• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stribs

Stribs Doesn't Tap Out

So, last challenge was a total wash.  May is, by far, the busiest month of the school year and I failed at balance, but, you know what we do when we fail, WE RANGER ON, DAMMIT. And that's just what I'm here to do.  Last challenge, when life got busy and things got hard, we tapped out, but not this time.

In the spirit of not tapping out, this will be a WWE inspired challenge.

giphy.gif

A lot of my goals will be the same, but will be inspired by some of my favorite superstars!!

Workout Goal: Braun Strowman

giphy.gif

Currently dubbed "the monster among men," Braun Strowman is not only strong, but he is FAST.  Braun Strowman has the strength and the cardio, which is exactly what I want, so I will be emulating braun (as much as a 5'6" girl that weighs 155 can, ha)

Goals Per week: 

• Gym x3 (until June 8, then gym x5)
  • Bike x1 (until June  8 then bike x2) (can trade 1 gym day for an extra bike day)

BONUS GOAL: The Charlotte Flair

giphy.gif

While I don't need to be doing splits or back flips, I really want to get more flexible (I am terribly stiff all the time) So I want to incorporate a better, more involved stretching routine after my workouts, as well as try a regular yoga class or two.  I hot yogaed once, it was terrible.

Nutrition Goal: Sheamus

giphy.gif

This is a man that definitely eats his protein!  And recently, while my meals have been pretty compliant to my calorie goals, I have basically been eating whatever, so I need to start prioritizing healthy eating that isn't just counting calories, but also takes into account the kind on nutrients my body needs.

Weekly Goals:

• Meal Prep every week to shop and plan calories in advance
  • Stay at 1700 calories a day
  • (and finally, since I have time) figure out your macros and stick to them.

BONUS GOAL: THE CESARO

giphy.gif

Sheamus is currently a member of a tag team, and his partner is Cesaro.  So, my bonus goal here, will be to be a supportive wife and keep my husband on track as he starts to eat healthier as well.

Mental Health Goal: RUSEV

giphy.gif

This is Rusev, and in his world, every day is RUSEV DAY!!  I want to channel some of his self love and remember to take time for me this summer.

GOALS:

• Take my meds daily
  • Finish my novel (10k words to go)
  • Read at 2 books

(will add to this as I think of more)

BONUS GOAL: The Carmella

giphy.gif

Now, don't get my wrong, Carmella is currently one of the most annoying Starts in the WWE universe, BUT she hardcore believes in herself and takes advantage of opportunities presented to her.  So, channeling her, I want to try to make money off of one of my short stories this summer.

Organization: Paige

tumblr_p6zvg0XZSV1rmv1vdo2_500.gif

So, Paige recently found out she could no longer wrestle due to an injury, BUT she was given a brand new job as general manager of Smackdown Live, she is doing a great job at running the show and keeping everything as organized as possible (in a show all about drama, ha) so I want to emulate her, here.

Goals:

• Get back on track with dailies
  • Work toward creating a better organizational strategy for myself and paper
  • Keep my car clean
  • Put things back where they belong

BONUS GOAL: THE ASUKA

giphy.gif

She had a 942 day undefeated streak.  I would like to think I could keep a streak up with my dailies for the entire challenge.  LET'S GO!!!!

Well, there you have it!  I'm super stoked and ready to go!!!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I know nothing about WWE, but this challenge looks fun!

It's basically a soap opera with some fake fighting in it.  But for whtever reason, I love it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stribs said:

It's basically a soap opera with some fake fighting in it.  But for whtever reason, I love it.

It sounds like a better version of reality shows (because you know it's fake and they are actors and not manipulated people) and other various junk TV. I could see why it would be appealing. Hope you do well.

• Like 2

Good that you might give yoga another try. There is a HUGE variety in yoga styles (even among the non-hot-yoga styles), so don't give up if you think it might appeal.

• Like 1

FOUND YOOOUUUU

I don't know who Rusev is but I LOVE HIM HE IS SO HAPPY GOSH what a joyful bro :DDDD

Glad you are back and have survived the school year!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, deftona said:

ERMAGERD WRASSLIN IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST LOVES AND I AM TOTALLY HERE FOR THIS

I'd like to draw your attention once again to this gif that was in the original post.

23 hours ago, Stribs said:

giphy.gif

Stribs, please excuse the aside, Following again.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2018 at 8:41 PM, Stribs said:

Now, don't get my wrong, Carmella is currently one of the most annoying Starts in the WWE universe, BUT she hardcore believes in herself and takes advantage of opportunities presented to her.  So, channeling her, I want to try to make money off of one of my short stories this summer.

Btw, what do you write? If I find any paid anthologies that fit the bill, if you want I can send them your way. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Echocheanic said:

Btw, what do you write? If I find any paid anthologies that fit the bill, if you want I can send them your way. :D

What I am looking to sell this summer is short fiction.  I have a story about a woman waiting for an actual romance novel man (she has a delusion that they are real) it's like a satire on a lot of romance tropes.  That is the one I would say is the most ready.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 4:19 PM, deftona said:

ERMAGERD WRASSLIN IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST LOVES AND I AM TOTALLY HERE FOR THIS

I just recently got back into it the last few months.  I watched consistently in 2012 but then lost touch when I moved back to the states.  Found it on hulu...husband immediately regrets getting hulu...haha

On 5/26/2018 at 8:16 PM, Xena said:

Good that you might give yoga another try. There is a HUGE variety in yoga styles (even among the non-hot-yoga styles), so don't give up if you think it might appeal.

I am open to any apps or types that encourage overall flexibility/balance.  I know I chose the wrong yoga for my first yoga, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

On 5/27/2018 at 11:05 AM, shaar said:

FOUND YOOOUUUU

I don't know who Rusev is but I LOVE HIM HE IS SO HAPPY GOSH what a joyful bro :DDDD

Glad you are back and have survived the school year!!

Rusev is quite wonderful, in a "I'm gonna beat your ass then smile about it" kind of way!  I'm glad to be back, and only 8 more school days to freedom (and 5 of those are exam days!)

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Stribs, please excuse the aside, Following again.

No apologies needed, I must have missed an anti pancake rant in my absence, but it's cool, welcome back!

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

here Stribs, looking forward to you crushing your goals :) xx

Samesies!!!!  Glad to see you!!

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm here for all the fun and awesomeness and that soap opera with fake fighting and all that! 

If I could live my life again, I might have tried to be one of them, haha.  Welcome!!

5 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Woah, you mean business this challenge. Here to watch you smash your goals!

That's the plan!  Welcome back!!

So far so good today.  Just got back from the gym (despite monsoon conditions).  Going at peak hours reminds me of why I like to go at the butt crack of dawn.  I was stretching at the power rack before squats and a college student asked to work in with me because we only have one power rack and I probably looked like an easier target than the other guy working on the different rack next to me.  It's whatever; I'm easy.  And everything went peachy until he finishes his sets before me, leaves, and I find a PILE OF DISCARDED WEIGHTS on the side that he had been unloading and reloading for us. 

giphy.gif

Pick up your shit, people.  I'm sure all of you lovely rangers that lift weights clean up after yourself, but for real, did homeboy not see me putting away the ones on my side every time?  Hence, I will probably continue going at the butt crack of dawn to avoid this peak hours crap because my morning people know how to clean up their stations.

Other than that, food is on target today, so far.  Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns for breakfast and a protein shake after my workout just now.  Lunch will probably be a sandwich and dinner will be chicken and a vegetable.  Will probably snack on a yogurt somewhere in there too.

To any of my fellow rangers who have served our country, happy memorial day, you the REAL MVP!!!!

• Like 4

Sadly, part of the reason I no longer go to the gym is that I couldn't face the fight for a power rack or access to the weights in the evenings. I loved my uni gym and would consider a membership again - even though it's much more expensive when you're not a student!! - but it only opens at 06.30, and whilst theoretically I could make it there and then to work, it would be a squeeze, and I like getting to work 1/2 hour early. It means my managers are much more flexible about me wanting to leave early on race weekends and other events! Then again, adding weight training back to a already hectic schedule... maybe not! 

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns for breakfast and a protein shake after my workout just now. 

No one warned me there were other threads like Tanks to make me drool over their food! Sounds yum!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Sadly, part of the reason I no longer go to the gym is that I couldn't face the fight for a power rack or access to the weights in the evenings. I loved my uni gym and would consider a membership again - even though it's much more expensive when you're not a student!! - but it only opens at 06.30, and whilst theoretically I could make it there and then to work, it would be a squeeze, and I like getting to work 1/2 hour early. It means my managers are much more flexible about me wanting to leave early on race weekends and other events! Then again, adding weight training back to a already hectic schedule... maybe not! 

I'm pretty lucky that my gym opens at 5am.  It's usually me and another girl, and while she usually gets there before me, if I do one of my other exercises first, it's perfect timing.

5 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

No one warned me there were other threads like Tanks to make me drool over their food! Sounds yum!

Oops.  My bad. Ha.

• Like 2

dang. Why the heck don't people put stuff away!??? It's especially bad when they leave shit around and you can't tell if they are still using it.

My gym also has a lot of older folks. Some badass fit old folks. Some wobbly old folks working hard on their rehab-type stuff. And some old folks who just like to hang out and pretend to exercise. A guy was sitting on the leg extension machine today reading a newspaper and occasionally raising his legs. Seriously???

• Like 3

It is TOTALLY monsoon season!!!! Y I K E S.

I think I'm weird because I like reracking weights 'cause it's almost like... an extra workout or something.  I have to rack them in size order too or else I feel a little uneasy WHO PUTS THE 45s ON THE OUTSIDE ANYWAY AUUGGHH

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shaar said:

It is TOTALLY monsoon season!!!! Y I K E S.

I think I'm weird because I like reracking weights 'cause it's almost like... an extra workout or something.  I have to rack them in size order too or else I feel a little uneasy WHO PUTS THE 45s ON THE OUTSIDE ANYWAY AUUGGHH

Whoever re-racks at the Y at night wants me to lose my mind sone days.  I come into multiple stacks of the same weight on the stack And then there will be no 10s or 45s and im stuck with a shit ton of fives and there will be different weights all stacked one one.  Like, there is enough room for one stack of every weight per side...get it right!!

10 minutes ago, Xena said:

dang. Why the heck don't people put stuff away!??? It's especially bad when they leave shit around and you can't tell if they are still using it.

Or when people set up "stations" and rotate through while simultaneously blocking like 4 pieces of equipment!!

10 minutes ago, Xena said:

My gym also has a lot of older folks. Some badass fit old folks. Some wobbly old folks working hard on their rehab-type stuff. And some old folks who just like to hang out and pretend to exercise. A guy was sitting on the leg extension machine today reading a newspaper and occasionally raising his legs. Seriously???

I haven't seen much of that around my gym, thankfully, but again, that's why I go at 5am.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammlin said:

I am following along. Mostly because the doggo on your pic is <333

You like puppers, I see.  That's my Diamond.  She was my engagement dog instead of a ring.  We have two others as well but pictures are being difficult on my phone.

Welcome!!

1527537129727377894500.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammlin said:

Oh hello sweet angel <3

We are dog people in these parts.  Let me go find your challenge real fast.