Elastigirl : The Mission Continues

Woohoo for being brave and having adventures!!  Kayaking is great!!  Glad you were finally able to get back on your rings!!!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

We can do anything with each other’s support <3

Truth:) well, maybe not anything quite, but almost;)

• Haha 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I forgot to say what I bought.There was a cute little tea and spice shop, so of course I had to go in there;) I bought 3 teas; decaf mango, rooibos, and peach ginger turmeric herbal , and I bought spices ; Garam Marsala, Garlic zest, and something else I'm forgetting at the moment. Mr. I loves to buy new spices, so he kept finding new ones to add to our to buy pile:lol:

• Like 2

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3 hours ago, Stribs said:

Woohoo for being brave and having adventures!!  Kayaking is great!!  Glad you were finally able to get back on your rings!!!

thanks!

Skin the cat and tuck to chin up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, @mu said:

By the way have you checked the crow PvP thread recently, there are a few new variations that you might like!

oops, no I totally forgot about it.Thanks, I'll do it today. I have some time to play around with it today, so that works great

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Have you ever thought about performing? I bet you’d be good at it and that your skills would blossom with a hands-on coach.

I just like doing my own thing. I do post the video on the GMB forums, and the coaches give me advice, which isn't  in class thing, but I have found it helpful

13 hours ago, @mu said:

I love your videos, thanks for sharing. You're very focused, it looks like a meditation practice in away.

Thanks. I think that is why I enjoy it. I just get so lost in it, and that is all I focus on.

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

amazing videos, in awe of what you do <3 xx

thanks

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Sounds like you and hubby had a delightful day out! Awesome that you had the courage and worked through that anxiety to try the kayaking, and so glad that you enjoyed it.

It was a very nice day. 

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, I'm just so amazed by what you do on the rings! That is something I'm a bit scared of.

Thanks for some reason it doesn't really scare me. I mean, I keep the rings low enough that I can touch the ground, but I am still upside down. 

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Your videos are amazing. So strong! Such grace!!!

Oh thanks so much. I really  want to have that combination of grace and strength.

• Like 4

This weekend:

Our friends couldn't make game night, so we decided to do yard work. Mr. I built a wood frame trellis for our cucumbers. I worked on clearing out our back garden. I used to have our veggies in the backyard, and have raised beds and gravel paths. The beds didn't have many weeds, because they were covered. But a whole jungle of weeds was growing in the path. I'd been putting off that task forever, and decided today was the day. I also bought some oregano and parsley for my garden, as the ones I planted before died.

Sunday after church we went with some friends to a lake. Last year I talked about how as a kid I went swimming in lakes, but as an adult I didn't. I was scared because I couldn't see the bottom of the lake, and they are cold, and  1,000 other excuses. @Mad Hatter dared me to go swimming, and since that is my motivation language, I did it. Now, I am trying to do it more often, and get comfortable with it. Mr. I is on board with the idea too. As a teen, he went lake swimming almost every day. So we went swimming. I didn't swim in water over my head. The water at this part of the lake is really choppy, so I didn't feel very comfortable swimming. But I did swim.

This week in review:

Well, I was sick the first couple of days, and then Thursday, hubby and I went on an adventure day, so routine was sort of messed up which affected my goals

Morning Routine: not so great, but like I said sickness, and summer play so I'm not sweating it

Strong Start: Start at 9:30 again, didn't do on MOnday and Tuesday, but both Wednesday and Thursday I started even earlier than normal, and fit in a workout even though my days were super busy

Mindful Eating:

slow down : yes

prayer before lunch; so-so being off routine made this harder to remember. I had my cell phone reminder set, but I was eating at different times. (or not eating when I was sick)

Month wrap up:

Morning Routine:yes, I am doing really well here

Strong Start: I feel like this was the best yet of my challenges for this. A lot less of the I donwanna attitudes

Mindful Eating: struggled a bi at first, hit my stride in the middle weeks, struggled in the las t week. I will have this challenge next  time, so it should be easier. It really is just that it needs to be a habit, and I forget still. But I love the fact that it makes me slow down and take a moment and thank God for the day.

Long term

Finish scrapbook; Yes, and gave it to my sister and she loves it

make a date for remodeling bathroom; no and I so don't want to. We need to do it over the summer because we need to take out the hot water heater, but we have so mny yard projects and want to have time for play, not really sure on this one

• Like 6

That's awesome!! You've been talking about that swimming fear for a while now, so this is big progress!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Good job lake swimming!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The water at this part of the lake is really choppy, so I didn't feel very comfortable swimming. But I did swim.

Woot! Woot! Way to go EG :loyal:

You did amazing on your three goals. Nice going. Sorry to read you were sick, but glad you are feeling better.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, NeverThatBored said:

That's awesome!! You've been talking about that swimming fear for a while now, so this is big progress!

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Huzzah! Getting out of your comfort zone is a big deal.

*Thinking of something to dare Elastigirl to do.*

Thanks * :glee: 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job lake swimming!

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:07 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot! Way to go EG :loyal:

You did amazing on your three goals. Nice going. Sorry to read you were sick, but glad you are feeling better.

Thanks

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Xena said:

Really cool that you are daring yourself to do new things. Great challenge! (Except for the getting sick part)

Thanks. I'm hoping that I've now met my life quota for stomach bugs and won't have one again.

• Like 1

• Like 1