campfire_x2-1.gif

Greetings traveler. Good to see you again.

I'm setting down roots here for a while. I'm not ready to start up a challenge just yet. I need to get my health up. That means my physical and mental health. 

I've put on a few pounds at work from all the comfort foods. In fact I'm at the heaviest I've ever been.

Going for a walk outside has been harder since the temperature is +95F/35C and the humidity makes it hotter. Plus my car is out of freon and the AC fan belt had an electrical short. I've taken to not wearing foundation so I don't sweat it off. Most of the women don't wear much makeup anyways so no one's noticed. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the freon filled and a plug in fan for my car. Once that's taken care of I'm getting a gym membership so I can take an indoor walk. The one I want to sign up for has a location three minutes from my house and another three blocks form from work.

I've started journaling. Both with a mood journal app and a physical journal for long hand. The app better identifies mood trends, but the physical journal is more cathartic.

This week I'm going to be focusing on sleeping, evening walks, and journaling.

Missed you guys. It's good to be back.

75xT.gif

• Like 3

Day 1

It was an eventful memorial day. The family dropped off a car to the dealership because of a loose accessory making a rattling noise. Then we went to what my parents call German Town for some seafood. The restaurant was built inside an old post office. I had the blackened tilapia with jambalaya and crawfish etouffee.  And since there was a Buckee's nearby everyone had to stop there. That place has over 100 gas pumps and is as large as a wallyworld market place. Even by American standards it's very excessive. Once the spoils had been purchased everyone went home. I ended up cleaning for a few hours. I found an obscene amount of travel mug lids. I was able to match a few to the cups I was able to find, but there are still plenty without a home. I'm not sure whether to throw them out, recycle them somehow, or donate them.

tumblr_mwq3r7TWrW1qf5do9o1_500.gif

For dinner my stepmom decided to cook for a change. I think she's really trying to make a health change after watching me meal prep for so many months. But I think the main factor is that she's been putting on a lot of weight even though she had half of her stomach surgically removed a year ago. So there was shredded chicken tacos for dinner. It came with some sides of sweet pickled jalapenos, borracho beans, and Mexican rice. Desert was green grapes and watermelon.

7Gp.gif

All today I've been listening to the audio-book of The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson and I've made more progress with that than I ever had sitting down and reading. Thankfully my public library is compatible with a app that lets you rent out audiobooks and ebooks. It automatically returns them so you never have to worry about late fees.

tumblr_m05v4kBdxY1qa9jwno2_500.gif

• Like 4

Day 2

It was a slow vacation day. I went to the glasses store with my sis and ordered a new pair. I didn’t realize how old mine were till I walked in. They’re older than I’d like to admit. Now I know why I prefer looking over my glasses when reading something within arms length.

anigif_original-28144-1445472277-4.gif

And to thank my sis for sticking around we got a sushi party tray to split. We then watched Game Night with my dad. It’s one of those movies that’s great to see when it first comes out if you like laughing in theaters with everyone else or you watch it at home so you can make inappropriate commentary and laugh.

tenor.gif

After dinner I got a month of HBO to watch Wonder Woman and catch up later with West World. I only got half way through before I fell asleep.

s2VFj.gif

Day 3

I rescheduled my appointment for the podiatrist this morning since it was my last day off for vacation. I don’t know why I didn’t cancel instead.

So a little backstory: I went hiking a few weeks ago with some old sneakers and it messed up my left foot. I pulled a tendon and damaged some nerves on the top of my foot. Now if I walk too much I can’t feel the top of my left foot and the big toe. And since I’ve been wearing flats too much at work both of the heels get tight if I sit for more than an hour.

giphy-8.gif

So I paid to have the doctor say I’m healing like normal and to schedule another appointment in a few weeks to tell me the same. I feel like he just wants my money. Thankfully I’ve got family that have enough medical exp to tell me the same thing for free.

