mitch_dee tries to find himself: the first steps...

mitch_dee

Well hello all, long time no see….. and I’m sorry for that fact.  Quite a few things have changed over the time I have been gone but a few things have stayed the same (or gone further downhill); but one thing has made itself clear after spending the last 30 mins jumping around the forums, and that is that I have missed this place.  I have spent so much time hating the world and most things in it that I have become lost, lost from my friends, lost from joy, lost from myself.  There was once someone inside me that loved life, and found joy in helping others, thrived to see others achieve their goals and even had some hope and faith.  It’s time to find that person and help him fight his way to the surface.  NF has always been a place that I have seen the good in the world, witness others help each other, see people slay their demons, watch those who feel they are normal realize they are extraordinary!!  

So I start over, again, in a place of hope, to find who I am…and just how far I can go.

(I will try to keep this one simple as to ease back into the challenge routine)

Main Quest:

1)  Track food intake and macros:
I have a rather large weight issue and currently have an abdominal hernia that the doctors will not fix until I have lost 80 lbs.  In order to do this I have to be realistic about my food intake and make sure I stick as close to my calorie and macro limit.

• Will be tracked in MFP
  • Will focus on eliminating processed and refined foods (in prep for the next challenge)

2)  Cage Fitness:
Due to the abdominal hernia I’m not allowed to practice BJJ right now so I will continue to attend Cage Fitness 4-5 days a week for the HIIT/cardio.

• This one is kind of a gimme as I am already doing this, but I need a win right now to build the others on

3)  Up my step game:
10,000 step goal daily.  

• Should be no issue on days I have Cage but need to focus on getting at least half these steps while at work.

4)  Read “Enter The Kettle bell”

This will be done for preparation in the next challenge.  I need to start focusing on strength again but need to cautious due to the hernia so KB are a good source to start, especially as they are a favorite for functional strength for many in the BJJ world.

Side Quests:
•    Track measurements and weights weekly
•    Bed time: Target of 2200, no later than 2230
•    Take ‘Before’ pics
•    Find one good thing in the day and post it on IG
•    Support my NFers

I think that’s about it for now.  Off to download Taptalk so I can start catching up on you all.

• Like 4

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

oooh following! curious about kettle bell training. it's very popular at my gym these days.

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Oh, also, how's the little?

Koo, she's not so little any more...just turned six last thursday, finished kindergarten and her first year of Taekwondo...

Here was my reenactment photo, left was an hour after birth, the right was last Thursday

5a566ea2f13ed60dc9008480ccacecf9.jpga3978e724100e33cdc21480686dd27b8.jpg

And a bonus photo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Well, howdy! Welcome back!

Ain't nothing wrong with a simple challenge. It's as good a one to start with as anything else. And I'm glad your situation is such that you can train around the hernia as opposed to being stopped by it.

Also, I can personally vouch for the efficacy of kettlebells. It's not the only way to get strong, but it's done the most for me in terms of giving me strength I can use in the real world.

And, uh, yeah. Challenge looks good! Let's get cracking!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

Read “Enter The Kettle bell”

This will be done for preparation in the next challenge.  I need to start focusing on strength again but need to cautious due to the hernia so KB are a good source to start, especially as they are a favorite for functional strength for many in the BJJ world.

Reading ETK is great entertainment! :) ETK is a great program.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Quick day 2 recap:

Steps: 14484
Cage: 1149 cal burn
Food: all tracked, macros were way off...damn food truck
ETK: was too tired and fell asleep

Weights and measurements taken

Now off to work....

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Thursday wrap up:
Steps: 10050+, I literally walked laps around the living room to get the final 800 i needed tonight
Cage: 1098 cal burn
Food: all tracked, under cal target but macros were way off again... what i get for not food prepping
ETK: through the intro and into ch 1

Im falling asleep as i type this so i will try to catch up on all my nerds tomorrow.

• Like 2

Current Challenge