Respawn and a challenge

Ok a little late but here goes, my first challenge since the respawn which I've already been following just without realising it, goals are below:

- Log my calories every day over the challenge

- Run 3x a week

- Lift 3x a week

- Add transactions to YNAB once a week

I'm going to try and post here at least once a week, ideally every day with a screenshot of MFP and the Starting Strength App. You'll have to take my word on the YNAB stuff :D. First post will be on Sunday now coming

• Like 3
Ashenmaster the level 1 Lycan Ranger
STR 5 | STA 6 | DEX 0 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

My Battlelog So Far

Following along! 

Are your running and lifting on the same days or are you working out 6 days a week? I'm trying to juggle similar workout goals, it can get quite complicated :D 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following along! 

Are your running and lifting on the same days or are you working out 6 days a week? I'm trying to juggle similar workout goals, it can get quite complicated :D 

Currently toying with doing both on the same day to fit my life. Gonna trial it for a week and see how life treats me.

• Like 1

My Battlelog So Far

Runs done this week, no weightlifting as my current programming needed more time than I had available for rest days, will pick it up next week.

YNAB transactions all added and budgeting has been done.

MFP screenshots to come tomorrow night.

• Like 1

My Battlelog So Far

On 5/31/2018 at 4:17 PM, Ashenmaster said:

Currently toying with doing both on the same day to fit my life. Gonna trial it for a week and see how life treats me.

The viability of this kind of thing really depends on how long your runs are, how long your lifting sessions are and the time you've got to fit them in. It is certainly worth trialing each of the possible variants to see what fits with you and your schedule better. Among the Rangers we often wish for an extra day in the week just so we have enough time to do all the things and still be able to get rest in ;) 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Runs done again this week, sorting screenshots out is proving to be a pain so gonna introduce it when I can find a less painful way to do it.

Missed logging calories on saturday unfortunately but hit every other day.

Lifted twice this week but felt a twinge in one of my knees on squats so decided to wave off the third day to avoid an injury.

My Battlelog So Far

On 04/06/2018 at 11:32 AM, jonfirestar said:

The viability of this kind of thing really depends on how long your runs are, how long your lifting sessions are and the time you've got to fit them in. It is certainly worth trialing each of the possible variants to see what fits with you and your schedule better. Among the Rangers we often wish for an extra day in the week just so we have enough time to do all the things and still be able to get rest in ;) 

Totally agree, so far doing both in the same day has been fine time-wise as I run at lunch and lift in the evenings, I'm on a fixed work pattern with a really flexible lunchtime so I can schedule my life really easily. Biggest obstacle I think is going to be preventing injury, my knees are already giving me some grief and I really don't want to antagonise it too much. I might trial alternate days and see if that helps.

My Battlelog So Far

Couple of days late because of the joys of life and work.

Logged everyday last week on MFP, Ran 3 times however I passed on lifting, my knee started really clicking on squats and generally not feeling as strong, I'm not chancing an injury so I'm going to drop it as a goal for now.

YNAB is also logged and up to date.

My Battlelog So Far

10 hours ago, Ashenmaster said:

...my knee started really clicking on squats and generally not feeling as strong, I'm not chancing an injury so I'm going to drop it as a goal for now.

Mine did the same thing the second week I started incorporating squats into my workout routine.  Does anyone know why this happens?  And I think you're making the right call.  After that started happening, I took a week off from squats, just started them again, and it's not happening anymore.

Also, you're doing great on everything else, keep it up.

So last week and the week before in one post because real life got busy.

Managed to run enough and log all my transactions on YNAB.

MyFitnessPal was fine the week before but I completely dropped the ball this weekend, noticed I struggled in general on the weekends.

My Battlelog So Far