I went home to finish up Wonder Woman. It wasn’t as great as I hoped, but it’s the best DC movie that’s been made so far. It was perfect timing that once the end credits rolled I got a call from my dad’s auto shop friend. He fixed up my car with some Freon. Now I don’t have to worry about dying from heat stroke in my car or at least sweating through my work clothes.

giphy.gif

A trip on my to-do list was in order to celebrate my car’s AC. I got a new CC from the bank after filing an

Affidavit because of a skimmer on a gas pump stole my info. I had reported it to the cashier inside, but she didn’t seem too interested. I wouldn’t doubt if she or one of the employees had put one there. It’s not the first time I’ve heard of it.

200w.gif

For dinner I cooked jumbalya with jalapeño and cheese venison sausage, chicken, and shrimp. We watched Annihilation. That movie haunts me.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Korranation said:

A trip on my to-do list was in order to celebrate my car’s AC. I got a new CC from the bank after filing an

Affidavit because of a skimmer on a gas pump stole my info. I had reported it to the cashier inside, but she didn’t seem too interested. I wouldn’t doubt if she or one of the employees had put one there. It’s not the first time I’ve heard of it.

The skimmer situation is getting super bad in town, they're starting to assign officers just to go look at gas pumps.

I'm really glad you got your AC fixed, this seems to be shaping up to be a worse summer than normal.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The skimmer situation is getting super bad in town, they're starting to assign officers just to go look at gas pumps.

I'm really glad you got your AC fixed, this seems to be shaping up to be a worse summer than normal.

People are going to pumps at night and installing skimmers inside the machine so it’s harder to detect and remove. I’m so paranoid that I always pay inside.

The heat is no joke. Work sent out a mass email last week about the heat. And I got an”urgent news alert” text from the city newspaper too. Plus my car said it was 104F/40C when I left for work. At least I can leave work during my lunch break again without fear of my face melting off.
  • Like 1

Day 4

Tried out some intermittent fasting. Well I had a coffee then ate two hours after work started. So there’s a 12hr window to eat. So I think that counts. sorta... not really. I think it’s more of a 6-8 hr window. Idk. Anyways... I had yogurt, salad, and some cheese and cashews. Thankfully I resisted the birthday cake temptation. That the main reason I put on so much work since I’ve been with my current company.
4a1a9e27aabe54286e530f5fb8a06ccd.jpg

My body punished me for not succumbing to the sugary moistness that is cake by giving me a anxiety attack on my commute home. It was as if all the air had been sucked out of the car. But I couldn’t roll the windows down because I’m on the highway and it’s 104F/40C. There was no major traffic, no one cut me off, and no one in front of me for a good quarter mile. Only after the access road and a lot of timed inhale/pause/exhales did my heart decide it was done trying to beat its way out of my chest.
1a0cf968b220b8605bbc9ec132573982.jpg

And what better way to stop my ghost from escaping my body when I got home than with a can of chicken soup for the soul. Or at least some progresso with crackers. I did give into sweets after my stepsister was done baking up a storm of brownies and chocolate turtles for her friends. Nothing like flipping that craving switch than the scent of burnt chocolate.
cbd107ec8970c60c382d64e2a0bda7b1.jpg

Day 5
Today was a fabulous off day. Most likely from the five hours of sleep I got. I got the same fixings from the store as my meals from the previous day. I went into work early so I could cover for a habitually late coworkers. Can’t have clients locked out again. No one can do their job if there’s no one there to receive a service. I went on an early lunch break since I thought I would be chained to the receptionist desk later only to find that habitually late coworker forgot to mention that there was a volunteer to cover. So naturally like any good employees I smiled and waved as I secretly plotted my revenge.
9be4d699867d286f9f5290989352a4cc.jpg

During my lunch break I snuck away to a café none of my coworkers go to. I stealthily made some calls to several vendors for a price statement on some products. With luck in a few days I should have my own online store up and running. Stocked with the cutest doggo hats and accessories.

I came home to an empty house. It looked like everyone had plans for the evening. So like any normal person I did some soul searching. By journaling. About a dream I had yesterday. Thanks to the internet I was able to find out that I’m severely lacking in emotional support. Almost every symbol said so in their interpretive description online. So obviously it must be true.
7775902c6bb7604f7b4c9b1422cf511e.jpg

I got bored of an empty house and bored of ignoring my sugar cravings. So I went to the store. And bought apples. I got a pink lady, honey crisp, Jazz, and kanzi apple. And also a grapefruit the size of a toddlers head. At home I shared the kanzi apple with my sister while she gushed about a drama show of hers and how she secretly wants to be an actress. I suggested an improve class in town. She agreed that together we could put all those comedians to shame.
9cd5d18e47d8e8c23283bed54e2fde11.jpg

Day 6

Yay for nice chill weekends. I slept in, had some coffee with my dad, and talked for a bit. Don’t think I ate much. Just a grape fruit and some Boursin cheese with water crackers. Odd combination, but it got the feeding job done. I lost track of time trying to link my computer with our printer and the embroidery vendor I wanted to visit closed. No idea why they would bother to be open on a weekend for only four hours.
So I dawdled around a bit, laughed at some dank memes, and found some fun paleo instant pot recipes.
dfae446d2c2099b9d05177846fa80a60.jpg

I headed over to my meetup group. Gotta socialize sometimes on the weekends. Most people called me Kirby. Since I like to play smash and only play as that character. Or troll as that character. Either way it was fun and I won a lot of rounds.
fee32b8a5621cd768b3c1b618aefff33.jpeg

It was mostly guys. And for some reason that place made me think of middle school summers. Playing games with friend, having fun snacks and drink, and having a blast. Plus having a faux anonymity is a plus. I was more boisterous than I’ve been in a long time.
c4aec3b9088575799f82b3febd4371ff.jpg

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Korranation said:

I came home to an empty house. It looked like everyone had plans for the evening. So like any normal person I did some soul searching. By journaling. About a dream I had yesterday. Thanks to the internet I was able to find out that I’m severely lacking in emotional support. Almost every symbol said so in their interpretive description online. So obviously it must be true.

I would agree with that assessment. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Day 7

Sunday was a hodgepodge of everything.

My dad insisted on going out for lunch with grandpa and sister, so I set up a spot at a pancake haus since he’s been talking about buttermilk pancakes. I invited my stepmom, but she was busy with online homework. I made the mistake of being the last one out the door. She stopped me and berated me for being a hypocrite of not listening to a conversation we never had (or possible her internal monologue) and doing what she said not to do? She’s still upset about what happened last week. My stepsister took food to her room, yelled at me for advising against it while my dad was on a business call, throwing herself under the bus when my dad asked what happened and I said I didn’t know, and her getting a lecture. The house is still filled with the gnats from her room after she accidentally opened a spoiled can of overnight oatmeal she lost under a pile of clothes.
2fe4e3b924b0e586317f2e19b69bf6cb.jpg

So I went to brunch wit my grandpa and had a omelette. The rest of the afternoon was spent setting up the website and social media for the side hustle in progress.

I went out later in the evening to another meetup. This one was at a nerd hotspot. The group played Werewolf which is the coolest spin on Mafia I’ve seen yet.
8b8e49d00be5ee3fcd4562d1fae9fff8.jpg

The last part of the evening was spent meal prepping for the week. I prepped Greek yogurt with honey, salad with walnuts/ shredded mozzarella/ craisins/ and raspberry vinegarette dressing, and cashews with string cheese.
eb70092153f21c03dc3b448eb274bcfa.jpg

Day 8

The start of the work week is never fun. My program received a bill for $750 instead of the usual monthly $50 from a vendor. The majority of the day was spent calling them and figuring out how another program passed off their stuff for another programs.

I snuck away on my lunch break to get my new glasses. So far no one has noticed them since the frames are almost identical to the old ones.
41c0c3e918fcb1c6402c369def88b839.jpg

I wasn’t able to go for an evening walk. Dinner was later than planned and food prepping for the next days dinner took some time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Korranation said:

My dad insisted on going out for lunch with grandpa and sister, so I set up a spot at a pancake haus since he’s been talking about buttermilk pancakes. I invited my stepmom, but she was busy with online homework. I made the mistake of being the last one out the door. She stopped me and berated me for being a hypocrite of not listening to a conversation we never had (or possible her internal monologue) and doing what she said not to do? She’s still upset about what happened last week. My stepsister took food to her room, yelled at me for advising against it while my dad was on a business call, throwing herself under the bus when my dad asked what happened and I said I didn’t know, and her getting a lecture. The house is still filled with the gnats from her room after she accidentally opened a spoiled can of overnight oatmeal she lost under a pile of clothes.

Have I recommended Stop Walking on Eggshells to you yet?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Have I recommended Stop Walking on Eggshells to you yet?

Don’t think you have, but I’m gonna see if it’s available at the library.
Do you mean this one? There’s quite a few variations
c602d064366dc977a3c5dbd6eb499641.jpeg
30 minutes ago, Korranation said:

Don’t think you have, but I’m gonna see if it’s available at the library.
Do you mean this one? There’s quite a few variations
c602d064366dc977a3c5dbd6eb499641.jpeg

No, I mean this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Walking-Eggshells-Borderline-Personality/dp/1572246901

Image result for stop walking on eggshells

• Like 1

Current Challenge

There’s no physical copies at the library and a long hold line for an ebook. After I read through the ebook I’ll definitely buy a physical copy. I know those steps will be very useful for any situation.

I showed my sister this book and went over some bpd quizzes with her. She’s got a psychology degree (well in 2semesters she will) and her best friends Mom has bpd. My stepmom doesn’t show the extremes that they do. She just doesn’t communicate and uses me as a scapegoat when upset.

Thankfully she’s never threatened my life, destroyed my personal property, is paranoid that people are out to get her, does self-harm, or socially isolated herself (quite the opposite.)

Thanks again for the recommendation. I’m a sucker for a good self-help book.
309627d781173fb4fe6233d3de43d96a.jpg
  • Like 1
Your step mom may or may not have BPD, but she's hitting some of the markers. I suspect she has some sort of Cluster B diagnosis. 

Ya, she’s definitely has narcissistic personality disorder.
  • Like 1

Day 9

Someone cooked spaghetti for dinner. For some reason there was a lot of awkward silence at the table. I spent a good hour meal prepping for the next days dinner. By that time it was too late in the evening to go for a walk.

Day 10
I cooked cartinas/Mexican pulled pork for dinner. I took the recipe from nom nom paleo which was linked in the NF academy. They have a whole section for instant pots. I got nothing but compliments on the meal. And the stepmom (SM) had nothing negative to say which is a pretty big deal.

And for an evening walk with the dog. Even though the sun had gone down it was still hot enough that it looked like I stuck my head in the sprinklers. I stayed up late talking with sister and stepsister (SS) about parental’s behavior. We went over everyone’s POV on SS bringing food to her room incident. SS realized that I tried not throwing her under the bus. She tried justifying her actions thinking I would have gotten in trouble. Problem is my dad recorded the lecture he gave her, went out with SM that night, played the recording, and the whole dinner talking about it.
They said SM told them her view on things. Which is why I got that treatment from her a few days ago.

DAY 11

I felt like I did good counting calories at work. I had my planned meals along with some protein drinks. Dinner was at a restaurant since no one wanted to cook and everyone needed to pack. We’re going on a beach trip.

DAY 12
The family left for the beach trip. Packing was crazy. I had my Fitbit on so I got a good workout done. We had bill millers and I went a little crazy on my meal. Even though it was on the lighter side of the menu I had a 1/2 chicken with green beans and pinto beans since I knew I wouldn’t eat till dinner. The beach house we’re staying is a lime green. I wish I knew the history of why some rental beach houses on the Texas coast are florescent colors. We cooked baked ziti for dinner and had enough sun light to walk the beach for a bit.

Day 13
First full day at the beach house. I took the dog for a very long walk on the beach and got to my step count before the afternoon. I got a lot of sun and thankfully lost my vampiric shine my desk job had graced me with.

• Like 3