Elastigirl : The Mission Continues

5 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

People need different amount of calories. I am one of those that usually eats everyone else under the table and let me tell you the comments are annoying, but they don't know your life. Food is fuel, for both your body and mentally. Attaching guilt to that can make it bad at its function. Yeah it's though but you've got this. I fell like we all need that reminder sometimes.

Being aware of the messages we tell ourselves is the best way I know to fight it

3 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Awesome job!!

Truth! The right words at the right time seem to be hard for many folks. Or, more accurately, the wrong words at the wrong time seem too easy for some folks.

There you go! I like where your mind is at!

Thanks, I  often have the wrong words at the wrong time, so I understand when other people struggle 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Oh yea, when it comes to knowing what you can eat ..... you do.  

1.jpg

When I was studying karate seriously, I was eating a good deal more than hubby ... who outweighed me by nearly 100 pounds.  

You got this "food is fuel" thing"!!!

• Like 3

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

On 2018-06-05 at 12:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

I realized that I was feeling guilty because I was hungry, like there was something wrong with me.

I used to get that feeling around my ex a lot. Partly it’s a problem with being raised as a woman - even if our relationship with food is pretty healthy, most of us still have a complicated relationship with other people’s opinion of our relationship with food because that’s the culture. And it’s extra hard when people around you are strange mutants who don’t need food or sleep on the regular like the rest of us mere mortals, or when your activity level is way higher than theirs. But you sound like you have pretty healthy eating habits. It might be worth having a word with your husband about how you felt when he turned down dinner. If he’s really not hungry of course it’s important for him to listen to his body too but I hope he’d be able to do so without hurting your feelings, especially if you were already sensitive from dealing with negative comments while on vacation. 

• Like 2

It's not  my husband who eats less than normal. Funny story is I actually did talk to him about it, and the truth was he had felt the same way over the weekend. So I think his saying he wan no hungry and then eating the apple was just him sort of testing how hungry he was really.

• Like 2

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

40 minutes ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Oh yea, when it comes to knowing what you can eat ..... you do.  

1.jpg

When I was studying karate seriously, I was eating a good deal more than hubby ... who outweighed me by nearly 100 pounds.  

You got this "food is fuel" thing"!!!

:) Thanks, and I do need to remember that I'm active.The thing that gets me sometimes is that even on days I'm not active (like the vacation weekend) I still get as hungry, well maybe no as hungry, but I still need to eat a substantial amount. But, I seem to be good at maintaining, so I just need to not let it worry me.

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I reckon you should turn it on its head and be like "Hell yeah I get to eat ALL the food - SUCK it all you sedentary people!" :D 

:lol:

Yep, this. When my friends ask me why they need muscles I need to point to them eating two bites of salad and me eating French fries, and say this is why you need muscles.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

How did I miss your thread? I'm so sorry. I only realised now that I haven't received any updates from you so I went looking. Going to catch up... ooh those bald eagles! We have similar eagles called Fish Eagles.

No problems.

I googled Fish Eagles. They look exactly like bald eagles to me. Not sure what, if any, the difference is. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

Then I lost weight, and have maintained that weight loss, and gained strength for 7 years. I want to Burninate that guilt feeling I get when I enjoy my food and eat until I am full. I want to Burninate comparing myself  to how much other people eat. I am me, I know what I need to eat, and I , do a really good job of regulating that.

Wowsers, that is what I want to do! Gain strength and maintain my weight! And with all the muscle you've built comes higher energy consumption, so food needs to be eaten! And you really look good in your videos.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

But next time I feel that way, I'm going to remind myself that I really am doing a good job at this eating thing.

:loyal: You are, and you are teaching us as well. But I know how you feel, as I often listen to what others say and critically look at myself even though the comment wasn't aimed at me.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

23 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

No problems.

I googled Fish Eagles. They look exactly like bald eagles to me. Not sure what, if any, the difference is. 

Same genus ( Haliaeetus first part of name), different species (leucocephalus vs. vocifer). Their family! I knew they were related, not how close :D Found this video on the differences, as I was now curious as well. Never looked it up before. And of course... the most distinct thing about the fish eagle :D it's call.

Bald eagle call vs Fish eagle call

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

25 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Same genus ( Haliaeetus first part of name), different species (leucocephalus vs. vocifer). Their family! I knew they were related, not how close :D Found this video on the differences, as I was now curious as well. Never looked it up before. And of course... the most distinct thing about the fish eagle :D it's call.

Bald eagle call vs Fish eagle call

Very cool. When you look (and listen) closely , there are several differences. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Radost said:

. Partly it’s a problem with being raised as a woman - even if our relationship with food is pretty healthy, most of us still have a complicated relationship with other people’s opinion of our relationship with food because that’s the cultur

I've been thinking on this. As a child, to me , it always seemed like my mom was on a diet. I don't want other females in my life ( I have an adult son, but they don't seem to be as affected by it as women) to think that as a woman, we should be afraid of food and not enjoy food. What better way than to give that as example. Eat my food , enjoy it, which means I neither need to pretend I'm never hungry , or the opposite where I try and satisfy my emotions and get all my pleasure from food and overeat. Which is really what I'm practicing and learning to do, so I just need to carry on and not get hung up on what others may think (and not listen when some old tape plays in my head)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Xena said:

I hear you on eating more than most people! Of course we mostly deal with it, but it is indeed sometimes awkward and socially weird. 

Nice to hear and be reminded that other people eat more too. Like Hatter said, that's  a benefit of not being sedentary

• Like 3

Goal update:

10/10 starting workout by 9:30 

Wednesday: Gorgeous sunny day, I sat outside on my back deck and read my bible I the morning.Then I did some Focused Flexibility Stretches

prayed before lunch, ate dinner slowly- also trying to eat all my meals slowly

Thursday, yes start on time, yes prayer, yes mindful slow eating

Friday: As part of the goal I had given myself 15 minutes of squish time to use in the morning if I was running a bit late. Since I had started on time all week, I still had it left. I decided to use it and start my morning a bit slower.

In other news: I bought the supplement Creatine on Amazon today. It's a supplement that has been super researched, and is safe, and is supposed to help build strength. I've pondered buying it for a bit. Now doing the ring workout seems like a good time. 

This is today's training ; copied and pasted from my GMB log

Last year I had problems with dizziness in this phase. I helped it by just having a lighter breakfast of a protein smoothie. I’ve been doing that so far this year, and it’s worked well. Today I decided it was working so well, why not change it? I tried some rice with leftover lamb it. And I could tell the difference. I felt pretty dizzy in a lot of the moves. Now I know.

I started the training with a couple of practice inverted hangs. Just focused on getting vertical, and starting trying to look at where my feet were. My rings were swinging, which may have contributed to my dizziness.

Then I did some practice baby muscle ups.
Then I moved on to the programmed work out

Reverse pull chin up solid, smooth
inverted tuck roll chin up; The first one I did was the complete move, but the others I needed to put my feet down before the roll up; solid smooth
skin the cat: worked on being vertical. Also worked on Stephen’s advice, tucking, rolling just a bit, and then going back to vertical. This worked great. Each time I was able to roll just a bit further and then come back. I do have a tendency to bend my arms a bit on the reverse direction.

reverse pull chin up 4-5-4-4 (small numbers but I was really focusing on being slow and controlled
inverted tuck roll chin ups 3-4-4-1-2 ( I tried some stand alone reps to try and get the full movement)
skin the cat 4-3-3 I really wanted to do another se, but my muscles were done. These are my favorite. Next session, I am going to do these first.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Just in case you don’t know this, don’t be surprised if creatine adds 2 or 3 pounds of water weight.

Thanks, yay I read this. It's one of the reasons I've hesitated. But, in the scheme of things, that's not so much  Unless I freak out  and decide it is, and never try it again.;) I bought a small bottle of fairly cheap stuff in case I abandon my experiment

• Like 1

Week 2:

Morning Routine: Yes, this is pretty much habit now. One morning, I even sat out on the deck in the sunshine and listened to the birds while I read my Bible. Then I did my Focused Flexibility stretches on the deck. Hoping for more sunny mornings this summer. I love starting the day

Strong Start: Start my workout by 9:30 10 day streak! 

Mindful eating: 

pray before lunch:  I admit, I can sometimes be a bit of a tech-hating, old person who gripes about modern technology, but there are some things that are super genius. Like being able to set an app on your phone at the same time every day to remind me to do something. With that amazing bit of technology I was 5/5.

I am really enjoying this habit. In the morning, as part of my prayer time, I give thanks for three things that happened the day before. Now before lunch, I thank God for the food, and usually a couple other things. Just the habit of stopping, and thanking God  again reminds me to be grateful for all I have.

slow eating; going well. Eating slow is also causing me to be thankful. Taking the time to actually enjoy the food and how it tastes, and to enjoy the conversation with my husband.

Long term

Scrapbook: I finished my scrapbook project I was working on for my sister. And started the next one. Our trip to Disneyland.

Home remodeling; nope ugh; really having a motivation problem here. We decided to redo the bathroom in the summer, because we need to move the hot water heater and do without for a few days. But who wants to spend days in the summer re doing a bathroom? This weekend was rainy we could have looked for sinks, but I am just finding it so hard to get moving and want to. I may just opt for replacing the sink and not the rest of the bathroom remodel. The sink is really the part that drives me crazy. 

Next week:

We're going to go see The Incredible' s!!!!!!! I'm so excited. 

I received the Creatine yesterday. I made a decision not to weigh myself. It sometimes causes water weight gain. Plus the idea is to build muscle, so some weight gain there. So why make myself neurotic and weigh myself. I'll continue with my plan of mostly tracking, and maybe eating a bit more on weekend or birthdays, and just see how it goes. If my clothes start getting tight, then I can re-assess

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I received the Creatine yesterday. I made a decision not to weigh myself. It sometimes causes water weight gain. Plus the idea is to build muscle, so some weight gain there. So why make myself neurotic and weigh myself. I'll continue with my plan of mostly tracking, and maybe eating a bit more on weekend or birthdays, and just see how it goes. If my clothes start getting tight, then I can re-assess

This also might help with the mindful eating because you'll focus more on how the food makes you feel rather than the number on the scale. 

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

I'm late to the party too, but following now. The same thing happens to me when I spend extended time around other people. I feel like I'm eating constantly compared to them, and I start to feel really down and uncomfortable. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

10 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

This also might help with the mindful eating because you'll focus more on how the food makes you feel rather than the number on the scale. 

good point

5 hours ago, Fonzico said:

*waves* hi!

Sorry I'm late, but following along for rings and bulking and plenty of mindfulness!

waving back, glad to see you!

57 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm late to the party too, but following now. The same thing happens to me when I spend extended time around other people. I feel like I'm eating constantly compared to them, and I start to feel really down and uncomfortable. 

Hey there! It's hard not to compare. I think I  am going to work at looking at my strong arms next time I feel that way.

• Like 2

Got my Creatine Saturday, and started taking it. Some people recommend you take a loading dose of 3x the normal dose for the first week. So Sunday, I planned to take 3  teaspoons of it. It's in powder form, you put it in water or a protein shake. I took two doses, and in the evening started my third dose, and my tummy started feeling super unhappy so I stopped. The drawback of not loading in the mega dose is it will take longer to see the effects, like a month. Today I will do one dose, tomorrow I think I will try two and see how my stomach reacts.

Also,  I read online that it is better to drink it in warm liquid, as it dissolves better. That person claimed that since it dissolved better, your body would absorb it better. I have no idea if that is true. However, I did use warm water, and it dissolved completely. Before it sort of had the consistency of that alka seltzer powder. Not quite as nasty as Sloth's armpit sweat, but not super appetizing either. In the warm water, it just disappeared.

• Like 4