• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood - Starting Over

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Momoa is not for me. But i respect the room's admiration for him. ;)

You are the first person I know of to not find Momoa attractive and to be honest I am glad because having the entirety of womankind in his palm is too much power for one man to yield.

Phew, we are safe for now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Momoa is not for me. But i respect the room's admiration for him. ;)

I really like him when he looked like this:

latest?cb=20160105214559

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terah said:

latest?cb=20160105214559

Wow, a picture of Momoa I don't love - I didn't know such a thing existed! Cover him in hair, make him scruffy and send him to me. 

• Haha 2

W3-Thursday:  stupidity persists.  Eating was okay but bedtime was trash.  I fasted through breakfast then ate my pork chop (still good) with steamed broccoli for lunch a bit early.  My afternoon snack of salami-wrapped cheese sticks with a pack of m&m's was fine, then dinner was another pork chop (still good) with sauteed green beans and onions.  I finished the day with some mixed nuts and a bit of cheese.  Final tally: 1839 kcal.

I headed home after work and got busy prepping the veggies to go with my pork chop.  While cooking I was on a support call to my cell provider getting details about upgrading to a new family plan that will improve service and lower costs!  I called MFG to talk for a bit, then I ate my dinner and started playing Rocket League.  I knew yesterday's afternoon soda was going to keep my up a bit, so I played until a little after midnight.  Before going to bed I thought I'd just quickly update my graphics drivers, but the update package went screwy and actually crashed my main hard drive.  That required a lot of troubleshooting and eventually a complete repair installation of Windows.  It was after 3 am by the time I headed upstairs, nerves super frazzled, and then it was at least 4 am before I ultimately fell asleep.  Dammitsomuch.

Today's going to suck bad.  I'll be relying pretty heavily on caffeine to get through work, and once I go home I'm planning to just go to bed for some extra sleep before another 10-hour overtime day tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, deftona said:

Urgh, I hope it doesn't suck as much as you think it will. 

I only got two and a half hours of sleep.  I feel like a walking disaster.

4 minutes ago, Shello said:

Damn computers.  Extra sleep sounds like an excellent idea.  

I'm going to need it for sure.  The computer still needs attention to reload all of my programs, but at least I didn't lose any data.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

bedtime was trash

<mom voice>GET YOUR ASS IN BED ON TIME, OR ELSE NO SCREEN TIME FOR YOU TOMORROW </mom voice>

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Terah said:

<mom voice>GET YOUR ASS IN BED ON TIME, OR ELSE NO SCREEN TIME FOR YOU TOMORROW </mom voice>

Did anyone else read this like:

latest?cb=20100205121236

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Terah said:

yourenotmysupervisor_zpsabhxijm1.gif~c20

25 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Did anyone else read this like:

latest?cb=20100205121236

Yeah, there was definitely a bit of "RONALD! WEASLEY!" in that tone. :D

Augh, so many moms.  I'm experiencing overload and existential crisis (being substantially older than most of you).  Also, since I recently adopted @deftona I'm going to instruct her to call you all "Nan". :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

being substantially older than most of you

You're as old as you feel you are*

9 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Also, since I recently adopted @deftona I'm going to instruct her to call you all "Nan". :lol:

As I am the same age as Def, this disturbs me. 

*Dutch proverb. I think. Might also be used in all other languages. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

<Dad Voice>

BOY* YEW GIT CHERSELF ON UP TA BED AFORE I GOTS TA WHOOP YA!

</Dad Voice>**

*Read with 2 syllables

**Let's ignore the fact that I'm younger and have no kids. 

I didn't even need the first asterisk. ;)  I know exactly how that word is spoken.

Also, growing up fatherless makes me kind of immune to Dad voice, but I'm still able to use it on my kids.  Now if you'd gone with Drill Sargent voice...

Don't forget to employ Knife Hands (I'll let y'all google that one).

12 hours ago, Terah said:

You're as old as you feel you are*

As I am the same age as Def, this disturbs me. 

*Dutch proverb. I think. Might also be used in all other languages. 

Yep, in America our traditional phrasing is "You're only as old as you feel".  Which means I frequently oscillate between 22 and 80 depending on the day and what I'm doing. :D

W3-Friday:  looks worse on the spreadsheet than it felt.  Thankfully the day did not suck as hard as I feared.  DDP both rescued and destroyed me.  I was able to get a lot done on my project, but come bedtime I was totally screwed.  Eating wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst either.  I started the day with a giant DDP and added a cheese croissant pastry thing from the mini-mart for breakfast.  For lunch I ate another pork chop with the apple-onion-mustard-pan-sauce stuff and a side of steamed broccoli.  I got another DDP and this time added a bag of potato chips, but I only ate half and stored the rest for another day.  In the afternoon I needed a third and final DDP, which somehow brought along a sharing-size bag of peanut-butter m&ms. :lol:  Once home I was pork-chopped out, so I just ate a peanut-butter sandwich (toasted) with some mixed nuts and a bit of cheese.  Day ranged up to 2341 kcal; off-target but not devestatingly so.

I left work after a long day and stopped in at the cell-phone store to change my family plan--we're all getting unlimited data and I'm going to save about $80 per month without having to switch carriers.  I got home and took care of some general household duties.  Living alone means I have to do all the work, but it also means there's far less work to do. ;)  I made a list of all the programs I needed to reinstall on my home PC and got to work.  Everything was running smooth and stable, so I reinstalled Steam and downloaded my games.  While that was working I played some Rocket League on the PS4.  Then when the PC was ready I played a little more on it to make sure I hadn't lost any inventory during the previous night's crash.  Once I was happy with the configuration I set a restore point and then updated my graphics drivers, which maddeningly threatened to crash the whole thing again.  I made a few blind keystrokes when the display d/c'd and wouldn't come back, and miraculously I got Windows to do a normal restart upon which the graphics adapters were working properly.  That was a win.  I headed upstairs just a bit late; but was still too wired from caffeine, so I crushed candy and watched New Girl until I was sleepy.  That took a while.  Fortunately I'm on my own OT schedule so I just slept in and pushed my workday to the afternoon.

Should be a decent weekend, but it's going to go quickly.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I knew about knife hands (not first hand, but from reading about them), but it's hard to find a google image of an Air Force TI using them. If you see this listicle

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/8-photos-of-terrifying-knife-hands-in-action you'll note that the Air Force NCO is the only one using knife hands on a recruit without screaming.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

When I was in basic training the Army had just implemented this and the Drill Sergeants were not happy about it so they made sure to use them every chance they had.   They also had just implemented a "no swearing at recruits" policy so they were having to come up with creative ways of insulting us :D 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I knew about knife hands (not first hand, but from reading about them), but it's hard to find a google image of an Air Force TI using them. If you see this listicle

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/8-photos-of-terrifying-knife-hands-in-action you'll note that the Air Force NCO is the only one using knife hands on a recruit without screaming.

Air Force TI's are a different breed, they don't need to yell very much but they'll mind-game recruits all day.  They're also generally very good instructors.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, WhiteGhost said:

When I was in basic training the Army had just implemented this and the Drill Sergeants were not happy about it so they made sure to use them every chance they had.   They also had just implemented a "no swearing at recruits" policy so they were having to come up with creative ways of insulting us :D 

Another thing that really isn't a significant part of the Air Force.  Not to say the instructors coddle recruits, but criticism was always constructive and professional.  Just a different mindset, even in the civilian side.  I've had major culture shock ever since transitioning from Air Force to Army 11 years ago.  It still confounds me how the Army ever expects to be successful doing business this way.

W3-Saturday: a reasonably decent if utterly forgettable day.  I slept late then got dressed and headed to the office for more OT.  Along the way I stopped at Chick-fil-A for a small lunch: chicken sandwich with tomatoes and a large DDP.  I finished off the rest of my potato chips in the afternoon when I got a little snackish.  I had packed a double portion of my pork chops with green beans to take to the office for a huge dinner since I was planning to work late, so I reheated and ate it while working on my design drawings.  That was plenty of food for the day, and I closed out at a very fulfilling 1875 kcal.

The day itself was pretty boring.  I woke up, worked a bunch, and then went home after dinner.  I did a bit of guitar practice in the evening to prepare for Sunday morning's worship set, then I played Rocket League until bedtime.  I was wrapping up at 11:30pm when my brother signed on and messaged me, so I hung out for a few more matches with him before heading upstairs on time.

Week 3 Check-in:  pretty respectable result given how I struggled to gain any momentum last week. I lost 0.7 pounds to weigh in at 236.9, which is the first time since early February that my weight has been below where it was when I started the year.  I'm still feeling pretty good about staying on program, still not in any way ready to rush back in to the gym, and finally confident that sticking to the plan will yield the results I'm after.  I'm still not in love with my body at the moment, but I no longer hate it like I have for most of the year so far.

W4-Sunday:   some neat surprises on this day.  I woke up at my first alarm to get ready for church in time to grab a quick drive-thru breakfast (Sausage McMuffin, large Dr Pepper) on the way.  For lunch at home I ate my final (yay!) pork chop with steamed broccoli.  I planned an indulgent dinner at Whataburger as a bit of a reward/break, but once I was in line I really didn't want to eat nearly as much food as my usual order.  Instead I settled for a junior double (dry, no pickle) without cheese, a small fry, and a small Sprite.  I figured I'd use any remainder for some ice cream later, but when that time came I really didn't want any ice cream either.  Like I said, neat surprises.  Day finished up at 2159 kcal, well under my Sunday target.

After church it was just another boring day.  I played a bit of Rocket League after lunch before heading back in to my office for some more OT work.  After a few hours I went home and played even more Rocket League until bedtime, which was right on time.  I slept pretty well with lots of dreams (can't remember them), but I'm still feeling kinda whipped today.  I guess I haven't remotely paid back my sleep debts from last week.

Over the course of the weekend I managed to rank up from Plat I to Plat III, and I'm pretty confident that I can keep climbing the ladder to get to Diamond before the end of the season.  It's been fun to experience my skills improving.  Can't help but wonder how good I'd be if I spent as much time practicing guitar. ;)

• Like 9

W4-Monday:  only a bit late to bed, so not bad.  Days are starting to blur together--I'm very much looking forward to my upcoming break.  Yesterday's eating was nothing special, but it was easily on target.  I fasted until lunch, then since I have no leftovers at the house and I'm not going to do any more batch cooking before I leave for vacation on Thursday I tagged along with Civil Coworker (who is now my supervisor) to the Burger King on post.  I decided to splurge a little and try the new Sourdough King, no sauce (pretty boring actually, and they forgot my onions) with a side salad (at Burger King?  What even is my life?) and a Coke Zero.  The caffeine was very necessary for the day's work, but I was reminded why I don't drink Coke Zero when the tummy discomfort set in later.  Plus it has the world's worst and most enduring aftertaste.  Oh well, lesson relearned, as seems to be periodically necessary.  Dinner at home was a three-egg omelet with cheddar cheese and a serving of mixed nuts to round out the day at a comfortable 1797 kcal.

I've exhausted my approved OT, so I'm back to regular workdays.  I was actually baffled yesterday by having so much free time in the evening.  On the way home from work I stopped by the store for some necessities, including another pair of Dad-shorts for the upcoming trip.  I bought the same style as the last pair that depressed me when I needed a size 40, but this time I was able to get the size 38 (barely, but it works).  I also picked up a new pillow for myself and a replacement shower curtain for the master bath since the old one was looking haggard.  I got home and cooked my dinner then I did some chores, including replacing the shower curtain and washing a load of laundry.  I spent some time organizing our kitchen knives and consolidating the pieces I want to keep (out of 3+ sets we've accumulated over the years), then I traced outlines of all the blades so I could shop online for a new knife block that will hold all of them (successfully!  I'll order it when we get back from our trip).  The only other thing I planned to do was go through the old computer stuff and get it ready for recycling, but by then I was tired and ready to play some Rocket League.  So I fired up the PS4 and set my tablet to stream Netflix on the side table.  And that's where I stayed until just a little after bedtime.  I had forgotten about my clothes in the dryer, so when I was done playing I stayed up a little longer to fluff and fold the laundry before doing my rituals and finally getting to bed an hour late.

• Like 7

W4-Tuesday:  not terrible.  Food is getting a little tougher to plan and keep compliant since I'm not shopping or cooking.  Breakfast was a mcmuffin and a soda, lunch was Subway (with lots of veggies) and a DDP.  That filled me up bigly and got pretty close to my target anyway so I didn't eat much else during the day.  In the evening I added some pecans and pistachios at home and closed out the day at 1820 kcal.

I'm not working OT, but I still ended up staying late to put finishing touches on my design drawings.  By the time I got home I had less than an hour of daylight left to mow my yard, so I did a quick impromptu 30-min cardio workout while mowing as fast as humanly possible and sweeping up the debris.  I went inside and did some home-computing and a bit of cleaning.  Then I played some Rocket League, which ran long since I was still wired from afternoon caffeine (dumb, but it helped at work).  When I finally did go upstairs I was still wired and unable to sleep for over an hour, so I watched some TV shows until my eyes got heavy.

Late night, and I'm once again running on just 4 hours of sleep for my final workday before vacation.  My workload (plus a Coke) should be enough to keep me awake though.  And I'll get plenty of sleep tonight to prepare for tomorrow's road trip.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, DrFeelgood said:

Which means I frequently oscillate between 22 and 80 depending on the day and what I'm doing. :D

Sameeeeee.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, DrFeelgood said:

I've had major culture shock ever since transitioning from Air Force to Army 11 years ago.  It still confounds me how the Army ever expects to be successful doing business this way.

I can assure you it hasn't gotten better. I think it doesn't help that the army is just so darn BIG.  The AF and navy are significantly smaller so there's less stuff to worry about.  And somehow they always avoid the spotlight in political drama. Unless it's the seals or something but that's a totally different story.

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Then I played some Rocket League, which ran long since I was still wired from afternoon caffeine (dumb, but it helped at work).  When I finally did go upstairs I was still wired and unable to sleep for over an hour, so I watched some TV shows until my eyes got heavy.

Late night, and I'm once again running on just 4 hours of sleep.

Ah I see you are stuck in what's commonly known as the so-tired-at-work-let's-overcaffeinate-and-get-wired-and-stay-up-late-and-not-get-enough-sleep-and-be-tired-at-work-so-let's-overcaffeinate cycle! I got stuck in this last month.  It's so hard. Sleep in general is so hard.  I'm sorry you're experiencing this.  I knocked myself out of the cycle by picking a low-meeting day and just not drinking coffee.  Literally all day.  Even in the morning.  It was FREAKING AWFUL and I think it is like top 5 worst days of my life.  But I got home and I SLEPT and then I woke up at my normal time and felt refreshed and was able to have my morning coffee, no afternoon coffee, and get back on track.  I've actually had to do this a few times the last few years and it always works.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Ah I see you are stuck in what's commonly known as the so-tired-at-work-let's-overcaffeinate-and-get-wired-and-stay-up-late-and-not-get-enough-sleep-and-be-tired-at-work-so-let's-overcaffeinate cycle!

It's on purpose this time, though.  And today I'm stopping with just my one morning soda.  I've got one more big task to finish this afternoon, then I'm on leave for the rest of the month.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raxie said:

The AF and navy are significantly smaller so there's less stuff to worry about.  And somehow they always avoid the spotlight in political drama. Unless it's the seals or something but that's a totally different story.

I think the Navy learned their lesson after Tailhook.