Over on some macros but under on calories

To explain the title a bit more. I've been tracking calories more regularly and look to hit a goal of just under 2000 calories.

Today I've managed to go over on both my carbs and proteins but under on fats, I'm also about 500 calories under my goal.

My question is this, is it better that I hit my calorie goal despite the fact that it will put me even more over my carb and protein goal or can I get away with being 500 calories under my loss goal?

2 hours ago, Ashenmaster said:

To explain the title a bit more. I've been tracking calories more regularly and look to hit a goal of just under 2000 calories.

Today I've managed to go over on both my carbs and proteins but under on fats, I'm also about 500 calories under my goal.

Since you are looking to lose weight, it's not the end of the world to be under.  For all you know, you'll eat 500 calories more tomorrow, and average out to where you're supposed to be.  Bodies don't reset at midnight.  But assuming you feel well fed, and hit your protein goal (which is super important when losing weight to help avoid muscle breakdown), you're fine.

2 hours ago, Ashenmaster said:

My question is this, is it better that I hit my calorie goal despite the fact that it will put me even more over my carb and protein goal or can I get away with being 500 calories under my loss goal?

Also, you can eat 500 calories of fat.  It's pretty easy to toss butter onto things.  Or grab some almonds.  Eat an avocado.  Macro numbers aren't perfectly accurate things.  Unless you are way over blowing one compared to the other two, you're fine. (And if you're unexpectedly over blowing one macro over the others, that means you need to take a hard look at your diet and see what's causing it.)

Ended up sticking with going under on the macros, out tonight with work so think I'll try even it out today.

From next week I won't normally go over it was just meal planning from last week that I need to eat through so it's hopefully a short-term problem but wanted some more general advice to avoid stressing myself out too much.