The Silver Archer: Solo Mission

SkyGirl

33 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

(We have a BBQ place up here called Sweet Baby Ray's... (I think they market their sauce nationwide though)

Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle BBQ sauce is one of the best EVER IMHO, I use it on EVERYTHING!!!  (I'm in North Carolina and we have it in all our stores!!)

11 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Everything in me wants to be in charge of this video so I can do it my way, because I know the way I want to do it would turn out amazing. But because I can't be in charge, I am taking this opportunity to practice letting go of my need to control, and I'm going to do my very best job within her parameters. I shouldn't have volunteered for this in the first place because I didn't really want to do it; but now that I'm in it, I'm going to do it her way and be positive about it.

This is the most thoughtful, mindful path to take ever and I love it.  I love how you're looking at the situation from more than just one angle and adapting - 'cause that's what we Rangers do!

Good to hear from you Sky, and I hope your cold gets better A S A P !!!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

20 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Those are some important lessons. Almost no one asking for advice genuinely wants it, most people are indeed looking for validation.

That’s a lot of output from you in a little time. I’m impressed. Working under this structure seems to suit you more than the academic way of life.

Thanks Sloth! The reason I like news writing is because the topic changes so quickly and you never have to spend too much time on one project - it's perfect for my short attention span.  :) 

And I hope I learn some good stuff from this experience. I'm going to do my darndest.

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

take care and feel better.  So wonderful that you get to use your talents, and that others are obviously enjoying what you do.

Thanks EG!! I feel pretty awful today and have NO idea how I'm going to go back to work tomorrow, but go I must. Adulting is fun.  ;) 

It's so awesome to be back in a newsroom again. One of the dudes said yesterday that I act like I've been working here for months instead of just a few weeks, and I kind of feel that way too. I feel like I fit right in and barely had any adjustment time at all. It's kind of weird and kind of awesome, too.

11 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

You're doing amazing, and I'm glad you are approaching that coworker with that mindset. I need to learn not to say yes to things I don't want to do either. And let me just say you look almost exactly like I pictured you. :D 

Do I?? That's so funny ...  :D  I'm really bad at picturing people whom I meet online, so I'm always amazed when anyone says that because I'm always so wrong.

9 hours ago, Starpuck said:
On 6/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, Shadri said:

SWEET FANCY MOSES

I love this.  I must steal!!    Sweet Fancy Moses!    (We have a BBQ place up here called Sweet Baby Ray's... (I think they market their sauce nationwide though) and I often use that one!   But anytime you can invoke Moses is awesome!

That's what I thought too!! I love it!

And I think I've had Sweet Baby Ray's too?? Maybe? Must check my pantry when I get home ... in like two months ...  :D 

This is is so big.  Also something I need to work on.  I am so proud of you for seeing that as an opportunity and digging in your heels to make it a lesson you can take going forward.   Hellzyeah!

Thanks Puck!! I found myself getting really mad during the meeting, and I was like "Sky ... why are you mad?"; and I replied, "Because want to be in charge and do it my way." And I was like ... "ya know, honey, you can't always be in charge and do it your way. Sometimes you need to be the helper and not the line leader. So. Why don't you put on your big girl pants and do what you're told for once instead of taking over and telling everybody what to do?"

... and I was like:

45ce.gif

And that Florence & the Machine gif?  GOSH THAT SONG IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!    And that video has some amazing dancing!

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THIS THO

8 hours ago, shaar said:

This is the most thoughtful, mindful path to take ever and I love it.  I love how you're looking at the situation from more than just one angle and adapting - 'cause that's what we Rangers do!

Good to hear from you Sky, and I hope your cold gets better A S A P !!!

Thank you so much lovely Shaar!! I'm trying to treat everything like a learning experience and seeing how I can get stronger from it! I was listening to Red's cover of "Unstoppable" the other day and thinking about that, getting stronger and more powerful as I learn and grow this summer, and I started smiling like an idiot at work and was really glad no one happened to walk by ...  :D 

• Like 5

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

8 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Do I?? That's so funny ...  :D  I'm really bad at picturing people whom I meet online, so I'm always amazed when anyone says that because I'm always so wrong.

I'm usually super bad at picturing people too, but with you it was easy. :D 

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Oh my gosh, y'all, I've done so poorly at keeping up here and I have no excuse ... I guess I'm tired when I get home?? But I'm not, though ...  :(  

I don't really have much to wrap up because I basically didn't follow any goals or anything ... overall I'm kind of giving myself the side-eye because my daily average number of steps for the past 7 days is only 5,305, I haven't been going to the gym, and I can't find a balance between eating more than I should and not eating enough. I've been doing yoga sporadically, but because I was sick all last week I didn't do anything more than a couple of sun salutations before bed. 

It amazes me how quickly my doubts about my fitness to be a Ranger resurface in these times when I can't work out as much as I'd like. My Ranger identity has become such an important part of who I am that when I feel like I'm not doing "enough" according to some Ranger standard, I start to wonder if I'm "really" a Ranger, if I belong in this community, if I really am a Fit Person Who Exercises and Eats Healthy even when life gets in the way and I can't do the things that Fit Rangers do. This is literally something that @Tanktimus the Encourager has been reassuring me about for the last almost-2 years, and I know that being a Ranger is something that I choose, not something I have to earn. (Sounds an awful lot like other areas of my life. I am a writer because I've chosen to be one, not based on how much I've published ... I'm a Christian because I have believed God's promises, not because I'm a good person ... yeesh ...) I don't know why this continues to come up and it saddens me. But I also suspect it's something that won't go away.  :) 

Regardless of my doubts, however, I am a Ranger because I have chosen to push myself past my comfort zone, to become the best version of myself I can be, to use my strength to help and protect others, and to pursue adaptability, resilience, creativity, determination, and courage. I have made all those choices and continue to make them every day - this does not earn me the title of Ranger, but rather provides proof of my choice in embracing this identity. And I am going to choose to be a Ranger every day that I wake up for the rest of my life.

... and I'm also going to start working out again in this challenge. Even if that's just yoga. I've got to move or I'll go stir crazy.

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 47

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

We've all been there Sky. You've given yourself the battle speech you need. All I will add is that it is OKAY to have these thoughts and doubts. Don't give in to them, but you don't have to fight them directly either. Just observe them and watch them. As long as part of you knows those doubts are not based in fact you don't have to stop yourself from FEELING them. As an observer who is not assigning value to what is observed you free yourself to actually feel the doubt and work through it, rather than fighting it.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

You belong here.  Hands down.  No questions.

I'll challenge anyone who says otherwise to Mortal Kombat.

We <3 you!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Yes you belong here! Here is  what I tell myself when I have thoughts like that, " We aren't all on here because we've figured it out, we are here and part of the Rangers because we are helping each other figure it out" We have times in our lives when fitness and health are top priority and other time when they aren't.  I think part of your feeling comes from the fact that you are in a whole new world right now, with a brand new job, so it's pretty normal to be feeling insecure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien