Maigs Misaligned Challenge Continues

Maigs

Halfway through last challenge I started to pull myself out of the rut I'd been in so I started a challenge with my own damn dates, thankyouverymuch. So on May 9th I started actually tracking what I was doing again and giving myself points for goals. June 10th I'm going on a 2 week vacation and will be mostly MIA for a while.

So here's my goals until then:

WFPB - It's been bugging me that eating a piece of milk chocolate means "fail" for a vegan day so I'm splitting this goal into meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Snacks count as one regardless of how many (or few) I eat. If I eat one piece of milk chocolate or power through an entire pound of it it's the same in regards to points. So far liking splitting up my points by meals. It makes a small amount of dairy in one meal seem like less of a failure

Calories - I will eat between 1700-2000 calories a day. Why is this so easy some days and so hard others?

Biking - The weather is FINALLY nice. To ease into things my goal is to bike to work twice a week. I can earn extra credit for doing it more often Rain and offsite meetings have so far kept me from earning extra credit but I'm getting there

Running - I still want to not hate running. To do this I need to let myself ease into it which I haven't been good about. So for this challenge I run one mile, twice a week. That's it. No plans to run further or faster, just get my ass out and run a mile. I either need to get better at this or I'm gonna be one slow and winded chicka in my OCRs next month

WFPB - 1/2 point per vegan meal, up to 2 points per day

Calories - 2 points per day within range

Biking - 4 points for each of the two goal rides per week, 1 point for each additional ride

Running - 7 points per run, no extra credit because that might encourage me to push things too far

Rewards

I'm so bad with rewards. I'll have to think on this and really try to come up with something appropriate. I still have no appropriate reward ideas....
I can earn about 225 points plus extra credit for biking

Points as of 5/20/18: 54.0

Happenings this Challenge Period:

Apparently it's actually spring now so it's been threatening to storm on me pretty often. Not really complaining because I love rain and storms, but it does make it harder to bike

This weekend we're going back to HomeState for the long weekend.

June 9th is a 10k OCR

June 10th is a 5k OCR followed by a frantic "run home, take a shower, rush to the airport" so we can fly to Portland

June 11th-22nd driving back from Portland hitting all the sights while freaking out about leaving the animals with a pet sitter

June 12th 14th anniversary with Hubs (FOURTEEN FREAKING YEARS! How does that work? I swear I'm only like 22 :P )

June 23rd is 5k OCR for me and a 30ish mile bike ride for Hubs

• Like 9

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

Following until you go MIA, but I expect to hear about all those awesome OCRs :D 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Challenge Day 12 (Monday)

Decent day mentally, but didn't work towards my goals much. I didn't bike to work which ended being a good thing because I realized after I got to work that my 10am meeting was at the other office. Breakfast and lunch were good and I ignored the leftover (and gross) donuts at work. Our contractor finally started working on the house yesterday!! In his defense, most of the delay was either our fault or the hardware store who managed to order the wrong trim TWICE. He started installing the trim, installed my new (larger) medicine cabinet, and got the bathroom vanity set. I was so freaking excited to see it when I got home. Apparently too excited because it didn't occur to me to go for a run or even a walk. And for some reason I ate two plain tortillas. They're gone now (part of my justification for the second one was to finish them off before going out of town....). I had one serving of dinner and ate a half pint of a dairy free Halo Top I had started sometime over the weekend. I'm pretty sure I also had a small handful of walnuts and cranberries too.

We're going to see Deadpool 2 tonight but I already have a plan for what to cook for dinner instead of going out and I will not buy any candy or get the free popcorn for the movie. I will not buy any candy or get the free popcorn for the movie. I will not buy any candy or get the free popcorn for the movie. (maybe if I repeat it enough it will come true)

WFPB - 2 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover peanut stew

Dinner - "chicken" n biscuits

Snacks -  tortillas, Halo Top, walnuts and cranberries

Calories - 0 pts

~2300

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 2

Running Total - 56.0

• Like 1

Look at all those OCR's you have planned. Fun and kind of crazy month! I hear you on the anniversary sneakily adding up. We somehow celebrated our 32nd, even though I am only 29.;)

• Like 2

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Following :)

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Challenge Day 13 (Tuesday)

I had lots of peanut butter so it was a pretty good day :P  I literally had PB in every meal. I may have actually gone over in calories since I had some extra dinner and an unknown amount of PB for my snack, but since I didn't have ANY movie snacks I'm counting it. I didn't ride to work since I'm still getting used to the new hair and it took longer to dry and straighten than I realized. It would have been a close thing anyway since it apparently started pouring about 30 minutes after I got to work. It was back to sunny by the time I went for a walk at lunch though. After work I made my planned dinner and we went and watched DP2, which was pretty good even though it seems like it should be too far into the crude/stupid humor for me. There were a couple of interesting cameo's that we didn't catch until the credits.

I got an ebook from the library about emotional eating since that really is my biggest stumbling block. Don't know if it will help, but I might as well try

WFPB - 2 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Dinner - Udon in Peanut Sauce

Snacks -  pickle, peanut butter

Calories - 2 pts

~2000...maybe?

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 4

Running Total - 60.0

• Like 3

NextRepulsiveBighornsheep-max-1mb.gif

Following my fellow plant-based friend!

• Like 2

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

Challenge Day 14 (Wednesday)

Decent day. I had my normal breakfast and leftovers for lunch. Dinner was a concoction who's recipe started out as "English Sirloin Pasties" but after a bazillion adjustments is now just called "Non-beef yummies" (thanks to Hubs and his great way with words :P ) I think I've shared it before but I'll put the recipe below in spoilers. It was game night so I didn't run and I was at the other office so I didn't bike. But, despite a ton of chocolate showing up at my house for games I ate none of it. I considered having a little bit but I knew it would likely set off a binge so I had none.

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Dinner - Non-beef Yummies

Snacks -  grapes, carrots with hummus

Calories - 2 pts

~1600

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 3.5

Running Total - 63.5

Recipe

Spoiler

English Sirloin Pasties (aka Non-Beef Yummies) 

12oz top sirloin steak (or vegetarian/vegan equivalent, I use 1.5 cups of dry TVP reconstituted) 
3 tbsp butter (or oil)
1 cup potatoes, peeled and chopped 
¾ cup carrot, peeled and chopped 
1 small onion, diced 
1 tbsp parsley 
1 ½ tsp thyme 
1 garlic clove, chopped 
1 cup heavy whipping cream 
salt and pepper to taste 

Coarsely chop meat in food processor. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add potato, carrot, onion, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes. Add meat. Saute until meat browns, about 10 additional minutes. Stir in cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Original recipe had you putting this in pie crusts and baking but 1) it's hard to find pie crusts without lard, 2) pie crusts are super high calorie, and 3) it was Hub's and my least favorite part anyway so we just eat it in a bowl

• Like 3

On 5/21/2018 at 12:05 PM, Maigahane said:

so I started a challenge with my own damn dates, thankyouverymuch.

Loki.gif

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Challenge Day 15 (Thursday)

Another decent day. I had my normal breakfast and leftovers for lunch. I didn't bike to work since I was supposed to have an offsite meeting in the afternoon which ended up being cancelled. We're leaving today to go back to Home State so last night I had to pack and prep the house so I didn't run. I did too good of a job of making sure we didn't have food that could go bad when we left and ended up with nothing to eat for dinner so we went out for Mexican. I got a spinach chimichanga. Not exactly healthy, but I didn't walk out of there uncomfortably full so I'll call that a win :)  Then we stopped and got snacks for the drive. I apparently got way too much trail mix out of the bulk bin because I filled 3 mason jars to the brim.

I was researching food for the road and found out it's really easy to order vegan at Taco Bell, just ask for my two go-to vegetarian burritos (black bean and 7-layer) "fresco style". And apparently White Castle has vegan sliders. I've never actually had White Castle, but now I'm tempted to try. We don't have them here so they'd have to be on a trip

WFPB - 1.0 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover not-beef

Dinner - mexican

Snacks -  PB, pickle

Calories - 1 pts

It's my challenge I can make the damn rules. I get one point because I have no idea how many calories dinner was but it was reasonable considering it was Mexican

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 2.0

Running Total - 65.5

• Like 4

On 5/25/2018 at 8:20 AM, Maigahane said:

I got a spinach chimichanga. Not exactly healthy, but I didn't walk out of there uncomfortably full so I'll call that a win :) 

Congrats!!!  I have a hard time doing this, especially at Mexican restaurants.  

Interesting to learn about vegetarian options at fast food restaurants!!!  Good luck with the trip.

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

I'm back!  Can't wait to support you!!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Portland? Did I read Portland! I live in Portland! which ocr?

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Quick update pt 2:

Still eating like a dumbass, not suffering quite as much today. Dairy may be the culprit. Not exactly sad except I can no longer claim that I have no physical food issues.

I was held down for 2.5 hours by the smallest baby I've ever seen (5 weeks old and 5lbs) falling asleep on my chest. For those who've been around this is the drama baby and parents were still ridiculous. But I also found out my sister is pregnant again so I'll have another nephling born this year (this makes 4). This one is no drama and all happy

• Like 5

On 5/28/2018 at 12:42 AM, Maigahane said:

Still eating like a dumbass, not suffering quite as much today. Dairy may be the culprit. Not exactly sad except I can no longer claim that I have no physical food issues.

Travel is tough. How much control/influence do you have over what you get to eat??

Some sort of Jedi .....

I'm home and back at work today. The trip was good but I ate way too much. It turns out dairy may not have been my issue since a few people ended up getting sick. Seems we had a stomach bug going around. Luckily, except for my brother puking at 4am, it wasn't bad. I get no points for the long weekend since I'm sure I had dairy and/or egg in every meal. Mom (who we stay with) is vegetarian but not even close to vegan.

1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Travel is tough. How much control/influence do you have over what you get to eat??

Not a ton. We have the dog in the car with us so we're limited to fast food while we drive the 10 hours each way. Then we stay with my Mom who is the type who seems to be terrified of people going hungry at her house and always has way too much food. She cook everything herself so it's not processed crap, but lots of cheese and cookies.

On 5/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Here to watch you conquer those OCRs!

Welcome! At this point though I think it's more of "survive" than "conquer" :D 

• Like 2

Challenge Day 21 (Wednesday)

Ugh, back at work. Work was okay but my stomach started acting back up around lunch. Not horrible but not great. Since we just got back I had no food for lunch so I went to a new restaurant by my work and got a veggie sandwich that I'm pretty sure is vegan so I'm counting it. It was actually really good, I wasn't sure what to expect since it had beets (which I've never had before) and squash (which I'm iffy on). By the time I got home I didn't feel like doing or eating anything thanks to the bug so Hubs had burgers, I ate the last of the trail mix and a few of his tater tots. We finished unpacking and I did some laundry. I wanted to go grocery shopping but wasn't feeling up to it so we still have no food in the house. I'm even almost out of oatmeal and peanut butter which would be a tragedy so I need to go out tonight

WFPB - 2.0 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - veggie sandwich & kettle chips

Dinner - trail mix and tater tots

Snacks -  none

Calories - 1 pts

It's my challenge I can make the damn rules. I get one point because I have no idea how many calories I ate but overall I was reasonable

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 3.0

Running Total - 68.5

• Like 2

Challenge Day 22 (Thursday)

Frustrating day at work. I don't know if it was actually frustrating or if I was just being grouchy but I was fantasizing about quitting again. I had to go out for lunch again and got a veggie burger. I also caved and bought a brownie. I did get some items on my personal to-do list done during and after work. I was struggling to even make a shopping list so I just listed the things that were dire (can't.live.without.peanut.butter), ingredients for an easy dinner for tonight, and a salad for lunch today. I'll have to go again this weekend to make it through next week but at least I have some food now. Next week will be interesting again since it's the last week before our road trip so I have to be careful with leftovers. My stomach cooperated yesterday but by the end of grocery shopping I started feeling crappy so I'm apparently not fully healthy yet. I ended up skipping dinner because I just wasn't it. I ate a handful of walnuts and cranberries before bed.

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - veggie burger & kettle chips

Dinner - None

Snacks -  brownie, PB, walnuts and cranberries

Calories - 1 pts

Still making my own damn rules. I get one point because I have no idea how many calories I ate but overall I was reasonable

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 2.5

Running Total - 71.0

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Beets and squash sound like an odd combination, to say the least.

I'm not sure it had beet pieces in it, it might have just been a beet sauce? But yeah, not a combination I would have thought of. It worked though, I'll probably get it again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

I'm not sure it had beet pieces in it, it might have just been a beet sauce? But yeah, not a combination I would have thought of. It worked though, I'll probably get it again

I’d roast beets and butternut squash together. The flavours work together but I also love beets 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24