Elastigirl : The Mission Continues

12 hours ago, Devyn said:

OMG I love this challenge and the tie in to the new movie!

Thanks. Glad you are back.

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ooh eagles! That's so cool!

It was pretty cool

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Goals:

Morning routine;yep

good start: switched a few things around, did my workout before friends came over and did dishes in the afternoon, but I was happy that I was able to do a workout before friends showed up

eating mindfully: slow down; yes prayer before lunch yes (though it was easy to remember because I ate with friends who prayed)

walked 11,000 steps

workout 

5 circuits

5  jump squats

10 reverse lunges

10 curtsy squat

10 side lunges

10 roll to pistol

30 sec x 6 jump rope

then just now finished playing around with some arm balances, which was fun despite the fact that they are all way harder then I could do

• Like 2

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 5/29/2018 at 11:20 AM, Wolfpool said:

skin the car on Rings 2!

Skin the car sounds WAY more difficult than cat. LOL.

Image result for skin the cat

On 5/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, well it won't really be date night, because my son is going to be there, but that's a very cool thing.

Family dates are a thing too. I'm glad you all get to go! 

OH, and did your son go that conference with Mr. I? I never had a chance to follow up with that last challenge. 

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Eagles are so fun to watch. I saw one the other day in a completely unusual place! Usually we only see them near water, but it must have been doing some hunting over the fields. I love that there are enough of them now that they are showing up down here, but it's still so fun to go up North where they are all over the place (and you can see their nests!)

• Like 1

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

4 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Skin the car sounds WAY more difficult than cat. LOL.

Image result for skin the cat

Family dates are a thing too. I'm glad you all get to go! 

OH, and did your son go that conference with Mr. I? I never had a chance to follow up with that last challenge. 

Wolf

:lol: Well both skin the car and cat sound kind of violent and weird, really.;)

He was only able to go to the Saturday part. I knew the Friday was iffy. He had a big project deadline. He thought he was all set, and then Friday afternoon they found a bug, which revealed more bugs, and so on, and he ended up working until 10 p.m. that night. God is in control of all things though, so I know it worked out just as God planned.

12 minutes ago, Haikoo said:

Eagles are so fun to watch. I saw one the other day in a completely unusual place! Usually we only see them near water, but it must have been doing some hunting over the fields. I love that there are enough of them now that they are showing up down here, but it's still so fun to go up North where they are all over the place (and you can see their nests!)

They are. I've actually seen a couple flying around by my house. By house is just in the suburbs, but the must have a nest somewhere close by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xena said:

Keeping good company should count for something too :-)

Yes it does! I love having lunch with my friends. 

Goal Strong start:

4 days in a row, and I made a score sheet in my poor underused Bullet Journal so I can see my progress

Morning routine; yes

Mindful eating

prayer before lunch, nope forgetting; set it up just now so my phone will remind me

eating slow; hmm, I think so, I sorta forget this we ate ate we had haircuts and I was hungry and forgot, but I don't think I ate super fast or anything

step count 12,074

• Like 2

Video of my baby muscle up on rings

• Like 9

2 hours ago, @mu said:

Awesome video!

Thanks!

This weekend:

Did my workout Saturday. Then tidied the house,  and prepped dinner, since we were having friends over. I made potato salad, and then we barbecued bratwurst. Had a good time with our friends. My friend was in a 100 mile bike race/ride and completed it. I was super impressed with him.  After dinner, hubby started a fire in the fire pit, and we roasted marshmallows and made s'more. Mr. I had even found some gluten free graham crackers for me! I did end up over eating a bit though, between brats and s'more. My plan had been to eat light during the day, but after my workout, I was super hungry, so that didn't really work. Sunday I ate low carb and a bit under calories. It  was basically a sedentary day, we did go for a short walk, but other than that, I just sat around for most of the day.

Not really decided on what my food plan is. I'm sort of on maintenance, but maybe I don' care if I eat a bit over that, so I could build muscle. But I'm afraid of gaining fat during swimsuit and short season. But right now is a good time to build muscle with the ring program. Maybe I'll just eat maintenance, with some I don't care days thrown in , and see what happens.

Week 1

Morning Routine: Yep

Strong Start: 5 days in a row!

Mindful eating: struggled a bit on remembering to pray, but now I've set up my cell phone to remind me and it is going better. This really only takes a couple of minutes, it's just remembering 

Slow down my eating: going well

copy and paste from my GMB training log today

I switched workout days and did day 3 week 7 today. I needed to do it indoors, since it was raining, and this day 1 is hard to do with my doorway ring set -up.

My arms felt tired starting out. I did my workout on Saturday, since Monday we were geocaching and I didn’t do it. Which meant I only had one day off. So, I just listened to my body ad did how many reps I could with good form. The lower reps may have also been because last week I was just learning the moves, and this week I could focus more on form.

Baby muscle- up. Worked on keeping my elbows glued to my sides. I didn’t really think about Chris’s advice to work on pulling myself up vs standing until the second set. But at the second set, I focused on that and could feel the difference. Just takes getting used to with the false grip. Also the first thing to give out and be ready for a break was my palms. They are really unused to having pressure on them!

tuck to shoulder stand: Having allergies, so my head was not super happy about being upside down. But I felt strong in the movement. other than that.

top position to tuck hold;
worked on holding each position for a bit. Kept my toes on ground for the most past. I wasn’t videoing, but it felt to me like I was able to keep myself much straighter and my shoulder were down. Very interesting, it felt like my body was co-operating more in the shoulders down movement instead of fighting it so hard.

DId stretches afterward.

baby muscle up 8-5-6-5 (last numbers are lower when I started to focus more on the pull)
tuck shoulder stand
5-5-5-4
top position to tuck hold 5-6-6-6

• Like 6

Following .... better late than never, right??  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

56 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Following .... better late than never, right??  

glad to see you my friend!

Today is a 7 day chain of my starting my workout at my goal time!

And I wanted to write about something I've been mulling over. While I was vacationing with my family, there were times when things were said by my extended famil (not hubby), or I perceived them to be said, that made me feel like I was eating too much. It's important to note that some of that was just my over sensitiveness, and none of it was meant to be mean , sometimes people say things without thinking how they sound. 

That evening I started to fix myself some dinner, and I asked hubby is he wanted me to leave out the food, so he could fix himself something. He said ,"No thanks, I'm not hungry'

To which I replied, "I'm always hungry" and I was trying to be funny, but I was also saying it in a way to put myself down. Then I went to the other room , and came back in just a few minutes. My husband was eating an apple. I looked at him, and said in a pretty accusatory voice, "I thought you said you weren't hungry" He just sort of looked at me and said " He felt like he wanted an apple. I then apologized because the poor guy was just eating an apple.;) But I thought about why I was angry , and why I was feeling down on myself.  I realized that I was feeling guilty because I was hungry, like there was something wrong with me. This is not new. I am the one who eats more when we get together with friends, and sometimes I eat as much as my husband does.And sometimes that makes me feel guilty.  Truth is , I do get hungry. But the other truth is, for most of my life I maintained a healthy weight, and then I had some years where I was overweight. Then I lost weight, and have maintained that weight loss, and gained strength for 7 years. I want to Burninate that guilt feeling I get when I enjoy my food and eat until I am full. I want to Burninate comparing myself  to how much other people eat. I am me, I know what I need to eat, and I , do a really good job of regulating that.

• Like 11

Light that thing on fire, girl. You are absolutely right. You took years to get to this point and learn what your body needs and you are doing a fantastic job. You did exactly what Steve is talking about in his latest article and you don't need to hold on to that guilt any longer.  Sometimes people say things because there is some inner guilt for themselves. They wish they were at that spot where they could be fit and know exactly what they can eat and what their body needs. It's really more their own issue rather than a jab at you. It can be hard to remember that and not overthink comments. 

• Like 3

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

29 minutes ago, Haikoo said:

Light that thing on fire, girl. You are absolutely right. You took years to get to this point and learn what your body needs and you are doing a fantastic job. You did exactly what Steve is talking about in his latest article and you don't need to hold on to that guilt any longer.  Sometimes people say things because there is some inner guilt for themselves. They wish they were at that spot where they could be fit and know exactly what they can eat and what their body needs. It's really more their own issue rather than a jab at you. It can be hard to remember that and not overthink comments. 

Thanks!I really enjoyed that article. Mainly because to me it was more validation that what i was doing was working. I've had time where I try to be "perfect" Paleo and all that does is make me rebel and want to eat more junk. I agree people say things out of an inner guilty, or maybe just from their perspective, or whatever. A lot of the times I feel guilty, it's not even directed at me. It's just women saying how full they are after eating two bites, and I feel guilty because I want to eat more. But next time I feel that way, I'm going to remind myself that I really am doing a good job at this eating thing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That evening I started to fix myself some dinner, and I asked hubby is he wanted me to leave out the food, so he could fix himself something. He said ,"No thanks, I'm not hungry'

To which I replied, "I'm always hungry" and I was trying to be funny, but I was also saying it in a way to put myself down. Then I went to the other room , and came back in just a few minutes. My husband was eating an apple. I looked at him, and said in a pretty accusatory voice, "I thought you said you weren't hungry" He just sort of looked at me and said " He felt like he wanted an apple. I then apologized because the poor guy was just eating an apple.;) But I thought about why I was angry , and why I was feeling down on myself.  I realized that I was feeling guilty because I was hungry, like there was something wrong with me. This is not new. I am the one who eats more when we get together with friends, and sometimes I eat as much as my husband does.And sometimes that makes me feel guilty.  Truth is , I do get hungry. But the other truth is, for most of my life I maintained a healthy weight, and then I had some years where I was overweight. Then I lost weight, and have maintained that weight loss, and gained strength for 7 years. I want to Burninate that guilt feeling I get when I enjoy my food and eat until I am full. I want to Burninate comparing myself  to how much other people eat. I am me, I know what I need to eat, and I , do a really good job of regulating that.

That is some awesome self-awareness. I'm proud of you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

34 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You workout out hard and regularly. You need the calories. Tell your brain to shut up.

:) truth, and I plan on it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That is some awesome self-awareness. I'm proud of you.

thank you

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Awesome EG, proud of you xx

Thanks !

• Like 2

People need different amount of calories. I am one of those that usually eats everyone else under the table and let me tell you the comments are annoying, but they don't know your life. Food is fuel, for both your body and mentally. Attaching guilt to that can make it bad at its function. Yeah it's though but you've got this. I fell like we all need that reminder sometimes.

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today is a 7 day chain of my starting my workout at my goal time!

Awesome job!!

sometimes people say things without thinking how they sound.

Truth! The right words at the right time seem to be hard for many folks. Or, more accurately, the wrong words at the wrong time seem too easy for some folks.

I want to Burninate that guilt feeling I get when I enjoy my food and eat until I am full. I want to Burninate comparing myself  to how much other people eat. I am me, I know what I need to eat, and I , do a really good job of regulating that.

There you go! I like where your mind is at!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Videos' from todays workout:

• Like 3