Rookies Respawn

Rookie

Food check:        2,009+++/1794 cal (my best guess)

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 3+/3L
Exercise check:    Image result for check mark gif
Floss check:         Image result for check mark gif

Lunch was delicious and boy did that lady know how to upsell lol. I got a mango milkshake (best ever), fried green plantains as an app (thought my coworker would split it with me but decided not to once it came), 3-4 slices of pizza (pulled beef, green olives, raisins, stuffed crust with garlic sauce drizzle and hot sauce). The only issue I have now is how the hell do I count that lol  I tried to guess on my fitness pal lol So basically I should stop eating for the rest of the night. Which might not be an issue because I am stuffed.

Exericse... no clue what to do yet... might just walk one of the dogs..
Water I want more but I just filled it (then drank it) and its all the way in the basement where as I am on the second floor, I'm lazy and have to drive home in 30 mins lol.

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

4 hours ago, Rookie said:

Lunch was delicious and boy did that lady know how to upsell lol. I got a mango milkshake (best ever), fried green plantains as an app (thought my coworker would split it with me but decided not to once it came), 3-4 slices of pizza (pulled beef, green olives, raisins, stuffed crust with garlic sauce drizzle and hot sauce). The only issue I have now is how the hell do I count that lol  I tried to guess on my fitness pal lol So basically I should stop eating for the rest of the night. Which might not be an issue because I am stuffed.

Raisins... on a pizza?

I don't know if thats magic or heresy.

But trying to count it is probably definitely witchcraft LOL 

• Haha 2

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

On 06/06/2018 at 7:59 PM, Annabelle said:

Raisins... on a pizza?

I don't know if thats magic or heresy.

But trying to count it is probably definitely witchcraft LOL 

I think it would of been amazing if the raisins didn't burn lol kind of reminded me of an empanadas. 

• Confused 1

Food check:         Image result for check mark gif 1843/1794 cal 

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 3+/3L
Exercise check:    Image result for check mark gif Horseback riding
Floss check:         Image result for check mark gif

Today was an awesome day off. I painted, rode Daisy (who was great), hung out with my friend. Ate some really great food and had some great laughs. 

Update: Finally entered in my calories and I am counting it. I am surprised because I thought for sure I would be way over but then I remembered I ate 2 pickles for breakfast... and that helped. I am seriously considering IF again because clearly its what I need in my life but I just get so hungry at breakfast time lol

• Like 3

Food check:         1249/1794 cal 

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 3/3L
Exercise check:     Image result for check mark gif
Floss check:          Image result for check mark gif

I honestly completely forgot about floss this morning BUT since I was writing this out I was like ohhh yah. So I am going to go do that right now. Which I do.. yay me

Exercise will probably be cleaning the house because my friend is coming over tomorrow so I will need to mop, sweep, tidy certain areas. I would like to go to IKEA and get a small desk or table so I can have an art space where I don't have to constantly dismantle my work area every time I finish painting. I might write a list of goals to finish today since this is probably the closest thing to a journal I have. 

Today things

- Bring storage bin in kitchen downstairs

- Bring deep fryer to basement 

- Sweep the main floor

- Mop the kitchen floor 

- Clear off island

- Put slow cooker away 

- Tidy living room

- Empty bin of old college dishes 

- Tidy the top of both dogs crates
- Clean bathroom
- Put away the extra toilet paper and paper towel

Eventually things
- Get desk + lamp + small bookshelf + shelf (or 2) from Ikea

- Set up little art area in basement (Actually did it in living room because bf said basement was not good for painting which I agree)

- Fill storage bin thing with seasonal clothes

- Sort through clothes again

- Refill propane tank for BBQ goodness
- Sit down with BF and finally decide what we want to do with the basement 

Oh I forgot to tell you guys about my mini victory. I think it was Wednesday when I was super full from Cuban foods. Boyfriend wanted icecream, so I went to pick some up. I had free range to get whatever I wanted as long as it had chocolate and no mint .... so I got chocolate peanutbutter and I can't stand that flavour. So I did not partake in icecream. And yesterday I wanted icecream (ok I had icecream with my friend but I wanted more lol).... but I did not because again, I hate that flavour lol. Strategy win. 

• Like 5

Urgh I need to go to IKEA SO BAD ;_; I need more organization in my life, and my makeup/hair stuff is taking over my dresser.

I kinda wish I were home from work today to get some housework done. I did a bunch on Sunday (and holy cow, those carpet rakes are a HELLA workout) but I always feel like I can't keep up during the week :(

And WOOT victory! My hubby and our friends convinced me to get a slice of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory last night (we had dinner with them about two blocks from there). I did it - but I haven't actually eaten any yet. My goal is to nibble at it over the next week or so, just a bite here and there. Gotta savor that ish!

• Like 1

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

7 minutes ago, Annabelle said:

Urgh I need to go to IKEA SO BAD ;_; I need more organization in my life, and my makeup/hair stuff is taking over my dresser.

I kinda wish I were home from work today to get some housework done. I did a bunch on Sunday (and holy cow, those carpet rakes are a HELLA workout) but I always feel like I can't keep up during the week :(

And WOOT victory! My hubby and our friends convinced me to get a slice of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory last night (we had dinner with them about two blocks from there). I did it - but I haven't actually eaten any yet. My goal is to nibble at it over the next week or so, just a bite here and there. Gotta savor that ish!

Riiiight? I need all the organization but its so hard. Because I am the worst at it. I would like an IKEA consultant (do they have those?) to come to my house and be like "nonono you are doing it all wrong" then wave their magic wand and fix everything... 

Luckily its work from home day so I don't have my stupid hour commute to do. But on top of all that cleaning I need to figure out dinner. 

Lol I hate cheesecake but the people I know who love it really adore it so I can imagine. Damn your restraint is amazing lol. 

• Like 1

Food check:         ???/1794 cal 

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 3/3L
Exercise check:     ???

Today I hung out with my one friend from 11-4. We played board games, went for lunch and then played more board games lol I know for sure I'm over calories today. For lunch we went to a BBQ place where I got a giant fresh made with real icecream strawberry milkshake, a giant brisket sandwich with a side of tater tots. I didn't even make a dent in the tater tots I was so full. I also ate probably 5 cupcakes I made some time from 9am-4pm. And then I went to my friends food party where we ate good foods that she made from her cooking school. We also played a bunch of games. One of them was blanket charades lol what a weird but fun game.

I drank lots of water today but still feel so thirsty and I think it's because of the salty foods. I didn't really get exercise today so I missed out on that one. I doubt I'm going to get my 10 mins today. 

I'm thinking of making it so on the weekend I have to intake 3600 calories spread over the 2 days. It doesn't matter if I go over my normal limit in a day as long as I don't go over 3600. 

Blanket charades if anyone is interested:

There's 3 rounds... Everyone puts 3 pieces of paper in a bowl... On them is a person, place and thing. Round one you have 1 minute to get through as many words as possible by saying words that describe the word on the paper (without actually saying the word). Second round it's the same words and you can only say 1 word to describe the word on the paper. Third round you can't use any words but you need to act out the word... But under a blanket lol 

• Like 1

Sunday
Food check:         ???/1794 cal 

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 
Exercise check:     Image result for check mark gif

Honestly I didn't bother tracking yesterday... But anywho I will share what I had. Yesterday I ate more cake and deemed that my breakfast because I am a grownup.. clearly. Lunch was 12 swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, veggies, extra gravy and lingdon berry sauce (Ikea FTW). Dinner was a "lil" fish burrito... it was not small ... I would say it was just regular sized. And somewhere in there I had more cake. We are talking a single 9" round pan betty crocker pan cake with a layer of vanilla icing.  

Image result for matilda cake gif

My Mum popped by unexpectedly yesterday lol it only took 3 years of living in my house for one of the sets of parents to accept the "stop by any time" invitation. We then went to IKEA together for lunch since I planned on going anyways and I know she loves the meatballs as much as I do. Most of my childhood I remember being at IKEA lol. So obviously since I went to IKEA that means I did my IKEA chores and I made my little art corner which I am SUPER pumped about. I got a bookshelf to add to our collection of bookshelves lol a desk and a lamp. 

image.png.356f8cf82bb9cd29f9076220bda62bda.png

And here is it looking all fancy and in action.
image.thumb.png.439bf49d9bbf8d990faaa68b0c30dca1.png

So my exercise was IKEA walking and IKEA assembling lol I feel very accomplished... at least in this department of my life. The chair is temporary haha it is a bit big yet small for painting.

• Like 2

Weekly Grading 
Control the Noms:     3/7  [1 point] 

Hydrate Fool              7/7   [3 points] (+1)
Shake dat Booty        6/7  [2 points] (-1)

Jaws                           7/7  [2 points]

8 Points == A (same as last week)

(Just noticed no one corrected my bad simple math from last week lol)

Weekly Reflection:
Food: I did not improve but I stayed the same. I would actually say I did worse lol because I didn't even bother tracking Saturday/Sunday. I didn't do groceries or attempt to meal prep. 

Water: Nailed it

Exercise: I forgot one day but I did good and I am getting more yard work and house chores done ..which I have been meaning to do lol So double win. 

Floss: Also nailed it and it is literally only because of this challenge lol. Hoping a habit will form. 

Overall: I am disappointed in my lack of control for food or letting myself get overly full. I really need to get the food under control. At this point I do not think I am getting my 5lb loss goal. 

• Like 1

A bad week is not the end of the world. You may not get the 5 lb loss, but  you have done great till this week. So say "okay, it was a bad week. Time to regroup and get back at it." Remember, you are not trying to do a short term loss and then give up what you are doing. You are trying to make habits that will last. So sometimes there will be a week with cake for breakfast and games with friends and no time to track. But then the next day comes and you can start over.

The habits will form, just don't let one bad week tell you different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

31 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

A bad week is not the end of the world. You may not get the 5 lb loss, but  you have done great till this week. So say "okay, it was a bad week. Time to regroup and get back at it." Remember, you are not trying to do a short term loss and then give up what you are doing. You are trying to make habits that will last. So sometimes there will be a week with cake for breakfast and games with friends and no time to track. But then the next day comes and you can start over.

The habits will form, just don't let one bad week tell you different.

You are very right! I just gotta keep on keeping on because I am in it for the long haul. 

• Like 1

Food check:          Image result for check mark gif 1344/1794 cal 

Water check:          Image result for check mark gif 3/3L
Exercise check:     Image result for check mark gif (riding)

Allergies or sickness is hitting me hard today. I am guessing allergies. Excuse me while I remove my head for a bit of relief. 

Edit: Headache of dull pain is still lingering. My lunch is a campbells soup and I am finding it rather salty and hard to eat. It is making my headache worse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tateman said:

OMG, I love me some Calvin and Hobbes :) I saw the cartoon before I read. Immediately thought "This style looks familiar"

Art area looks great.

Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are 0 fun  

Haha yesss <3 I do love Calvin and Hobbes. 

I love my art area. Its amazing how just having a space can help.

I am pretty sure its allergies but I have no clue lol I just want to be 100% lol 

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Feel better

Thanks Bean. I feel a bit better but its a weird lingery "I almost feel good but not quite 100%" its frustrating 

========================

I didn't end up eating all my soup at lunch. Way too salty and made me feel worse. Riding Daisy helped a bit but feeling a bit meh still. Trying to finish my my overtime work cause my boss let me leave early to go ride then go home since my head was not in the game.

• Like 1

I have been thinking about my bucket list lately... Because what is life without goals and a taste of adventure.

- Go to Fishman Lobster Clubhouse and order the giant plate of lobster

- Go to Sterling Brunch in Las Vegas

- Go on a trip with Shannon (oldest friend who has traveled the world)

- Go overnight camping with horses

- See the mountains

- See a wild orca

- Go to Iceland

- Do a food tour in Japan

- Make a fire with primitive methods

- Get a tattoo

- Get a spontaneous tattoo while traveling somewhere 
- Do another horse show but keeping it together this time and not wrecking myself mentally after haha

- Show with my barn friend Linds (step up from last one because she went up a division)

- Get a horse

- Break a horse (train it from scratch)

- Buy a baby horse
- See Northern Lights in person

- Make a fire with nothing but natural found materials

- Make my own bow

- Make a "survival" spear

• Like 3

Food check:          +++/1794 cal 

Water check:         Image result for check mark gif 3/3L
Exercise check:    ???

I had a mini victory this morning. Yesterday I used up all my bathroom floss so I planned ahead by making sure to put the spare (from the car) in my backpack which I knew would end up upstairs by my bathroom. Today was a bit hectic cause I decided to drive boyfriend to his train this morning because he only got 4hrs of sleep with all the overtime he is doing lately and he couldnt form sentences lol so no way was I going to let him drive... even with the change in routine and getting up an hour earlier than usual ... I still flossed. I went to my bag and got my floss and did it. Planning for success! 

Yesterday I decided to take a break from the horse painting and work on a different painting and I am almost done it lol Its of my friends husbands dog Sniff who died of old age a few months ago. 

sniff.jpg.d1ebe5bec6d1778e3c6351c6675ba09a.jpg

I expect to finish this tonight then I will start back on the horse painting. I am actually excited how fast I was able to paint this because the horses are taking 10 years it seems lol. I have spent 2.5hrs on the dog so far.

As for exercise.... I am not sure what to do for it today, its a rainy muggy humid day. 

--- Broke down and got a snack / lunch supplement from McDonalds. I might put my lunch in the fridge and have it tomorrow.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2018 at 8:50 AM, Rookie said:

I have been thinking about my bucket list lately... Because what is life without goals and a taste of adventure.

- Go to Fishman Lobster Clubhouse and order the giant plate of lobster

- Go to Sterling Brunch in Las Vegas

- Go on a trip with Shannon (oldest friend who has traveled the world)

- Go overnight camping with horses

- See the mountains

- See a wild orca

- Go to Iceland

- Do a food tour in Japan

- Make a fire with primitive methods

- Get a tattoo

- Get a spontaneous tattoo while traveling somewhere 
- Do another horse show but keeping it together this time and not wrecking myself mentally after haha

- Show with my barn friend Linds (step up from last one because she went up a division)

- Get a horse

- Break a horse (train it from scratch)

I love bucket lists ♥ I have a board on Pinterest for a few, and I've put a bunch on my epic quest. Iceland and a Japanese food tour are both on my lists too (though I haven't added Japan to my Epic Quest page yet). Come to think of it, lately a LOT of food tours are on my list.. I wanna hit the Tardis bar in New York (a Doctor Who themed bar =D), gotta get clam chowder in Boston, classic Chicago-style pizza in Chicago, go to a Hawaiian luau, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

The painting of the dog is so pretty. I am sure your friend will love it.

Great job on being prepared and getting your flossing in. And I hope your boyfriend got some sleep. I have hit that point too where words are hard so he really needs the sleep.

Your going great. Keep it up.

Thank you! I am really proud with how the painting turned out and as promised I have the finished picture :)

He went to bed around 11:45-12 last night and decided he was not going to be doing overtime last night which was nice because we got to enjoy dinner together. Plus he took Friday off so he can rest and recoop.

15 minutes ago, Annabelle said:

I love bucket lists ♥ I have a board on Pinterest for a few, and I've put a bunch on my epic quest. Iceland and a Japanese food tour are both on my lists too (though I haven't added Japan to my Epic Quest page yet). Come to think of it, lately a LOT of food tours are on my list.. I wanna hit the Tardis bar in New York (a Doctor Who themed bar =D), gotta get clam chowder in Boston, classic Chicago-style pizza in Chicago, go to a Hawaiian luau, etc.

Oh is the food exciting in Iceland? I honestly just want to go there because its so pretty. And you reminded me of another thing on my bucket list I forgot to add. See the northern lights in  person! Ohh all your epic quest food tours sound lovely <3 Definitely need to add Japan to yours stat! 

• Like 1