• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

spezzy takes it one week at a time

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I got up at 7:45 and meditated (and bought a year's subscription to headspace). So there are 2 things I don't normally do but want to. 

 

Today I got up at 8:15, which is not 7:45, but still significantly earlier than 9. 

 

I also took care of some FSA reimbursement paperwork which was way more difficult than it should have been. 

 

And here are my deadlifts from the other day because it was a huge PR all around and I'm really proud of them (and the improvements to my positioning I've been working so hard on for the last 2 years):

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spezzy said:

Yeah, she started out the lesson by listing off all of my flaws we needed to fix instead of asking me what I wanted out of the lesson or what I wanted to cover up. I have so many flaws I didn't even notice before - thankfully I was able to get over it pretty quick but a few years ago that would have sent me into a binge and purge fest.

 

Don't worry though, someone sent me this, so I now completely understand makeup and can't wait to become a pterodactyl

 

That woman sucks almost as much as a teacher as she seems to suck as a person. Our faces do not have flaws! They have features. That's it. And the point of makeup is not to make people feel bad so we can take their money with fake promises of covering up what wasn't flawed to begin with. Grrrr. :angry:

 

I will now step off my soap box, only to state that pterodactyl woman is awesome and hilarious. And it is clearly too late for me, as I can't seem to stop having opinions. I am cursed! :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

That woman sucks almost as much as a teacher as she seems to suck as a person. Our faces do not have flaws! They have features. That's it. And the point of makeup is not to make people feel bad so we can take their money with fake promises of covering up what wasn't flawed to begin with. Grrrr. :angry:

 

I will now step off my soap box, only to state that pterodactyl woman is awesome and hilarious. And it is clearly too late for me, as I can't seem to stop having opinions. I am cursed! :lol:

 

But opinions and thoughts of your own are ugly things, you need to cover them up :D

 

Seriously that video cheered me up so much.

 

I think what was more frustrating was when I called to try to explain that the language they were using in the lesson was problematic, she thought I just wanted something for free. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that woman was doing a sales version of negging. She was intentionally trying to make you insecure so that she could sell you more crap. The problematic language wasn't a bug, it was an intentionally designed feature. Scalyfreak is right, that woman sounds manipulative and evil. I bet she knew exactly what she was doing, which is why she focused on trying to buy you off with something free rather than admit what she was doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I suspect that woman was doing a sales version of negging. She was intentionally trying to make you insecure so that she could sell you more crap. The problematic language wasn't a bug, it was an intentionally designed feature. Scalyfreak is right, that woman sounds manipulative and evil. I bet she knew exactly what she was doing, which is why she focused on trying to buy you off with something free rather than admit what she was doing.

I would have 100% thought that was what she was trying to do - and that's 100% what the OWNER was trying to do when I called her (you can come in and get a custom blended foundation!).

 

But she gave me a list of her favorite products to buy at Target or Macy's, so she wasn't trying to sell me things. I think she was just clueless, honestly. The owner said she was likely tired and not thinking since she worked a lot of hours that week :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oh that just opens up whole new ways to complain about that owner...

 

meh :) I'm just ready to move on :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updates!

 

Friday I went to the gym and did:

Technique Bench Day: 

65kgx2x3, 70kgx2x3, 75kgx2x3, 77.5kgx2x3 (so 12 reps total, upping weight every 3 sets)

 

Feet up triple pause bench

60kg for 6 sets of 3

 

Wall Walks

3 sets of 5

 

3 Snatch + 3 OHS:

a bunch of sets here, from 65lb to 105lb. 

 

and some other light stuff.

 

Saturday was a complete off day from everything for me. Ben and I went to a PL meet he had a client competing at, then I had to take Madi to the vet (she's broken), and I did some shopping and general puttering. 

 

This morning I got up and made a tracker for this next week and planned out the week. I feel really good about it. 

 

Habits I'm focusing on:

1) Gym 4x

2) Floss and mouthwash every night

3) Meditate 3x

4) Up by 7:30 am every day

 

I have a list of 8 small tasks, and 3 BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS ADULT TASKS (2 go together, and one is easy, just takes a lot of time), 1 appointment. 

 

I'm going to focus on this template and updating it weekly and then will share the template with y'all if it comes out good! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO I DID NOT GET UP AT 7:30 TODAY. I got up at 8:30. However, I made that decision last night, not this morning, so I'm counting that as a win. I had a late workout yesterday and was wide awake at 1:30am so made the conscious decision to move my goal to 8:30 for today. 

 

That's not saying it will be acceptable full time to switch this goal, but right now the big goal is getting up when I say I'm going to get up and not lay in bed for an hour after my alarm goes off, so for now, that's a win. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spezzy said:

SO I DID NOT GET UP AT 7:30 TODAY. I got up at 8:30. However, I made that decision last night, not this morning, so I'm counting that as a win. I had a late workout yesterday and was wide awake at 1:30am so made the conscious decision to move my goal to 8:30 for today. 

 

That's not saying it will be acceptable full time to switch this goal, but right now the big goal is getting up when I say I'm going to get up and not lay in bed for an hour after my alarm goes off, so for now, that's a win. 

That's absolutely a win. Adaptation is a key element of success. You showed yourself both that this goal is important to you and that you will find a way to make it work and that you will not set yourself up to fail by being legalistic about goals. Well done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

today i got up at 7:45. It's a start!

 

Last 2 days gym:

 

Sunday was deadlifts, and I way overreached, I added numbers to my already aggressive program and failed. I got a pretty cool picture of the failure, though:

So I dropped the weight to 60% and did doubles up to 70% and called it a day.

 

Yesterday's gym went amazing though. I went in super sore and unsure of what I would be able to do. There's a new girl at my gym who seems to be about the same strength as me (or, at least it seems, her numbers for benching were almost identical) and we shared the bench which was really nice. Her form is pretty much perfect and she's really nice, so that'd be cool to have people to lift with. I'm such a headcase lifter (I NEED certain things for it to go right) so getting out of my comfort zone was a good thing.

 

For bench, I did doubles, 65kg, 70, 75, 77.5, 80, 80, on my third double at 80 I misgrooved the first rep like crazy so dropped the weight to 75 and did 1 last rep.

 

80 is not my PR, but it is my meet PR (176 in freedom units), so that was a really big mental block for me. 

 

 

feet up pause - 3x3 at 60

waiter's walks

hang clean to 3 push press

dips

 

and that's it! rest day today, so playing a bit with my ADHD meds and dosage there to see how a little more affects me (since I am planning on working 12 hours anyway). Don't worry, doctor approved experiment. So hopefully I will have a super productive update later today!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closing this out and starting anew!

 

Last week I likely got a 75%, but the weekly planning is helping a lot, so going to keep that up next challenge :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now