[DarK_RaideR] becomes a Young Lion once again

02-7.jpg

Young Lion: A term used for rookie pro wrestlers in Japan. Young Lions live in dormitories adjacent to their wrestling dojo and are expected to perform household duties such as cleaning, laundry, and cooking. When not involved in a wrestling show, their whole life revolves around these chores and training, which mostly comes down to mastering the bare essential moves and learning how to take a beating from veterans. A Young Lion is expected to help assemble the ring before shows and tear it back down after, carry the baggage of their seniors, arrange guest seating and guide attendants to their seats. They also double as security staff, shielding the audience from brawls which may spill outside the ring and taking hits when a certain wrestler needs to be portrayed as overly villainous, having a fit of rage our out of control. Once it's time to enter the ring, they start by working smaller, local, non-televised shows against fellow Young Lions, usually in multi-man matches that slowly start to also involve veterans on the tail end of their careers. A Young Lion's ring attire consists of simple black fitted shorts, black ring shoes and short hair, with items like knee pads and kick pads added slowly as they learn and get more popular, signalling they are moving up. Likewise, their moveset may very slowly start to include slightly more spectacular or difficult moves. They are always in a match to do their best and ultimately lose, as fans just don't believe some young upstart that hasn't paid his dues would ever be able to defeat a seasoned veteran. In time, usually three years after graduation, they are sent off on a "learning excursion" to the U.S. or Mexico. This serves to take them out of the spotlight while they work abroad, expand their learning and add some character to what will eventually become their gimmick, before they return to Japan as full-fledged wrestlers.

So I'll be keeping up with the Lucha Libre narrative this challenge, but given how my life has been lately, the concept of Young Lions really resonates with me. Leaving a Crossfit box I was so excited about and not already having another one to jump to feels like a chance to reset. Questioning whether the next workout option will also be Crossfit or not, as well as redesigning my entire daily routine given this chance? Even more so.

Nutrition

I will keep logging my eating on the app in my phone. I've switched it from high protein to regular, so the numbers should look a bit less off this round. I broke through the 84kg plateu before this weekend and my goal is to hit 82kg by the end of the challenge on June 24.

Workouts

This one's a little trickier, so I'm breaking it into three parts:

1) Try out the 2 potential Crossfit boxes I've had in my sights lately. Preferably during week zero and for the morning 9-10 class so I can test whether that can be realistically done, given my work schedule.

2) Sign up for a race or competition. Haven't done one of those in a long while and they're great motivation. Doesn't have to also take place during the challenge, but I have to at least find something and sign up for it.

3) Finalize my workout routine plans. By the end of this challenge, I want to be signed up someplace and with a workout routine all figured out.

Lucha Libre

I will keep playing TEW and continue the narrative from last challenge. This isn't exactly a challenge goal (besides showing up regularly to post the updates themselves) but more of a statement that I will be using my challenge thread to post some narrative from that game.

Backstage+Walk.gif

#SquadGoals

• Like 12

Dark Raider's wrestling log

Date: Saturday, Week 2 of June 1998

Show: RWA Noche De Leyendas

Attendance: 3.046

Ratings: 0.11 (87.550 viewers) on Canal Tres

Show Grade: C-

Comments: Another attendance record and overall a good show. Another day at the office.

3zMgsNw.jpgY1PUQdw.jpgBQcuOBV.jpg5IaCzC3.jpg

Riding a wave of hope after last month’s big title win, Fray Valiente himself opened the show and brought out the new RWA Mexican champion to celebrate his big win. He and Rodriguez had a moment to talk about taking the Trios titles from Fuerzas De Mal before eliminating them for good, but Ataque De Noche crashed the party to make their own big announcement: a new leader for their faction to replace the fallen Dark Magik!

oFxacJG.jpg

That’s right, I’ve brought in the most feared and hated rudo in Mexico, El Demonio himself to lead RWA’s faction of supernatural villains! Portraying a demon might seem a bit cartoonish elsewhere, but in the most ardently catholic nation in the world, the whole concept has shot the man straight to the top. It helps he’s also young, talented in the ring and on the mic; just the main I need as our top rudo to lead Fuerzas De Mal.

Grade: C-

QI5EGQC.jpghpG1gid.jpgRvTfj1X.jpgXpsx6DH.jpg

Dark Raider, Man-Darin, Masked Rebel and Washichi Inao

25UZG0h.png

FyY0PWD.jpgqJ44MDD.jpgVwIafNl.jpg1enzblv.jpg skLYnTt.jpg

El Dragón y El Vampiro and Doble Dragón (with “Serpiente” Silvano Tapia)

Our opening atomicos match saw Dragón Maligno struggling to work with his usual teammate and Los Dragones on his side. This tension was the core around which the story of this match was built, using eliminations from both teams to swing the momentum of the match back and forth and emphasize the rudo team’s fight to overcome their internal struggle. Even after both members of Doble Dragón were eliminated, “Serpiente” Silvano Tapia stuck around on his team’s corner, a team player move but ultimately one that brought about that team’s downfall as Dragón Maligno kept being distracted and eventually when an argument broke out between them, Tapia was knocked off the apron only for Dragón to turn around into a Neck-tarine punch and the pin.

Grade: D-

7ELzDzU.jpgJFngbOK.jpg

The arrival of Axxis of Justice could only mean one thing, time for their Parejas titles open challenge! While concerned with the arrival of El Demonio, the champions didn’t dwell too long on that matter since they’re not directly aligned with Guerreros de Dios.

Grade: C+

Z3C4whJ.jpgZ3C4whJ.jpg

7ELzDzU.jpgJFngbOK.jpg25UZG0h.pnggdlXy5V.jpg8xijLPu.jpg

Axxis of Justice vs La Araña y el Pavo Real for the RWA Campeonato de Parejas

Given the opposition that showed up, fans knew they were in for a high flying, fast paced aerial battle and they got just that as all four youngsters went flat out with the titles on the line. Araña Zafiro Jr and Pavo Real have fallen a bit down the ranks and gotten less screen time with the arrival of bigger names, but they made good use of this opportunity to deliver solid performances. Speaking of performances, I have to mention that of Nicolas Lopez once again. It seems he’s taken the newcomers on top as a personal challenge to improve himself and he’s driven enough to topple them; I dare say his in-ring work here was on par with that of Pablo Rodriguez in last month’s title match main event. There’s a reason Lopez was surrounded by so much hype ever since his debut.

Y1PUQdw.jpgqAWdEdd.jpg

Given the show’s opening, the main even was set to be a trios match. The rudo side was known ahead of time, Ataque De Noche plus their new master El Demonio. Rodriguez would reunite with Cruz Carmesi as Guerreros De Dios, the real question was who would be their mystery partner. For now, I had them make their entrance as a parejas team, extending the excitement to keep fans guessing.

Grade: C

uRcyBAp.jpg

When the music of Gilgamesh started playing, the crowd went nuts. The noble avenger would be in the main event and this was going to be a real test for the reformed Fuerzas De Mal, it seemed.

Grade: C

BQcuOBV.jpg5IaCzC3.jpgoFxacJG.jpg25UZG0h.pnguRcyBAp.jpgY1PUQdw.jpgqAWdEdd.jpg

Fuerzas De Mal vs Gilgamesh and Guerreros de Dios

I made sure we had enough time left to spare for the main event so we could slowly introduce the two new team captains and build to the big finish. This also allowed Gilgamesh to pace himself and deliver his big power moves without getting caught up in the fast aerial pace of the other luchadores. Still, a lucky moment was enough to have him caught in Eternal Agony, El Demonio’s devastating finisher submission move. Of course, I’d made sure he looked strong up to that point and had showcased a lot of fighting spirit, puroresu-style, both to keep his character from looking weak and because he wasn’t that excited about losing clean to an upcoming youngster just yet, but El Demonio had to win here to justify him taking the helm of Fuerzas De Mal, he had to feel like a big deal from day one. Wasn’t gonna sacrifice the new champion for that, not right after he won the title and delivering another stellar performance, neither did I want to make Cruz Carmesi feel like he’s stuck playing second fiddle to him and taking the falls in his place.

• Like 6

Following for the bumps! Given the intro I was very surprised to see no household duties on your goals list.

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Oh no my lizard boys LIZARD BOYS STAY STRONG GET IT TOGETHER GUYS

(also hai here for this i really like the young lion concept it is HECKIN' COOL)

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Here to loot yer libre?  Which ... is what happens when you combine D&D with wrestling... or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I really like the addition of El Demonio and the takedown of Gilgamesh was epic.

Also, when I saw that El Demonio had been added to the roster:

Image result for paladin intensifies gif

Paladin Intensifies.

• Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Following for the bumps! Given the intro I was very surprised to see no household duties on your goals list.

I know, right? It crossed my mind but I just couldn't hammer it into a proper goal.

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh no my lizard boys LIZARD BOYS STAY STRONG GET IT TOGETHER GUYS

(also hai here for this i really like the young lion concept it is HECKIN' COOL)

OHAI THAR!

59 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Here to loot yer libre?  Which ... is what happens when you combine D&D with wrestling... or something.

Starpuck humor is like trying to fall asleep; it works best when you're not trying it :P

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Paladin Intensifies.

I expected nothing less. You are a true Guerrero de Dios.

2 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Never heard of young lions before - that's pretty interesting and I can see how it would resonate with you right now!

Man-Darin really amuses me, I don't know if it's the name or the mask or both but every time you post something with him I crack up.

Hey Raxie! Good to have you around! Never knew you were reading those, seems like Man-Darin has his fair share of fans round these parts...

• Like 4

Love the new additions to the roster!

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

When the music of Gilgamesh

Isn't Gilgamesh the name of the bad guy on Smurfs? Every time I see reference o his music I always hear the Smurf theme song in my head

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

37 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Love the new additions to the roster!

Isn't Gilgamesh the name of the bad guy on Smurfs? Every time I see reference o his music I always hear the Smurf theme song in my head

That's Gargamel. Gilgamesh is from an Eponymous Epic from Mesopotamia. It was referenced in the Star Trek TNG Episode "Darmok."

Epic of Gilgamesh

• Like 5

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's Gargamel. Gilgamesh is from an Eponymous Epic from Mesopotamia. It was referenced in the Star Trek TNG Episode "Darmok."

Epic of Gilgamesh

haha, that makes a lot more sense :D 

• Like 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Monday, 21 May

Nutrition

Morning weigh-in: 85,8kg

Calories: 1876 (goal) - 2125 (actual consumption) + 0 (exercise) = 249 above threshold but still within BMR. Had a case of overfluidy stomach that had me eating a lot of soup and pasta to calm it down, meaning I had taken in too many calories by dinner time without feeling that satiated.

Carbs: 242/206gr, Protein: 128/114gr, Fat: 63/61gr

Water: 1,25L (5/8 glasses)

Workouts

Zero progress here, but making this a goal and putting up my challenge surely accounts for something, right?

Lucha Libre

Since @Sloth the Enduring loves the wrestling lore, I figured I might drop some more of that regarding lucha libre and a few important differences from the mainstream U.S. pro wrestling most people are familiar with. Should add some nice context too for anyone reading my lucha narrative.

• Unlike wrestling elsewhere, most lucha libre matches feature teams of two (parejas), three (trios) or four (atomicos). It is out of these matches that personal rivalries emerge, usually building to a singles match of luchas de apuestas (loosely translated, a "fight with wagers") where a title or someone's hair/mask/career is on the line.
  • Family and heritage matter. This is evident in the passing of famous masks to younger wrestlers who become the new incarnation of a popular character, in the use of "Hijo de ..." or "... Jr" and the tendency of wrestlers of the same family teaming together (a widely known real world example being Los Guerreros)
  • Once a wrestler is out of the ring, they have until the referee's count of 20 to get back in the ring or lose via countout. This allows more time than the "american" 10 count for ringside brawls or moves utilizing weapons and/or the environment.
  • The use of moves directly impacting a wrestler's spine, such as a piledriver, are traditionally banned and lead to a disqualification. Some newer Mexican promotions have made them legal however.
  • A unique rule to lucha libre, once a competitor's feet touch the ground outside the ring, their teammate can enter the ring without the need of a tag. This keeps matches fast paced and tackles the issue of making tags in a style where dives to the outside are pretty frequent. Speaking of which...
  • Rings used in lucha libre generally lack the spring supports added to U.S. and Japanese rings; as a result, lucha libre does not emphasize the "flat back" bumping style of other professional wrestling styles. For this same reason, aerial maneuvers are almost always performed to opponents outside the ring, allowing the luchador to break his fall with an acrobatic tumble.
  • Despite being bad guys, rudos are still expected to respect the traditions of lucha libre. Their villainy is thus expressed in two main ways, by using brawling tactics to slow down the pace of exciting high flying tecnicos (which in turn leads to boos from disappointed fans) and by being extremely focused on doing what's best for themselves in any situation, no matter what.
  • Though loosely enforced, weight classes do exist in lucha libre. This has also led to the emergence of minis. These midget wrestlers are portrayed as serious, actual competitors as opposed to the comedic use they see in promotions elsewhere and they often use the mask and gimmick of regular wrestlers, along with a "miniaturized" version of the name (i.e. Octagoncito being the mini version of Octagon)
  • Last but not least, exoticos have been a thing in lucha libre since the 1950s. These are male wrestlers fighting/performing in drag. Their movement vocabulary is campy, often silly, and seldom dignified but none of it comes from a homophobic place and they are tecnicos as often as they are rudos. The whole idea is ‘contesting the dramatic representation of machismo’ and successfully 'unmanning' their opponents in the ring through mind games while also ‘rejecting the outward signs of manhood’. Though Exoticos may not necessarily be gay, they often are, and their sexual ambiguity is undeniable. Attired with feather boas, headdresses, sequins or stockings, they defy a conservative religious Latin culture that is ardently macho and for that they are awesome.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Dark Raider's wrestling log

Date: Saturday, Week 2 of July 1998

Show: RWA Intento Hostil

Attendance: 2.000 (sold out)

Ratings: 0.11 (89.920 viewers) on Canal Tres

Show Grade: C-

Comments: South is the hardest part of the country for us and I went into this show with not so high expectations. Given our long absence from the area (we’ve been on TV here, but not done a live show for a long while) I thought it would be worse, but things worked out fine and we won a lot of new fans throughout the country.

Y1PUQdw.jpgqAWdEdd.jpg3zMgsNw.jpgy79zGAd.jpgBQcuOBV.jpg5IaCzC3.jpg

Intento Hostil opened with a segment fitting of its name as Guerreros de Dios came out to request another trios match against Fuerzas De Mal. Fray Valiente then joined them in the ring to say that as much as he’d like to make it happen, that’s not how it works; there are rules. Enter the rulebreakers themselves as the reigning trios champions interrupted to not only accept the challenge, but also say they’d be putting the titles on the line if I was the third member of the challenging team. Strong start to the show, a good hype for the main event and somewhere between the lines of our main storyline, I get the chance to further my personal rivalry with Dark Magik. Not bad at all.

VwIafNl.jpg1enzblv.jpg skLYnTt.jpg25UZG0h.pngs35efT0.jpgk7IEEem.jpg

Doble Dragón (with “Serpiente” Silvano Tapia) vs El Gato & K.T.H.

Our opening match was reptiles versus felines in a short but sweet bout packed with action to get the crowd going. El Gato set the tone with some flashy moves as he balanced on the top rope to launch his flippy offense, but the draconians used quick tags to take turns on him and isolate him on their corner. Even Silvano took a few cheap shots to rile up the crowd, before Gato utilized his agility to escape and make the tag. Kid Tiger Heart entered the ring fresh and fired up as he flew onto the opposition, before his enthusiasm made him careless. Again the dragons kept him on a corner, using the ropes to launch themselves on the beloved underdog and even score the first pinfall, until he too made a comeback to create enough space for a tag. El Gato stormed the ring and immediately went for his finisher, but then a dastardly Serpiente swept his legs to throw him off balance and crashing to the mat for the second pin, giving Doble Dragón the victory.

Grade: D-

7ELzDzU.jpgJFngbOK.jpg0BehyLL.jpgxxTjtVs.jpg

Out come the RWA parejas champions for another open challenge after a solid promo, before Flex & Pecs interrupted them for a posedown on their way to the ring. Fans loved the idea of a match between the two teams, so I extended this to build as much excitement possible, since Flex & Pecs aren’t as good on the mic though, they skipped formalities to simply attack their opponents upon entering the ring, thus kicking off the match immediately.

Grade: C+

Z3C4whJ.jpgZ3C4whJ.jpg

7ELzDzU.jpgJFngbOK.jpg25UZG0h.png0BehyLL.jpgxxTjtVs.jpg

Axxis of Justice vs Flex & Pecs for the RWA Campeonato de Parejas

As good as they are, Flex & Pecs are nowhere near the champions’ level in terms of in-ring skill, so instead of exposing them with a straight up match, I had them constantly putting the brakes with strikes and rest holds, plus plenty of posing and taunting thrown in for good measure. This irritated fans who were repeatedly denied of a spectacular match, but it made for some good storytelling and character showcasing. Inevitably though, Axxis of Justice walked away with the win and that alone was enough to end the match on a high note, with fans cheering at having been spared a potential Flex & Pecs title run of endless boasting and pose striking.

Z3C4whJ.jpgZ3C4whJ.jpgZ3C4whJ.jpg

y79zGAd.jpgBQcuOBV.jpg5IaCzC3.jpg25UZG0h.pngY1PUQdw.jpgqAWdEdd.jpgQI5EGQC.jpg

Fuerzas De Mal vs Guerreros de Dios & Dark Raider for the RWA Campeonato de Trios

I am not going to do a play by play of this match as there were so many things going on at any given time, even though we tried to build it up slowly to a big finish. Clearly, my obsession with beating Dark Magic threatened to get the best of me and compromise the tecnico team, something Fuerzas De Mal took advantage of whenever they could while avoiding Pablo Rodriguez and Cruz Carmesi. This played into the finish and I was the one who ended up getting pinned by my nemesis Dark Magik.

oFxacJG.jpg

Of course, Fuerzas De Mal did need some help from their new leader, El Demonio. Not booked to wrestle that night, Demonio still made his presence felt by attacking Pablo Rodriguez and eliminating him from the finish of the match while Ataque De Noche were busy keeping Cruz Carmesi down. Unlikely, but Fuerzas De Mal once again found a way to walk away from this match with the titles still on them.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Fuerzas De Mal vs Guerreros de Dios & Dark Raider for the RWA Campeonato de Trios

I am not going to do a play by play of this match as there were so many things going on at any given time, even though we tried to build it up slowly to a big finish. Clearly, my obsession with beating Dark Magic threatened to get the best of me and compromise the tecnico team, something Fuerzas De Mal took advantage of whenever they could while avoiding Pablo Rodriguez and Cruz Carmesi. This played into the finish and I was the one who ended up getting pinned by my nemesis Dark Magik.

oFxacJG.jpg

Of course, Fuerzas De Mal did need some help from their new leader, El Demonio. Not booked to wrestle that night, Demonio still made his presence felt by attacking Pablo Rodriguez and eliminating him from the finish of the match while Ataque De Noche were busy keeping Cruz Carmesi down. Unlikely, but Fuerzas De Mal once again found a way to walk away from this match with the titles still on them.

Would it be possible to take up a collection fund to purchase glasses and hearing aids for the ref?

• Haha 3

Oh wow that lore was amazing, I had no idea there was so much behind it, so it's not just a horn-blowing chaos tornado, I LOVE IT.  Also I want to be an exotico when I grow up I think.

Ok my lizards are playing nice together ok boys KEEP IT TOGETHER REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

11 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:
  • A unique rule to lucha libre, once a competitor's feet touch the ground outside the ring, their teammate can enter the ring without the need of a tag. This keeps matches fast paced and tackles the issue of making tags in a style where dives to the outside are pretty frequent. Speaking of which...
  • Rings used in lucha libre generally lack the spring supports added to U.S. and Japanese rings; as a result, lucha libre does not emphasize the "flat back" bumping style of other professional wrestling styles. For this same reason, aerial maneuvers are almost always performed to opponents outside the ring, allowing the luchador to break his fall with an acrobatic tumble.

I second all the cool wrestling lore as well. I like the idea behind Young Lion, as you need to learn your place whilst also working and maintaining your beast like skills. 

13 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Attired with feather boas, headdresses, sequins or stockings, they defy a conservative religious Latin culture that is ardently macho and for that they are awesome.

I thought this was pretty swanky ;) 

23 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This played into the finish and I was the one who ended up getting pinned by my nemesis Dark Magik.

NOOOOOOOOO! 

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

41 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Our opening match was reptiles versus felines in a short but sweet bout packed with action to get the crowd going. El Gato set the tone with some flashy moves as he balanced on the top rope to launch his flippy offense, but the draconians used quick tags to take turns on him and isolate him on their corner. Even Silvano took a few cheap shots to rile up the crowd, before Gato utilized his agility to escape and make the tag. Kid Tiger Heart entered the ring fresh and fired up as he flew onto the opposition, before his enthusiasm made him careless. Again the dragons kept him on a corner, using the ropes to launch themselves on the beloved underdog and even score the first pinfall, until he too made a comeback to create enough space for a tag. El Gato stormed the ring and immediately went for his finisher, but then a dastardly Serpiente swept his legs to throw him off balance and crashing to the mat for the second pin, giving Doble Dragón the victory.

It's the play by play details like this that make help us, the readers, to get a sense of the dastardly deeds the rudos are up to, which helps to get emotionally on board with hating them :)

43 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

having been spared a potential Flex & Pecs title run of endless boasting and pose striking.

What, they missed out on what would have been the best part of he show!

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Epic of Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh is also this guy from the Fate Stay series!

gilgamesh.gif

• Like 1

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

If you ever visit here I have to take you to the Mexican Flea Market. They have a stall that sells Lucha Libre gear. 

And also deep-fried cheetos, but that's an optional thing.

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Would it be possible to take up a collection fund to purchase glasses and hearing aids for the ref?

His senses get clouded by the supernatural darkness of eeeeeevil....

O_O

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Also I want to be an exotico when I grow up I think.

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

I thought this was pretty swanky ;) 

Shake yer tailfeathers!

ad19def2-02fc-11e4-9d3c-bc764e059db1_png

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

I second all the cool wrestling lore as well. I like the idea behind Young Lion, as you need to learn your place whilst also working and maintaining your beast like skills. 

It's a Japan thing. If they could distill loyalty, discipline and obedience, I'm sure they'd use it as currency.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

It's the play by play details like this that make help us, the readers, to get a sense of the dastardly deeds the rudos are up to, which helps to get emotionally on board with hating them :)

That and the content of the promos. I try to keep a good balance, since writing out detailed shows like I did with NGW is too exhausting these days.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

What, they missed out on what would have been the best part of he show!

Truth^

20 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

If you ever visit here I have to take you to the Mexican Flea Market. They have a stall that sells Lucha Libre gear. 

I used to have my own mask from back in a day when I dressed up as a luchador for the carnival. Couldn't get a real one though, so I had to improvise: got a black executioner mask and painted themes on it using warhammer miniature paints. Sadly, the only photo from that night seems to have been lost during some external hard drive crash. That, or it's still up in MySpace or something O_o

ALRIGHT

I got a notification that Axxis Jr came up with a new catchphrase that will boost his mic skills so I'm putting it out for you lovely people to brainstorm. Winner gets to make a booking decision. Competition, GO!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

ALRIGHT

I got a notification that Axxis Jr came up with a new catchphrase that will boost his mic skills so I'm putting it out for you lovely people to brainstorm. Winner gets to make a booking decision. Competition, GO!

Axxis is bringin the axes...  TO YOU!!

or

and Justice for all!

Level 2 Ninja