Discipline!: Tanktimus Takes a Gif from a Movie

Image result for you lack discipline gif

I spent all of last challenge getting my mojo back. I think I've found it again, and I'm going to ignore it. Mojo is nice, but unreliable. Discipline is there for you no matter what. I'll spend this challenge rebuilding a healthy discipline. This is also something that came up for work. Spiritual formation was a topic that came up for personal development at work, and the word discipline came to me as a theme for where to focus my formation. (In Christianity Spiritual Formation are the practices Christians undertake to mature spiritually). When I thought of a gif for discipline I knew there was no better example than Det. John Kimble putting some backbone into a bunch of 5 year olds. Here are my goals:

Image result for kindergarten cop gif

Disciplined Lifting: Using the juggernaut program I'll lift twice a week (Bench and Squat on the A session, Deadlifts, Overhead Press and Lat Pulldowns in the B session)

Disciplined Recovery: Yoga 1-3 times a week, but at least once every week.

Image result for kindergarten cop marching gif

Disciplined Distance: Walk for a min of 2 miles 1-3 times a week, but at least once every week.

Disciplined Eating: Follow the principles of intuitive eating. In other words, eat when I'm hungry and STOP WHEN I'M FULL.

Disciplined Home: Laundry once a week and once a week clean some room in the home.

Disciplined Profession: 3 times a week do something to aid in the non-ministry side of professional development. Options include: Work on Doctoral Application, prepare for and taking the written test for my board certification, work on idea for a non-fiction book. This can drop off if I get the application sent off and take the test before the challenge is over.

Lastly:

Image result for it's not a tumor gif

• Like 17
  • Haha 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following!

Here's Arnold - with his personal tank:

maxresdefault.jpg

Why am I not surprised that Arnold has a personal tank?

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

37 minutes ago, Moros said:

Following!

Here's Arnold - with his personal tank:

maxresdefault.jpg

Why am I not surprised that Arnold has a personal tank?

If I'm not mistaken it's the same model he worked with when he served in the Austrian Army. He was..not a model soldier by his own admission.

26 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

This is a lot going on for a summer challenge. Don’t forget Sra. will be off work and wanting to play.

It's pretty much my standard routine. The summer won't start for her till week 3. 

22 minutes ago, Xena said:

I'm not sure how ferrets could work into your challenge, but I really liked the class pet

image.png.c0f018b73d8999d67952a0c106dbcb76.png

I think that red headed kid is genuinely interested in the ferret.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm glad you found your mojo.  I feel a little bad following this challenge when I haven't caught up on your old challenge yet.  

Also, where's the goal that goes with this gif?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Here to watch you enforce discipline!

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 minutes ago, Shello said:

I'm glad you found your mojo.  I feel a little bad following this challenge when I haven't caught up on your old challenge yet.  

I'm not saying it's a goal, and I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying I'm on the L&D floor everyday I'm at work...

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here to watch you enforce discipline!

I've wanted to do that more than once in my life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

On 19/05/2018 at 10:05 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You can totally be both, Tank. I GOT FAITH IN YOU! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Following! Let's see how long I can keep up :D 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

gqfQZVw.gif

Wait, are you trying to get a job as a strip club chaplain?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

7 hours ago, deftona said:

You can totally be both, Tank. I GOT FAITH IN YOU! 

I hang out with policemen and princesses, close enough. Also, all these years later, I can still hear exactly how she delivered that line.

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Sorry I'm unimaginative when it comes to Arnie movies. I've enjoyed quite a couple of his comedy ones, but can't for the life of me remember names and story lines. *blush*

Here to watch your antics though ;)

This was Kindergarten Cop, the pinnacle of Arnie's movie career.

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following! Let's see how long I can keep up :D 

Brah, there's pills for that now. 

Image result for deadpool giggle gif

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

Woo! Discipline FTW.

For sure! Welcome.

31 minutes ago, Shadri said:

Following! I’m glad you found you mojo, but it’s a good idea to not rely on it.

Thanks, I know mojo is fleeting at times.

29 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Wait, are you trying to get a job as a strip club chaplain?

