Howdy from too far south :)

Hello!
I'm Camila from Argentina.

Exactly 4 weeks ago I started to change my life :) Today I've accomplished 28 days doing exercise every day. And I've picked up other good habits along the way. I've also lost 3.8kg during this time without really thinking about it, that motivates me so much. I guess the last hundred times failed because I was only focusing on losing weight. A couple days ago I decided I was ready to put more effort into that, the same day I started listening to Thomas Frank's podcast, and in the very first episode he mentioned Steve and Nerd Fitness. So I googled, found this website, read some stuff, subscribed! Found the post about intermittent fasting and tbh I've known about it for a while, and I had the same doubts Steve mentions he had. So between the post and the reasons why NF was founded, I was convinced to try it out. It's only been 5 days, but I'm feeling positive about it and haven't had much trouble skipping breakfast.
Anyway, I thought my mom would be more excited about my 28 day achievement, but she wasn't very impressed /me shrugs
That kinda motivated me to come to this community and stop being only a reader :) I still have a long way to go.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:00 PM, Cami said:

Anyway, I thought my mom would be more excited about my 28 day achievement, but she wasn't very impressed /me shrugs

Moms are awesome, they're our support, and our teachers. Moms also suck, because they can deflate us so damn quickly. I'm glad that you're doing this for YOU. Your mum'll figure it out eventually.

On a side note, fasting doesn't always work out so well for women - if you find that you're not responding favourably to it, THAT'S OK!

Welcome, see you 'round!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...