Jump to content

ElvenEngineer Starts Again


Recommended Posts

Helloooo everyone.

 

Take Four Hundred and Ninety Four.....

 

I'm ElvenEngineer, and I am really bad about dropping out of challenges *hangs head*

 

But that's all right! Because gamers don't die, they respawn!

See the source image

 

This challenge will end the day after my next powerlifting meet! Which I may drop out of! But I will still test lifts even if I don't compete that day!

 

So in the meantime:

Goal 1: Eat breakfast EVERY DAY

Goal 2: Track SOMETHING in MFP EVERY DAY

Goal 3: Do something creative EVERY DAY

 

See the source image

 

And above all don't drop out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the source image

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

This challenge will end the day after my next powerlifting meet! Which I may drop out of! But I will still test lifts even if I don't compete that day!

 

5 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

And above all don't drop out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*cough*

  • Confused 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment

welcome back!! i can't remember, what's your usual breakfast plan?

  • Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

welcome back!! i can't remember, what's your usual breakfast plan?

Some kind of granola bar or toast - I've been liking the Rx Chocolate Sea Salt bars a lot lately, but I ran out.

 

I just need SOMETHING to jump start my metabolism or I have a bad habit of never getting hungry and thus not eating all day.

And trying to eat >2,000 calories after I get home at 6pm or later is... not great.

  • Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment
1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

 

I'm ElvenEngineer, and I am really bad about dropping out of challenges *hangs head*

 

Nope... none us do that ever... certainly not me :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_

  • Haha 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

We should agree on a guild for all of us who constantly drop out of challenges (but keep coming back!) =D

like Guild of Shame or something like... =D how are you currently training?

 

9 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

 

Nope... none us do that ever... certainly not me :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_

 

5 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

 

me neither! she's totally the only one I know of. 

 

Yeah guys, I'm totally all alone in this shame corner.....

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

 

 

 

Yeah guys, I'm totally all alone in this shame corner.....

 

All alone. No one here as EVER dropped out of a challenge before.

 

Eyes Judging You GIF - Eyes JudgingYou BigEyes GIFs

 

Rejected Gifs

Spoiler

Suspicious Homer - The Simpsons GIF - TheSimpsons HomerSimpson Homer GIFs

Bruja GIF - Bruja GIFs
Funny ANimals Cats GIF - FunnyANimals Cats CrazyEyes GIFs
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I'm maaaaaybe 50% on finishing challenges. Good company there.

 

Welcome back, elvie!!

 

Hey Mike! I thought of you the other week when I did ballroom dancing :) 

Last week I went swing dancing three nights in a row so that was fun #sorrynotsorry

 

Image result for swing dancing gif

 

  • Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment
20 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

So in the meantime:

Goal 1: Eat breakfast EVERY DAY

Goal 2: Track SOMETHING in MFP EVERY DAY

Goal 3: Do something creative EVERY DAY

 

Great goals! I am doing something about doing something creative on the regs myself, because Warriors Need That Crap!

 

19 hours ago, The Shogun said:

We should agree on a guild for all of us who constantly drop out of challenges (but keep coming back!) =D

like Guild of Shame or something like...

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

 

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

 

Hey Mike! I thought of you the other week when I did ballroom dancing :) 

Last week I went swing dancing three nights in a row so that was fun #sorrynotsorry

 

Image result for swing dancing gif

 

Niiiiiice!!! I approve of this choice of evening plans! How was the ballroom dancing? Which style(s) did you do?

 Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Link to comment

Monday

-ate breakfast

-logged in MFP

-..... no creativity

And to reiterate how important the creative thing seems to be for my brain, I slept terribly last night.

 

Today - we will do the creative thing! (I already ate breakfast and logged soo winning!)

 

15 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Niiiiiice!!! I approve of this choice of evening plans! How was the ballroom dancing? Which style(s) did you do?

Pretty much all the ones I know how to do - waltz, foxtrot, salsa (and there was some east coast swing thrown in there that made me go yes! I can do this!!! I led my friend T for all the swing songs and tried some new moves, it was great)

 

Hilariously, it was supposed to be swing dancing four days in a row but I needed a nap after my robotics team competed more than I needed more swing dancing haha. Rest is important.

Especially because I was teaching the swing dancing at the one on Friday... teaching drains me (unlike @MikeW)

  • Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment

The good news is 5 weeks is plenty of time to peak :D

 

Also guilty of dropping out of challenges, but the key is that you try again. 

 

I'm focusing on mine week by week this time because I've been struggling with keeping focus on them. The smaller timeline feels way more realistic and doable with all that's going on!

  • Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Pretty much all the ones I know how to do - waltz, foxtrot, salsa (and there was some east coast swing thrown in there that made me go yes! I can do this!!! I led my friend T for all the swing songs and tried some new moves, it was great)

Niiice, always fun to try out different roles (assuming you follow most of the time, which I don't think you've actually specified).

 

Quote

Hilariously, it was supposed to be swing dancing four days in a row but I needed a nap after my robotics team competed more than I needed more swing dancing haha. Rest is important.

QFT. Rest is always a good call.

 

Quote

Especially because I was teaching the swing dancing at the one on Friday... teaching drains me (unlike @MikeW)

Haha it used to drain me - but now I just revel in how awkward and quirky and fun my kids are and it's a hoot! But teaching a class full of people I've never taught before would certainly be draining - because shy introvert.

 Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Link to comment
3 hours ago, spezzy said:

The good news is 5 weeks is plenty of time to peak :D

 

I'm not really self conscious about it, even though I think I wouldn't do as well as I'd like. It's more of - I'm not excited about it? It doesn't sound fun? And why am I doing something if it doesn't sound fun?

Lifting always sounds fun! I get myself to the gym with - I get to squat/bench/deadlift today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the happiness.

But the thought of a meet just makes me feel like I HAVE to go rather than being excited about it like I was the first time. I don't think I'm in a great headspace to compete right now.

 

I'm way more excited about my hike this weekend :D:D:D then about the meet

 

3 hours ago, MikeW said:

Niiice, always fun to try out different roles (assuming you follow most of the time, which I don't think you've actually specified).

Eh with East Coast it's about 50/50, I like dancing and I don't really care which role I have. So if it's lead heavy, I tend to follow a lot, if it's follow heavy I lead a lot. It balances pretty well :) I just hate sitting. And East Coast is the only thing I can teach so I had to learn both for that.

Every other dance (including other styles of swing) I always follow.

 

If I was sitting a lot in a ballroom or lindy environment I'd probably learn to lead that too (well I can lead a basic lindy swingout which is like half of it so IDK maybe I can lead lindy)

 

3 hours ago, MikeW said:

Haha it used to drain me - but now I just revel in how awkward and quirky and fun my kids are and it's a hoot! But teaching a class full of people I've never taught before would certainly be draining - because shy introvert.

Ah see, I'm always teaching a group of strangers and I'm a hardcore introvert sooo..... that's why I was tired.

  • Like 2

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to comment

giphy.gif

hi

  • Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
On 5/21/2018 at 11:59 AM, elvenengineer said:

I am really bad about dropping out of challenges *hangs head*

 

Hey, welcome back!

 

I have also been pretty absent from the forums lately.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

 

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

 

 

Link to comment
On 5/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, elvenengineer said:

It's more of - I'm not excited about it? It doesn't sound fun? And why am I doing something if it doesn't sound fun?

Lifting always sounds fun! I get myself to the gym with - I get to squat/bench/deadlift today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the happiness.

But the thought of a meet just makes me feel like I HAVE to go rather than being excited about it like I was the first time. I don't think I'm in a great headspace to compete right now.

 

I'm way more excited about my hike this weekend :D:D:D then about the meet

 

 

^It me. Also me heart you. Hi you. Heart you.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/22/2018 at 1:48 PM, elvenengineer said:

I'm not really self conscious about it, even though I think I wouldn't do as well as I'd like. It's more of - I'm not excited about it? It doesn't sound fun? And why am I doing something if it doesn't sound fun?

Lifting always sounds fun! I get myself to the gym with - I get to squat/bench/deadlift today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the happiness.

But the thought of a meet just makes me feel like I HAVE to go rather than being excited about it like I was the first time. I don't think I'm in a great headspace to compete right now.

 

I'm way more excited about my hike this weekend :D:D:D then about the meet

Yaaaaa this sounds like some mental/emotional clarity you're having. Or maybe it'll sound fun when it gets closer, who knows?

 

Quote

Eh with East Coast it's about 50/50, I like dancing and I don't really care which role I have. So if it's lead heavy, I tend to follow a lot, if it's follow heavy I lead a lot. It balances pretty well :) I just hate sitting. And East Coast is the only thing I can teach so I had to learn both for that.

Every other dance (including other styles of swing) I always follow.

Oh gotcha, that's still some awesome flexibility to have for east coast!

 

Quote

If I was sitting a lot in a ballroom or lindy environment I'd probably learn to lead that too (well I can lead a basic lindy swingout which is like half of it so IDK maybe I can lead lindy)

Sounds like you're as good as any beginning lindy lead (or the ballroom dancers who fake lindy - :lol:)

 

Quote

Ah see, I'm always teaching a group of strangers and I'm a hardcore introvert sooo..... that's why I was tired.

Ah yeah, that does not sound like my ideal teaching environment, I much prefer the students I've had for multiple years who are used to my quirks and like me for them.

  • Like 1

 Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines