Butternut growes her sprouts

Butternut

Hello Druid clan! 

I’m Butternut. I’ve been in the rebel clan for over 2 years. 

I’ve been going through highly stressful situations that I’ve got in a weird hormonal off value track rat race daze. 

I’ve been trying to break out of the shell of confusion but as I’ve bern trying I’ve slowly been gaining all my weight back (knowingly and accepting it).

Ive been focusing on my figure to set my goals. Even sneaking in goals like “ride bike every day” knowing deep down I’d lose weight too.

At this point in time I would like to join your group, as a get away. To get away from my own goal oreiented ways and switch them to mindfulness goals. 

1. Walk dogs and/or walk by yourself when I get home from work.  Or first thing in the morning.

2. Once a week, find woods.

3. Take charge of the morning

-By taking control of the night

-visualize my next day

4. Journal x2 a day

1st at work (10 minutes)

2nd home, in bed (at least 2 sentences) 

5. Shower after dinner. 

Sorry this is weird but having my dad raise me , I am a ok not showering daily. BUT I know how good I feel when I do. I really want to make this my goal for self love and care.

i want a totally new mind set. I want to let go of my past and move forward accepting what I have.

• Like 3

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Great goals :) I’ve been in and out of the forums for over six (!) years now, but it’s been a long minute since I committed to a challenge! Welcome to DruidLand

• Like 1

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

I like your goals. Walking, journaling, and woods are among my favorite things!

Sometimes I think I want a dog just because it'll force me to get out and walk every day. (I had a pair of overweight friends who got a dog. They both shed a tonne of weight in the first year because they lived in a tiny flat and the dog needed 5 miles of walking every day, rain or shine.)

I was also raised by my dad. I remember only showering about once a week until I spent some time with my mother and she chewed him out on the phone. Then I was required to take daily showers. Now I can't cope without daily showers, which is sometimes inconvenient. >_>;

• Like 2

Sometimes you have to wander to find your way home…
🇺🇸 Adventurer 🇬🇧

🌳🦉🌳

Epic Quest: Tales of Owlshire 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:54 PM, Ann of Vries said:

I like your goals. Walking, journaling, and woods are among my favorite things!

Sometimes I think I want a dog just because it'll force me to get out and walk every day. (I had a pair of overweight friends who got a dog. They both shed a tonne of weight in the first year because they lived in a tiny flat and the dog needed 5 miles of walking every day, rain or shine.)

I was also raised by my dad. I remember only showering about once a week until I spent some time with my mother and she chewed him out on the phone. Then I was required to take daily showers. Now I can't cope without daily showers, which is sometimes inconvenient. >_>;

Dogs are great for that. 

There’s days I come home from work not wanting to do anything and looking at my dogs that have been sitting inside all day... I take them for a walk. 

• Like 3

Have you found your woods for the week? Time in the woods is so restorative for me. 

• Like 2

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

14 hours ago, klaybae said:

Have you found your woods for the week? Time in the woods is so restorative for me. 

Thank you for the reminder!

I found a few in a city 30 minutes from here I may check out.  But I may just stay local and hit the cross country track at the highschool.

When I was hiking on vacation I stepped hard into a hole and it sent a hurt in my lower back.  IN the last 2 days my lower spine has been hurting and today it's really hurting any time I step hard, bend over, sit, twist, etc.  It just hurts.

I walked today and it started hurting after the walk.....  I'm really hoping I didn't screw up my lower back. I'm hoping I just bruised something :-/ I've never had back issues before

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the back pain. The lower back is a tricky area. And it seems so many people have their own takes on how to deal with it. But of all the so called "advice" I've received over the years about back pain, I think there is only one that is worth anything, and worth repeating...consult your own medical professional ; )

• Like 2

Daryl of Barbaria - Ranger / Footpad

"Smart-aleck jaybird!"

On 6/1/2018 at 11:00 PM, Daryl of Barbaria said:

Sorry to hear about the back pain. The lower back is a tricky area. And it seems so many people have their own takes on how to deal with it. But of all the so called "advice" I've received over the years about back pain, I think there is only one that is worth anything, and worth repeating...consult your own medical professional ; )

Thanks!

I'm going to go with a Physical therapist first, see what I can do with what's going on.  

I tend to go as holistic as much as possible.  I understand I may have to take some stuff for my back, but I don't want it all the time.

• Like 1

I am oh so grateful for this back injury.

Not only has it forced me to relax but rethink my diet, types of exercise, and how I treat my body,

I am grateful to have this 2 weeks (maybe more) to heal and take care of this body that’s trying to heal.

Due to the back having to heal I’ve strayed away from my goals. 

But refocusing on others.

ill still be popping in but not sure where my goals are going now?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Butternut said:

I am oh so grateful for this back injury.

Someone in another thread was just posting about viewing setbacks as opportunities.  You wouldn't normally think of an injury as a helpful thing, but it's good that it has given you a chance to slow down and reflect.  Maybe once you've thought about it more, you'll have some new goals.  Otherwise, the old ones will still be here once you've recovered.

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

35 minutes ago, MaD MaLKaV said:

Otherwise, the old ones will still be here once you've recovered.

Ain’t that the truth!

• Like 1

I’m itching. I’m itching to get out in the woods.

took my dogs around 3 blocks, back started hurting.

this weekend I went off my anti inflammatory diet. 

I may go back to the chiropractor this Friday if it doesn’t get better.

updates on other things.

journaling is so so.

went to Jujitsu tournament this weekend, it was awesome. I didn’t compete but my kids.

im going to go and get a punch card from the ju jitsu gym we go to.

i won’t go to a class til my back heals, but im

pumped!