» shaar commands the grancypher (or just lets rackam do it idek)

shaar

58eb1406b039a7607b0cd889d80be7c72de6fe09

(i feel this gif speaks to me on a personal level recently)

HI EVERYONE

WELCOME 

To whatever the heck this challenge is~ :DDDD

ea7e958a11572fb11ecde67e56c6d3867c80f040

If we haven’t met yet; hi!  I’m shaar, longtime ranger and bard extraordinaire, I like lifting, lots of video games (no really don’t test me), caps lock hyperbole, food, and apparently piloting sky pirate airships.  If we HAVE met; hihihi and welcome back my lovely nerdfriend I am so glad to have you here again~ <3

2018 thus far has been nothing short of a Fascinating Sort of Chaos for me and while I’m quite a resilient sort, it’s sorta thrown me off my groove. (THAT’S an understatement hahahahaha)  I’ve been struggling with a delicate balance of consistency and not overloading myself that I’m looking to bring forward into THIS challenge.  My only real goal is to be as adaptable as possible given whatever circumstances face me at any given time. [edit] YOINK! Due to new developments in my Chaos-Filled Fugue Life, I've totally updated my challenge goals to reflect everything that's going on, and have stuck them underneath this handy spoiler cut:

Spoiler

Updated goals

- Make a budget.  This is something I want to get started as soon as this coming week.  Finances always make me stressed (I feel this is a universal truth sometimes for most people) so I’m going to sit down, calculate just what I’ve got, and what I have to work with going forward.  I’ve got some expenses coming up that I’m not used to having - things like bills I’ll have to pay solo (internet, power, etc. - many of which are dependent on where I’m staying) that I need to think about, all my own groceries, plus moving expenses.  I’ll feel a lot better when this is done!

- Make a Google doc with apartment listings of places I want to stay, when the time comes.  This could happen in 3 months, or in 6, who the frick knows, but far be it from me to not be ready at the gates when it’s time.  I’m not beyond renting a small house in the area either, there are some really frickin’ cute areas around here, so I’m going to keep my options open for that, too.

- MINIMALIZE.  YO. SHIT. Now that I know for sure it’s gonna be just me (and well Finn natch), it’s time to really take a look at my possessions and get rid of a lot more than I had originally thought.  This isn’t a bad thing at ALL - honestly the less I have the calmer I feel - but I need to really re-assess and go at what I’ve still got here at home, and in storage, at a different angle.

- Try to keep moving.  Fitness unfortunately isn’t at the forefront of my mind right now, but I want to do my best to keep getting in the gym when I can, providing it doesn’t nuke my energy levels.  Stress fatigue is A THING and I need to be super careful with this.

- Keep reaching out.  Don’t isolate. A little alone time is fine to process things as they come but don’t live there.  Over the past week I’ve slowly been opening up and reaching out to friends and it’s been hard but immensely valuable.  Keep doing this.

- Stay in the moment.  Remember that even though you’re planning these things out to take care of yourself when the time comes, you can’t take 5 steps ahead of yourself at once.  One thing at a time, one day at a time, remember to be present and take care of you today, and don’t obsess over things you can't control or what you -think- the future will be, 'cause let's be real, I'm living proof that no one ever really knows what'll happen.

I’m playing a mobile + browser based game lately called Granblue Fantasy - the series itself has been pretty popular in Japan for a number of years (there’s an anime, manga, lots of merchandise, etc. etc.) and the game now has an EN translation so nerds like me can play too!  It’s really oldschool turn based JRPG style and is a total adventure fantasy with a sky pirate steampunk swords-and-sorcery setting, so, I mean.  What’s not to love??  It’s super fun and easy to pick up and put down whenever and you can get a billion characters and I love all my sky children VERY MUCH

76116b18f597abd5c6591a94c4a711a46fa77433

( oh and there’s a dragon named vyrn who is a DRAGON and NOT A LIZARD everyone calls him a lizard and he gets all huffy and it’s so cute and he loves apples VYYRRRNNN I LOVE VYRN )

Anyways I’m gonna take the Grancypher and hopefully pilot it to GREATNESS or adventure on a floating island or something, but if the skies get a little turbulent or I get lost I’ll just let Rackam take over, he’s a good boy and surely a way better pilot than me huh?  

a1bae5e1.gif

.... I just wanted an excuse to theme my stream-of-consciousness challenge after a game I’m playing, so, ha HA!  Did it~ :3

tumblr_ootu98V6GO1u8wfz9o1_500.gif

• Like 9

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Following first!  I WIN!!!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

11 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Following first!  I WIN!!!

HELL YEAH WELCOME TO VIP

3 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

:( it’s like I shouldn’t even bother following now.

Yeah sorry the VIP club is full you gotta go now.

( i felt like a real mean jerk typing that just now and i'm sorry ugh you can come in please EVERYONE CAN COME IN)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

:( it’s like I shouldn’t even bother following now.

*sits here idly wondering if mod powers can be abused to give myself the first post*

Following innocently with no thought of abusing my powers over here thankyouverymuchnothingtoseemovealonggoawaynophotosplease.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

*sits here idly wondering if mod powers can be abused to give myself the first post*

Following innocently with no thought of abusing my powers over here thankyouverymuchnothingtoseemovealonggoawaynophotosplease.

That ability explains so much.
  • Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

1) Delete posts prior to yours

2) ???

3) Profit

O HAI SHAAR!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hiiiii 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Tank?  Using his powers for CHAOS??  I simply can't entertain the thought............. actuallyIkindacanMISCHIEFABOUNDS

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That ability explains so much.

