The Silver Archer: Solo Mission

SkyGirl

THE SILVER ARCHER: BOOK II

Chapter 5: Solo Mission

giphy.gif

The theme of this month's challenge is really about self-care. I feel like I've been doing a lot of that lately and I'm more than ready to get back to butt-kicking, but as the sun rises on Week One, I will be in a van driving ten hours away from the only hometown I've ever known, preparing to spend three months working an incredibly high-stakes internship, living with two strangers (and their cats!), learning the rhythm of a metropolitan region, and basically upending every imaginable portion of my currently quiet, happy, predictable Midwestern life. 

Recipe for freaking out.

So this month, I will be laying out goals to help myself stay centered and not withdraw into a melty puddle of panic during the move and subsequent transition. Week Zero will be move-related goals; the main challenge will help me check in with my morning and evening routines, make sure I'm eating well, and try to work in some physical activity to release stress and keep me feeling good.

This will also be a fluid challenge, as I don't know yet what my daily routine at my internship is going to look like (other than the fact that it begins way earlier in the morning than the night-owl schedule I've been keeping) and what is going to be feasible and realistic. I may create small sets of goals at the beginning or end of each week instead of one big set at the beginning of the month.

Tomorrow I'm going to create a plan to help me finish packing and getting all the utilities turned on properly (everything is in progress, just not getting accomplished as quickly as I'd like), and this will guide me in the second half of Week Zero. Yoga and physical therapy exercises must happen too, and eating reasonably despite stress and sharks.

And lastly, Sky's narrative may or may not appear in this challenge, just to be realistic.  :(  But whether or not I find time to write it down, I am very aware of what she is doing currently, and she and all the wisdom she has gathered over the last few months are close with me while I pack and prepare for my own "solo mission", as she prepares to set out into the forests of Middle Earth and uncover the Dark Elf's latest evil scheme.

giphy.gif

• Like 12

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Sending prayers and support your way Sky! You go show that internship how to Ranger! You are 100% correct to focus on self-care right now so don't go feeling bad about having to focus on you. This is really important and we all want you to smash it!

There might be some tears and lamenting but we'll survive without narrative updates for a little while. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I’m so excited that you have this opportunity, and I have a feeling it’s going to turn out amazing! But I felt each and every one of those anxious feelings when I was headed off to my first internship, so I understand how you feel. If you wanna talk about anything, my pm’s are always open. But no matter who you talk to, make sure you don’t bottle up all that stress and carry it all by yourself. 

Aah, I’m excited to hear about all the adventures that await you!! :D <3<3<3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Following along for your independent adventures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Much wisdom is there in this challenge.

Pleased, the council is.

tumblr_mr50z6nV8a1qao1lqo2_500.gif

Really love how you are preparing for this.  So much good planning!   And keep it fluid, girl!  You got this.

• Like 5

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

but as the sun rises on Week One, I will be in a van driving ten hours away from the only hometown I've ever known, preparing to spend three months working an incredibly high-stakes internship, living with two strangers (and their cats!), learning the rhythm of a metropolitan region, and basically upending every imaginable portion of my currently quiet, happy, predictable Midwestern life. 

*wheeze*

HOO BOY.  That's INTENSE.  Also AMAZING?!!?!!?  Oh gosh what an adventure though, and what an opportunity!!!

giphy.gif

We are here for you!!!!! :DDDDDD

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

11 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

but we'll survive without narrative updates for a little while.

Says you....

KIDDING! Do what ya gotta do, Sky. I'll be praying for you as you set out on this wild and crazy time in your life. Like Deadpool trying on lace undies for the first time, you have to get uncomfortable to get comfortable. This is just God's plan for you right now, but the great news is, is He will never abandon or forsake you ;). And neither will we. 

12 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I may create small sets of goals at the beginning or end of each week instead of one big set at the beginning of the month.

This seems smart. Adapt as the waves hit you and Ranger the crap out of them!

