did (different foot lock), maybe try from crow, it's such a spaghetti leg move though :D

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Not sure if this will help anyone, but one thing I noticed when doing 8-angle pose is that I actively try to straighten my legs as soon as I start tipping forward. Both to clear the ground but also to get a tighter lock around my arms.

22 hours ago, raptron said:

On my way home from the gym, I stopped in the park. I played with a bit of transitioning betweeeen. Also my arms need to toughen up because I just noticed I picked up some bruises. 

Crow to 8-angle looks like a tricksy transition! Gonna have to try it. :) Also love the setting, it looks really lovely.

10 hours ago, @mu said:

Awesome videos! So many shinies to try again and again!

Re 8 angle, I also want to try what the others did (different foot lock), maybe try from crow, it's such a spaghetti leg move though :D

I did try it just locks, samt with side crow I can't twist my body so I can put my legs on my arms :D the search continues!

Be like water my friend

On 5/25/2018 at 10:41 AM, WhiteGhost said:

OK, here is my addition.  Apologies for the vertical filming.  Oops!

Clapping Seal Crow

Baby Crow

One Legged Crow

Head Stand Crow

Crow Taps

Eight Angle

Really Sketchy Side Crow

@Machete  You're up :) 

Working on it. Wait one...

EDIT: Here we go. I apologize for the nudity. The heat is kicking my ass.

Added a Firefly transition attempt.

• Like 5

@Machete Wooooaaaaaa! Killer series! Beautiful to watch, it's awesome!

I didn't notice the video at first because you edited your post, I didn't get a notification!

So the next move is crow to straddle hold!

Next: @Jlailin you're next!

Here is the murder list again if needed:

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu
WhiteGhost

Machete

Jlailin
Nymeria

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

On 5/28/2018 at 1:28 PM, Machete said:

EDIT: Here we go. I apologize for the nudity. The heat is kicking my ass.

Wow, that is super impressive, time to start seeing if I can figure out some way to get they firefly/straddle.

Those side crows are really hard when you get sweaty because the legs just slide right off the elbows

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Very impressive @Machete In that heat I'd just flop into a pile of sweat and whimper.

45 minutes ago, @mu said:

oh straddle = firefly? I thought it was something else

Almost. In a straddle hold your legs shouldn't touch your arms, while in firefly the legs are "resting" on the top of the arms. There's also a few different variations of firefly, the back and legs can be either parallel to the ground or they can be pointing up.

• Thanks 1

Hanhan thanks, I google imaged firefly and I see what you mean. Machete's looks like a straddle hold to me? I mean in straddle hold, the legs don't rest on the arms but they do touch, right?

• Like 1

I think it's ok for the legs to touch a bit in a straddle hold, but they shouldn't be used to support the position. 

Yeah I agree that Machete is doing more of a straddle hold, but for the sake of the PvP I'd say it's fine to consider them all variations of the same theme and to play around with all of them. :) 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'd argue that firefly is very much a hip compression too, especially the one with the legs reaching up. But sure the mechanics is slightly different. :) 

it is yes, but one can with flexibility do a firefly with bend arms where its not active hip compression that is used, I havnt seen that much on the straddle hold, unless of cause you are very high up//rings etc.

but yeah different mechanics :)

Be like water my friend

On 5/28/2018 at 12:28 AM, Machete said:

Added a Firefly transition attempt

Really nice work!  :D 

10 hours ago, @mu said:

Oh wow, we got here so fast!  I shall try to film something after my dance class tonight.  ...I'm thinking of trying some modification to the flying pigeon/crow pose.  ...or if that fails, I may just be silly and try to imitate one of these guys :P 

Image result for crow toothpick dispenser gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

11 hours ago, @mu said:

@Machete Wooooaaaaaa! Killer series! Beautiful to watch, it's awesome!

I didn't notice the video at first because you edited your post, I didn't get a notification!

So the next move is crow to straddle hold!

Here is the murder list again if needed:

Norgaard

Mad Hatter

Elastigirl

lucky fire dragon

Raptron

@mu
WhiteGhost

Machete

Jlailin
Nymeria

Image result for batmetal murder gif

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, that is super impressive, time to start seeing if I can figure out some way to get they firefly/straddle.

Those side crows are really hard when you get sweaty because the legs just slide right off the elbows

Yeah, that's why I opted for a straight-arm on the Eight Angle. I'm surprised the knees stayed up, honestly.

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Very impressive @Machete In that heat I'd just flop into a pile of sweat and whimper.

Almost. In a straddle hold your legs shouldn't touch your arms, while in firefly the legs are "resting" on the top of the arms. There's also a few different variations of firefly, the back and legs can be either parallel to the ground or they can be pointing up.

I actually did flop and whimper a few times. (I edited that out.) :P

11 hours ago, @mu said:

oh wait, or is it the firefly?

I stand corrected. Definitely a Straddle.

I feel the limiter for my straddle comes from lack of hip compression; my quads end up cramping quite a bit. For the Firefly I mostly just run out of hamstring.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

• Like 3