Like the dude behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz...

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE TANKTIMUS BEHIND THE CURTAIN

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Shaar :) im here to cheer you on and hold you up!! You will have a better time of it this challenge. Love you xx

S A L <333

So glad you are here!!!  We are going to do GREAT THINGS I just know it!!!

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

2) ???

3) Profit

O HAI SHAAR!

You, don't give him any dastardly ideas!!

OHAI DARKEST OF RAIDERS :DDDDD

5 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Heyooo!  Let's get this DONE!

We gonna GET!  IT!  DONE!!

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Hiiiii 

HIJONHAPPYNEWCHALLENGE :DDDD

• Like 5

ZERO WEEK

We do zero week around here, no time to sit on our laurels~

tumblr_oovmo6aSGz1wo91l2o2_500.gif

My word y'all it was hard to make myself go to the gym this morning.  I woke up real foggy this morning - likely in part because I ate half of THIS yesterday - full dairy?  luxury ice cream sandwich??  LOTS of saturated fat?!!?!  PHEW - something I usually don't indulge in.. but it was delicious and worth it.  (aside - please don't order $99 worth of ice cream sandwiches from the internet i only had half of the chocolate chip one 16 sandwiches would KILL A MAN i think)

Anyways uh..... oh yeah the gym, DID NOT WANT, rolled around in bed, had a headache (still have a lingering headache), but I always remember no matter how junky I'm feeling I never regret a workout.... so I got out of bed and went~

And lucky me, the gym was SUPER EMPTY!!! I got a rack all to myself and was able to do some warmup squats and decently heavy deadlifts while keeping my headache at bay.  Moderation.

SQ

45x5x3

75x5x3

95x5x1

Good Mornings

45x10x3

Calf Raises

45x10x3

75x10x3

Deadlifts

95x5x5

105x5x5

115x5x5

I actually remembered my liquid chalk for once and used it, heck yeah.  The last set of 115 was a struggle so I think today's session was just right for what I needed.

Lunch this week is pulled chicken with my favorite BBQ sauce and macaroni salad!  (I love mayonnaise-based salads it is my Achilles heel I am not proud or sorry)  Snacks are leftovers from last week - blue corn chips and 100 cal guac packets, cashew butter <3, hummus and carrots, almond butter granola...

Off to a good start.  Today will be a good day!  Gonna try to take care of this headache and go check in on everyone while I have a quiet morning for once; happy Monday y'all!! <33

• Like 7

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

2) ???

3) Profit

O HAI SHAAR!

That part's easy. The real challenge is to insert my post without deleting the other posts and make it look like I didn't use my powers at all. It's like that scene in the first Jason Bourne where the bad guy tells him, "I didn't send you to kill [character's name whom I can't remember]. I sent you to be INVISIBLE!"

9 minutes ago, shaar said:

Tank?  Using his powers for CHAOS??  I simply can't entertain the thought............. actuallyIkindacanMISCHIEFABOUNDS

If I ever do go rogue, it's going to be for a very good reason. Such a good reason that I won't feel compelled to dabble in chaos. No, it will be all the way from one extreme to another.

Good job getting a workout in.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

HIIII SHAAR

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

52 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That part's easy. The real challenge is to insert my post without deleting the other posts and make it look like I didn't use my powers at all. It's like that scene in the first Jason Bourne where the bad guy tells him, "I didn't send you to kill [character's name whom I can't remember]. I sent you to be INVISIBLE!"

If I ever do go rogue, it's going to be for a very good reason. Such a good reason that I won't feel compelled to dabble in chaos. No, it will be all the way from one extreme to another.

You are truly a mastermind to be rightfully feared.......... I see.

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Here for the CAPSLOCK HYPERBOLE.

giphy.gif

1376675353523.gif

wow this gif is a BEAUTY ahahahahaha

12 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

HIIII SHAAR

NTB HAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII <3333

4 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

HashbrownEatShitGerald

I haven't seen Gerald in like a whole week actually, HEY MAYBE HE DIED

Wow is that cruel or

................ Naaaaaaaaaah.

HASHBROWNGETINTHEGRAVEGERALD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Wow is that cruel or

................ Naaaaaaaaaah.

In seminary, our pastoral ministry professor, and one of the kindest men I've ever known, once said of a church with a lot of problems, "There's nothing wrong with that church a couple good funerals won't fix."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

In seminary, our pastoral ministry professor, and one of the kindest men I've ever known, once said of a church with a lot of problems, "There's nothing wrong with that church a couple good funerals won't fix."

Also true of some certain workplaces.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

omg hahahhahahah brutal Shaar !!!!! hahah

Glad you got to the gym!! Well done you :D proud proud proud! xx

Mwehehehe~

Thanks, I'm glad I went too!!

34 minutes ago, Raxie said:

hashbrownijustchokedlaughingthanksgerald

GERALD LOOK AT THE CHAOS YOU ARE CAUSING HERE YOU ASS

26 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

13 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Also true of some certain workplaces.

My goodness this is a REAL FEEL RIGHT HERE

hashbrownTRUTH

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hi Shaar!

I think I am the only one who feels sorry for Gerald......

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

1 hour ago, shaar said:

hashbrownTRUTH

Image result for hashtag hashbrown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

Hi Shaar!

I think I am the only one who feels sorry for Gerald......

I pity his grip from all the glove wearing he probably does

hashbrowngoodluckopeningthepicklejargerald

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram