Lady of the Bog is Mistborn

On 20/06/2018 at 4:20 AM, ladyofthebog said:

i think you should! i think that's why i am so excited about this build- i want to learn more skills to be self-sufficient. my husband likes to joke that he married me because i'm such a good apocalypse wife.

i think I have an apocalypse mom, because she thought me everything I know about house wiring and fixing things. I legit didn't know people didn't have testing screwdrivers just lying around in the house. 

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

4 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

i think I have an apocalypse mom, because she thought me everything I know about house wiring and fixing things. I legit didn't know people didn't have testing screwdrivers just lying around in the house. 

let's all take a moment to appreciate and honor the apocalypse people in our lives- so useful and also forever reigning in their doomsday prepper selves.

i think the whole apocalypse-wife thing came about when watching the walking dead (i cannot quite you, walking dead, though you continue to frustrate and disappoint me all these long years).

• Like 2

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Midweek Update Week 3

I am in love with my workout slides. They provide such a total workout in record time! I've done 2x workouts with them over the past two days and I am hungry for more things to do with them. I feel like my abs have atrophied post-baby and I can feel them burning when slightly tensed now which is fantastic. I know sore doesn't necessary mean = good workout but I've neglected them lately and it's nice to become aware of them again.

I feel like I am less stoked on my weight training lately and I am hitting a bit of a plateau. I suspect this is because I saw such gains over the past few months due to my hiatus from lifting heavy during the last months of pregnancy and the first months post-delivery. I'll keep at it but I am finding that lately I like to have a mix of different kinds of workouts. I think that the mix keeps me happier but, to be honest, hitting my weight lifting hard at the gym renders the most visible results. Still, I think that keeping active in different kinds of ways has the most long term feasibility because I just enjoy it more and at a certain point, I don't really care if my bottom is gigantic, I just want to feel good (very deep thoughts over here this morning :P). The plus side is that my husband is pulling back on lifting ridiculously heavy to a more renaissance approach to his fitness schedule and I look forward to more cross training together particularly during the summer months.

Still thinking intentionally about my diet. It helps. Still trying to be a better planner at meals and such.

I am just so delighted with the vegetable/herb garden! It feels so good to toil and sweat in the dirt giving way to greenlings thriving! I feel blessed by mother earth today too because I transplanted calendula and beans that weren't doing so well after a very hot day yesterday and woke up to a cool, rain washy day!

Thank you all for following along! I'll be better about checking up on other people's threads!

xxoo

• Like 5

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

lol, nevermind on the losing the steam on weightlifting. went to the gym and had a killer session and invigorated once again! i think i just want to fill in more types of activities while maintaining my lifts. goes to show keep going even when feel a loss of motivation/drive. update finale soon! now to see patients

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

lol, nevermind on the losing the steam on weightlifting. went to the gym and had a killer session and invigorated once again! i think i just want to fill in more types of activities while maintaining my lifts. goes to show keep going even when feel a loss of motivation/drive. update finale soon! now to see patients

I spot a RangerBrain in action!

• Like 1

FINALE MISTBORN

I feel like I burned a little too much iron at the beginning of this challenge and skidded into end. But skid I did and end I have! I think that what the challenge gave to me was structure to what was (and continues to be!) a chaotic period of growth and change. I like having a forum to remind myself of my goals, particularly my fitness goals, because it keeps me at it. I love lifting but it gets harder for me when it turns to summer because I want to spend my time outdoors! I'm looking forward to putting together a home gym w/ a squat rack and weights. Please everyone remind me how much I love lifting when I inevitably have those down days.

I went on a hike solo w/ the pooch the other day and it reminded me how much I love to go hiking by myself. I like to go backpacking solo and have done so for about every year for the past decade. I think it's a nice foil to my otherwise other-people-focused life and I like to cook my own food, make my own fire, pee in the woods, take dips in various water sources, look at stars, become anxious about sounds in the night :P. I miss that time spent thinking alone and want to make it a priority to spend time hiking solo every few weeks even if I can't get away this year to do a full backpacking trip.

I'm on the fence whether I will do the next challenge or take a breather. I wasn't able to keep up with other people's challenges this go round which I enjoy due to the increasing pace of life until summer's end. Still, I do like the structure... I may focus more on my daily battle log. HEY! I did start up a water drinking competition for the next month w/ my brother in law so if anyone wants to join me on that, it could be fun! I'm super competitive when it comes to games and sports (only girl, youngest child in a family that loves to play games...).

Without further adieu:

BURN PEWTER/IRON

So so on this goal mostly due to my stomach bug (or whatever it was) and going to the beach house. I did workout through those times, though, and I am giving myself points for flexibility. I'd like to invest in some heavier weights to make working out at home more of a serious endeavor though, man, I LOVE workout slides. Such a wonderful burn those discs of sliding give.

Still need to do my measurements! Don't suppose there is much change but, hey, good to keep track.

BURN STEEL

So I haven't been running like I'd like but instead doing cardio workouts from home. I think what will get me back into running in a way that I feel passionate about is going trail running rather than through my neighborhood as convenient as that may be. I grew up running cross country through the redwoods and I think that the time spent in silence (with the exception of breath and occasional grunts from teammates) in nature is what I miss most. 

COURTLY DUTIES

So, this worked out well for some time but I didn't sustain the letter writing consistently. I think that 5 days/week is wayyy too fast a pace. I'd like to have a letter writing night each week. I'm glad to get into the habit

So, kind of paid more attention to self care over the challenge but also realize that I don't really care all that much to beautify all that often. That said, I'd like to start a pamper night each week and get my daughter into it too. She already LOVES getting massages and I really want her to grow up enjoying being in her body and all the delights the senses can offer!

D&D picking up but I'm sad that I might not be able to take part in the larger campaign beginning every Saturday when my friend leaves Florida finally and gets his bum back in Oregon. I'm hoping my mom or mil can get her to sleep so that we can play through her bedtime otherwise I'll be busy with my the darling little bean. He's such a serious DM, it's a little intimidating (already sent out a pdf of his house rules, lol).

Berserker Mode: BURN DURLAMIN

So, most of my scary things were r/t social stuff and I'd like to do something that really chills me to the bone. I'm thinking of signing up for a warrior-race type thing for the fall. THAT REALLY SCARES ME. I'd also like to sign up for a 5k or 10k but that scares me less and, boy howdy, have I run enough races for a lifetime at this point.

Thank you all for following along. I'm glad to have found this community.

xxoo

36046175_847237721748_5362799047432208384_n.jpg.18a2746e5555f2155c723e5a3ae0875c.jpg

also, I went to the zoo for a concert (indigo girls) and when i was leaving my favorite animals at the zoo (mountain goat and her baby were out! and getting ready for bed!! Basking in goat love glow).

Also: this is funny and 90% captures my playing style (other 10% reckless shiz):

81Oeu0o5ggL._UX522_.jpg

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

I spot a RangerBrain in action!

I suffer from this malady. So many things to do at once! Has anyone else read Bergson? I haven't since my college days but I think he might have been a ranger now that I think of it...

“To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.”
― Henri Bergson

“No two moments are identical in a conscious being”
― Henri Bergson

• Like 5

On 6/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, ladyofthebog said:

I grew up running cross country through the redwoods and I think that the time spent in silence (with the exception of breath and occasional grunts from teammates) in nature is what I miss most. 

That is what it is all about.  I remember running with my little apprentice, when he was REALLY little, in his "jogging" stroller.  Finding a trail that was at least on dirt that the chariot could manage, and being so happy about that compared to my runs on pavement through the neighborhood.  Forest running is medicine for me....

I'm enjoying your introspection through the process.  I hope you get to play in the more serious campaign.  I know that when our kiddo started needing more and more attention at bed time was when Mrs. MG dropped out of our games :( 

Level 21 Wild Elf Ranger/Assassin

Spoiler

I'm not really sure these stats are relevant anymore...

STR: 31 DEX: 26 STA: 30  CON: 24  WIS: 30 CHA: 26

Current Challenge

New Challenge! Wherein I return to Hobbiton and continue to lift weights and hopefully build a dwelling!

• Like 1