Lady of the Bog is Mistborn

Lady of the Bog is Mistborn

After finishing my first quest last cycle, I’m here at the Rangers for my first guild quest to eat all the metals and generally continue the momentum I built last go round. I’m reading the Mistborn series right now (about 500 pages into book two, so I’m not entirely up on the mysteries of the Final Empire).

Basic premise to the Mistborn universe: Certain individuals possess the ability to burn different metals by ingesting them. Specific metals endow the “allomancer” with specific qualities. A person who possesses the ability to burn all metals is a mistborn

An (aspiring!) Hero Enters the Tavern…

Hello! I’m a bibliophile, mama, nurse, aspiring yogini, weightlifting (boooootttyyyy goals), harpist, sweat enthusiast (try to do it every day! Working out, walking, sauna, hanky panky, etc).

I’m very excited to be going ranger this second quest.

Thank you for having me.

Mistborn...

Big Time Goal: Achieve my fitness goals while maintaining balance and *sometimes* grace

Burn Iron/ Pewter

Keep at the weightlifting schedule following Strong by Bret (contreras) program (currently on undulating periodization program for glute hypertrophy for next 4 weeks)

lift 3x week w/ optional 4th day

hit 200 lbs for 3x10 hip thrust; increase on 155 lbs 3x3 squat; increase on 75 lbs bench press

Do monthly measurements

Burn Steel

Run/HIIT x2/week

Lady of the Bog’s Courtly Duties/ Burn Brass

Write a letter every evening. I am very behind on my thank yous and correspondences.

5/7 days a week: weekly reward (to be determined)

Progress w/ my husband and my D&D campaign. He’s my dungeon master and it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

Make an effort on ye olde appearance. Post evidence. So, I feel good when I make somewhat of an effort some of the time. I get wrapped up in taking care of everyone else I forget about it on the regular and end up feeling like a troll-creature rather than a lady. Examples: paint my toenails from time to time, self massage, scrub the body, face mask, wear cute outfit, etc.

Burn Durlamin

Berserker mode: do something every week that scares me

Now's into the mist!

• Like 9

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Welcome! Love the Mistborn theme. Do you have some ideas for your berserker mode?

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Woohoo welcome to the Rangers! So glad to have you aboard.  I've had that series on my to-read list forever and I haven't gotten around to it yet but I didn't even realize that was how the magic system worked in it and that's SUPER cool! Maybe I'll bump it ahead a few ticks in my priority list.

Bret Contreras is awesome! Definitely the right program to go after for booty goals :D 

Love the berkserker mode idea!

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I've had that series on my to-read list forever and I haven't gotten around to it yet but I didn't even realize that was how the magic system worked in it and that's SUPER cool! Maybe I'll bump it ahead a few ticks in my priority list.

Definitely recommend bumping. The magic system is SICK and the books are amazeballs ;) 

WOOT WOOT! Mistborn series was sooooo good. Love the challenge theme, Lady! And welcome to the Rangers where metal eating is not only swanky but encouraged on a regular basis :D 

Image result for mistborn

P.S. I want a Mistborn cloak real bad, lol.

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

We have very similar goals again! Yay for great booties and not looking like troll ladies! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Welcome to the Ranger Corps! I'll be following.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi, found you :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/21/2018 at 11:17 AM, deftona said:

We have very similar goals again! Yay for great booties and not looking like troll ladies! 

huzzah! team booty trolls.... errrr... wait?

tenor(2).gif

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hi, found you :) 

i'm glad! Celebrate!

On 5/21/2018 at 11:51 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome to the Ranger Corps! I'll be following.

Why, thank you on two accounts!

On 5/21/2018 at 10:45 AM, Wolfpool said:

Definitely recommend bumping. The magic system is SICK and the books are amazeballs ;) 

WOOT WOOT! Mistborn series was sooooo good. Love the challenge theme, Lady! And welcome to the Rangers where metal eating is not only swanky but encouraged on a regular basis :D 

Image result for mistborn

P.S. I want a Mistborn cloak real bad, lol.

Wolf

eeeiiii,  love that art. yes, second the bump. it took me forever actually to get into the first one (put it down for six months till vacation kindle drought forced my hand) but now i'm hooked. yes, mistborn cloak, please. yes, i love the magic system. i like that it is sensible but also mysterious.

On 5/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Thank you for clarifying on the metal eating part.  Welcome to the Ranger Corps!

thank you! yes, not an alchemist just a fan of mistborn.... though it would be much better if i was an alchemist, wouldn't it?

On 5/21/2018 at 9:39 AM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome! Love the Mistborn theme. Do you have some ideas for your berserker mode?

ugh, yeah,i was just thinking last night what did i get myself into here? i think i need to make a list but also be spontaneous. first one this week was talking to my uncle about some of the stuff from his memoir i read. i'll write more on that probably but it was hard and scary.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, Raxie said:

Woohoo welcome to the Rangers! So glad to have you aboard.  I've had that series on my to-read list forever and I haven't gotten around to it yet but I didn't even realize that was how the magic system worked in it and that's SUPER cool! Maybe I'll bump it ahead a few ticks in my priority list.

Bret Contreras is awesome! Definitely the right program to go after for booty goals :D 

Love the berkserker mode idea!

thank you for such a warm welcome! yes, bump to the top and be patient if it is not immediately gripping. it took me awhile to get into the "oh my gosh i cannot race through this fast enough" phase. yes, i love bret contreras! he has done wonders for my rear parts.

• Like 4

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Week 0 Update

So, coming off what was a stellar (first) challenge to what appears to be a bout with a mild case of food poisoning? My daughter seems to have something stomach going on too and I suspect the *delicious* at the time but now stomach turning quesadilla we got from our beloved healthy-child-friendly-every table has a dinosaur- restaurant. Going to brave the gym tomorrow after missing on Monday due to stomach grumbles and rumbles (this is TMI but it feels like tremos (a la the 1990 classic) in my belllyyy).

*  I continue to vacillate on tracking meals but will take measurements tomorrow AM. My husband is anti-measurements as he finds it unhealthy and thinks I'll go overboard with it as I am wont to do. I think focusing on my lifts more and consciously reviewing goals w/ the help of this community will hopefully keep me from the pit of self loathing I can get into about my body.

* Going to make a  new character for new campaign! Thinking a druid- a divergence from my usual ranger/bard RPG rut.

* I have been writing my thank yous and correspondences! Everybody likes getting something in the mail. I like reading Audrey Hepburn biographies and I remember in the classic, What Would Audrey Do?,  it is mentioned that Audrey following a night out would write letters to those she met that evening. What a classy thing to do! Writing letters make me feel like a lady even when I act like a pirate.

* Despite my stomach churning like the South China Sea, I made an effort today! I put on lip color and it felt nice! Evidence!!IMG_1360.thumb.JPG.2ea3bce538f2ca549aa752a367685f4e.JPG

In the morrow I'll update with my lifts.

Man, I've been reading John Donne poems and I think it's been seeping into my language :D

What the hell, he's a damn fine poem for you fine folks. A dude once recited this from memory to me. What charm! Highly recommend to those out there courting.  Maybe I'll share a poem each post on here... though I might be the only poetry nerd out there?

The Good-Morrow

By John Donne

I wonder, by my troth, what thou and I

Did, till we loved? Were we not weaned till then?

But sucked on country pleasures, childishly?

Or snorted we in the Seven Sleepers’ den?

’Twas so; but this, all pleasures fancies be.

If ever any beauty I did see,

Which I desired, and got, ’twas but a dream of thee.

And now good-morrow to our waking souls,

Which watch not one another out of fear;

For love, all love of other sights controls,

And makes one little room an everywhere.

Let sea-discoverers to new worlds have gone,

Let maps to other, worlds on worlds have shown,

Let us possess one world, each hath one, and is one.

My face in thine eye, thine in mine appears,

And true plain hearts do in the faces rest;

Where can we find two better hemispheres,

Without sharp north, without declining west?

Whatever dies, was not mixed equally;

If our two loves be one, or, thou and I

Love so alike, that none do slacken, none can die.

xxoo

• Like 7

I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, ladyofthebog said:

what appears to be a bout with a mild case of food poisoning?

Ugh, food poisoning sucks :( 

1 hour ago, ladyofthebog said:

my stomach churning like the South China Sea

Glad it isn't something more serious, like the North Atlantic :P  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

I remember in the classic, What Would Audrey Do?,  it is mentioned that Audrey following a night out would write letters to those she met that evening. 

I read this through and immediately thought they would probably be apology letters which are decidedly less classy but that's just what my post-night out letters would look like and it's not news to me I am not an Audrey Hepburn-esque figure. I love this though, everyone does like getting post! 

I hope your stomach feels better. 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

16 hours ago, deftona said:

I read this through and immediately thought they would probably be apology letters which are decidedly less classy but that's just what my post-night out letters would look like and it's not news to me I am not an Audrey Hepburn-esque figure. I love this though, everyone does like getting post! 

I hope your stomach feels better. 

ooh, yes, social remorse. i know this feeling well. belly  is back to tip top shape! thank you!

• Like 1

Week 0, Lift Day A

Prior to each exercise which utilized a different major muscle, i'd do the move at lighter weight for 15 reps to get the blood flooding into the muscle along w/ usual warm up

• Band Hip Thrust 5 x 5 (185 lbs w/ three second pause at top; up in weight 10 lbs this week)
  • Bent over row 3 x 10 @ 60 lbs (using dumbbells; up in weight 10 pounds this week)
    •  supersetted w/ lateral raise 3x10 w 12.5 lbs
  • Deficit Curtsy Lunge 3 x 10 (used an aerobic step to get the extra depth @ 40 lbs, 10 reps per leg)
  • Sitting row 3 x 10 @ 60 lbs
  • dumbbell romanian deadlifts 3 x 10 (37.5 lbs each hand; up in weight 5 pounds this week)
    • supersetted w/ band work
  • Hip Abduction 3 x 10 (125 lbs- sitting at the edge of the seat to get more outer glute activation; up in weight 15 lbs)

I did my measurements! A little bummed that I've added on inches to my waist post baby but such is life. I've always had small hips and therefore less waist definition even when I've been super lean so my goal is less to whittle waist and more to build shoulders and bottom in terms of aesthetics.  Also, build my biceps because I have tiny little arms!

40 1/4 in shoulders
38 in bust
32 in chest
27 in waist
37 in hips
20 in thighs

10 in bicep

5'8

Any case, I'm feeling good in my body so that's enough for now.

xxoo

• Like 3

18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ugh, food poisoning sucks :( 

Glad it isn't something more serious, like the North Atlantic :P  

definitely weak sauce food poisoning not like category 6 food poisoning but twas' disappointment none the less. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Spider Climb + Wild Shape = Orbital Drop Shock Bear.  Gets 'em every time.

important info a+.

On 21-5-2018 at 6:26 PM, ladyofthebog said:

Hello! I’m a bibliophile, mama, nurse, aspiring yogini, weightlifting (boooootttyyyy goals), harpist, sweat enthusiast (try to do it every day! Working out, walking, sauna, hanky panky, etc).

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor well hello there gif

hit 200 lbs for 3x10 hip thrust; increase on 155 lbs 3x3 squat; increase on 75 lbs bench press

Do monthly measurements

Sweet numbers lady!!!

Make an effort on ye olde appearance. Post evidence.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor snoop nodding gif

On 23-5-2018 at 5:33 AM, ladyofthebog said:

(this is TMI but it feels like tremos (a la the 1990 classic) in my belllyyy).

That was a great movie! I have to re watch that! It reminded me a lot of the sandworms of Dune. But seeing it was a 1990 movie i'm now thinking i might have mixed them up, did the Sandworms looked like the Tremors? Hmm...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dune sandworm gif

8 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

Bent over row 3 x 10 @ 60 lbs (using dumbbells; up in weight 10 pounds this week

That's quite the progress! Swanky!

8 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

Any case, I'm feeling good in my body so that's enough for now.

This combined with the way you laid out your plan of coming challenge this can only get better. You'll be fine! (Tell your husband to stop worrying!)

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor well hello there gif

Sweet numbers lady!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor snoop nodding gif

That was a great movie! I have to re watch that! It reminded me a lot of the sandworms of Dune. But seeing it was a 1990 movie i'm now thinking i might have mixed them up, did the Sandworms looked like the Tremors? Hmm...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dune sandworm gif

That's quite the progress! Swanky!

This combined with the way you laid out your plan of coming challenge this can only get better. You'll be fine! (Tell your husband to stop worrying!)

1) ooh gif game strong. definitely need to level mine up.

2) lol, it'd be great if tremors was inspired by dune. dune was written back in the day! do you ever feel like a junkie when it comes to books? the high is never as good as the first read through. i feel like tremors is deep in my memory, sometimes i like to jump around the house pretending that if i touch the wood floors the tremors will come attack! yes, i've never grown up!

i think i fell asleep during the lynch production which is too bad because i generally love lynch and kyle maclachlin... speaking of which, I never got into the new twin peaks series! darn it! i better get up on that.

3) my husband worries about me over much, it's true! he just wants me to strut around preening tail feathers feel all hot and purty.  i get it. i do like my quest structure, thank you! i'm loving the format of quests on here. definitely, so far (1 and some change quests deep), keeps me accountable and maybe more importantly introspective and tuned into my life.

4) thank you for following along. i love your enthusiasm!

34 minutes ago, Terra said:

Welcome to the Rangers!  Great goals and that photo of you is quite lovely!  

Now I'm off to search out this Mistborn series, I have lots of plane rides coming up and need something good to read...  

thank you! yes, investigate! it's fun!

On 5/22/2018 at 11:54 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

*Casts Summon @Strickland5*

*appears*

What's up?

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns