Maigs Misaligned Challenge Continues

Maigs

On 6/1/2018 at 7:16 AM, Maigahane said:

Challenge Day 22 (Thursday)

Frustrating day at work. I don't know if it was actually frustrating or if I was just being grouchy but I was fantasizing about quitting again. I had to go out for lunch again and got a veggie burger. I also caved and bought a brownie. I did get some items on my personal to-do list done during and after work. I was struggling to even make a shopping list so I just listed the things that were dire (can't.live.without.peanut.butter), ingredients for an easy dinner for tonight, and a salad for lunch today. I'll have to go again this weekend to make it through next week but at least I have some food now. Next week will be interesting again since it's the last week before our road trip so I have to be careful with leftovers. My stomach cooperated yesterday but by the end of grocery shopping I started feeling crappy so I'm apparently not fully healthy yet. I ended up skipping dinner because I just wasn't it. I ate a handful of walnuts and cranberries before bed.

Agreed, sister :P

giphy.gif

I hope your stomach is feeling better!

• Like 1

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

On 6/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, Seraphina said:

Agreed, sister :P

giphy.gif

I hope your stomach is feeling better!

That gif.....kinda disturbs me :P

My stomach did finally get better. Though dairy may still be an issue

Spoiler

I tried a new dairy ice cream last night (I basically got paid $2 to buy it due to Ibotta rewards) and I had the grossest gas ever. There's a second thing of it and we'll see if it happens again

Ugh, catching up again

Challenge Day 23 (Friday)

I rode my bike to work. My car had been making a funny noise that got worse on our trip last weekend so Thursday night I dropped the car off at the shop and walked home (1.5ish miles). Friday morning I biked to the shop to drop off the key, then to work. I had my normal breakfast, a salad for lunch and "chicken" 'n' junk for dinner. I don't remember if I had any snacks or not. I don't think so. If not I stayed within my calorie range. I haven't been tracking. I didn't run. Feels pointless now since it's not going to help for my races this weekend and then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks and won't be able to run

WFPB - 2 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - salad

Dinner - "Chicken" 'n' Junk with hummus

Snacks -  none?

Calories - 2 pts

Pretty sure I was within range

Biking - 4 pts

Yup

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 8

Running Total - 79.0

• Like 3

Challenge Day 24 (Saturday)

Hubs made biscuits and gravy for breakfast and pasta for lunch. I ate a reasonable amount of each. I walked to the shop and picked up my car, then spent the entire afternoon cleaning my house. It doesn't feel like it now, but I did a lot of less visible things like cleaning the oven, toaster over, washing machine, and windows.  At one point I walked to the close grocery store to buy ingredients for Sunday's food and bought myself a Kind bar. I've fallen out of the habit of tracking but I should be within range

WFPB - 1 pts

Breakfast - biscuits and gravy

Lunch - Pasta

Dinner - leftover"Chicken" 'n' Junk with hummus

Snacks -  Kind bar

Calories - 2 pts

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 3

Running Total - 82.0

• Like 3

Challenge Day 24 (Sunday)

SUPER lazy day. Normal breakfast, leftover for lunch, PB & Sweet Potato Curry for dinner. I did finally go grocery shopping and managed a couple of small chores around the house, but basically all day was spent cuddling and watching movies with Hubs

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover"Chicken" 'n' Junk with hummus

Dinner - Peanut butter Sweet Potato Curry

Snacks -  Chilly Cow ice cream

Calories - 2 pts

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 3.5

Running Total - 85.5

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

PB & Sweet Potato Curry for dinner.

Umm I kind of need to know that recipe :D 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Okay, ranting time. I'm feeling a little defeated lately. In a lot of areas.

I'm up 5lbs from where I had been hanging out lately which is almost 10lbs up from my lowest weight a few months ago (where I dropped quickly enough to know it wasn't really sustainable). I'm still in the "normal" BMI range, but 20ish-lbs heavier than I want to be. I want to get back into working out but between this trip coming up and knowing that I haven't stuck with anything yet it feels like there's not much point in trying. I have a 10k and a 5k this weekend and I don't think I've run that far combined all year. And of course my foot is acting up again. Probably my bad for not wearing my compression sleeve at all for about a week.

I'm really caught up on work stuff, but I can't move forward with any of my pet projects because I need other people who are being flakey. And I'm trying to make sure I'm as ahead as I can be this week since I'm out the next two, but I need Boss to approve things and she's been out a lot lately, including this morning. I've been frustrated at work again, not as bad as before but I'm dreaming of going down to part time (either here or somewhere else) again, but we're not where I want to be money-wise to do that.

The extent of our plans for our trip are flights out and the car booked, and a general list of where we want to stop. We need to narrow down some timelines since we're seeing my sister and and aunt on the way and need to let them know when, plus we need to book some lodgings! Like where the hell are we going to sleep that first night since our plane lands at 1am?

We're not struggling with money, but I had hoped be further along with debt payoff by now. But with foreseen but badly planned, and unforeseen costs we've been moving in the wrong direction the last couple of weeks. My car repair was over $1k. The rental car for the trip is a lot more than I expected. I knew we'd have to pay our contractor but it was a nebulous amount at a nebulous time until he started working last week so I didn't prepare for it well (my fault, not his). We'll be just fine, it's just frustrating right now.

I let my to-do list get away from me again, which is not good for my mental well-being. I got a few things caught up this weekend, but need to do quite a bit before this weekend.

I'm not full of anxiety like I was a couple of months ago when I finally went for counseling, just defeated. I'd like to think that once we're back from the trip I can get everything back on track, but not feeling overly hopeful since it's all ongoing stuff

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Here you go! It's amazing but doesn't make a ton. I leave out the cauliflower, add an extra sweet potato, use coconut milk, and tend to forget the last 4 ingredients

Thanks Maigs! I'm so making this next week :) 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

15 hours ago, Maigahane said:

That gif.....kinda disturbs me :P

My stomach did finally get better. Though dairy may still be an issue

Dairy is definitely an issue for me, even with lactaid. My skin erupts in cystic acne and my stomach hates life.

Also, I think you'll be able to get things back on track when you come back from your trip. I hope the trip is restful and enjoyable!

• Like 1

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

22 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Thanks Maigs! I'm so making this next week :) 

You'll have to let me know what you think. I love it and even Hubs who doesn't like sweet potatoes thinks it's okay.

20 hours ago, TGP said:

:sympathicizing

Thanks. I'll get there some day....just have to keep fighting past the frustrating times

8 hours ago, Seraphina said:

Dairy is definitely an issue for me, even with lactaid. My skin erupts in cystic acne and my stomach hates life.

If it's an issue for me it's an intermittent one. I ate most of the same stuff yesterday, including the ice cream and had no side effects. I do think it causes Hub's sinus issues and know it's messing with his stomach, but he refuses to admit that cheese is the cause.

8 hours ago, Seraphina said:

Also, I think you'll be able to get things back on track when you come back from your trip. I hope the trip is restful and enjoyable!

Thanks. Enjoyable, certainly. Restful? Not a chance! We planned out our route and dates last night and even though we cut out Seattle we're still not spending as much time in some places as we'd like. But it will give us an idea of what we'd want to spend more time at later. Like when we have an RV and can spend a year+ traveling around the country :D

• Like 1

Challenge Day 25 (Monday)

Nothing too exciting. Worked and managed to get to where I'm not freaking out about being gone for two weeks with basically no backup. Made a good dent in my personal to-do list too. I'm a little freaked out about getting all the personal stuff done before we leave. We're watching Solo tonight, hosting game night tomorrow, I have a run Saturday morning, Hubs games Saturday night, I have another run Sunday at noon, and we're flying out Sunday night! And I somehow have to get the house set up for the house/pet sitter, write a crazy-pet-mom-instruction note for said house/pet sitter, pack, figure out how to handle mudrun clothes when I don't really have enough time to wash them, book lodging for the trip, and probably 15 other things I'm forgetting. We'll manage and life will be good. I'm just not used to being gone for 2 weeks. We're experts at the 4 day weekend trips back to HomeState.

I did take the Floof out for a walk and mulled over my plan for when I get back. I have some ideas but I'll let them percolate for a bit before sharing.

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - Peanut butter Sweet Potato Curry

Dinner - burritos

Snacks -  Chilly Cow ice cream, walnuts

Calories - 2 pts

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 3.5

Running Total - 89.0

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

You'll have to let me know what you think. I love it and even Hubs who doesn't like sweet potatoes thinks it's okay.

I definitely will! I'll probably keep the cauliflower though because cauliflower works well in curry :D 

• Like 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

22 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I definitely will! I'll probably keep the cauliflower though because cauliflower works well in curry :D 

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Also ground as cauliflower rice. Better than the name would suggest.

I like cauliflower, I just hate prepping it. And I prefer to use fresh veg and didn't want to have to deal with the rest of the head before going on vacation. In general I prefer when recipes use an entire ingredient and will usually modify but there's not enough liquid in this for an entire head of cauliflower.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Maigahane said:

I like cauliflower, I just hate prepping it. And I prefer to use fresh veg and didn't want to have to deal with the rest of the head before going on vacation. In general I prefer when recipes use an entire ingredient and will usually modify but there's not enough liquid in this for an entire head of cauliflower.

Buy a smaller head? ;) although I'm okay with planning my week out to use what veg I'm getting even if that means splitting something between a couple of days. Or doubling a recipe for more leftovers etc

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Just now, jonfirestar said:

Buy a smaller head? ;) although I'm okay with planning my week out to use what veg I'm getting even if that means splitting something between a couple of days. Or doubling a recipe for more leftovers etc

I generally do that too but had to be careful this week because of vacation. Can't have too many leftovers and my other cauliflower recipe makes a ton (and uses a full head...). I actually have to figure out what to do with a half bag of shredded carrots before we go. I meant to just add it to other recipes earlier this week but forgot. It'll probably end up in the Mexican casserole tomorrow which will be odd but will work :D 

• Like 1

Challenge Day 26 (Tuesday)

Boring day at work. Boss was out so I was basically stuck. I had the urge to grab something from the convenience store in the afternoon but knew it was just because I was bored so I talked myself out of it. I didn't ride my bike to work because (on the subject of poor planning with food) I forgot when I planned out food this week that my Mexican quinoa meal needs 3.5 hours in the crockpot so I had to run home in the afternoon to put that on so it would be done in time to eat it before the movie. I took a walk when I got home but left Fluffers this time since it was 90F and the poor guy wouldn't be able to handle it with his permanent parka. Hubs bought some candy for the movie but I refrained. I also turned down the free popcorn at the theater.

WFPB - 2.0 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover burrito filling

Dinner - Mexican quinoa

Snacks -  walnuts

Calories - 2 pts

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 4.0

Running Total - 93.0

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Can't have too many leftovers and my other cauliflower recipe makes a ton

That's what the freezer is for, just sayin :P 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Challenge Day 27 (Wednesday)

Work was boring again*. I ended up claiming a headache and leaving work an hour early. I laid down in bed and all of a sudden it was an hour later, apparently I needed a nap. Food started out really good but then at game night someone brought a chili dip and chips. I didn't eat any of the dip but I had a handful of chips which turned into multiple handfuls and I had too much. Even though the chips were vegan I'm docking myself for snacks because they were not according to my goal. I took a few short walks at lunch so I managed to get in the full 10k steps.

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover Mexican quinoa

Dinner - Udon with peanut sauce

Snacks -  chips

Calories - 0 pts

Pretty sure I was NOT within range

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 1.5

Running Total - 94.5

*Rant

Spoiler

Boss has only been at work for 3 half days in the last two weeks. I know she's having some sort of health issues which sucks but it's making it really hard to get stuff done. She's the only one that can approve and post things we've done so it's just piling up and keeping me from moving on to the next steps. I only have a day and a half before I'm gone for 2 weeks with no backup so I'd like to get absolutely as much done as possible and I can't do anything

It's also hard to feel too sorry for the health issues because I'm guessing 90% of it is self inflicted. She goes out to eat every day for breakfast and lunch and often for dinner. She's very overweight, eats crap, and is so terrified of germs she practically bathes in antibacterial soap and has destroyed her immune system.

I need to figure out something to do at work at times like these because I know being bored and frustrated lead to anxiety and/or binges

• Like 1

mumblegrumblebitchandmoan

I'm grouchy as fuck with absolutely everything at work. Not sure if it's justified or if I'm just in a bad mood. But I'm back to looking into OEPD (Operation Escape Plan Delta).

Anyway, I wanted to eat my frustrations after lunch so I brought my debit card with me on my walk so I could stop by the store across the street if I still wanted it after. I ended up feeling better and decided against snacks. It's a few hours later and I'm back to being grouchier than before. I resorted to putting in both headphones (instead of just one) while listening to angry music to calm down a bit. I'm off in just a few minutes and when I get home I'm going to do the same thing; take myself for a walk with my debit card and if I'm still grouchy I'll stop by the store by my house

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Challenge Day 28 (Thursday)

19 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I'm off in just a few minutes and when I get home I'm going to do the same thing; take myself for a walk with my debit card and if I'm still grouchy I'll stop by the store by my house

It worked! I went for a walk and kept extending it because I was still grouchy but I finally calmed down and was in a decent mood when I got home. Not sure how far I went but I was out for an hour so maybe 3.5 miles. And I didn't stop by the store. Though I did get in too much of a hurry with dinner and took a very hot bite that caused a freaking blister on the roof of my mouth. And then had a second bowl that I definitely didn't need though overall calories might still have been okay.

So despite being grouchy as all hell most of the day I managed to avoid all snacking, though I did have a second serving of dinner. I took a long ass walk and got in over 12k steps for the day. Then we booked lodging for the first half of our trip and we'll probably just wing the second half. My 10k OCR is tomorrow and I'm not even a little bit close to ready for it but I'm not too worried since it's mostly for fun anyway. Contemplating skipping the 5k OCR Sunday since there's no way I can appropriately handle the muddy clothes before having to leave for the airport.

I also need to figure out food until we leave since we're officially down to 1 serving of leftovers (after I eat today's lunch) and no other meals planned.

WFPB - 1.5 pts

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal

Lunch - leftover Mexican quinoa

Dinner - Mexican cassserole x2 (yes, it's been a VERY mexican week)

Snacks -  none

Calories - 1 pts

Might have been in range but I didn't need the second serving so 1 point to Gryfindor

Biking - 0 pts

Nope

Running - 0 pts

Nope

Daily Points - 2.5

Running Total - 97.0

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Maigahane said:

mumblegrumblebitchandmoan

I'm grouchy as fuck with absolutely everything at work. Not sure if it's justified or if I'm just in a bad mood. But I'm back to looking into OEPD (Operation Escape Plan Delta).

Anyway, I wanted to eat my frustrations after lunch so I brought my debit card with me on my walk so I could stop by the store across the street if I still wanted it after. I ended up feeling better and decided against snacks. It's a few hours later and I'm back to being grouchier than before. I resorted to putting in both headphones (instead of just one) while listening to angry music to calm down a bit. I'm off in just a few minutes and when I get home I'm going to do the same thing; take myself for a walk with my debit card and if I'm still grouchy I'll stop by the store by my house

Ugh, I'm sorry work is crushing your mood :( I think OEPD might be the way to go if it's affecting you that much. I'm glad walking is helpful. It helps me a lot too when I'm upset too. 

• Like 1

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

40 minutes ago, Seraphina said:

Ugh, I'm sorry work is crushing your mood :( I think OEPD might be the way to go if it's affecting you that much. I'm glad walking is helpful. It helps me a lot too when I'm upset too. 

Some days I really like my job, other days are like yesterday. A big part of it is my Boss. I get along with her well, but she's so flaky and in some ways very unprofessional and it really rubs me the wrong way. Especially when it affects my ability to work. Then there's fucking Kevin, that people who were around last year heard plenty of rants about, but Boss and I have adjusted things so I'm no longer dealing with his incompetence so that's a lot better now.

For the most part it's a really cushy job that pays well, is very flexible, and pretty much never goes over 40 hours a week. And I've learned so much here, it's been invaluable experience.

But I think one way or another I'll either go down to part time (I'm not even sure if that's an option but it doesn't hurt to ask if I want to try it) or quit around the end of the year. There's just too much I'd rather be doing with my time. That gives me time to get finances where I'm comfortable and get some cross-training wrapped up so I don't feel like I'm completely screwing them by leaving

• Like 2