Jump to content

Lady of the Bog is Mistborn


Recommended Posts

On 5/27/2018 at 10:51 PM, Mr_Willes said:

 

I would add: and have (semi) healthy alternatives in the vicinity. I find that if i crave something and we have nothing sweet of my liking, i tend to eat a piece of fruit or eat a boiled egg or nuke one. Maybe not the best alternative, but definitely not the worst!

 

 

This can be such a drag, seems like i always have something more important to do (like Netflix or sleeping or playing a computergame)

 

 

 

Regarding the Butt progress!

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor yes gif

 

But keep us posted cause i we need to monitor closely 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wink gif

oooh, hard boiled egg is a good idea. i bet it works well because of protein magic. i really think when i get all carb/sweet crazed it's because i'm not filled up w/ good food. my brain goes into "must find quick source of glucose!" and then i want all the sweet treatsssss.

also, lol on gifs. strong gif game, strong.

 

 

On 5/28/2018 at 1:00 AM, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Feel free to pump me for info on food prepping stuff.

I'm excited for you, new house is great!  keep it up :)

thank you! learning and growing when it comes to building. for some reason i'm really excited to put in floors? who knows.

i shall! do you have any food prep ideas for this here vegetarian. i do meal prep for meat for the family but then slip for myself!

 

12 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

*pulls in couch and takes a seat to watch challenge goodness*

 

Rewards no matter how big or small are always a great driving force, especially when determined early so the drive is fed by the results and the satisfaction of the reward you have been waiting for.  Look forward to seeing your continued success.

why thank you, @mitch_dee. i'm going to go cruise on to see what you have going on, too. yes, all the treasures. if only they'd show up at my house in a little pots and chests to be smashed and opened a la legend of zelda. is there a company in that? i wonder, we could make gift boxes in pots.... pots with little heart bath bombs!!!

 

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That's something @Heidi could have posted.

 i will research this @Heidi for increased wisdom puntos. thank you again, liaison @DarK_RaideR

 

On 5/27/2018 at 11:53 PM, WhiteGhost said:

This works for me as well.  We keep snacks around the house (Oreos!) for Ghostlet's after school snacks, but I keep a bunch of raisins and cashews nearby so when I am tempted to grab a cookie I have a healthier alternative.  It usually works :) 

 

okay, you have much higher wisdom score than i do to resist oreo's mind control spell. i haven't eaten an oreo in years only because i never have them around me. seriously, i remember being a kid and eating an entire row of those delicious cookies with the creamy goodness in between...

 

On 5/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, Elastigirl said:

Nice zero week reflections and great plans to conquer the sugar monster. Congrats on being an almost auntie. Your kids will be super close in age. it's fun to have cousins that are close in age

 

why, thank you! i cannot wait to see the little cubs playing together! still waiting on sister's baby but my best friend just delivered her third early this morning (a little bit early but healthy baby!). it's raining babies and i could not be happier!!

  • Like 5

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
On 5/28/2018 at 1:21 AM, Salinger said:

Hey :) great goals, you look boss!! x

thank you! many hip thrusts!!

  • Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
11 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

seriously, i remember being a kid and eating an entire row of those delicious cookies with the creamy goodness in between...

 

Oh yeah, I think we've all been there. Although that hasn't happened to me since..

 

[checks calendar]

 

...last month :(

 

The raisins & cashew policy was subsequently instututed as a stopgap measure :D

 

 

  • Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

 i will research this @Heidi 

Greetings, @ladyofthebog.

What you are looking for is looking for you.

I like what little I've read so far -- looking forward to catching up in your thread alter, maybe this weekend.

 

Breathe.

And do what you can with what you have.

 

Love and peace,

Heidi

  • Like 2

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Link to post

I have 3 tips and a potential challenge for when your home is complete and settled (HA!  like that ever happens #homeownerproblems)

 

1- Lay down Marital Law (not a typo).  If you're kind enough to cook for your family, they should be grateful enough to eat it.  Malacath knows I would be if anyone bothered making me a meal.

 

2- Tag-team your meals so that they are similar enough that you don't have to do too much extra work (if making meat sauce for pasta for example, steal a portion for yourself before adding in the meat.  You can share the same pasta.)   Works best with casserole-style dishes.

 

3- Make full vegetarian meals that you can enjoy but bake or fry some chicken thighs or pork chops or whatever that you could serve more as a side dish for them.  

 

Challenge: Cook like a cook.

The secret to a professional cook's effortless mastery of the culinary arts isn't raw talent, badassery, or mastery of the word "fuck", it's our organization.  I mainly do banquet style cooking, so this is double important for me.  I do as much of the cooking and prepping the day before as I possibly can.   If I am making, say, a German menu featuring breaded pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, spatzele, roasted potato and braised cabbage on Wednesday, this is what I would be doing Tuesday:  Cutting, pounding and brineing the pork for schnitzel, making sure I have the eggs and breadcrumbs set aside for breading and my fryer isn't running empty/dirty.  Seasoning and searing the beef for sauerbraten as well as making the braising liquid so I can get that in the oven as soon as I clock in the next day.  The dough for spatzele will be made, or at the very least the ingredients will be measured and ready to rock.  And my cabbage will be shredded and any and all seasonings will be measured. Potatoes are peeled, cut and steamed so they roast in 10 minutes the next day.  This way on Wednesday, all I have to do is assemble/finish the dishes as needed, no stress that I missed something or forgot something.  Then on wednesday after service I will prep for Thursday, and so on and so forth.

The same approach can be taken at home if you have a menu plan.  It takes a while to get into the habit but it does make life easier.  Instead of rushing to get dinner made last minute every night you just finish putting it together and prep away at the next day's food.

  • Like 7
Link to post
19 minutes ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

The secret to a professional cook's effortless mastery of the culinary arts isn't raw talent, badassery, or mastery of the word "fuck", it's our organization.  I mainly do banquet style cooking, so this is double important for me.  I do as much of the cooking and prepping the day before as I possibly can.   If I am making, say, a German menu featuring breaded pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, spatzele, roasted potato and braised cabbage on Wednesday, this is what I would be doing Tuesday:  Cutting, pounding and brineing the pork for schnitzel, making sure I have the eggs and breadcrumbs set aside for breading and my fryer isn't running empty/dirty.  Seasoning and searing the beef for sauerbraten as well as making the braising liquid so I can get that in the oven as soon as I clock in the next day.  The dough for spatzele will be made, or at the very least the ingredients will be measured and ready to rock.  And my cabbage will be shredded and any and all seasonings will be measured. Potatoes are peeled, cut and steamed so they roast in 10 minutes the next day.  This way on Wednesday, all I have to do is assemble/finish the dishes as needed, no stress that I missed something or forgot something.  Then on wednesday after service I will prep for Thursday, and so on and so forth.

I had no idea you were a pro, nor that you make GERMAN FOOD! I may or may not have had a religious experience reading the above.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I had no idea you were a pro, nor that you make GERMAN FOOD! I may or may not have had a religious experience reading the above.

I can make anything, except for a living! 

c60ab5642788a9e7f602ab34335b13e1.gif
I studied at the Culinary Institute of Canada, finished in 2009 and have been working at an international hotel in Eastern Canada since.  We cook a wide variety of menus and cuisines.  I have been to Germany a few times and I love travelling there.  



EDIT:

While I am not able to make meal plans or create recipes on demand, I am happy to help if I'm able.  Please don't let the green skin, pointy ears and flesh-rippy teeth discourage you from asking a cooking related question.  We're all in this together.

  • Like 6
Link to post
8 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

The secret to a professional cook's effortless mastery of the culinary arts isn't raw talent, badassery, or mastery of the word "fuck", it's our organization.

Huh.  I was pretty sure it was that third one.

 

8 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

While I am not able to make meal plans or create recipes on demand, I am happy to help if I'm able.  Please don't let the green skin, pointy ears and flesh-rippy teeth discourage you from asking a cooking related question.  We're all in this together.

Oh, I totally have a question for you.  However, instead of bogging down this thread, I will just ask on my own thread and tag you.

  • Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post

 

13 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

why, thank you! i cannot wait to see the little cubs playing together! still waiting on sister's baby but my best friend just delivered her third early this morning (a little bit early but healthy baby!). it's raining babies and i could not be happier!!

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor raining babies gif

 

Isn't it the wrong period for babies to fall? I thought they started falling around autumn...

 

13 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

thank you! many hip thrusts!!

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i bet ya gif

Disclaimer: Since i'm new on your thread i'm gonna explain a little, i have this condition, it's called CIGPD, (Compulsive Inappropriate GIF Posting Disorder). Which could make you a bit uncomfortable with the GIF's i post. Don't worry, most people feel that way!

 

Spoiler

And if it bothers you just tell me ;) 

 

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh yeah, I think we've all been there.

 

Total amount of Oreo cookies i have ever eaten: 1

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you freak gif

 

 

So it's not that i never tasted one, but i actually had (exactly) one and don't think i'll ever eat another.

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor what gif

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kill it with fire gif

 

9 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

The secret to a professional cook's effortless mastery of the culinary arts isn't raw talent, badassery, or mastery of the word "fuck", it's our organization.  I mainly do banquet style cooking, so this is double important for me.  I do as much of the cooking and prepping the day before as I possibly can.   If I am making, say, a German menu featuring breaded pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, spatzele, roasted potato and braised cabbage on Wednesday, this is what I would be doing Tuesday:  Cutting, pounding and brineing the pork for schnitzel, making sure I have the eggs and breadcrumbs set aside for breading and my fryer isn't running empty/dirty.  Seasoning and searing the beef for sauerbraten as well as making the braising liquid so I can get that in the oven as soon as I clock in the next day.  The dough for spatzele will be made, or at the very least the ingredients will be measured and ready to rock.  And my cabbage will be shredded and any and all seasonings will be measured. Potatoes are peeled, cut and steamed so they roast in 10 minutes the next day.  This way on Wednesday, all I have to do is assemble/finish the dishes as needed, no stress that I missed something or forgot something.  Then on wednesday after service I will prep for Thursday, and so on and so forth.

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jaw dropping gif

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor praise gif

  • Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

So it's not that i never tasted one, but i actually had (exactly) one and don't think i'll ever eat another.

You probably had one of those European kind.  You can ask @deftona about the difference between the European imitations vs the American Real Deal.;) I recall discussing this with her a few challenges back  

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
19 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

You probably had one of those European kind.  You can ask @deftona about the difference between the European imitations vs the American Real Deal.;) I recall discussing this with her a few challenges back  

 

Yup. The cream filling in the American ones are much smoother and less grainy than the European version. I think it's probably because of a banned food substance but don't worry, once Brexit happens and we're eating chlorine washed chicken (yum!) I'll be able to buy them here and I'll hook you up, @Mr_Willes

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Link to post
20 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

You probably had one of those European kind.  You can ask @deftona about the difference between the European imitations vs the American Real Deal.;) I recall discussing this with her a few challenges back  

 

Well whatever it was, it didn't float my boat. So i'm not in any hurry to try another one. The only sweet things i eat is when my wife has been busy in the kitchen...

 

Spoiler

FCUSGNYl.jpg KYHP5PCl.jpg6pRurugl.jpgMuRxGAVl.jpg

 

  • Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

The only sweet things i eat is when my wife has been busy in the kitchen...

WOW!!!  Those look amazing!

 

So, uh, yeah.  I guess Oreos ARE kind of overrated :D 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
23 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh yeah, I think we've all been there. Although that hasn't happened to me since..

 

[checks calendar]

 

...last month :(

 

The raisins & cashew policy was subsequently instututed as a stopgap measure :D

 

 

they have some twisted magic for sure. it's funny, i used to hate raisins and now i think they are delicious. same goes for mushrooms. getting older is great.well, so far.

 

17 hours ago, Terra said:

I got the first the Mistoborn book and figured out that I had another book by the same author in my "to read" que!  

i'm reading the third now and SO GOOD. probably my favorite so far. each book embodies a different type of fantasy novel (caper, epic, high fantasy, for example). brian sanderson is a thoughtful writer. i believe he works at byu and there are lectures on fantasy craft on youtube. i'm inspired to watch!

 

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor raining babies gif

 

Isn't it the wrong period for babies to fall? I thought they started falling around autumn...

 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i bet ya gif

Disclaimer: Since i'm new on your thread i'm gonna explain a little, i have this condition, it's called CIGPD, (Compulsive Inappropriate GIF Posting Disorder). Which could make you a bit uncomfortable with the GIF's i post. Don't worry, most people feel that way!

 

  Hide contents

And if it bothers you just tell me ;) 

 

 

Total amount of Oreo cookies i have ever eaten: 1

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you freak gif

 

 

So it's not that i never tasted one, but i actually had (exactly) one and don't think i'll ever eat another

 

 

1) i used to work in women's services and pediatrics. there are baby seasons! we nurses would count back nine months to figure out trends. storms=babies. 2) not at all. you are gif master. 3) see below

 

9 hours ago, deftona said:

 

Yup. The cream filling in the American ones are much smoother and less grainy than the European version. I think it's probably because of a banned food substance but don't worry, once Brexit happens and we're eating chlorine washed chicken (yum!) I'll be able to buy them here and I'll hook you up, @Mr_Willes

it makes senses that oreo's devilish witchcraft would be something crafted up in some laboratory somewhere. we americans do love our chemicals.

 

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

 

Well whatever it was, it didn't float my boat. So i'm not in any hurry to try another one. The only sweet things i eat is when my wife has been busy in the kitchen...

 

  Hide contents

FCUSGNYl.jpg KYHP5PCl.jpg6pRurugl.jpgMuRxGAVl.jpg

 

k. so this inspiration is not helping the sugar cravings! but seriously, yeah, no amount of chemical sorcery (ie oreos) can compete w/ this display of angelic bakery.

  • Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
19 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

I have 3 tips and a potential challenge for when your home is complete and settled (HA!  like that ever happens #homeownerproblems)

 

1- Lay down Marital Law (not a typo).  If you're kind enough to cook for your family, they should be grateful enough to eat it.  Malacath knows I would be if anyone bothered making me a meal.

 

2- Tag-team your meals so that they are similar enough that you don't have to do too much extra work (if making meat sauce for pasta for example, steal a portion for yourself before adding in the meat.  You can share the same pasta.)   Works best with casserole-style dishes.

 

3- Make full vegetarian meals that you can enjoy but bake or fry some chicken thighs or pork chops or whatever that you could serve more as a side dish for them.  

 

Challenge: Cook like a cook.

The secret to a professional cook's effortless mastery of the culinary arts isn't raw talent, badassery, or mastery of the word "fuck", it's our organization.  I mainly do banquet style cooking, so this is double important for me.  I do as much of the cooking and prepping the day before as I possibly can.   If I am making, say, a German menu featuring breaded pork schnitzel, sauerbraten, spatzele, roasted potato and braised cabbage on Wednesday, this is what I would be doing Tuesday:  Cutting, pounding and brineing the pork for schnitzel, making sure I have the eggs and breadcrumbs set aside for breading and my fryer isn't running empty/dirty.  Seasoning and searing the beef for sauerbraten as well as making the braising liquid so I can get that in the oven as soon as I clock in the next day.  The dough for spatzele will be made, or at the very least the ingredients will be measured and ready to rock.  And my cabbage will be shredded and any and all seasonings will be measured. Potatoes are peeled, cut and steamed so they roast in 10 minutes the next day.  This way on Wednesday, all I have to do is assemble/finish the dishes as needed, no stress that I missed something or forgot something.  Then on wednesday after service I will prep for Thursday, and so on and so forth.

The same approach can be taken at home if you have a menu plan.  It takes a while to get into the habit but it does make life easier.  Instead of rushing to get dinner made last minute every night you just finish putting it together and prep away at the next day's food.

 

so this is just beautiful. you've almost convinced me to eat meat again. thank you for writing this to me, taking the time and effort and though.

good advice on the casserole bit! and it seems silly that i didn't think about reserving sauces and casseroles. Great idea! also, yeah, i need to get serious about the meal planning. run this place like a ship!

  • Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
59 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

i'm reading the third now and SO GOOD. probably my favorite so far. each book embodies a different type of fantasy novel (caper, epic, high fantasy, for example). brian sanderson is a thoughtful writer. i believe he works at byu and there are lectures on fantasy craft on youtube. i'm inspired to watch!

I double checked last night and I got the first three books in the Mistborn series!  Question for you, would they be appropiate for a 13 year old to read?  You mention the author works at BYU, so that has me thinking...  My girls are voracious readers and they are killing me asking for more books. If they could read this series I will send the books to their kindle readers!!!  

  • Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Winter is Coming

 

Link to post
53 minutes ago, Terra said:

I double checked last night and I got the first three books in the Mistborn series!  Question for you, would they be appropiate for a 13 year old to read?  You mention the author works at BYU, so that has me thinking...  My girls are voracious readers and they are killing me asking for more books. If they could read this series I will send the books to their kindle readers!!!  

Depends on the 13 year old, i think. So, it's free from graphic sex, drug use, etc, but there are vividly described violent scenes and maybe just a tad scary at times. Also, there's mention of rape at a certain points and other mature themes. That said, the chief romance of the novel is altogether wholesome and the violence is more gore thatn disturbing. I googled age for Mistborn series and I thought this was more helpful than my response: https://www.goodreads.com/questions/184529-what-age-is-this-book-appropriate-for-11

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mistborn/comments/5gtfjn/whats_the_appropriate_age_to_read_the_trilogy/

 

  • Like 2

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, ladyofthebog said:

  I've had a lot of thoughts recently but the most striking is a simple truth: we've only this one life and it's up to us to live how we want to be living and who we would like to be. I spend way too much time questioning my desires or believing that I can't be who I want to be but, really, the only person subverting my desires and my dreams is myself by my own self-limiting ideas. It's definitely cheesy but I spend a lot of time around death and it causes me to really think about what I'm doing here. AND TIME. We only have so much time!

 

I've been thinking this A LOT lately as well.  It isn't cheesy I don't think - it's just life! We only have a certain amount of time, and I truly think everyone is really flying by the seat of their pants.  Waiting until you "figure things out" to go for stuff is only doing a disservice to ourselves.

 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, ladyofthebog said:

I can't wait to hold, rock and sniff that baby!

 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to smell babies.  The tops of their heads are the best sniffing spot :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

 

so this is just beautiful. you've almost convinced me to eat meat again. thank you for writing this to me, taking the time and effort and though.

good advice on the casserole bit! and it seems silly that i didn't think about reserving sauces and casseroles. Great idea! also, yeah, i need to get serious about the meal planning. run this place like a ship!

Any time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post

Midweek Update 1

 On schedule with my workouts this week. Lifted Monday and today. I did a workout video on Tuesday. Will be doing yoga at home tonight. A body in motion stays in motion as far as I can tell.  On par to reach my weight lift goals. I did 5x5 @ 195 lbs hip thrust no problem today. I think that hammering the glutes w/ frequency results in both hypertrophy but also manageable strength gains. I did a squat every day program awhile back and had similar strength gains. There must be something about the glutes, quads, hamstrings that can manage such frequency. Well, that and the program I do has a great variety in approaches towards the glutes and low frequency of lunge type movement which typically result in soreness over something like a glute bridge/thrust.

 

 Nutritionally, I'm doing okay. Have been limiting my sugar intake with some success. I haven't changed all that much of my habits except for being mindful and aware. I think my goal for this week will be getting a loose meal schedule for the week- or at least a list of things I could make myself for lunch which typically is my hardest meal to get together for myself.

 

 I'm putting together a post-op care package for my brother in law. He's having surgery next week Wednesday. So far, I have Labyrinth (he's never seen it?!!!), some chocolate covered blueberries (his favorite), an eye mask, and a lavender essential oil spray for his pillow. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

 

Mood? A little up and down this week but finding that I am getting back to being able to take a look at my emotions are thoughts without overly identifying with them (well, at least w/ greater frequency). I think that's part of what makes depression so difficult- you become your thoughts, you are consumed by them. Whereas most people have negative thoughts throughout a normal day, when one is depressed those thoughts grow out of proportion and take up residence inside of you.

 

Feeling well but still, I can't help but think of Sylvia Plath's ever enduring bell jar metaphor for depression, " How did I know that someday—at college, in Europe, somewhere, anywhere—the bell jar, with its stifling distortions, wouldn’t descend again?." I read the Bell Jar in high school. Yes, I was that young girl- reading Sylvia Plath and ever so serious, "I will rise with my red hair and eat men like air" (I loved that, wrote it in all my journals. thought I was soooo naughty). I've moved on with my tastes but, man, do I ever think about that bell jar.

 

 So, I didn't write letters both Monday and Tuesday. Therefore, if I want to treat myself next week (I want some sliding exercise plates!). I need to write every night!

 

 For some beauty, here's my dad and my daughter on Memorial Day. How heavenly!

33781692_843941297808_8359431350855401472_o.thumb.jpg.8c61fcfcb46c3ad20a025138b19d6d31.jpg

 

And then a selfie because good lighting and good hair day and I'm making effort. Even been moisturizing the bod every night!

IMG_1303.thumb.JPG.4d64800d162300aff1542813bb339d7c.JPG

  • Like 8

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post

will update lifts when have a moment. now for yoga.

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to post
12 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

i'm reading the third now and SO GOOD. probably my favorite so far. each book embodies a different type of fantasy novel (caper, epic, high fantasy, for example). brian sanderson is a thoughtful writer.

I had never heard of this series before, but I am intrigued.  I will look into them :) 

  • Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
13 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

you've almost convinced me to eat meat again.

 

You don't eat meat?

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shocked gif

 

Is such a thing even possible?

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shocked gif

 

Have you ever eaten it? Or did you just forgot it tastes fantastic?

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shocked gif

 

I'm feeling a bit sad you have to live without the fantastic taste that is called meat...

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bbq steak gif

 

 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shocked gif

 

Just realized, what do you put on a BBQ???

  • Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines