Lady of the Bog is Mistborn

11 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

That was a great movie! I have to re watch that! It reminded me a lot of the sandworms of Dune. But seeing it was a 1990 movie i'm now thinking i might have mixed them up, did the Sandworms looked like the Tremors? Hmm...

FWIW

sandword-size-chart-20110405-105629.jpg\

Also in tremors I think they had faces, the dune sandworms are just kinda... hot messy tubes?

2 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

do you ever feel like a junkie when it comes to books

Also SO MUCH YES to this.  Sometimes I feel like I'm literally eating a book alive!

Hope your tummy is feeling better :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Strickland5 said:

*appears*

What's up?

Hello!

giphy.gif

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Greetings!

giphy.gif

I see you want to be make a druid ... have you been introduced to the might of wild shape? 

Cause being a T-Rex in combat is fun! 

tumblr_ol7vzmIK8q1qjztgpo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

FWIW

sandword-size-chart-20110405-105629.jpg\

Also in tremors I think they had faces, the dune sandworms are just kinda... hot messy tubes?

Also SO MUCH YES to this.  Sometimes I feel like I'm literally eating a book alive!

Hope your tummy is feeling better :)

YES!! Man, I had no idea tremors were called graboids. HILARIOUS. let me know if you start mistborn! i am super curious to know how you like it.

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Run today. Spent run trying to wrangle dog while pushing stroller.  the park where I usually pick up poop bags was out and my dog pooed at the local elementary without ability to haul said poo away. The shame was real, folks.

My friend is coming over who is starting to get into fitness. I think we may do a workout video together!

Diet wise, I need to focus on both eating more and getting nutritional dense foods. I have a habit of foraging and by the end the day i've eaten too little. Also, I acquired a sweet tooth during pregnancy and it's stuck! Any and all advice on pulling this here sugar tooth is welcome. Is my love of halo ice cream just feeding my sugar cravings? l-glutamine, does it work?

I'll be posting a recipe on here soon! Pewter Muffins

xxoo

26 minutes ago, Strickland5 said:

Greetings!

giphy.gif

I see you want to be make a druid ... have you been introduced to the might of wild shape? 

Cause being a T-Rex in combat is fun! 

tumblr_ol7vzmIK8q1qjztgpo1_400.gif

Too bad not possible in real life because I wish to be a sea otter. 

1 hour ago, ladyofthebog said:

Diet wise, I need to focus on both eating more and getting nutritional dense foods. I have a habit of foraging and by the end the day i've eaten too little. Also, I acquired a sweet tooth during pregnancy and it's stuck! Any and all advice on pulling this here sugar tooth is welcome. Is my love of halo ice cream just feeding my sugar cravings? l-glutamine, does it work?

Freezer jars are your friends!  Soup is your friend!  Embrace the freezer of homemade soup...

And I budget in some dark chocolate every day, nothing wrong with that.  

I find 99% of those amino acid supplements are severely over-hyped, or are studied under such bizzarre circumstances that they are rarely applicable to the average person.  

• Like 1

Found and following! I did a booty focused macro cycle last winter, it was awesome! I'm a fan. 

On 5/22/2018 at 11:33 PM, ladyofthebog said:

Man, I've been reading John Donne poems and I think it's been seeping into my language :D

What the hell, he's a damn fine poem for you fine folks. A dude once recited this from memory to me. What charm! Highly recommend to those out there courting.  

SO charming :D Mr Red and I sometimes read poetry to each other at bedtime! I'm working my way through Hammer Is The Prayer (Christian Wiman), and Common Place (Sarah Pinder), which is pretty interesting because it's sort of a linear prose narrative/poem. Good stuff!

21 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

do you ever feel like a junkie when it comes to books?

nah...

RIMumQc.png

15 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

Diet wise, I need to focus on both eating more and getting nutritional dense foods. I have a habit of foraging and by the end the day i've eaten too little.

I have this habit too. I'm rarely hungry in the morning and that seems to be an issue for me. Everyone's different, but if I have a nice breakfast (something I enjoy and is substantial enough to call a real meal), it sets my eating pattern for the day - more satisfying real food meals. I try to do it despite not being hungry because I can't be trusted to make good decisions in the morning :lol:

15 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

Also, I acquired a sweet tooth during pregnancy and it's stuck! Any and all advice on pulling this here sugar tooth is welcome. Is my love of halo ice cream just feeding my sugar cravings? l-glutamine, does it work?

I go back and forth on this. Typically I satisfy my sweet tooth with wine... and I typically drink too much wine :P And then my bod feels crappy!! So lately I've been allowing myself a glass with dinner, on the condition that I have a nice meal that I enjoy and pay attention to. If I still want sweet stuff after, I have my vitamin D3 gummies which I'm supposed to have with a meal anyway! I try not to say no to deserts and keep squares of nice chocolate in the freezer... but I do find that I'm less interested when I've had real, nutritious and satisfying meals throughout the day. (Also one of my favorite snacks is plain greek yogurt with apple slices and a little honey. MANA FROM HEAVEN I TELLS YA!) But yeah, I find that the less often I have sweets the less I want them and truly enjoy them when I do, and the more routine they are, the more I over indulge without really enjoying!

• Like 4

<3 Had to pop by to see what rewards you had in mind. I see you don't have that figured out yet... but I LOVE your berserk mode yes yes yes. I think its important to do stuff that scares us. Unfortunately it seems like a lot scares me lol Looking forward to seeing your progress! <3 

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Week 0: Flying Lessons

I'm updating a tad early because I suspect this weekend may be a little busy. Life is about to get a lot  busier as at the beginning of June. We are starting to build our small home on my in-law's land! l'll  be putting house stuff in spoilers as to not bore people (pics to come!)?

Spoiler

I'm not sure if my enthusiasm about not paying rent and living in our home debt free (no mortgage!) is obscuring the fact that we are building it ourselves. My father is law is a master builder/carpenter who worked on the Tiny Home show on HGTV, I believe (never watched it), so we aren't flying entirely blind. I've always wanted to build something with my own hands and know, if there were to be some kind of global catastrophic event, that I could create my own shelter. Hopefully this will help with that... First order of business is digging a trench for the water lines...

Quest time... but first:

Mistborn...

Big Time Goal: Achieve my fitness goals while maintaining balance and *sometimes* grace

Felt balanced this week and I feel good consistently pounding out the workouts. My energy levels are good. I feel strong and flexible.

Burn Iron/ Pewter

Only lifted x2/week due to the welcoming of don quesadilla and his angry friends into my tummy.

Burn Steel

Ran/Did HIIT x2 week (check). Run felt good. Did a cardio video at home.

Lady of the Bog’s Courtly Duties/ Burn Brass

I wrote my letters and I think  I may reward myself with this dress for a family photo session we are having out at our beach house with the photographer who did our wedding. I absolutely love her work and I am so very excited! I realize this is kind of a hefty reward for one week of letters but I've been meaning to pick up something for it anyways? Anybody have an opinion about white or patterned?

New campaign a go with my husband.

I did make more of an effort on taking care of myself this week. Didn't document all that much evidence of it, though. Taking care and preening oneself are more of a state of mind, I think.

IMG_1502.PNG.16240de6f62d259dfce00d37e4c9199f.PNGIMG_1503.PNG.b247bb2c00998b69c2aef7d9402cca14.PNGIMG_1507.PNG.585696e2a4d001adea4a749c677fd8ac.PNGA

Burn Durlamin

Berserker mode: do something every week that scares me

I've been avoiding reading my uncle's memoir because it brings up a lot of pain that I've avoided for years. I read part of it, still waiting for final manuscipt, and called him to talk about it. Twas' scary and important. It had me thinking about how in my family growing up we avoided talking about the hard stuff. We avoided pain. Most of all, we avoided our dark sides. I mentioned this in my last quest or maybe it was my battle log but I think I've struggled for a long time wanting to be a shiny happy person at the expense of denying my dark parts. I want to embrace the complexity of my shadow self and accept her. I want to be brave enough to reveal the hurt, the ego, the fear. Have the confidence in myself that in acknowledging them, I won't let them take over.

Over and out!

Now's into the mist!

• Like 3

errghhh, formating is off because i copied/pasted originally from google docs? don't have the patience to fix right now! thank you all for following along despite awkward formatting.

Workout from this AM:

Workout A (accidentally got B and A mixed up this week!)

(technically deload week)

Barbell Hip Thrust 3 x 10 @ 155 lbs (these were rough)

Push Press 5 x 8 @ 45 lbs (disapponted w/ my strength here. I used to liftmore and with less effort)

Heels Elevated Goblet Squat 3 x 10 @ 32.5 lbs

• superseted w/ 12 lbs bent lateral raises 3x10

Lat pull down 3x 10 60 lbs

Bodyweight 45-degree Hyperextension 3 x 30

Banded GLUTE BURN OUT

Knee-Banded Fire Hydrant 1 min (30 seconds each leg)

glute bridge w/ abduction at top 1 min

single leg glute bridge 1 min (30 seconds each leg)

don't know how to describe- standing with leg kick back at angle 1 min

clams 1 min (30 seconds each leg)

frog pumps 1 min + until failure (these are the best burn despite being so embarrassing)

22 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Freezer jars are your friends!  Soup is your friend!  Embrace the freezer of homemade soup...

And I budget in some dark chocolate every day, nothing wrong with that.  

I find 99% of those amino acid supplements are severely over-hyped, or are studied under such bizzarre circumstances that they are rarely applicable to the average person.  

oooh yes! i do love dark chocolate and do find that is satisfies the sweet tooth. what's working best so far is just not having sweet things in the home...

and, yeah, i agree on the amino acid supplements but am hopeful :(

also! yes! i need to do freezer jars! something so i hvae food readily available when i am rushing about. just put two and two together to figure out you are a chef. you must have the skills!

8 hours ago, RedStone said:

Found and following! I did a booty focused macro cycle last winter, it was awesome! I'm a fan. 

SO charming :D Mr Red and I sometimes read poetry to each other at bedtime! I'm working my way through Hammer Is The Prayer (Christian Wiman), and Common Place (Sarah Pinder), which is pretty interesting because it's sort of a linear prose narrative/poem. Good stuff!

nah...

RIMumQc.png

I have this habit too. I'm rarely hungry in the morning and that seems to be an issue for me. Everyone's different, but if I have a nice breakfast (something I enjoy and is substantial enough to call a real meal), it sets my eating pattern for the day - more satisfying real food meals. I try to do it despite not being hungry because I can't be trusted to make good decisions in the morning :lol:

I go back and forth on this. Typically I satisfy my sweet tooth with wine... and I typically drink too much wine :P And then my bod feels crappy!! So lately I've been allowing myself a glass with dinner, on the condition that I have a nice meal that I enjoy and pay attention to. If I still want sweet stuff after, I have my vitamin D3 gummies which I'm supposed to have with a meal anyway! I try not to say no to deserts and keep squares of nice chocolate in the freezer... but I do find that I'm less interested when I've had real, nutritious and satisfying meals throughout the day. (Also one of my favorite snacks is plain greek yogurt with apple slices and a little honey. MANA FROM HEAVEN I TELLS YA!) But yeah, I find that the less often I have sweets the less I want them and truly enjoy them when I do, and the more routine they are, the more I over indulge without really enjoying!

so much help in one post. hmm... going to look up these poets! it's true, i suspect the sugar cravings are related to general nutrient cravings ironically. the more my belly is filled w/ nutrient dense foot*, the less it wants to be filled with fluff.

i'm so not a wine person! maybe a white but reds do me wrong. my body machine doesn't feel well with it. w/ the exception of the weekends, i am mostly a stay at home mom and i was convinced that i would start drinking more wine as culture told me. has not stuck.

* food!!! though my i do find my foot in my mouth fairly regularly

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

<3 Had to pop by to see what rewards you had in mind. I see you don't have that figured out yet... but I LOVE your berserk mode yes yes yes. I think its important to do stuff that scares us. Unfortunately it seems like a lot scares me lol Looking forward to seeing your progress! <3 

yes! let's scare ourselves! spooky ladies! i do need to come up with my rewards but i plan on doing it weekly for letter writing! probably something at the end if i keep up on my workout goals, too. i'm thinking probably a dress!

• Like 1

End of Week 0: Reflections and Butt Progress

This weekend was a wild dash but still I found myself looking inward a lot. I think it's the nature of my work and that I spend so much time on the road.   

Two big life changes: my sister is on the edge of full fledged labor- she started contracting early this morning w/ a bloody show but they've held off for a bit now. My prediction is the next two days. She birthing at home. She's a doula herself though it's her first baby. I can't wait to hold, rock and sniff that baby!

We've started construction on the small home! A spiral staircase up to a loft and second bedroom (the bedroom juts out over a workshop, and the loft is above out daughter's bedroom). I've been searching craigslist for skylights but wondering that we may sink the money in a few that open so that we can climb out on the roof and get a fresh breeze.

IMG_0138.JPG.93ddc88a8958d2a6913d64df1b184105.JPG

Sweat

I did the pilates workout from the 21 Day Fix today and will be lifting tomorrow AM before going over to my parent's BBQ. In terms of fitness, I've been thinking a lot of my overarching goals. Have you found that when you feel super fit and athletic there is a simultaneous lightness and heaviness to your body? It's hard to describe but I find that I feel light on my feet but also grounded. I suppose it's best to have concrete goals but I also want to keep in mind this more ethereal body sense when I approach my fitness goals

. To get there, I DO NEED TO GET MY DIET IN CONTROL. I actually eat pretty okay but I think I'd push myself over into athletic rather than just fit if I focused on really getting good, whole nutrition. I gotta break this sweet tooth habit I've got going on and, like @RedStone so wisely put it, I think my sugar cravings are related to nutritional deficiencies. I remember a time when I thought donuts were gross when my diet was really locked in. Want to get back there! How to do?:

1. meal prep for me as well as my family
  2. remember to eat throughout the day
  3. make more overnight oats
  4. meal plan
  5. don't have sweets around the house

Soul/Spirit

I've had a lot of thoughts recently but the most striking is a simple truth: we've only this one life and it's up to us to live how we want to be living and who we would like to be. I spend way too much time questioning my desires or believing that I can't be who I want to be but, really, the only person subverting my desires and my dreams is myself by my own self-limiting ideas. It's definitely cheesy but I spend a lot of time around death and it causes me to really think about what I'm doing here. AND TIME. We only have so much time!

Second deep thought of the weekend: we have only two things we can control: our preparation and our reaction. Release control and accept that this world is a complicated net of reactions and relations. Though our self-realization and self-conception (ie our story! you can be the hero of your story!) our ultimate outward success and failures have less to do with us and everything to do with the great unknown. karma, God, whatever you want to call it.

I'm always being reminded of the phrase, "But by the grace of God go I." The ties that bind us are so strong yet we hardly pay them notice. The threads that hold together our lives and, really, even our identity are so tenuous and yet we take them so seriously- we  judge others and puff ourselves up or put ourselves down. And it's all an illusion! The fortune of ones' life depends on so many chances and happenstances. Even our personalities, our memories are delicate, inconstant things. I could just as much be myself here, in my comfortable home with a full fridge of food, financial security, and health as I could be an addict on the side of the road, a prostitute, a refugee, a successful lawyer, Elon Musk (lol). I wonder often how I am this person, Sophie, and not another. By the grace of God go I or by the web of karma or chance or whatever you want to call it. The fundamental idea is: I could so easily be someone else. Therefore, my weaknesses and triumphs are just as much my own as they are others. Believing this, judgment dissolves and service becomes paramount.

Sigh: I need to get out there and make more friends. We moved back to Portland and I've not made an effort to connect with old friends. I can be such a homebody. I need to step out of myself and call people up!

** I finished The Well of Ascension (second book in the Mistborn series) and. get. out. My mind is blown. The last 50 pages were WILD.

In other news: butt progress

IMG_1531.thumb.JPG.99edf092b0dd913f0aac151abc2675ba.JPG

• Like 5

Nice zero week reflections and great plans to conquer the sugar monster. Congrats on being an almost auntie. Your kids will be super close in age. it's fun to have cousins that are close in age

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

don't have sweets around the house

I would add: and have (semi) healthy alternatives in the vicinity. I find that if i crave something and we have nothing sweet of my liking, i tend to eat a piece of fruit or eat a boiled egg or nuke one. Maybe not the best alternative, but definitely not the worst!

3 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

I need to step out of myself and call people up!

This can be such a drag, seems like i always have something more important to do (like Netflix or sleeping or playing a computergame)

Regarding the Butt progress!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor yes gif

But keep us posted cause i we need to monitor closely 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wink gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... a little odd in the head ...

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

I would add: and have (semi) healthy alternatives in the vicinity. I find that if i crave something and we have nothing sweet of my liking, i tend to eat a piece of fruit or eat a boiled egg or nuke one. Maybe not the best alternative, but definitely not the worst!

This works for me as well.  We keep snacks around the house (Oreos!) for Ghostlet's after school snacks, but I keep a bunch of raisins and cashews nearby so when I am tempted to grab a cookie I have a healthier alternative.  It usually works :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

*pulls in couch and takes a seat to watch challenge goodness*

Rewards no matter how big or small are always a great driving force, especially when determined early so the drive is fed by the results and the satisfaction of the reward you have been waiting for.  Look forward to seeing your continued success.

• Like 1

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge