[WhiteGhost] The Arruvia Conspiracy - Revving up

WhiteGhost

My challenge this time is going to have lots of martial arts type stuff (kicking, punching, jumping, flipping, stretching) so I am going to challenge here with the Monks this time.  I hope y'all don't mind me intruding :) 

As usual in my challenges, I am including my ongoing story "The Arruvia Conspiracy" which is supposed to be like cut scenes for a video game.  Previous episodes can be see in the (very, very long) spoiler below:

Spoiler

Intro Cut-Scene: Shadows and Voices

In the shadows of the narrow alley, a hooded figure moves silently forward along the wall trying to get a better view of the street.  The street is deserted except for two men standing beneath a dimly lit LED billboard, advertising a luxury sedan.  WhiteGhost’s eyes linger on the advertisement for only a moment before shifting his focus to the two men in the street. 

“Man, it would be nice to move around the city in that instead of creeping through shadows all the time,” he thinks to himself before shaking his head to clear his thoughts. 

At 3 o’clock in the morning on a Tuesday in Aldenton it would not be uncommon for a drunk office worker to be dragging himself home from a “client meeting” or perhaps a group of students from ACC, the local community college, to be finishing off a round of bar hopping.  These two, however, are as out of place in this low income neighborhood as orcs in Rivendell.  One of them is short and fat, with a receding hairline and deep grating voice, the other is tall and muscular with a nasal, rasping voice. 

“I wouldn’t want to run into that guy in a dark alley,” WhiteGhost thinks to himself, chuckling inwardly about the irony of the idea.  Both men are dressed to the nines, the shorter man in a dark blue Italian double breasted pinstripe suit and highly polished black wingtips, and the other in an off-white bespoke seersucker suit and brown leather cap-toe derbys.  “Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K,” WhiteGhost thinks as he inches closer to try and catch their conversation. 

“The BVI SPV could funnel mez cap through the Cayman holdco, it wouldn’t even hit the listco,” the nasely voice says in hushed tones.  Even in the dim light of the LED billboard, Whiteghost can see the shorter man roll his eyes. 

“We’ve been over this! You have the routing info, I’ll message you when they execute the SPA.  Now let’s get out of here before someone sees us.  Who knows what kind of lowlifes might be lurking in a stinking dump of a neighborhood like this.  Both men instinctively look around, but WhiteGhost is well concealed in the shadows.  

“I have no idea what all that means, but sounds like these jokers are up to no good,” WhiteGhost thinks as he slowly creeps deeper into the shadows.  “I better get out of here too and go find Blinky, if anyone would know what this is about, it’s him.”

Suddenly the LED billboard changed to show a flashing bottle of a new diet soda that had just been launched.  The light from the LED screen dissipates the shadows and both men are suddenly aware of the figure crouching at the mouth of the now fully lit alleyway.

“Mishmash ‘n’ meatballs,” Whiteghost curses under his breath as he races back into the alley with the bruiser hot on his heels.  Unfortunately, this alley is a dead end so getting away from this guy is going to be a bit of a climb.

Level 2: A Blinky Mess

WhiteGhost reaches the end of the wall and takes a bounding leap off of the back wall, tic-tacing over to a window ledge and pulls himself up. Afraid that looking over his should to check his pursuer will take precious seconds, he focuses on shimmying up a rain gutter until he reaches the edge of the roof.  Only once he has pulled himself over does he risk taking a look to see how things are going.  To his delight, the big man is still on the ground of the alley, trying in vain to grab the fire escape ladder.

WhiteGhost breathes a sigh of relief

“Well, that wasn’t so bad, but I am going to need to be more careful so I don’t get recognized.  It will be a lot harder to find Blinky if I have people looking for me” he thinks to himself as he sets off at a brisk run across the rooftops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blinky lives in a nondescript 3rd floor apartment in Indian Flats, a middle income neighborhood on the West side of town.  He started out as a CIA forensic accountant many years ago working in the organized crime unit, but he traded sides and went to work as a financier for a mob boss who made him an offer he apparently couldn’t refuse.  A couple of years ago he got caught embezzling his boss' cash and as punishment got his eyelids cut off, hence the nickname.  He now works as a freelance financial advisor, supplying his services to white hats, black hats and anyone else with a lot of cash and something to hide. 

When WhiteGhost gets to Blinky’s place he finds the front door hanging from just the top hinge, twisting slightly with every gust of wind. 

“I guess I’m not the only one who needs a word with old Blinky,” WhiteGhost mutters under his breath and he slips silently through the broken doorway.  Inside, Blinky’s place has been completely ransacked.  Drawers have been pulled out and dumped on the floor, his bed has been flipped and the bedsheets are strewn wildly around the bedroom.  His bookshelves have been pulled down and the floor of the living room is a sea of books.  

WhiteGhost takes a look at the computer desk and smiles to himself.  The guys that did this clearly were not professionals, just some low level thugs who didn’t understand Blinky’s world.  The computer keyboard has been smashed to pieces and there is a hunting knife sticking through what remains of it, pinning it to the desk.  The monitor has been knocked to the floor with a fist sized hole through it.  However, the tower under the desk is untouched and apparently still on, the cooling fan creating a dull hum in the background.  Empty diet cola bottles litter the floor and a half eaten burrito is mashed under a tipped over chair.  Apparently Blinky was interrupted unexpectedly.

WhiteGhost hooks up his tablet to the computer through an HDMI adapter and discovers a TOR browser open, with TrueCrypt and Bleachbit running in the background.  If Blinky didn’t have time to close these, he must have really been in a rush to get out.  The TOR browser is open to a Lelantos email account, but most of the emails don’t make any sense.  It seems Blinky was encrypting his messages manually before entering them into the encrypted system.  Given the types of people he deals with, he couldn’t afford to mess around.  The last email received, though, was not encrypted.  Opening it up, WhiteGhosts finds a Darknote XDN blockchain showing transfers of large sums of bitcoin to accounts in varying countries with Switzerland, Russia, South Africa, China, India and Mongolia coming up the most.  The email sender is merely identified by a single letter: H.

“No time to worry about that now,” WhiteGhost thinks to himself. “I need to find Blinky and get to the bottom of this.”  He reaches down to unplug his HDMI cable, and decides to pull out the hard drive for later.  As he pulls it out, he notices a yellow sticky note stuck to the inside of the computer tower.  He pulls it off and finds “WG38.2946071.-80.3132366” scrawled in pencil.

Level 3 - A Little Help

Smack!  A red hand print shows clearly on WhiteGhost’s cheek where he has been slapping himself every few minutes to keep himself awake.  Looking down at the computer screen dejectedly, WhiteGhost lets out a long sigh.  I got nothin’ 

WhiteGhost has been wracking his brain for the last three days trying to figure out what the message from Blinky could possibly mean.  He has run every decryption program he could think of but nothing was working.  He had spent hours combing through the recovered hard drive for decryption codes or any hint of what encryption methods Blinky preferred but every lead was a dead end.  WhiteGhost had even considered asking an anonymous hacker group such as the Shadow Brokers for help, but without knowing who was involved he just couldn’t risk it.

The sun broke through a crack in the curtains, and WhiteGhost let out a curse in frustration. “This is beyond me.  I’m gonna need some help…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take long for WhiteGhost to figure out where to go. He had heard of Hazard, the godfather of the local Assassin organization, but had never really interacted with him.  He asked around and was able to arrange a meeting.  

"What can I do for you, kid?" Hazard asked.  His tone was neutral but through the look in his eyes and the steel in his voice WhiteGhost knew this was a man with a background.  Swallowing nervously, Whitghost handed Hazard the scrap of paper he had recovered from the inside of Blinky's computer tower.  "I think this is some kind of code, but I have run all of the decryption programs I know but have come up empty every time.  Does this look like a code you are familiar with"?

Hazard took a long look at the characters written on the note.  WG38.2946071.-80.3132366”  He closed his eyes, leaned back and was put his arms behind his head as he thought.  Suddenly, Hazard opened his eyes, stood up and strode over to a bookshelf and started scanning the titles, searching for something specific.   Looking over his shoulder as he searches, Hazard looks directly at WhiteGhost "I assume this note was written specifically for you? The WG at the beginning can be ignored as it simply sates who the note is for.  The rest..." Hazard pulls a large atlas off the shelf and start flipping through pages until he finds what he is looking for.

"The rest is merely latitude and longitude coordinates.  What you are looking for is here" he says as he stabs his finger into a map. "Looks like you are going to be making a trip to West Virginia.  Middle of nowhere, it seems.  About as far off the the grid as you can get...

Level 4 - Off the Grid

WhiteGhost crept up to the small cabin barely visible from the game trail leading past it.  The cabin is shrouded in Bush Honeysuckle and looks as if it hasn’t been inhabited for years.  He carefully pushes past the undergrowth and hesitates just for a moment before approaching the lone door to the cabin.  After a quick glance over his shoulder, WhiteGhost gently pushes open the unlocked door and sees his old friend sitting in an antique rocking chair next to a long unused fireplace. 

“I was beginning to think you weren’t coming”.  Blinky says dryly as he looks up over the top of his book.  Blinky listens carefully as WhiteGhost recounts what he saw and heard in the alley back in Aldenton, and also the scene in Blinky’s apartment in Indian Flats. 

“Well, I am not familiar with Mr. Muscles, but the fat guy is a Senior Partner over at Pentadin Partners, a shady financial services company that brokers transactions structured to get around international sanctions.  This is very interesting because I stumbled across a series of corporate acquisitions PP brokered this year just before I was so rudely chased from my home”.  Blinky walks over to a table covered in books and papers near the window and grabs a small notebook out of the stack.  “Let’s see here, we have a sclerochiton ilicifolius farm in Transvaal, South Africa, a chemical manufacturing plant in Guilin, China, a bacterial R&D center in Yasenevo, Russia, and an Ion Exchange Equipment manufacturer in Chennai, India.  Seems our fat friend has been quite busy”.  He walks over to his refrigerator and pulls out a soda and offers one to his guest who politely declines.  Blinky never used to be a big soda drinker, but perhaps the stress has gotten to him.  “I was trying to find out who the buyer was for these companies, but, as you can see, did not get to finish that task” Blinky says.  “Seeing as I need to stay off the grid for a while, perhaps you can help me look into it”. 

“I’d love to help” WhiteGhost says, "but I wouldn’t even know where to start looking”.  The corners of Blinky’s mouth turn up to form just the faintest of smiles. 

“Luckily, I have some information that may help” he says  “Mr. Osladin, whom you met in the alley the other night, likes to funnel his transactions through the same few offshore holding companies.  The hard drive you recovered has a few programs I developed that you can use to trace back to the beneficial owners.  Unfortunately for you, though, I can’t do it with you as I need to lay low for a bit”. 

WhiteGhost looks at Blinky who just nods knowingly.

“Well, it looks like I have some work to do” says WhiteGhost.

Level 5 - Dead End

After many hours of combing through the voluminous data in the software, WhiteGhost is able to track down all of the transactions.  At first, it seems these companies are all being bought by seemingly independent private companies, but it doesn’t take much digging to tell that they are all just shell companies. 

“Interesting, but not very helpful,” WhiteGhost mutters to himself. 

Without any other leads to go from, WhiteGhost spends the next few weeks trying to dig up the shareholders of the acquiring companies by poring through government filings, drilling up through complex offshore holding structures in various tax havens and ultimately coming to numerous anonymous individuals holding proxy stakes through a number of Swiss accounts. 

“This is a dead end,” grumbles WhiteGhost.  “Even if I could hack into each of those accounts and find out the identity of each holder, I don’t have the time or the resources to track them all down.”   

Waiting until after dark to avoid unwanted attention, WhiteGhost head back out for another visit with Blinky.  Once he is back inside in Blinky’s cabin, Blinky yanks closed all of the curtains and plugs in an audio jammer.

“I don’t think anyone knows I’m here, but we can’t take any chances” Blinky says as he sinks into a chair next to a table covered with a stack of binders and few empty soda cans.  “What do you have?”

Pacing back and forth, WhiteGhost explains to Blinky about the shell companies and proxy shareholders, continuously watching Blinky, looking for any sign of hope.

“Well,” starts Blinky “It isn’t impossible to track down these individuals, but there’s no guarantee those people are even real.

WhiteGhost slumps into an empty chair dejectedly.  So that’s it?

“Well, I think we have gotten all of the information we can with our current information,” Says Blinky slowly. “We need to go out and get some new leads.

WhiteGhost stares at Blinky uncomprehendingly as he mutters angrily “What do you think I’ve been doing for the last 3 weeks?

“Go back to the beginning, of course!” exclaims Blinky.  Those fellows you saw in Aldenton probably know what’s going on.  Mr. Demerara, The Partner from Pentadin, will probably know more about the shareholders because I suspect he structured those accounts himself.  I have a feeling, though, that the other guy may be more likely to provide useful information. 

Why’s that?” WhiteGhost asks, his curiosity peaked.

“Think back to the initial conversation you overheard,” continues Blinky “Demerara was being very guarded about what he said and was doing everything he could to keep the other guy quiet, remember?” Blinky grinned slyly “I imagine it wouldn’t take too much persuasion to get the big fellow going.

“Brilliant idea!” exclaims WhiteGhost. “I just need to track that guy down, and I have a few ideas where he might be…

Level 6 - Q&A

Back in Aldenton, Whiteghost was putting together a plan to track down Muscles, they tall guy in the seersucker suit he first saw meeting with Demerara, the big wig deal broker from Pentadin. 

“If I were a stacked & jacked white collar criminal with impeccable fashion sense where would I be hanging out” whiteGhost mumbled to himself as he was scanning ‘Like a Local’ for possible places the guy might be.  I’m guessing he’s not going to be at any book clubs or poetry slams…  Let’s see… Maybe I could check the Crossfit Box

“Yeah, I bet this guy is one of those crossfitters – the perfect place for vain fitness nuts” he thought to himself absently as he continued scrolling

“Hold on, this is it” WhiteGhost blurted out, then looked around to see if anyone noticed.  He was sitting at a bus stop bench as he scrolled through the app, keeping one eye on his phone and one eye on the busy street ahead of him.

After making sure no one was watching him he looked back down at his phone, and the announcement lighting up his screen. 

WhiteGhost grunted quietly as he struggled to fit into the jacket he just happened to find lying around in a locked closet in the staff changing room in the hotel basement.  It hadn’t taken long to pick the lock, but it would have been even faster if it had been a key padlock. Combination locks were never his strong suite. 

Looking down at the nametag a smile came to his face.

“Tonight, I am Juan Dominguez” he laughed as he looked at his blond hair slicked back behind his ears.  If anyone asks I’ll just tell them my family comes from the colonies at Juarez

“If my Spanish were better, I may actually get someone to believe that…

His thoughts trickled off as he checked his watch; 30 minutes to show time.

When he first saw the announcement the other night, he knew getting tickets to this event was going to be hard.  It isn’t every day that the world’s fastest growing beverage company teams up with the world’s largest lingerie brand and the hottest company in athletic fashion for a one night only fashion show to launch their newest product” he mused. 

He had tried getting a ticket, but this was an exclusive party and only the only people getting into this event are the rich or well connected.

“And the serving staff, of course” he thought with a smirk.

There would of course be media present, but those credentials were getting extra scrutiny tonight.  With an event this hot, every fashion blogger and Youtube celebrity trainer was trying to get in.  Unless you were on the specific invite list, though, you might as well be James O’Keefe trying to get into a Planned Parenthood board meeting.

Buttoning up the jacket and straightening his tie, WhiteGhost headed up to the hotel catering center to grab some hors d’oeuvres. 

“I need to get there a little early to get the first choice of trays” he thought to himself “they guys with the champagne and caviar get the most attention but the least scrutiny

WhiteGhost took advantage of both the anonymity and the broad access afforded him by the service jacket and tray of expensive champagne and he wandered about the event keeping an eye out for his quarry. 

“You’d think a guy of hi size would be easy to spot” he though, frustrated that he had not seen him yet.  He’s got to be here, I can’t imagine he would miss an event like this

Still unable to find the guy he was searching for, WhiteGhost made his way towards the catwalk to see if he could find a spot where could watch the show.  It was then he spotted him.

On the front row along one side of the low T-shaped stage he saw a huge man, wearing a bespoke white tuxedo with a mandarin collar over a burgundy vest, his black, shoulder-length hair combed back behind his ears. 

“There you are” WhiteGhost whispered to himself.  now, let’s see what kind of information I can get out of you about those transactions

The plan came to him immediately, but it would take some preparation.  Heading back into the service area, WhiteGhost ditched his service jacket, grabbed a tool belt and made his way to the booth.  In the confusion as the show began, he was able to pass himself off as a backup lighting technician and set himself up behind a backup spotlight on the left lighting truss.  From there he had a good view of both the stage and the large man filling a prime seat just to the side of it.

“And now, the game is afoot” WhiteGhost thought to himself as a smile spread across his face

WhiteGhost watches the show from his position on the lighting show.  Although the show itself is entertaining enough, his primary objective is observing his mark, a large heavily muscled man sitting in the front row.  As the man watches the models strut up and down the runway, WhiteGhost carefully observes the man’s demeanor, and how he interacts with both the guests seated next to him but also the service staff.

Interrogation is one of WhiteGhost’s specialties, and he knows that there are two universal truths when it comes to getting information. First, the best source is a willing source and second, Fear Up is always the last approach.

As WhiteGhost recalls the two rules, his mind slips back to his training and he can picture his instructor as she repeats this mantra over and over again.  The memory brings a smile to his face as he recalls the scene.

As the show wraps up, WhiteGhost descends back down to the ground level and approaches his target. 

Taking advantage of the chaos as the guests begin to depart, WhiteGhost corners his prey as he attempts to get out of the aisle between the chairs and the stage

Good evening, sir,” WhiteGhost says flashing a grin “I’m a doing an expose of this event for Stacked.com and would like to ask you a few questions about how your feedback on the event

The man stops and eyes WhiteGhost suspiciously

“Stacked.com” he says slowly. "I’m not familiar with your publication

“Oh, I’m not surprised” replies WhiteGhost cheerfully.  We have just been acquired by the Huffington Post, though, so my article will appear in their new Wellness and Fitness section

WhiteGhost lowers his voice and leans in “This is still not public information, so please don’t tell anyone

After a quick nod, WhiteGhost continues “Clearly you are the most fit man in this building, what is your secret to getting so stacked?

WhiteGhsot continues to ask primarily fitness related questions and build up the man’s ego, but every third or fourth question he drops a leading question prepping him to talk more about his involvement in the acquisitions of the companies Blinky had on his hard drive.  No direct questions, but questions designed to touch on tangential topics: overseas travel, occupational success, and personal philosophy.

As the man is regaling WhiteGhost with his latest travel adventure, the man’s voice suddenly trails off.  He leans toward WhiteGhost, seeming to see him for the first time and his eyes narrow

“You look really familiar, where have I seen you before

“Oh, you have probably seen my Youtube Channel, I have… “ WhiteGhost starts but get cut off

“Wait a minute, I know you! You’re that guy spying on us from the alley the other night” the man growls

WhiteGhost glances around to see that the place is now deserted except for the two of them. 

As his eyes come back around to the man in front of him, he has just enough time to see a giant fist as it connects with his chin.

And then blackness

Level 7 - A New Lead

WhiteGhost groans and rolls over, blinking his eyes as the he is nearly blinded by the sunlight.  His head is pounding and he feels like he just got run over by a truck.  Looking around he can see that he is laying on the ground behind an overflowing dumpster, his clothes covered in bits of discarded food and old napkins, and a mashed soda can has managed to attach itself to his elbow.

“Oh man, what happened?” he groans loudly as he tries, unsuccessfully to raise himself up.

Closing his eyes, he tries to remember how he ended up here but can only recall bits and pieces.  He strains again to pull himself up, struggling with the effort. 

The drumming in is head is like a high school marching band struggling through their first rehearsal

“I need to rest a bit to clear my head, but this isn’t the place for it” he thinks to himself “I need to find somewhere a little cleaner.  And without the awful stench…

Leaning over and supporting his weight on the side of the dumpster, WhiteGhost heaves painfully and unceremoniously spews whatever remained of last night’s dinner all over his shoes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back is his safehouse, WhiteGhost slumps into a chair and chugs a liter of water.  His head has been pounding the whole walk home and he has a crick in his neck from either absorbing a heavy punch or from laying on it wrong behind the dumpster.  Looking his reflection in a nearby cabinet, the huge black bruise under his left eye hinted at the former. 

Closing his eyes, he tries to piece together the events of the previous evening.  It is all just bits and pieces so he sits down on a thin mat on the floor for some breathing exercises to help him focus.  After about 10 minutes or so, things start coming back

“Oh yeah, I met with him shortly after the show ended” WhiteGhost says out loud to nobody ”I recall his name was really unusual…  Khan, something… No Khand.  That’s what it was – Khand. Khand Muscovado.  Yes, it’s all coming back to me now.

The memories of the previous started flooding back to him, so WhiteGhost grabbed a pencil from the desk next to him and pulled a piece of blank paper out of the printer tray.

“Let’s see” WhiteGhost mumbled as he scribbled some notes onto the paper “I knew he was working with Demerara from Pentadin, so I got him to start talking about that… What was he saying…  Oh yes, he was talking about how they were the number one international acquisition advisor in the food & beverage sector…

WhiteGhost continued scribbling down notes the memories came back and after about an hour and a half of furious scribbling, he had the evening’s conversation pretty much worked out.  Looking over the notes, he searched for the clues he had been hoping to get Muscovado to spill. 

And there it was – At one point the slightly drunk Muscovado had leaned in and whispered “keep this off the record mate, but we have created the world’s largest synthetic food manufacturing plant, all of the acquisitions have been funneled into the holding company through – perfectly legal, mind you – a series of offshore holding companies.” Looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping, he continued “we are planning to issue a huge press release once our new product hits the markets.  It is going to change the world – you mark my words

WhiteGhost dropped back into his chair and slammed the pencil down onto the table, frustrated.  

“This doesn’t make any sense” he exclaimed, the echoes reverberating across the empty room.  This all looks completely legit! Why go through all of this elaborate process and secrecy for a miserable product launch." 

WhiteGhost walked over to the filing cabinet and pulled out the papers from Blinky that described the transactions.  As he went over them things started to look increasingly fishy. 

“Something is definitely strange here."  he mused.  

These transactions are all structured through unregulated markets and the source of funding was clearly being intentionally obscured as if it was being laundered.  His conversation with Blinky had confirmed this, but at the time he hadn’t thought much about it. 

WhiteGhost needed some answers but he wasn’t going to get them here.  He needed to go check out this synthetic food processing plant for himself.  Going back over his notes he found where Muscovado had let slip the location of the facility.  He rifled through a stack of passports in the safe he picked one that would not need a visa for this upcoming trip and stuffed it into his backpack along with a stack of cash.

“This is going to be fun, I’ve never been to Ulaanbaatar before” he said with a smile as he walked out the door.

Level 8 - Infiltration

Whiteghost stepped off the plane in Ulanbaatar and shuddered as an icy wind blew acorss the tarmac.  The airport was small with only six gates, and even though only three of them were occupied the place still stopped a good distance from the terminal and he had to carry his bag and walk across the windswept tarmac.  
      “I guess they are called discount airlines for a reason” he muttered to himself.  
      After finding a room in a discount hotel on the edge of the city, WhiteGhost pulled up the map on his phone and checked the coordinates of the food processing company.  Based on the address filed with the local government, the facility was actually quite far from the city in the middle of nowhere.  
      “Well, that’s strange” he thought to himself.  “According to this map there is a single road that leads to where the facility should be, but nothing shows up on the map.”
      Pulling up a satellite image on Google earth only deepened the mystery – where the facility should be the entire area was blurred and pixelated.  
      “Seems somebody doesn’t want to be found” WhiteGhost said to himself” and with a grin continued “well, time to go ruin that somebody’s day

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early the next morning, WhiteGhost headed over to the motorcycle shop where he had made reservations before setting out.  The owner was there ready for him when he got there, even though the sun was still not yet coming over the horizon. 

As they stepped into the garage, WhiteGhost looked around that the options and his eyes were drawn immediately to a blue and white Yamaha WR450, a 2006 from the looks of it, without an electronic starter.

“This one is perfect” he said as he walked around it checking the titanium engine guard for cracks.  I always hated the electronic starters.  Completely unreliable

“You will certainly be happy with this one sir” the owner replied.  I have made a few upgrades that I think you will appreciate.  The front dash has been replaced with a digital readout for all of your gauges including an embedded GPS screen, and I have added GoPro mounts for both the front and back

Whiteghost threw his leg over and jumped on the kickstarter bringing a roar from the engine.  With a giant smile on his face, WhiteGhost yells “Thanks!” as he pulled out of the shop and onto the street

Once at the outskirts of the town, WhiteGhost pulled over and input the GPS coordinates into the system.  There was only 1 road leading to the facility, but not knowing what he was up against he thought it best to stay off the road as much as possible.  Having a dirt bike certainly made this easier, but he had to make sure there weren’t any ravines or wadis between here and the plant. 

By late afternoon, WhiteGhost had arrived at his predetermined ORP, where he parked the bike and covered it with a camouflage tarp.  From there he climbed up to just below the ridge where he dropped his gear and grabbed his camera.  The facility should be just behind this ridge and in about 10 minutes the sun should be just at the right angle to shield him from observation thanks to the glare

“As long as I don’t silhouette myself” he thought to himself as he crawled carefully over the ridge, moving to a spot that had some good cover between a boulder and a short bush.   

Peering through his binoculars WhiteGhost unconsciously sucked in his breath.

What he was looking at was no ordinary manufacturing plant.  It was a 14 or 15 story building with no windows on the lower 10 levels, and the windows on the top floors were secured with what appeared to be heavy armor.  The front gate was guarded by a pair of intimidating men in camouflage uniforms and holding submachine guns, and they were backed up by machine gun nests and bunkers behind the entrance and along the road leading up to the factory providing strategically positioned interlocking fields of fire.  Along the road and around the building were countless surveillance cameras.

While observing and taking notes, a delivery truck rumbled up the road and stopped at the first checkpoint.  Under the careful watch of the two guards, a team of inspectors with came out with dogs to do a check of the vehicle.  Observing the interactions of the driver with the guards it was clear that this was routine and he had been through this procedure many times.

As the sun went down but before the guards would have a chance to get used to the low light, WhiteGhost crawled back up over the ridge and grabbed his gear.

"I am not going to be able to get into that facility on my own” he whispered under his breath.  I need to get a message back to the Company and have them put together a team for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WhiteGhost looked at the message from the Company with interest.

“Let’s see what they have for me” he thought to himself as he read over the list.

The list was a breakdown of the team that was being sent in to assist him in his further recon of the facility, and each person, identified only by a code name, was followed by a brief description of their skills

He read the list aloud to himself as he paced around his tiny hotel room:

“Infinity – Infinity will cover your route reconnaissance and overwatch.  Expert in long range reconnaissance she has eyes like a hawk and a crack shot with an effective range over 2km.  She will help plan your approach and cover you while you get there and back.”

“Javelin – Javelin is your infiltration/exfiltration expert to get you into and out of the facility.  Expert in both physical and digital locks and security, there are no walls that can keep him out, and no walls than can keep him in.” 

“C-Pool – C-Pool is your weapons and demolition expert.  He will help your team select the right weapons and equipment, and will be your primary protection while inside the facility.  This is primarily a recon mission, but if things go south you will glad he is on your side.”

“Fanghorn – Fanghorn is the key to this mission.  She is an expert in bio-chemistry and can identify nearly all known compounds, and number of compounds are only known thanks to her.  Inside the facility you need to get her to the production center to identify the compound being produced in the facility and analyze them.”

“Emerald – Emerald is your medic.  She is just coming off of another mission that has run into problems and she may not reach your location before the launch of the mission. If she doesn’t make it you will be on your own so please avoid getting shot, to the extent possible.”  

By the next morning, all 5 of the new team members had all arrived.  It turns out that Meralda had come directly from her previous mission, but in talking to the rest of the team it turns out that all of them had just recently come off of various missions as well.  WhiteGhost introduced everyone and they got to work putting together the mission plan, working out details and possible contingencies.

I couldn’t have asked for a better team.” WhiteGhost thought to himself and smiled as the team pulled together to work out a plan.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group gathered around the satellite images of the facility as the plan was discussed.

“Then we come down the eastern side of the spur staying just below the ridgeline so we don’t silhouette ourselves, keeping ourselves generally between the setting sun and the facility to maximize the light differential which should keep us from being spotted as we approach” Whiteghost intoned as he pointed to the map where a spur of a nearby mountain ran close to the facility from the Northwest.  Getting through the wall at this location is going to be tricky, though.  What do you have, Javelin?

Javelin hesitated before beginning, with a glance over at Infinity.

“Right” said WhiteGhost understanding the meaning behind the body language. OK Infinity, you are the route reconnaissance expert, what are your thoughts?”

Infinity smirked and walked around next to Whiteghost, and made as if she were thinking over the approach as just outlined.  "Well,” she began “it is a really solid plan and well thought through.  And if we follow it to the letter will most likely end up very dead…

The smile that had forming on WhiteGhost’s face suddenly disappeared. Slightly annoyed, but giving her the benefit of the doubt, he simply nodded for her to continue.

Infinity slid a Gerber knife from her sleeve sheath and, using it as a pointer, indicated 3 points on the satellite image.  Your plan is based on military tactics from a previous generation, and would have been my recommended approach if that’s when we were doing this.  However, you are not going to have guards on the walls anymore standing sentry.  Anyone who is watching, and I am sure there are many, will be watching from a central command center deep inside the facility.  These three items here,” she gestured again with the knife “are cameras, and from what it looks like they are going to be passive infrared with thermal scanners

She glanced up at Javelin who nodded in agreement

“Based on what we can see from these images” Infinity continued” the facility is going to be actively monitored from all directions day and night

"I guess we’re just going to have to blast our way in through the front gate, then” growled C-Pool. 

Fanghorn let out an audible gasp and looked at WhiteGhost for clarity.  I thought this was a recon mission, not a suicide mission

“Yeah, I don’t think a full frontal assault would work out very well for us” agreed WhiteGhost.  "Any suggestion then, Infinity?

“I’m glad you asked” she said smiling.  "Javelin and I discussed this last night and we think we have a plan that could work. Would you like to do the honors, Javelin?

“Nah, you go ahead, I’ll just fill in the details as you miss them” he replied with a wink

“OK, so C-Pool here was actually not too far off.  The only way in is going to be through the front door

“But WhiteGhost just said…” gasped Emerald before WhiteGhost cut her off

“Let her finish” he said ”I want to see where she’s going with this”.

“With cameras watching everywhere, the only place that they expect people to show up is to the front gate, anywhere else and the alarms go off

“Right” added Javelin.  In addition to the cameras, I can say with a very high degree of certainty that they will have state-of-the-art motion detectors as well.  Look at the third picture here and you can see what appears to be some kind of animal remains, maybe an argali or an ibex.  I’m guessing it probably didn’t die in its sleep there

Emerald leaned over for a closer look. “Based on the animal’s position it was clearly killed mid run.  Given that it doesn’t appear to have been eaten suggests it probably wasn’t a snow leopard that got it

“7.62 NATO round would be my bet” suggested C-Pool. “or maybe a .50 Cal

“Regardless” continued Javelin “they will be watching every other avenue of approach and we would likely see a similar fate

“How is the front gate going to be any better?” asked Fanghorn

“They won’t expect us because they will be expecting us” replied Javelin

“Come again?" chimed Emerald

As Infinity and Javelin laid out the plan, each of the rest of team nodded in agreement.  If they were going to get into this place, this was probably the best option

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WhiteGhost and C-Pool went back to the city while Javelin went to scout out the front gate.  Javelin, Emerald and Fanghorn remained back at the rally point finishing up the final preparations. 

During past few days, the team had observed the traffic coming into and out of the facility, and today was likely to have a large number of deliveries.  WhiteGhost and C-Pool made it back to the city and found the packaging station

“OK C-Pool, let’s see if we can make this happen with as little trouble as possible” WhiteGhost whispered as they came up to the back door of the facility.

“Of course” he whispered back, but then a grin slowly spread across his face.  but just in case I brought back up”.  C-Pool pulled his jacket open to reveal a pair of Uzis in holsters strapped to the inside of the jacket.

"Always prepared for everything, aren’t you” responded WhiteGhost dryly.  Let’s just hope we don’t need it

WhiteGhost drew out a lock pick set and within a few seconds they were inside the facility. As they moved through the back office they could see a couple of workers on the loading dock filling a delivery truck with large bags.   

WhiteGhost stepped out of the office and held up a badge and a clipboard and held them out to the dock workers  Pardon me, gentlemen, but…

He didn’t have a chance to finish his sentence before both of the dock workers pulled out automatic pistols and started firing at him

He dived behind a crate but didn’t have to stay there long because a couple of burst from the Uzis out of the doorway behind him and the warehouse fell silent

“Well, that didn’t go as planned” said C-Pool

“You can say that again” WhiteGhost grunted as he pulled himself out from behind the crate.  Let’s get everything packed up and get out of here before the police show up and start asking questions

The pair of them threw the last of the bags into the truck, grabbed the IDs from the workers and jumped into the truck.

“On the plus side, at least we're ahead of schedule” said C-Pool as they headed back towards the rally point.

While WhiteGhost and C-Pool were out getting the truck, Infinity went out to front gate of the facility and observed the facility workers as each of the delivery trucks came up to observe the protocols, as she had been doing each of the last few days. 

As the drivers would pull up to the gate, the guards would step out with their weapons out and stop the truck.  While the first pair of guards checked the driver credentials and manifest, a second pair would circle the truck with mirrors to scan the underside of the vehicle and then open up the back to inspect the shipment.  On slow days they would spent time to climb inside the truck to look around and count, but on busy days they would just give each truck a cursory glance to make sure the contents roughly matched the manifest.

As expected, the guards were just doing routine checks again today so she hurried back to the rally point to wait for the truck

While the rest of the team was out, Javelin was working with Fanghorn and Emerald to prepare some credentials they would need to get past the guards.  They didn’t know exactly what they would need until WhiteGhost and C-Pool got back with the manifest and IDs but Javelin had made enough fake IDs in his career that he had a good idea of what materials and information he would need.  The team had also prepared a false wall that they could install into the back of the truck to hide the remaining team members during inspection.

WhiteGhost and C-Pool pulled up the RP just as Infinity was getting back from her patrol.  WhiteGhost backed the truck up to their tent and the team started working immediately to get everything ready.  They had only a limited time window to get everything ready for delivery today.  If they missed this window, the plan was a bust because tomorrow would be a light day, and a late delivery was sure to bring additional unwanted scrutiny.

It only took the team about 90 minutes to get the false wall installed in the truck and a new manifest and IDs prepared.  Once everything was ready, WhiteGhost called the team together and they went over the plan one more time before setting out.

Once everything was ready, WhiteGhost and Javelin concealed everyone else into the back of the truck and the pair hopped in the front.

As the truck pulled away from the rally point, WhiteGhost looked over at Javelin and said in the most confident voice he could muster  “OK, this is it.  Everything’s going to work out as planned

Javelin merely nodded back, clearly just as nervous about this as WhiteGhost

As the truck pulled up to the front gate of the compound, the guards came out as expected but instead of a routine check, they immediately noticed the drivers were new and started grilling them

“Where are the regular drivers?” They demanded

“They were assigned a different route today, we were called in at the last minute to cover for them” explained WhiteGhost handing over the IDs and manifest

The guards looked over the IDs and other paper work while WhiteGhost and Javelin waited nervously

After a few minutes, the guards got on his radio and said something neither WhiteGhost or Javelin could understand, but the meaning became clear as an entire squad of guards came pouring out of the gate with their weapons drawn on the truck.

“I don’t think they went for it” Javelin muttered through clenched teeth

WhiteGhost could only nod in agreement

The solders ordered the pair out of the cab and had them lie face down on the ground in front of the truck while the rest climbed into the back to inspect the contents.  It wasn’t long before the entire team was all laying on the ground together as the guards called the situation in on their radios.

As the team lay there waiting to see what was going to happen, they heard the front door of the facility open and a group of people came out, let by a tall blond woman in a business suit and heels. 

Stepping between the guards and the team on the ground she looked them over and in a thick Russian accent said in a commanding voice “Stand up!

The team picked themselves up of the ground and dusted themselves off. Some looking curiously at the woman standing in front of them while others avoided her piercing gaze and looked anywhere else.

The silence was broken once again as she barked “Why are you late? I was expecting you here an hour ago!  She waved off the guards and as she walked back towards the facility she called over her shoulder “Let’s go, we don’t have much time!

Level 9 - Arruvia

The tall blond woman led the team down a stark corridor to an elevator and they descend what feels like 10 or 15 floors.  Despite their curiosity at the situation, none of the team dare ask any questions, be everyone is wondering the same thing: “what have we gotten ourselves into here?

When the elevator finally stopped, the woman led the team down a brightly lit corridor and shepherded them into a room through a door on the left.  Inside the door is a small room with various machinery covering the walls.  Fanghorn immediately recognized the equipment as very advanced testing and analysis equipment for chemical compounds.  Looking at the selection of atomic absorption/emission spectroscopy systems, thermal analyzers, calorimeters, and refractometers she can’t help but ask “what is this place?

The tall lady smiled and gave Fanghorn an appraising look.  We don’t have much time, but you need to see this to understand what you…” she glanced quickly at the door as if to check that it wasn’t about to open, and continued “...We... are up against.  This is the heart of this facility.  If you check the optical spectrometer over there” she gestured to a machine next to the door “you can see a sample of what is being processed in this facility.

Fanghorn punched a few buttons on the screen and looked as the data readout came up.  She stared at the data for a few moments before turning to the woman and asking “What is this? I have never seen anything like it

“What you are looking at” she replied” “is called Arruvia.  Arruvia is a chemical compound created out of a synthesized version of Monatin.

A look of comprehension came across Fanghorn’s face, but the rest of the team just stared between the two trying, but failing, to follow the conversation.

Noticing the looks on confusion from the rest of the team, the woman turned to WhiteGhost and explained “Monatin is a naturally occurring substance that is used as a sweetener.  In its natural form, Monatin is 3,000 times sweeter than refined white sugar.  Through our synthesis we have managed to create a substance we have named Arruvia, which is nearly 10,000 times sweeter than sugar.

She paused for a moment while the team digested this new information before continuing “the advantage of this is that we can create sweet food products with much less sweetener, which according to food regulators across the globe becomes so small that we can leave it off the list of ingredients.  The labels can say ‘no sugar’ and ‘no artificial sweeteners’ because the sweetener content is below the regulatory thresholds.

WhiteGhost turned to the woman with a puzzled expression “While this sounds like some shady business practices, it sounds like everything you are doing is technically legal…

The lady laughed loudly and smiled at the team “Oh, that’s just the spiel we give to our investors.  I will explain the rest to you later, but for now we need to get out of here.  This place is not safe for any of us anymore.  She opened the door and motioned for the team to follow her.  There is a secret exit this way, but we will need to hurry

They followed the hall to another doorway which led to a set of stairs going down.  At the bottom, they came to a guarded gate, but when the guards saw the lady approaching, they merely snapped to attention and let them through.  On the other side were a number of Jeeps and before them a long tunnel stretching out before them.  "Climb in and let’s get out of here before they figure out what I’ve done."

As they climbed into the Jeeps WhiteGhost couldn’t help but ask “who are you?”

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

OK, now that the story is out of the way, let's get to the meat of this challenge:

My last challenge was Downshifting, and was based on the principle that if you are already moving in high gear but need to really speed up to pass someone, you need to downshift to use a different gear ratio to increase acceleration.  In practical terms, it meant that I was focusing less on number of reps and more on quality of reps (full range of motion, proper form, etc.).

I think I have done pretty well getting the basics dialed in and now it is time to get my engine revved up so that I can get the power I need to really break through and generate some momentum.  In practical terms, this is going to be continuing to work on form, but also strength, power and explosiveness.  The details are below:

1. The Hero's Journey - I am working through Darebee's Hero's Journey program and have just over 30 days left.  The program is a HIIT based workout, based around a story outline, but the reality is that it seems to be primarily focused on building up pushups.  I have elected to train 3 weapons as part of the program:

1. Heavy Sword (with Armour) - Pullups (with weights).  I will talk more about this in point 2 below
  2. War Hammer  - Dumbbells (Curls, Rows, OHP)
  3. Ribbon - Kicks (Roundhouse Kicks, Side Kicks and Front Snap Kicks)

Because the program is already fixed, I will just follow the program as written, with the following caveats 

• I am doing this on hardcore mode. I do every exercise at the highest difficulty level and if there are any choices, I have to choose the harder one.  
  • My schedule may not allow me to do the dates exactly as assigned, so will pre-load or back-load the workouts to fit my schedule

2. Pullups - I want to get a Muscle Up this year. I have even listed it as one of my the Boss Fights for the year.  However, after analyzing my progress so far, by biggest weakness is strength and explosiveness out of the hole.  In order to rectify this, I have started doing weighted pullups.  I started at +10kgs but for this challenge I am going to up that to +20kgs.  At this weight, my new AMRAP is 2, and by the end of this challenge I want to get my +20KGs AMRAP to 5.  I will be doing this based on a program roughly following the USMC pullup program where I will do 3 days/week of 20-30 pullups spread over the course of the day.  The exact number of reps will be worked out as I go along

3. Stretching - I have always struggled with flexibility and I have let it slide recently.  However, it is getting to be a real problem because it is starting to limit the things I want to do so I am bringing it back this challenge.  I have discovered, however, that I have probably been trying to do too much, which has led me to lose focus and get discouraged.  For this challenge, I going to focus only on splits (front and side) because that where I am hitting the most roadblocks in my other exercises (especially tricking)

4. Fixing Anterior Pelvic Tilt - I have known I had a bit of APT for a while but I realized how bad it was the other day as I saw myself in the mirror and was shocked to see that my back was naturally curved so badly that I could probably be mistaken for an actress in a Michael Bay movie.  Upon further research, I have discovered that APT is also causing a hmber of other problems, including flexibility problems in my forward fold.  Given the nature of the problem, I have decided I will focus on fixing my APT before continuing to work on flexibility, otherwise I think I will end up just frustrating myself.  Activities to work on this will be:

• Focusing on posture during the day (keeping my abs braced and my hips back as much as possible when I am sitting or walking.  I know I won't be able to keep it up 24/7, but keeping in focus will be useful
  • Hip bridges (single & double leg)
  • Table tops
  • Backbends / Bridges
  • Scorpions / Macacos (Scorpions are a move going from a table top to a full bridge and back)
  • Lunges
  • Ab Crunches

5. Other - I have also signed up for the Crow PVP, so I will likely be doing a bit of crow/handstand work as well.  I may also join other / guild specific PVPs as they get launched.

Let's get things going! 

Image result for tachometer rev up gif

• Like 8

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

the other day as I saw myself in the mirror and was shocked to see that my back was naturally curved so badly that I could probably be mistaken for an actress in a Michael Bay movie.

Officially jealous. 

And following for the martial arts fun! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

so impressive on your pull ups! love darebee too.

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

The story is getting intense!! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Officially jealous. 

And following for the martial arts fun! 

Don't be too jealous,  It doesn't make by backside look any better (in fact, I think it looks much better with the hips neutral).  What it does, is make my guts stick out like I have seriously distended abs.  Unless that's your kink, then feel free to jealous all you want ;) 

18 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Not the first but here early. Good luck with the challenge. And are you sure you’re in China? Football, Oreos, Trampoline Parks; sounds more like you might be hanging out in China Town in SF. ;P

[checks the pollution level outside] Yep, definitely not SF :)   

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Here!

Yay! Glad you're here :) 

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Sneaky assassin, infiltrating ze monks. Oooooh, I get to science now!

BlackPanther_RISE_ITW_11B.jpg

Not much point of bringing along a biochemist if there isn't going to be any sciencing ;) 

10 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

so impressive on your pull ups! love darebee too.

Hi, nice to have you here :) I stealth followed you last time, I will need to go see if I can find your new challenge and open follow this time

9 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Following! And loving the martial focus :P 

Yeah, it's pretty fun.  It has really been a long time since I have done anything martial arts related, though

3 hours ago, Teancum said:

The story is getting intense!! 

It's about time!  The build up kind of dragged on a bit, but now we are getting close to the climax

Hero's Journey - Last night was day 29, which meant all the pushups.  The workout consisted of regular pushups AMRAP then 40 jab punches then diamond pushups AMRAP x 10 sets (2 minutes break between sets)  By the time it got to the diamond pushups, my AMRAPs were averaging about 4.  My arms were feeling really swole afterwards, though :)   Today's workout is all about static holds and I have to do 3x plank (3 minutes each) and 3x wall sit (3 minutes each)  I did one of each this morning and they were absolutely miserable.

Pullups - I have decided for now to do 3x3/day, with 3 in the morning before work, 3 when I get home and then 3 before bed.  If I can get my AMRAP up to three I will up this number

Stretching - I didn't do any focused stretching, but I did a bunch of stretching throughout the evening

APT - I did a bunch of glute bridges throughout the evening, even turning it into a game of "London Bridge is Falling Down" with Ghostlet.  I would put my feet up on the counter and make a bridge and he would try to run or dive under before I could come down and catch him.  :) 

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

Wow Hero's journey is a challenge on it's own. Respect. I now know where I read your name: Accountability corner.

I have trouble with my back, too. Friend of mine said, dancing and climbing was helping. Dancing because you watch your posture a lot. But I'm not determined enough to start another hobby.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

1 hour ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Wow Hero's journey is a challenge on it's own. Respect. I now know where I read your name: Accountability corner.

I have trouble with my back, too. Friend of mine said, dancing and climbing was helping. Dancing because you watch your posture a lot. But I'm not determined enough to start another hobby.

I usually haunt the Assassin and Ranger threads, but I like to get out to the other guilds every once in a while to get to know more nerds :) 

Yeah, I can see how dancing would be really helpful, but finding time (and motivation) for new hobbies is really hard 

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

APT - I did a bunch of glute bridges throughout the evening, even turning it into a game of "London Bridge is Falling Down" with Ghostlet.  I would put my feet up on the counter and make a bridge and he would try to run or dive under before I could come down and catch him.  :) 

Cute. :) 

2 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I have trouble with my back, too. Friend of mine said, dancing and climbing was helping. 

Don't know about climbing, climbers have a notoriously shoulders hunched forward posture. Great for back/core strength and general awesomeness though. ;) But getting a new hobby for the sake of improving posture seems ass backwards to me anyway.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Cute. :)

It totally was, until he started complaining that I was too heavy and was going to crack his ribs every time I got him :D   Gameified workouts with Ghostlet are the best!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hi, nice to have you here :) I stealth followed you last time, I will need to go see if I can find your new challenge and open follow this time

oh man, i'm honored!

• Like 1

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

11 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

oh man, i'm honored!

Image result for bow gif

Last night I had creamy salmon spaghetti based on this recipe, and it was really good.  In the past I have never had cream, so I was trying to combine butter and whole milk instead.  Last weekend I was able to find some actual cream and it makes a world of difference.  MUCH better :) 

Spoiler

UprYev0.jpg

Hero's Journey yesterday was 3 minute plank (x3) and 3 minute wall sit (x3).  I did them but I couldn't keep perfect form through the wall sits and had to a few 1 second breaks to get through them.  I would just like to state for the record that I HATE endurance static holds like these.  Absolutely detest them.  The only reason I did them this time was to finish this program but I wouldn't do it otherwise.  I see them as completely pointless torture.

Image result for hate them gif

Pullups have been going well, I did my sets of 3 and I feel like I am already starting to make some improvements.  MY chin is clearly getting over the bar (before it was just getting TO the bar but not really over) and I can hold for a few seconds before coming back down.  AMRAP is still 2 but I would be surprised if I was able to get 3 already.  Slow and steady :) 

Not much in terms of stretching or APT work.  I need to get on that

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

i share your hate. let's outlaw them when we rule the kingdom.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

i share your hate. let's outlaw them when we rule the kingdom.

4DbqoHQ.gif

• Like 3

Level 2 Ninja

I don't get wall sit, but I like planks. I usually did them, when I tried to incorporate suit-ups or crunches in my workout. Without planks I would get back pain.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

4 minutes ago, deftona said:

You can't buy cream?!

Dairy products are kind of a novelty item here :(   Regular grocery stores will have whole milk (sometimes skimmed as well), yogurt, processed cheese slices and butter pats (whole sticks if you are lucky) .  Everything else you have to get online, but for the most part you have no way of knowing in advance if the stuff you are buying is actually made with milk or if it is just a combination of melamine and white paint.  Just this week my regular milk supplier had some cream so I ordered some.    Now if only they would add sour cream...

Just now, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I don't get wall sit, but I like planks. I usually did them, when I tried to incorporate suit-ups or crunches in my workout. Without planks I would get back pain.

I actually don't mind planks, but I don't see the point of ever doing them (or any static hold) for more than 60 seconds at a time.  After that long, what benefit are they even bringing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Level 2 Ninja

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

you have no way of knowing in advance if the stuff you are buying is actually made with milk or if it is just a combination of melamine and white paint. 

Mmmm, sounds delicious! 

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Just this week my regular milk supplier had some cream so I ordered some.    Now if only they would add sour cream...

You can make it yourself! Also, you can make butter from cream with some elbow grease and it's so much nicer than shop bought butter, and you get buttermilk to use in baked goods too. 

• Thanks 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

11 minutes ago, deftona said:

You can make it yourself!

You are my new hero!!!  I am totally making this later this week for some sweet fajita action :) 

Now I totally feel bad for making fun of your crepes pancakes :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 2 Ninja