Devyn Finds Her Buti

Devyn

It had been a while since her defeat at the hands of her own companions. Though Devyn’s team of fellow assassins had supported her, she had drifted from them and found herself running with the wrong crowds, getting further and further from her goals, obsessing more and more over her enemies. Devyn left her friends and followed a group of secret assassins who had tempted her with power. She became more and more preoccupied with her demons to the detriment of her own health. When she had faced one of her enemies, she fell. And she had fallen hard.

Had it not been for a friendly monk of Majere who had found her, half dead, in the woods she most likely would not have made it. The monk had taken her back to the monastery (much to the displeasure of the other monks who did not take kindly to a kender on the compound) and had nursed her back to health. During that time, he had taken her under her wing and had taught her the power of meditation and slow movement - something that Devyn had always had trouble with. For the next several months, as she took care of the monastery as an aide, she had learned the ways of the monks and had eventually passed their rigorous test to become an acolyte.

But her kender roots had been calling to her lately, craving movement and change, craving a new adventure. And so, with the permission of the monk, she had set out to find a group of druids unknown to most of Ansalon. These druids, it was said by those who knew of them, possessed a gift, known in their language as buti - a secret cure known only to them. Those who knew of them spoke of the strict discipline of these druids, who used wild magic, rigorous movement, and strict eating regimens to cure body and mind. When Devyn had heard of this she had to learn their secrets. And so she packed her bags, meditated, and then set off to find these druids.

Main Quest: Complete the Buti Yoga Certification  (XP 100)

My certification for teaching Buti Yoga is on June 30-July1. I’m hoping to build my strength up to get through this very difficult certification. Buti Yoga combines yoga, tribal dance, and plyometrics...it is not easy...and it’s not easy to do for 12 hours a day 2 days in a row. So it’s time to step up my game and build some lean muscle.

Quest 1: Buti 4-5 times per week (XP 40)

I need to complete Buti classes either in person or online as much as possible to get used to the movements. As the challenge goes on I will be doing longer classes to build up my stamina as well as strength.

Quest 2: Strength Training 2-3 times per week (XP 30)

In addition to the classes, I need to build up some muscle as fast as possible. That means I’ll probably be lifting some weights, doing some bodyweight exercises, and/or attending strength based fitness classes.

Quest 3: Follow the Buti Meal Plan (XP 30)

The certification sign up comes a meal plan. In order to slim down and build muscle as well as a way to keep as many “spoons” (aka willpower) as possible, I’m going to follow it to the letter and take the choice out of what I’m eating.

Let's do this.

tumblr_lyzz1k3eGH1r70ovg.gif

• Like 6

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

Just now, Haikoo said:

Congrats on becoming an acolyte!

This next step sounds tough, but I know you can do it!

Thanks! That was pretty much my yoga teacher training I'm talking about, just making it sound cooler in story mode lol. The next step is tough but I look forward to it! 

XP 1700

Week One

With her bags packed, Devyn set out into the woods. She had been given the directions to where they were last seen by the monk who had taken her in. though her joints and muscles ached from her acolyte training, she was determined to find these druids and ultimately her buti.

Buti Practice: I'm still recovering from my intensive yoga teacher training, so I'm not going to start my classes until the end of the week. I'll most likely do 4 short classes starting Wednesday. For Monday and Tuesday, I'll stick to walking, swimming, and relaxing (as my character finds her way to the druids). 

Strength Training: Same deal here. I'm going to wait until my body recovers and start the more intensive training later in the week. 

Buti Meal Plan: Since this requires no physically demanding movement, I'm starting this right away on Monday. Hopefully it will help heal my aching body. 

• Like 1

XP 1700

I'm so excited about these awesome steps you're taking to move forward in your personal journey of spirit nourishing movements and mantras and mindsets. 

• Like 1

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

This is just fantastic.<3

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

3 hours ago, klaybae said:

I'm so excited about these awesome steps you're taking to move forward in your personal journey of spirit nourishing movements and mantras and mindsets. 

Thanks so much! It's long overdue. 

1 hour ago, Hammlin said:

This is just fantastic.<3

*hugs* it's exciting you're back too!

XP 1700

2 hours ago, Haikoo said:

Curious, what sort of eating does BUTI endorse? 

Grain free, dairy free, mostly paleo with a bit of legumes allowed (peas, mung beans). It's a low carb/high fat, but not to keto extremes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XP 1700

Day 1: 

I did a bit of walking and a bit of cleaning, but I mostly rested. My joints were still hurting so I took a nice epsom salt bath and stayed off my joints as little as possible. I continued with the diet though. 

Breakfast: Protein shake

Lunch: Chicken and bell pepper salad with avocado

Snack: Small Orange

Dinner: Beef and broccoli stir fry with mung bean noodles and a fried egg. 

20180528_192520-01.thumb.jpeg.d8f7ea521f7e01f2c3e63e465403c2ea.jpeg

So far so good

• Like 1

XP 1700

Hope you’re feeling more yourself today! And if not, hope you’re able to get the rest your body needs 

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back! Sounds like you are on an exciting journey.

Thank you! Yes indeed I am! Took me a while to revive it.

5 hours ago, klaybae said:

Hope you’re feeling more yourself today! And if not, hope you’re able to get the rest your body needs 

I'm getting better each day. Still having some joint issues but it's not too bad. The hardest part is resting. 

XP 1700

Day 2: 

I did more walking to work everything out. Probably a few miles. I want to swim but sadly swimming is not available to me at this time. I still am not able to do the full workouts but I'm moving and eating well. Last night I went off plan because I had surprise work piled on and didn't get home until late so didn't have a proper dinner. Still, I didn't resort to junk so it's a win. 

Breakfast: Protein shake

Lunch: Homemade cobb salad 

Snack: Almond yogurt with berries

Dinner: RX Bar and a spoonful of peanut butter.

• Like 2

XP 1700

Week Two

Devyn walked through the woods, at times wondering why she was doing what she was doing. Was she even heading in the right direction? Was her quest for nothing? Even if these druids existed who said they would let a kender into their fold anyway? Still, she persisted. She hunted small game and fished from the creek. She picked berries and nuts and plants that she had learned in her early days in the wilderness were safe to eat. She meditated in the mornings and nights, slept during the heat of the day, and danced to music she found in her head. Then one day as she danced, she found around her a sort of magic she had never seen before, filled with colors and vibrancy. It called to her. It was hot, it was fire. She was drawn to it. The druids were calling her. They danced with her and they told her through her magic that she had to dance on if she was going to learn from them. She danced on through the day though she was hot and tired and her feet hurt. 

But when the sun set, the head druid, Shakti, spoke to her and invited her to learn. Devyn was shocked. Who was she to be invited to learn from these secretive druids. "The path to knowledge will not be easy," Shakti told her. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" 

"I'm ready," Devyn said, without hesitation. 

I got my Zumba certification on Friday. Sorry about my absence but I've had a lot going on. I spent the week recovering, mostly walking and swimming and doing well. This week I'm ready to go back to kicking some ass.  

Buti Practice: I will do 4 buti classes this week. I've already done one. One to go. 

Strength Training: I will do one strength based class and two 5x5 weight lifting sessions this week. 

Buti Meal Plan: Still going strong with this one. Just gotta keep going. 

XP 1700