One of my fellow police chaplains, who used to do ridealongs wearing a Roman collar, tells a story of his early days as a PD chaplain. There was a call at a club, and he wasn't paying attention to what kind. One of the officers claimed to need a pen or something and said, "Hey Chap, go in there and ask for a pen." Again, not paying attention, he walked in without thinking about it. As soon as he got in he realized it was a strip club, and there he was, wearing his clerical shirt and collar with an external carry bulletproof vest that had "Chaplain" on it in big gold letters. He said he got a confused look on his face and backed out quickly. When he got outside he turned around and saw about 6 or 7 officers all lined up outside the door in a semi-circle laughing their heads off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Current Challenge

Sad admission: I've never seen Kindergarten Cop the whole way through.

Arnold can come run me over with his personal tank anytime in atonement, I guess..........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Oh man, I haven't seen Kindergarten Cop since I was little. Following!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Ooooh so many goals!  So much to do.   You taking  page out of @Raxie's book? :D   Like the theme, like the Ranger who posted it.  I'm here for the haul!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 75 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 5/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Mojo is nice, but unreliable. Discipline is there for you no matter what.

Amen brother.

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think that red headed kid is genuinely interested in the ferret.

You talk about me as if I'm not even here :( 

Related image

Love all the goals brother and LOVE the theme. Kindergarten Cop is one of my all time Arnie faves.

Related image

Wolf

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Sad admission: I've never seen Kindergarten Cop the whole way through.

Arnold can come run me over with his personal tank anytime in atonement, I guess..........

I think Arnie would just offer to watch it with you and then give you a ride in said tank. He has said in interviews when his kids were teenagers and they would misbehave he'd punish them by making them watch Commando. I fail to see how that's a punishment, but maybe it's the parent-teenager dynamic that makes it work.

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Oh man, I haven't seen Kindergarten Cop since I was little. Following!

Welcome aboard.

20 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Ooooh so many goals!  So much to do.   You taking  page out of @Raxie's book? :D   Like the theme, like the Ranger who posted it.  I'm here for the haul!

It's really only one more goal than normal.

6 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Amen brother.

You talk about me as if I'm not even here :( 

Related image

Love all the goals brother and LOVE the theme. Kindergarten Cop is one of my all time Arnie faves.

Related image

Wolf

When I said red-headed kid I immediately thought of you. I'm glad you got it.

Today is a REALLY good day. I got zero week off on the right foot. I lifted today. WOOT! RETURN TO IRON! I acted like it was a de-load week in deference to not lifting for over a month. Today was bench and squat. My knee had been acting janky, and I think squats helped straighten it out. I also cooked.

Oh man, I cooked so hard.

Made lunch today. I made some jasmine rice according to the package. I then sauteed an onion and about 6 calabaza squash (I know that's redundant, in English "Calabaza Squash" refers to a specific variety of squash) in avocado oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and white wine vinegar. I then sauteed about 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs with the same seasoning as the vegetables. I discarded the excess liquids off of both, then combined them. In another pot I combined a whole jar of Goya Mole sauce with about 3 cups of chicken broth (if you want I suppose you could use the excess liquid from the veggies and chicken to comprise part of that total) on low heat. When it was ready I put it in the big pot with the meat and veggies. I served it over the rice. It is incredible.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMWOyLF7IY-Ws24k2ocejQsBMmvE__5w-mBz-Tf-Uj6s4Q2-dRJ4FL9LNUq82IENQ/photo/AF1QipMweg8uRVbe6WTOPnIMKs54K9erO2MofLt_XMPw?key=ZDFEUjFEWFhSTUpJVzlXZVZjcFJXQUZpOVF1cVdR

Can't get it to embed, but it should be in a shared drive. I posted that on facebook with the hashtag cookingwithTank

• Like 14

Current Challenge

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When I said red-headed kid I immediately thought of you. I'm glad you got it.

That's MR. Red-headed Kid to you, bubs! :D (We've been friends long enough for me to know when you're talking about me, lol!)

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Today is a REALLY good day.

Love it! I'm stoked that Zero Week started off with such a bang!

Image result for colossus vs juggernaut gif

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

24 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

That's MR. Red-headed Kid to you, bubs! :D (We've been friends long enough for me to know when you're talking about me, lol!)

Love it! I'm stoked that Zero Week started off with such a bang!

Image result for colossus vs juggernaut gif

Wolf

Colossus was always my favorite character on that arcade game. 

5 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Woot great challenge! I like that you're not letting yourself run away with your mojo, because mojo can come and go.  Discipline is FOREVER!

sBfG9.gif

Thanks!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Along for the ride......

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Yesssss food pics!! 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.