I made great progress in my first two years of NF but then I left uni, moved back home and life/work took over. I've tried to come back several times as I know this is the place I see the best results but have failed every attempt as life just took over. My life/work situation has calmed down a bit and I'm now ready to rebuild what's been destroyed in the past two years ..so here I am trying again...

What's gone wrong?

giphy.gif

• Gained around 18 pounds
  • Lost endurance etc. for cardio activities
  • Began drinking soda again
  • Eat too much (portion control and junk food/snacks)
  • Became more isolated

There's lots I need to address with the above just being highlights but I always think it's good to remind myself of postivies as well as negatives.

So what went right?

giphy.gif

• I got promoted to Junior Consultant then Consultant at work
  • I bought a house
  • I moved out of my comfort zone and completed my first Ragnar Relay
  • I travelled alone for the first time

Honestly some of my achievements over the past two years have been awesome and I wouldn't want to give them back, it's just unfortunate that in achieving those things I let my health go downhill. 

MY PLAN SO FAR...

giphy.gif

Phase 1 - Building my framework

Phase 2 - Upgrading my armour

Phase 3 - ???

I haven't got a plan yet, that's tonights task but I have ideas that will soon form some goals and plan...

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

25/05/2018

BODY

Starting weight: approx 11stone 12 (166 pounds/75.3kg). 

Photos: added to my drive

Went to the gym super early today. Did around 45 minutes of exercise. Will need to either get there earlier or have a shorter workout if I want to go to the gym before work.

ewPzRPLJMqkiIEFFWDYZZPYUcR0uwwTysf4ZEA-i

Warm up 

• 20 min walk to gym  - 2.02km
  • 10 min Run on treadmill - 1.07km

Main 

• Squat - 5/5/5 @ 20kg then 1 rep @ 30kg
  • Deadlift - 5/5/5 @ 30kg then 2 reps @ 40kg
  • Max Plank - 36secs/40secs/30secs
  • Burpees over bar then Push Press - 6 burpees over bar follwed by 5 presses @ 12.5kg x3 

Cool down

• Stretching
  • 20 min walk home  - 2.02km

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

SOUL

Got my donation bags in the post so can now start going through everything I don't want to keep. I lack storage in my place so getting rid of a few things seems like a perfect thing to do. I barely use some of the stuff I've collected over the years. I just hate throwing out/giving away stuff that I have paid for.

lu8kNgs03tIpMU2ciJHIsQLlkAbMgSi9pN0YYjGc

Made a start on the donation pile. Cleared our a lot of the toys and 'collectables' I have got from past subscription boxes. Means I need less storage than I first thought which is good. Also made me realise how much I get in these boxes that I don't actually want! Been through a few CD piles but need to go through again because I literally never use them anymore...

AcMdFh4J6e4Q5KUS7sOWuWOtvopxf7swcnYcQWFj

• Like 1

26/05/2018

BODY

Not managed to do anything today as the family are round however we did walk to and from the shops so covered around 6 miles of walking today - nice bit of active recovery for my sore quads from yesterday's training. 

SOUL

Family are round to my new home for the bank holiday weekend. My older sister is coming with them which will be great. Not seen her in months because of the move. Spent quite a bit of the evening yesterday tidying up and making sure boxes are out of the way etc. It's starting to really look like my home now!

27/05/2018

BODY

Barely done anything today. Managed around 3 miles walking which is better than nothing. Having family round has screwed up my intentions. Got barely any sleep as I shared a bed with my sister...who is not someone you can share a bed with...

SOUL

Books read: 1

XjJin7ARVN1vdSxDEuYwaCN1-jahdVDmryt88AaW

Finished reading Get Your Sh*t Together by Sarah Knight. It was pretty good. One that I've taken a few things from. In particular it's why I started to look out things to donate or throw out. I like her style of writing although I imagine most of her books are quite similar so I will probably just stick to this one. 

28/05/2018

BODY

d9DO_Bn7hxPgLQ_3Yn7Z5FECCwVfZEHSi_0K_pvD

Completed my first workout in my home gym. Not much in there at the moment but hoping to build it up over the year. 

P1 - Circuit x3 - rest 2 mins between sets

• 10 BW Squats
  • 6 push ups
  • 10 hip raises
  • 10 walking lunges
  • 20 bicylce kicks
  • 10 double leg raises

P2 - Circuit x2 - rest 2 mins between sets

• 10 bent over rows at 6kg (each arm)
  • 6 arnold press at 6kg
  • 4 reverse fly at 6kg

Finished all the diet coke in the house today and will not be buying anymore for the house. First step to reducing my intake...

SOUL

All the stuff I had bagged for donations has gone home with my dad - apparently he wants to look through it all first (he's a secret hoarder and hates us 'chucking' anything out). 

I bought one of two cabinets for my documents today. So I'm ready to go to start going through all the 'study' stuff. 

29/05/2018

BODY

Gym session again this morning - bright and early. First time doing a session this early and then going to work...

PPUaTR9ScOC7gVAd7K48JKJ4bXuHLBHeDfuI1JL_

Warm up 

• 20 min walk to gym  - 2.02km

Main - completed 2.4km in 22:25

• 2min walk/3 min run/1min walk
  • 2min run/1 min walk for remaining 14 minutes.
  • 2.25 cool down walk

Cool down

• Stretching
  • 20 min walk home  - 2.02km