Tiffany D Does the Unthinkable - She Run's.... Pt 1 of however long it takes to actually Run.

.TIFF

So I am back from my crazy trip to Korea for work, I am a year older now as well since I hit 33 while I was there, and I am already back to the weight before I left (because I lost while I was there, and my boyfriend has cooked all the horrible amazing things for dinner since I got back).

I need a change of pace, and I need to have a serious cut.  I know that strength training is important but it's easy for me to get strong, so I am going to focus on what is hard for me to accomplish.

For those of you that haven't seen my IG, I am all of 5'1" and built like a Shetland pony.  Great for manual labor/lifting things, not so good for running....

My goal this challenge is to hit an average of 13k steps or 1.5 hours of cardio a day (my max trainer brings out a low step count but maximum effort so this is why time is also track-able) for 4 days a week, with a lower 10k step count and HIIT/Workout 3 days a week. *This is by the end of the challenge, not overall, next time I will be required to hit these goals all 4 weeks.

To complete this goal I will need to:

Do All The Cardio - Work up to 1.5 hours/18k steps of cardio daily.  I am going to start with 4 days of cardio, with a minimum of 2 hitting that count/time. Week 2 will have me at 3 full days, and weeks 3 and 4 will have me hitting 4 full days with week 4 requiring me to hit the 10k step requirement on HIIT days as well.

giphy.gif

I can already tell I am going to need a tracking sheet for this go.

Just Work It -  *This went out the window a bit when I joined the new gym on Wednesday, and I will be taking 3 classes a week so I am switching things up a bit.

3 classes a week, with 10k steps on those days.

giphy.gif

Snacks! - I already have dealt with increased hunger due to cardio, this time I plan to prepare by having a solid meal plan, AND veggie snacks on hand at all times.  I'm not going to worry about tracking them too much since this is more about having the correct snacks instead of all the carbs I know I will be craving.

*The gif I wanted to use here isn't working and I need to go be productive.... perhaps another time, lol.

• Like 2

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

Following. (Not literally of course if you are picking up running).

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I didn't realize that you were only5'1", that's my height too! Only I'm not built like a SHetland pony, as it takes a lot of work to build muscle, but I'm still not a runner, so not sure what horse that would be.;)

Looks like a good challenge

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Monday Totals:  Ran/Walked 1.5 hours (rounding because it was like 1 hr 25 min).  Total step count for the day was 11,390 at 4.71 miles, with 2,931 calories burned.  Not the number step wise I was hoping to hit, but I did run a fair bit during my run/walk.  This makes me think I need a more attainable step goal since when I was training for strongman I wasn't even in the gym for that long.  But before I make that decision I am going to get through this week and see what I do.

Tuesday So Far/Plan: Already went for a half hour walk this morning since I had to wait for a shop to open before I headed to work.  I will be jogging around the block for lunch, and then hitting up some HIIT when I get home.

Food:  Probably ate too little yesterday, my run was a bit late in the AM and I didn't eat prior so I only had brunch and dinner.  Today is a bit more structured food wise so it will be better.  I also learned I can make a pretty solid bibimbap :D

• Like 5

Battle Log

Instagram

Are you using a program to help you with the run/walk or doing it based on feel?

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following! And a fellow shortie! 

• Like 1

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

24 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Are you using a program to help you with the run/walk or doing it based on feel?

Currently I am running until I can't, then walking... which eventually leads to just walking, lol.

I have done programs before, but right now I am trying to see how much I can do in the same amount of time as the challenge progresses.  My fitbit has an average pace so I will be seeing how that improves overall based on the amount of time I run.  I'm going to try to keep track of the lunch run and my at home long run separate of course since one is around 35 min and one is 1.5 hours.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Instagram

On 5/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, TiffanyD said:

Great for manual labor/lifting things, not so good for running....

you and me both, sister! I will be suffering along as well as following :-)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

So yesterday I managed the AM walk and a Lunch walk, but my hip was in a decent amount of pain (kind of like when you need to crack your neck or back really bad but can't, only in my hip joint area) and I was limping by the end of it so I am going to give my legs a breather today....  or so I thought, going to check out a kickboxing class tonight (and possibly sign up at a gym I have wanted to for a while because they have a solid special going).  I still plan on running, but may be boxing/kickboxing instead of my HIIT stuff.

Food was solid, though I worry that fitbit is saying i've burned more calories than I am so I am over eating but we will check on the weight in a week to see how that is going.  

This morning however I stopped at wawa and ate a breakfast croissant before seeing how bad it was, we will be adjusting the rest of the day due to my error.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

Yesterdays class was a blast!  I signed up at the gym since they finally have a package that allows you to go to any class.  I didn't get any time for even quick walks at work so I only hit around 7.5k steps but that is still a lot better than my usual 3 or 4 k.

Today I will be going around the block at lunch time to see how my hip is doing, and possibly a second walk or some intervals on the max trainer when I get home depending on how that goes.

• Like 6

Battle Log

Instagram

Following!

As far as your step count goals, I did some internet research for myself a while ago and found that the estimate of 1000 steps/ten minutes was reasonably close for me (I’m a little taller, though, 5’6”). So to meet my daily goal at that time of 12k steps required about 2 hours of walking. 

However. YMMV but I do far fewer steps per minute when I run. So when I’m trying to get my steps up on weekends I can’t do an hour walk + an hour run, it’s more like 1:20 walk plus an hour run. 

Good luck, and look after that hip!

• Like 1

So I changed some things around a bit with my goals, I will be trying to get 4 days of cardio/walking in and 3 days of classes in a week.  At least one of the cardio days will be an active rest day.

My energy levels are really picking up, and my mood is as well so that is a plus.  Hit 10k steps yesterday but had to ice my shins due to shin splint progression.  It's something I have had to deal with every time I run, but the hip is much better.

Today is a Jungle Fit class, and a couple small walks throughout the day.  I really hope I can keep this pace going, I don't know the last time I have worked out every weekday.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Instagram

18 minutes ago, Salinger said:

my legs hurt too when running. But maybe because ive only just began.... 

Enjoy the class :) x

It's for sure part of the process, I used to run often about 6 years ago... which now makes me feel kind of old, lol.  At first it was no fun, lots of pain/soreness but I kept it up and got past that part and my body got used to everything which made it easier/less painful.  I have a history of getting shin splints though so I knew that was going to happen, im just a terrible runner than is as heavy footed as an ox.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, TiffanyD said:

Today is a Jungle Fit class,

This sounds fun and interesting! What do you do? Swing around like monkeys or chase animals like cheetahs?

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This sounds fun and interesting! What do you do? Swing around like monkeys or chase animals like cheetahs?

Nothing quite that crazy, the gym is called The Jungle MMA and Fitness, so it's just their cross training type class.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Instagram

So Friday didn't go to plan, work was kind of a shit show and ran late so I missed class, went home, and drank wine.

Saturday and Sunday were far less productive in the workout dept, but looking at my goals for week 1 I hit all but one HIIT workout, and snacks were a bit off when Ben decided to make crazy nachos, but I am going to say an overall win.

What I have realized I need is a legit set schedule for the remainder so I don't float into carb/wine oblivion on the weekends anymore.  I did bathe 4 dogs outside by myself though, so that was a bit of cardio on Sunday, lol.

I am back at it today, started it off right with a walk, and I will be push mowing/clearing dead branches, ect. for at least 30 min to an hour when I get home.  And I am currently working on meal planning for the week to get away from "eat all the carbs for all the meals".

• Like 3

Battle Log

Instagram

So this happened yesterday!  It took my AM walk, my Lunch Jog/Walk, and mowing the lawn for 45+ min...  Food was decent but I need more protein overall.

Today was an AM walk, and I will be doing some upper body stuff when I get home.  Finally going to see infinity war tonight with some co-workers and the BF :) 

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram

Woot! That's a lot of steps!

Did you enjoy Infinity War?

• Like 1

So last week was kind of a bust.  There was one legit reason for it, but I can't give myself a complete pass either.  Just going to keep going and get back on track.

My scale was drunk or phoning it in this morning...  I weighed myself at 5 lbs down, 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down, and 5 lbs down (177, 182, 180, 177)  So as an average I am 179 (and officially out of the 180's again for the first time in over a year).

Already off to a decent start for Monday:  AM walk complete, packed lunch even though one of my favorite food trucks is here today, and will be running during lunch.  We have a dinner double date with an online friend and his wife tonight at a ramen joint, so that should be fun as well.

Tue/Thur I think I'm going to try out the boxing classes...  Is it horrible that my hangup is I don't want to touch people?  I mean I don't care so much about hitting/kicking, but the grappling/holds with random strangers just isn't my thing.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Instagram