• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman tries to survive June

I'm back again! This last month has been a real test. My wife was laid off (with severance), and we got notice from the landlord that he wants to move back into the house. So we have to be out before July 1st. I also hurt my ankle, so I had to stop walking and running. 

All this really did a number on anxiety and some depression kicking in. Overall just extremely stressful. So we made some plans, and just started getting through this one step at a time.

June is going to be extremely busy.

We have to move by the 30th. We have family coming into town for my oldest son's graduation party. Wife hopefully starts a new job. The 22nd to the 24th I will be near Los Angeles to bowl in a tournament. 6+ hour drive.

Now today, we got a place. Unfortunately, it is an apartment. So we loose a lot of storage space. So downsizing we go.  This challenge will be stressful, and so busy. Let's get in some goals.

Last challenge I did not make it to twotopia, but I am pulling into the driveway ;) I am 306 today, so almost there. Maybe I get there before the start of week 1. Most likely, I hit it during this challenge.

Goal#1 - Yup, keep up with the Keto

Keto has been doing so well for me, I need to continue it. Hopefully, between the two places, I can keep keto. Then of course I have the bowling tournament to figure out how I stay in Keto there. I could always just drop keto for those days, but I think I would rather try to challenge myself to stay keto there.

My Intermittent fasting has been a bit all over the place. During the challenge, I am not going to focus on IF. I will try to maintain it when I can. With moving at all different times though, I don't want it to be a factor if I need to eat.

I will track my water, and attempt hit hit close to my macros.

1 point for each day tracked food and water (MFP). 7 points total per week.

Goal#2 - Sleep

Sleep returns for another challenge. I get it nailed down, then I get right off schedule. Here I am at 11:44 pm typing this up, instead of winding down for rest. I will be needing good sleep with all the work that needs to be done here. Since I seem to struggle with this one, I think I will increase points to make me really focus.

3 points for computer off by 11-11:15 pm ( I usually gave myself a little window), 3 points for reading started right after. Off to bed by 12-12:15 am. 6 points per day, 42 points per week.

Goal#3 The downsize and move

I don't really know how to do this one as a goal. It has to happen, it is just trying to organize it I suppose. My basic goal will be to make it though my checklist.

• Go through clothes. Donate, and throw out as needed
  • Go through computer equipment. Sell, and ewaste thing things I don't need
  • Clean up the back yard. We had some cans back there in bags that opened up and spread everywhere. I need to pick them up
  • Fill the roll off bin. Over Memorial day weekend, we are getting a dumpster delivered. Time to trash, donate, sell a bunch of items in the garage and house
  • Setup new beds at the new place. To save some space, we have new beds frames for the kids.
  • pack up items to be moved (dvds, toys, etc)
  • Contact moving companies. I am tired of moving furniture all these years. Worth it to pay someone else to deal with it. :)
  • Get gardener to come clean up the yard as needed
  • Get the house cleaned after we move out
  • switch out the shower heads
  • re box pictures. order boxes for comics
  • sell off old bowling items, or trash/donate them if I can
  • map out how furniture will go in the new place (already started this a bit)
  • See if my sister wants my mothers crystal
  • Figure out what to do with furniture we can't take with us.
  • Figure out how internet access will be in the new place for my older son's room and house in general. (wifi, powerline networking is used now)
  • Move smaller items/boxes we can pack up now. Movers can get the big items

There might be more added, but that is all I can thing of right now. This is more of a pass/fail goal. I will pass, because I have too ;) No points.

Goal#4 - Register for school

I was going to skip a life goal, but I figured I would toss it in here anyway. I won't have time to do any summer classes, but I should be able to get registered for fall classes. I want to start getting certificates at least. Then I can start getting back out there in the work force too. So I just need to apply, then try to do whatever I need to get done. Placement or whatever. Maybe talk to a councilor to see if I should try getting an AA degree or something.

No points here as well. It is more of a pass/fail situation

Measurements - Week 1 / End of Challenge (will take morning of the 28th)

Neck - 20.00 in / 

Chest - 51.29 in / 

Waist at belly button - 55.15 in / 

Bicep (L) - 16.22 in / 

Bicep (R) - 15.82 in / 

Forearm (L) - 12.95 in / 

Forearm (R) - 12.95 in / 

Thigh (L) - 28.11 in / 

Thigh (R) - 26.96 in / 

Weight - 305.7 lbs / 

Weekly points

Week 1 (05/28 - 06/03) - 29.5/49 points 60% D

Week 2 (06/04 - 06/10) - 35.5/49 points - 72% C

Week 3 (06/11 - 06/17) - 40/49 points - 81% B

Week 4 (06/18 - 06/24) - 0/49 points

So that is my challenge. Easy on the surface, harder because of the whole move situation. ;)

• Like 4

Good luck - hope your ankle is on the mend - I'm sure the getting outside to walk would be good for your head, even if it isn't formally named in your challenges

• Like 2

Wow you have a lot happening at once but you know what I love your attitude! Your positivity and your "get 'er done" tude is amazing. I am looking forward to seeing your progress :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rainelf said:

Good luck - hope your ankle is on the mend - I'm sure the getting outside to walk would be good for your head, even if it isn't formally named in your challenges

Yeah, It is somewhat. Just every time I try to get out for a real walk, I can feel it flare up. It has been long enough that I wonder if I had/have a stress fracture. Even if I can't get out for a real "walk" we will be taking the dog out for walks now. No yard, so we kind of have to get out haha.

44 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Wow you have a lot happening at once but you know what I love your attitude! Your positivity and your "get 'er done" tude is amazing. I am looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Thanks. Just kind of the attitude I have to have, or I may just go crazy ;)

• Like 1

Well, moved over DVDs today haha. We got the big roll off dumpster today. Will get to filling it tomorrow. I went though my clothes and made a trash/donate piles. I knocked a good bunch out of my closet. Wife did some too, though she has more clothes still ;) Next she needs to get through the drawers and shoes.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2018 at 1:27 PM, Tateman said:

Yeah, It is somewhat. Just every time I try to get out for a real walk, I can feel it flare up. It has been long enough that I wonder if I had/have a stress fracture.

About nine months ago, I accidentally slammed my foot in the car door while I was getting in. I had trouble walking long distances or running at all on it until a month or so ago. I still have minor pain from it if I'm out on a two-mile walk or have to walk far at all in heels. It wasn't broken, but it has tissue damage. Idk how you injured your ankle but it sounds similar to my injury (yours will probably heal in way less time - I saw my favorite band twice and jumped around a ton at both their concerts and definitely reinjured it both times) 

I'm trying to do a major cleaning of my belongings, and I'll be donating most of my old clothes to a couple of closets (one is to help transgender individuals build wardrobes that match their gender, the other one will probably be the local center for women who have been victims of human trafficking)

• Like 2

• Go through clothes. Donate, and throw out as needed (Mostly done, just need to donate)
  • Go through computer equipment. Sell, and ewaste thing things I don't need (Most of the going though part done)
  • Clean up the back yard. We had some cans back there in bags that opened up and spread everywhere. I need to pick them up (Had a gardener come out, did excellent work)
  • Fill the roll off bin. Over Memorial day weekend, we are getting a dumpster delivered. Time to trash, donate, sell a bunch of items in the garage and house (working on it)
  • Setup new beds at the new place. To save some space, we have new beds frames for the kids.
  • pack up items to be moved (dvds, toys, etc) (started, some things moved)
  • Contact moving companies. I am tired of moving furniture all these years. Worth it to pay someone else to deal with it. :)
  • switch out the shower heads (got new ones for our new place)
  • re box pictures. order boxes for comics
  • sell off old bowling items, or trash/donate them if I can (started)
  • See if my sister wants my mothers crystal - Sister will take it when she comes down for the graduation party
  • Figure out what to do with furniture we can't take with us. More or less have done this
  • Figure out how internet access will be in the new place for my older son's room and house in general. (wifi, powerline networking is used now)
  • Move smaller items/boxes we can pack up now. Movers can get the big items

Day one of the challenge. We have made some progress on my list of things to get done. I did not get to bed on time last night, but will count forward towards tonight.

I feel hungry today, but I think I will be ok food wise. It's really hot here, so we are trying not to be out in the garage now. We will head out there later when it is cooler in the evening. I think tomorrow we may head off to do a donate and e-waste run. We will have more, but the piles are getting big enough, and they are in the way :)

I did get some measurements done, and probably the last set of photos of myself here. Unless I do one right before we move.

• Like 2

Wow great job yesterday! :) Looks like some good progress. I want to get a dumpster so bad and we only moved in 2-3 years ago lol!

If it is too hot you could always do other small things like order your boxes for your comics and donate those clothes (which you already planned on doing). I love the idea of moving lol and I get so jealous when people get to organize and pack things up but I hate the actually moving part lol.  

• Like 2

Looks like you have a lot to do this challenge, but I think you can manage it all. And doing the organizing/packing/cleaning will help since it will keep you moving as well.

I wish I could offer to come over and help, but I get it. One thing I would recommend is saying "I will spend 5-10 minutes" (maybe per room) today, and at least for me, if I get started, I tend to work longer than that 5-10 minutes. Its the getting started that is the hardest part.

Following along

• Like 2

Yeah, I may not get in here each day, at first anyhow :)

Yesterday, we took one trip to good will. Well 3 trips, but one drop off. We loaded up my wife's suv. Then we drove to the goodwill store. The guy there had just been swamped and asked if we would go over to the donation truck, because that would probably be faster. We said we could. We had a little time. My wife had a phone interview with a company (hopefully the last), so we only had about an hour to drop off. We got to the truck, and there was a guy moving slow as molasses. He told us he can't help us, go to the store. Someone dropped off stuff before they opened, and he was sorting it I guess. We told him the store sent us over, but he was refusing to help us at all. (there really wasn't much outside the truck)

We didn't have time to argue, so we went back home. Then after my wife was done with her interview, we went back to the store, and was actually able to drop stuff off. Just man, what a pain in the ass it was. We still have more to do. 

Off to costco this morning, then I think we will take some things up to the apartment. Garage is mostly finished, just reorganizing some. My sister in law has a ton of stuff here still, and it needs to get out of here too. My wife is going to facetime her to go through and see what they want to keep. I am also going to try getting the rest of my computer things organized and packed up.

• Like 2

That's frustrating about the 3 trips. The first guy should of just took it. I don't know about where you are but gas prices are killer right now. 

How's the progress going?

• Like 2

I totally understand the issue with goodwill. Hopefully anymore trips start to go better soon.

Hopefully the interviews went well. and be here when you can.  This month is super busy for you, so do what you can when you can.  It is all better than doing nothing.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 4:28 AM, Rookie said:

That's frustrating about the 3 trips. The first guy should of just took it. I don't know about where you are but gas prices are killer right now. 

How's the progress going?

Yeah, gas is like $3.65 a gallon or more. We have more loads to take over. Hopefully, just one trip per load haha.

22 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I totally understand the issue with goodwill. Hopefully anymore trips start to go better soon.

Hopefully the interviews went well. and be here when you can.  This month is super busy for you, so do what you can when you can.  It is all better than doing nothing.

So far, so good for interviews. We are hoping to head something this week. Signs all point to good things. They are just really cautious I guess. The last person they hired was good on paper, but could not do they work at all.

• Like 2

Ok, week summary

It has been super busy this week. Though my goals are minimal, I have struggled a little (with sleep)

We have sold off a few items, and given away some too. We also finished with our roll off dumpster. The biggest issue with the dumpster, was having people dig through it like 4 times. So that meant 4 times us having to go re pick up all the stuff. It was picked up today, so that part is done! We made really good progress of getting rid of stuff we just did not need. Tomorrow, we are bringing items into our storage. It sucks to have to have storage, but we just don't have the room to fit it all at our apartment. Plus, there will be some more downsizing of items there. Like my baseball cards.

My weight has fluctuated a bit this week. From 303 to 305 a couple of days ago. Of course this morning I come in at 302.6 lbs. So close to 300! The weight loss will come though.

il3Esp0.jpg

05/28 MyFitnessPal - 1791 Calories, 9 net carbs

05/29 MyFitnessPal - 1838 Calories, 10 net carbs

05/30 MyFitnessPal - 1846 Calories, 14 net carbs

05/31 MyFitnessPal - 1737 Calories, 13 net carbs

06/01 MyFitnessPal - 1756 Calories, 6 net carbs

06/02 MyFitnessPal - 1798 Calories, 11 net carbs

06/03 MyFitnessPal - 1736 Calories, 2 net carbs

I had still been tracking water, but I think I am not going to worry about it too much now. Tracking food is enough. :) I did have a few higher calorie days this week. Though I though with moving, maybe it would work out. I reevaluated my macro this morning. Looks like my new target for Calories is 1766. Of course a bit more if I start working out and such. Soon!

7 points

Goal#2 - Sleep

05/28 - 1:09 am to 9:14 am. 7 hrs 25 mins. 24 x awake for 40 mins - 1.5 for reading

05/29 - 12:17 am to 7:24 am. 6 hrs 29 mins. 21 x awake for 38 mins - 6 points

05/30 - 12:35 am to 7:40 am. 5 hrs 45 mins. 21 x awake for 1 hr 20 mins - 1.5 for reading

06/01 - 12:29 am to 8:33 am. 7 hrs 29 mins. 15 x awake for 35 mins - 6 points

06/02 - 12:19 am to 7:06 am. 5 hrs 39 mins. 13 x awake for 1 hr 8 mins - 6 points

06/03 - 12:40 am to 8:01 am. 6 hrs 18 mins. 12 x awake for 1 hr 3 mins - 1.5 for reading

So really, not very good on sleep. Even last night, I was up until 2 am. So I already get a strike for this week. On the 30th, I ended up talking to my Dad via text, and that got me past my bed time. Then the last few days have been all over. One night I was up because we caught people digging in our roll off dumpster. I did at least read each night before heading to bed. Just not all nights were good with timing.

22.5 points

• Go through clothes. Donate, and throw out as needed (Mostly done, just need to donate)
  • Go through computer equipment. Sell, and ewaste thing things I don't need (Most of the going though part done)(ewasted some items already)
  • Clean up the back yard. We had some cans back there in bags that opened up and spread everywhere. I need to pick them up (Had a gardener come out, did excellent work)
  • Fill the roll off bin. Over Memorial day weekend, we are getting a dumpster delivered. Time to trash, donate, sell a bunch of items in the garage and house (working on it)
  • Setup new beds at the new place. To save some space, we have new beds frames for the kids. (1 of 2 done)
  • pack up items to be moved (dvds, toys, etc) (started, some things moved)
  • Contact moving companies. I am tired of moving furniture all these years. Worth it to pay someone else to deal with it. :) (have sent out some feelers)
  • re box pictures. order boxes for comics (got in new comic boxes)
  • sell off old bowling items, or trash/donate them if I can (started, tossed some that were cracked)
  • See if my sister wants my mothers crystal - Sister will take it when she comes down for the graduation party
  • Figure out what to do with furniture we can't take with us. More or less have done this
  • Move smaller items/boxes we can pack up now. Movers can get the big items (Started moving some items already)

I also build my new desk at the new place. Things are progressing. Tomorrow we move some items to storage. I backed up my PC, and may just pack it up. I can survive on my laptop until I get things setup 100% at the new place.

I have not registered yet. I might wait until we actually move to do it. I did send my resume to a friend, who knows a guy in IT. Though it sounds like they have a hiring freeze now.

29.5/49 points. 60% Not too great, but it was mostly my failure to get to bed on time. Overall, things are busy. We are feeling accomplished though, we made it through a lot of stuff

• Like 2

Woohoo I know you got 60% but I think you are killing it! Awesome job :) Food is where I would struggle a lot but you did amazing. 

• Like 2

Tateman

A 60 % is still pretty good considering. And in some of those cases, the reason you weren't on bed on time was outside your control (Like people digging in the dumpster).

The biggest part here is that you didn't just go "I give up,  I will pick it back up again when we are settled". Sometimes, the fact your still working on it is a HUGE step. Great job.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 6:11 AM, Rookie said:

Woohoo I know you got 60% but I think you are killing it! Awesome job :) Food is where I would struggle a lot but you did amazing. 

Thanks. I feel ok with it all, it is just so much to still work through

On 6/5/2018 at 6:13 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Tateman

A 60 % is still pretty good considering. And in some of those cases, the reason you weren't on bed on time was outside your control (Like people digging in the dumpster).

The biggest part here is that you didn't just go "I give up,  I will pick it back up again when we are settled". Sometimes, the fact your still working on it is a HUGE step. Great job.

Yeah, I can't give up. I just have to keep pushing

Thanks for keeping on checking in on me. :)

So bad news. The place my wife interviewed with like 5 times decided to go another direction. SO no job offer. I was for sure thinking they would. So immediately it is back to freak out mode in my head. I am trying to keep it in line though. She was talking to some others still, so maybe it was just fate, and one of the other opportunities will pan out.

I told my wife that we will figure it out. If she can't get something in the next month or so though, things may start getting really desperate. Worse case, I get out there and get whatever job I can. I even gave my resume to guy, but their company has a hiring freeze. I do want to get back out and work, I just want to get some certification done, so it isn't just 8 years of no work. ;)

And very very worse case, we pack it all up, and go live with her sister for a bit. I really don't want that happening though.

I also noticed that I think my brain is trying to get a little self sabotage going. I am getting damn close to that 300 lbs mark. The last couple of days though, I am getting some hunger signals at odd times. I don't really feel hungry, but my brain wants me to eat. Then I started wanting to eat off keto things. Like King Eggroll, or I even though about a soda today. I hadn't had soda in a long ass time. Just suddenly though, my fat brain is trying to trick my into giving in or something. 

So I may have a few more freak out nights here and there. Not going to get off keto though. Still going to do my best to hit my numbers.

• Like 2

Hang on in there -  we're cheering you on through these tricky times. Tough luck for your wife and her interviews but maybe some new opportunity will open up

• Like 2

Tateman

I am sorry that job didn't work out. Hopefully you guys can get something soon. I know this is hard and I am starting to wonder if your brain is trying to control the food thing by saying "hey lets stress eat" instead of continuing to focus on the other things you can't control. It sounds like you are handling the food portions okay. I wish there was something we could do to help.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 1:13 AM, Rainelf said:

Hang on in there -  we're cheering you on through these tricky times. Tough luck for your wife and her interviews but maybe some new opportunity will open up

Hanging in there for sure :) Wife has calls with 3 places this coming week, and maybe a actual interview visit with one. So a busy week for sure

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Tateman

I am sorry that job didn't work out. Hopefully you guys can get something soon. I know this is hard and I am starting to wonder if your brain is trying to control the food thing by saying "hey lets stress eat" instead of continuing to focus on the other things you can't control. It sounds like you are handling the food portions okay. I wish there was something we could do to help.

I appreciate it :) I'm getting through it. Won't lie, I have been very tempted to just eat. Like I was trying to justify it "Oh, you can just go right back to eating keto once you move it" etc. I have not given in though! 

The other day, I made some Ketoconnect.net Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fat Bombs

They came out really good. Though my wife thought they were too bitter. I like the dark chocolate though, so they were fine for me. I think I could work on the sweetener level a bit though.

Still, these have been pretty good to help out with any sweet tooth issues. Oddly enough, I haven't had sweet cravings too much. Just wanted a Chocolate chip milkshake the other day, and ice cream. ;)

I'll get in a weekly update post next :)

• Like 1

Ok, time for a summary for this last week.

Moving sucks! :) This week, mentally I had all the things trying to make me give in. The self sabotage was trying to get in. I survived it though. Plenty of added stress with my wife not getting an offer from a place we thought for sure they would hire her. So that is still in the air.

Weight loss wise.. I am 300.5 lbs this morning. SO CLOSE! haha.

JQsSGlP.jpg

2.1 lbs lost this week. 67.1 lbs since January 1st. By next week, I hope to have hit that below 300 mark. We will see. Stress, and just normal weight fluctuations means I might just hover here.

06/04 MyFitnessPal - 1761 Calories, 5 net carbs

06/05 MyFitnessPal - 1721 Calories, 16 net carbs

06/06 MyFitnessPal - 1851 Calories, 10 net carbs

06/07 MyFitnessPal - 1737 Calories, 17 net carbs

06/08 MyFitnessPal - 1712 Calories, 15 net carbs

06/09 MyFitnessPal - 1748 Calories, 8 net carbs

06/10 MyFitnessPal - 1721 Calories, 10 net carbs

My eating has been fine. I have mostly been trying to stick with the intermittent fasting as well, but some days I eat early. I haven't had any late eating, or snacking though. I feel pretty good about how I have been sticking with this. There are getting more and more limited options while we move though. Hopefully, I can make quick and easy stuff to eat. Then at least, I don't worry so much.

7/7 points

Goal#2 - Sleep

06/04 - 2:08 am to 9:20 am. 5 hrs 36 mins. 13 x awake for 1 hr 36 mins  - 1.5 points

06/05 - 12:12 am to 8:58 am. 7 hrs 37 mins. 18 x awake for 1 hr 9 mins - 6 points

06/06 - 12:24 am to 8:40 am. 7 hrs 20 mins. 15 x awake for 56 mins - 6 points

06/07 - 2:16 am to 7:39 am. 4 hrs 48 mins. 15 x awake for 35 mins - 1.5 points

06/08 - 12:12 am to 8:13 am. 7 hrs 27 mins. 14 x awake for 34 mins - 6 points

06/09 - 11:55 pm to 7:41 am. 6 hrs 51 mins. 12 x awake for 55 mins - 6 points

06/10 - 1:12 am to 8:08 am. 6 hrs 0 mins. 16 x awake for 56 mins - 1.5 points

Again, I had some off days. A little freak out, a little just me doing stuff. I did read each day before i went to bed. Just sometimes, the times were off ;) 

28.5/42 points

Work is being made in pretty much all aspects of my list (and other things not listed haha)

• Go through computer equipment. Sell, and ewaste thing things I don't need (Mostly done. was wiping old hard drives before ewaste time.)
  • Setup new beds at the new place. To save some space, we have new beds frames for the kids. (1 of 2 done)
  • pack up items to be moved (dvds, toys, etc) (dvds are moved, lots of dishes, pictures)
  • Contact moving companies. I am tired of moving furniture all these years. Worth it to pay someone else to deal with it. :) (have sent out some feelers)
  • re box pictures. order boxes for comics (got in new comic boxes, did not rebox photos, need mroe supplies for comics)
  • sell off old bowling items, or trash/donate them if I can (started, tossed some that were cracked)
  • See if my sister wants my mothers crystal - Sister will take it when she comes down for the graduation party
  • Figure out how internet access will be in the new place for my older son's room and house in general. (ordered wireless nics for the kids computers)
  • Move smaller items/boxes we can pack up now. Movers can get the big items (Started moving some items already)(ongoing)

Our garage is mostly empty now. Just a few things in there. Sister in law needs to come get her shit still. They took a few boxes last time they were up here. Have one quote from some movers. Contacted Comcast today online. So we should get a call from them about moving service. I also rebuilt my PC, built up the one for my younger son, and ordered parts for it. Plus ordered wireless cards for the computers, and a wall mount for my oldest son's monitor. I need to get my computer stuff packed up, and moved over. Still need to get lmy oldests bed together over at the new place as well.

This might not happen. If it does, it will probably be after we are moved over. When I have actual time to deal with stuff like this haha.

35.5/49 points 72% Hey, a little better ;)

• Like 1

You're doing great getting things off your moving list - looks like you'll get all of that list sorted - well done. Deserve a big pat on the back for managing that and staying sane. Also great stuff with eating. Waiting to give loud cheer when you break the 300 barrier

• Like 2

I am super impressed you are doing so well with your eating considering everything. And if you miss the school part, that is okay. It sounds like a good chunk of your routines are still working, even if the times aren't. So I am calling for celebration on how well your doing. Keep it up.

• Like 1