Hi all - I spent some time here really loving the resources and community back in 2014-2016 but had a lot of busy times and some personal stuff that made me pretty much revert back to level 1 in terms of exercise and diet. I feel pretty weak which is frustrating, but it s hows how important continuing to practice. 

In the meantime maybe I have a higher intelligence score because I am just finishing medical school and about to start residency! A lot of important self-care goals are what I want to be focusing on, so I am swapping from my old Ranger class to Druid for the time being since I think that is more in-line with what my needs are right now. 

Would love to hear from folks who are involved in really insane professional job settings because that seems to be my struggle for sure. 

Will also go around and see other folks here so we can support one another :)

• Like 3

Level:  1 | Race: Khajiit| Druid  

STR: 0  | DEX: 1 | INT: 5  | CON: 2 |  WIS: 1  | CHA: 1

=Battle Scroll=

I can't imagine going through medical school and residency. I'm sure it's a ton of work and crazy hours. I know how badly going to graduate school has messed up my health and habits, and I would guess it's ten times that for you.

I think focusing on your mental health, and a work-life balance makes sense right now. Once you can get any stress and logistical issues addressed, everything else will be easier.

@ Elice - it's difficult to work-life balance in a world of 24 hr shifts and weekend call but so so true the mental health aspects are completely essential to any shot at overall well-being. 

Good luck on the grad- school train yourself! None of it is a cake-walk. 

=Battle Scroll=

Welcome back.

I'm a chef, and while I can only claim to have worked 19 hours max, I am familiar with life of 3 AM alarm clocks, working inconsistent & constantly changing schedules, and never knowing when my shift will end.  "When I am finished" doesn't seem to satisfy most people.  

I'm not sure what nuggets of wisdom I can pass on apart from not stressing about things beyond your control.  Co-worker acting out of line?  Just makes you look better by comparison.  Shift running late?  Extra bit of overtime.  Patient being difficult?  Their family likely appreciates your professionalism.  Someone did something wrong?  Learn from the mistakes of others.  Work may want you to come in on your day off?  Go camping where there's no phone reception!  :P

Edit:

Just wanna say I've come to this point after years of stressing out, busting my butt, missing out on family times, and moving on from the deaths of family and friends.  I hope you can come to a point of peace without suffering too much for it.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:09 PM, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Welcome back.

I'm a chef, and while I can only claim to have worked 19 hours max, I am familiar with life of 3 AM alarm clocks, working inconsistent & constantly changing schedules, and never knowing when my shift will end.  "When I am finished" doesn't seem to satisfy most people.  

I'm not sure what nuggets of wisdom I can pass on apart from not stressing about things beyond your control.  Co-worker acting out of line?  Just makes you look better by comparison.  Shift running late?  Extra bit of overtime.  Patient being difficult?  Their family likely appreciates your professionalism.  Someone did something wrong?  Learn from the mistakes of others.  Work may want you to come in on your day off?  Go camping where there's no phone reception!  :P

Edit:

Just wanna say I've come to this point after years of stressing out, busting my butt, missing out on family times, and moving on from the deaths of family and friends.  I hope you can come to a point of peace without suffering too much for it.

The advice is 100% valid - 19 hr shifts are nothing to sniff at. Those are all applicable to me and I appreciate the insight :)

=Battle Scroll=