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following to support a fellow anxiety-sufferer. :)   What kind of morning and evening routines do you typically follow?  I've found that if I'm not strict with my evening routine, then my insomnia rears its ugly head.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

giphy.gif

Wishing you the best of luck! I'm sure it's going to be a great experience for you. Following!

• Like 1

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

what a thrilling time! following!!

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

*returns from a long tiring sweaty day of packing*

*sees twelve new replies*

*sheds a single grateful tear*

fassbendercrying.gif

See, this is why people should never ever knock online friends compared to IRL ones. No matter what state I park my rear in at the end of the day, we can all come together to this space and it's always here right where we left it. I'm so blessed and glad to belong to such a caring and supportive community. What did I do before I knew you guys??

22 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

You are 100% correct to focus on self-care right now so don't go feeling bad about having to focus on you. This is really important and we all want you to smash it!

Dude, do you know how empowering it is to hear you say things like that? Validation FTW.

22 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

There might be some tears and lamenting but we'll survive without narrative updates for a little while. 

I only said they might go away. I'm one of those moody Internet people who "writes because I must", after all.  :) 

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey SG! Here to support you, sounds scary but EXCITING too :) you will have a great time im sure! Love to you xx

You're the best, Sal!! I'm so lucky to have you trekking along with me!  :D 

15 hours ago, Shadri said:

But I felt each and every one of those anxious feelings when I was headed off to my first internship, so I understand how you feel. If you wanna talk about anything, my pm’s are always open. But no matter who you talk to, make sure you don’t bottle up all that stress and carry it all by yourself.

Thank you SO much, Shadri - when I'm really anxious, venting it here pretty much always helps; so I promise I won't bottle it up. It's also really empowering to know ahead of time that I'm going to face bouts of anxiety and fear, but that I'll get through it and get back to feeling normal again. I can't tell you how much it helps to have your sweet support!!  :D 

13 hours ago, shaar said:

*wheeze*

HOO BOY.  That's INTENSE.  Also AMAZING?!!?!!?  Oh gosh what an adventure though, and what an opportunity!!!

It is intense, isn't it?? It's really a real adventure!! I'm so excited to share the ups and downs with you guys!

11 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I'll be praying for you as you set out on this wild and crazy time in your life. Like Deadpool trying on lace undies for the first time, you have to get uncomfortable to get comfortable. This is just God's plan for you right now, but the great news is, is He will never abandon or forsake you ;). And neither will we. 

You know ... I think that's going to be my mantra for these next few weeks, every time I feel uncomfortable. "Just like Deadpool wearing lace underwear." I like it.

But seriously speaking, this is very much needed - I've needed for quite a while to get out on my own and practice living life with just God. I know this is only for three months, but it's still going to be my first real "stretch" experience and I'm nervous, but very excited. 

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Huzzah! Three months of formative experiences. This is going to be great to read about.

It will definitely be formative and I hope it will be interesting to read about!!  :) 

6 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Following to support a fellow anxiety-sufferer. :)   What kind of morning and evening routines do you typically follow?  I've found that if I'm not strict with my evening routine, then my insomnia rears its ugly head.  

In some ways it's more of a space issue than a specific routine, per se. I have a corner of the living room that is "mine" - my soft chair, my bookshelf with my book collection in it, my decorations, my projects in progress, my computers, and so on. Every evening, I hunker down in my space to recharge, and it's really disruptive when I can't go to my space at the end of the day (when I travel, for example, or when I moved from my parents' home into my own apartment and hadn't found a new space yet).

The good thing is, I know now that my space is important to me, so since I'm moving in before my roommates and am the one in charge of managing the furniture rental delivery, I get to make myself a new space on the very first day.  :)  I'm bringing lots of my favorite books with me, some crochet projects I'm working on, and lots of soft blankets and clothing; and even though I couldn't find a rocking chair to rent ("my" chair is a beat-up old rocking recliner, and sitting in stationary chairs bugs me), I'm going to claim one of the chairs as my own and create my own corner as much like the one at home as I can. 

6 hours ago, Seraphina said:

Wishing you the best of luck! I'm sure it's going to be a great experience for you. Following!

Thank you so much, Seraphina!! I have a feeling this summer is going to grow me in lots of unexpected ways!  :D  I'm so glad to have you on board!

• Like 7

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Cause, secretly, you typed this especially for me ;)

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Aaah, good to see!

Mission accomplished!

A smile on a face is the best gift I can give and get!

Oh come on, Willes, you know you always make me smile.  :) 

tcs.gif

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

So excited for you! Praying for peace for you and joy as you se out on this wonderful adventure God has planned for you.

• Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I originally planned to have a nice detailed post about the packing plan I've made for myself and how it's going, but I'm just running low on posting energy this week ... I feel like there's still so much to do and I'm quickly running out of time to do it. I should have done some packing tonight because I have to work all day for my advisor tomorrow, but my sibs wanted to watch Back to the Future, and I'm also trying to spend time with them, too, since I won't be seeing them for three months. Fortunately, my mom reminded me today that I have one more day than I thought I did (*facepalm*), so even though I keep derping on the timeline for this move, at least the timeline keeps working out for me to have more time instead of less. I can do the rest of my packing over the weekend if I need to and it'll be okay.

As most of you know, my siblings' and my little dog passed away unexpectedly last weekend ... today I went to pick up the urn with his ashes and the clay pawprint casts that we ordered, and the cremation service staff had included in the package a small heart that's embedded with flower seeds. I'm so, so excited - I have a lovely pot to plant it in, and I'm going to do that tomorrow evening so I can take it with me to Maryland. Between the pawprints and the flowers, doggo's spirit will keep me company even though I'm far from home.

giphy.gif

• Like 9

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

41 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

So excited for you! Praying for peace for you and joy as you se out on this wonderful adventure God has planned for you.

Thank you so much, EG!! I welcome alllll the peace and joy that God sends my way on your behalf!  :D 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2021 Books in Progress:

2021 Books Completed:

8 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Oh come on, Willes, you know you always make me smile.  :) 

tcs.gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor aww shucks gif

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Between the pawprints and the flowers, doggo's spirit will keep me company even though I'm far from home.

A dog can be so much more of a friend than i ever anticipated. We never had a dog when i was small. And one of the first things i did after getting my own house was getting a dog. Unfortunately he died very unexpectedly in his sleep when he was 6 years old. It was a good death though, as he was curled up on his pillow like he always sleeps, so he must have gone quietly in his sleep. I was sick for a couple of days after. We soon got a new one after that, and, even though the other one was a real sweetheart, this one is even sweeter. To bad he is a powerbreed and scares a lot of people. He actually just is a cute little small lap dog, in a somewhat bigger package. He doesn't care that he is 50+ lbs, he think he's still a lap dog!

I hope your memorabilia helps you on your journey.

Hi from me and my friend!

uNWZxA6.jpg

• Like 6

... a little odd in the head ...

On 5/24/2018 at 12:44 AM, SkyGirl said:

No matter what state I park my rear in at the end of the day, we can all come together to this space and it's always here right where we left it. I'm so blessed and glad to belong to such a caring and supportive community.

20150710-group-hug.jpg

On 5/24/2018 at 12:44 AM, SkyGirl said:

I get to make myself a new space on the very first day.  :)  I'm bringing lots of my favorite books with me, some crochet projects I'm working on, and lots of soft blankets and clothing; and even though I couldn't find a rocking chair to rent ("my" chair is a beat-up old rocking recliner, and sitting in stationary chairs bugs me), I'm going to claim one of the chairs as my own and create my own corner as much like the one at home as I can. 

Brilliant!

4 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Between the pawprints and the flowers, doggo's spirit will keep me company even though I'm far from home.

Awwwww *hugs*

• Thanks 1

Love as thou wilt.

Here to follow and support in any way I can, Sky! 

• Thanks 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)