Lil'Rali's Battle Log

Sometimes you just have to restart - a few times :)

Welcome to my *new* battle log. I am going to make a solid effort in actually updating this daily or as often as possible.

A few updates:

I changed my username from Red_Queen to Lil'Rali after my D&D character because she is strong, independent, and doesn't take crap from anyone while at the same time super charming and funny. Basically what I strive for! I've actually gained all the weight back I lost from following the Alkaline/Acid diet (years ago). I'm not happy about it, but the realization that I've completely lost all the progress I made just deflates me. I have been struggling the past year with depression and anxiety because of a breakup which didn't help at all. I have still been trying to lose weight, workout, eat right, etc - but nothing has really stuck. I ended up going to a weight loss doctor two months ago for surgery. The fact that I made it to the point that I was willing to go under the knife to "fix" my problems scared the crap out of me. I'm not saying it's not a good option - because weight loss surgery has helped a ton of people and I see the benefits - but for me, it feels like I've given up. I'm approved for surgery and there is a six month weighting period. However, I was so scared and upset with myself that I decided to see the non-surgical weight loss doctor. My first weigh in with her was 276.9 lbs - My heaviest. She gave me some goals to work towards over the next month. I needed to focus on eating 100g of protein and 100g of carbs per day. I was all in the first week. The second week I thought I made the right choices, and by the third I was completely not doing what I was supposed to. I tried to make it up a little the week before I saw her - but again I didn't' really focus on what I was eating and I didn't really do much to help myself. When I went back for my check in earlier this month I weighed in at 277.5 - I gained more weight and again at my heaviest. While I felt like I went in there with so many "wins" for the month, reality hit me hard.

So, now I'm a week and a half out from seeing her and I definitely recognize my patterns. Week 1 I tracked and logged everything I ate and tried to focus on protein and carbs. Week 2 same thing, then week three I completely failed. It's week four and I'm happy to report I'm back on track after taking some time to be mindful and understand my patterns and where I go wrong. Here is what I found: I am good at kind of making a plan for the week. I am GREAT at starting my day with a protein drink and packing healthy snacks for work. Where I was going wrong was in three places: 1. I didn't take my lunch to work. This left me open to the chaos of the cafe as well as allowing my emotions and cravings to drive my lunch choices. That salad bar is great but that pizza or Mexican food looks waaaaaay better. 2. on Thursdays I watch critical role with some friends and we traditionally order pizza. That pizza triggers a land slide and gives me the unconscious excuse to eat not so well at my D&D game on Friday. 3. I never have plans for the weekend as far as what I'm eating. My food choices over the weekend essentially undo everything I did right Monday through Wednesday. These are the reasons I've essentially lost the same three pounds that last two months. This week I put a stop to it.

I made myself a custom planner - side note, I LOVE making things and if anyone wants me to send them the planner I created, please message me. I used the planner to plan out strength workouts, meal plans for the entire week, write my grocery list, and then turn around and track what I've eaten against my plan. I also talked two of my friends in to joining a kickboxing gym with me. We found a groupon with 10 sessions for $50 that included gloves. We had our first class last night and it was fantastic!

How will I use this battle log:

I hope to use it daily to log my strength workouts, report in on how kickboxing is going, and as a way to stay accountable to what I am doing. I hope to gain back followers like I used to have because that is what really kept me motivated. We had a community of support and it was wonderful. So now that you've read my intro post, please click follow (if you want). I promise to follow back and be active as much as possible.

Starting stats:

Weight: 273.1 (that's right - I've currently lost those same pesky three pounds).

**Measurements will be updated on 6/1**

Body Fat:

BMI:

Neck:

Chest:

Waist:

Hips:

Bicep (L/R):

Forearm (L/R):

Thigh (L/R)

Calf (L/R)

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Day 1- 3 Update

I *re*started my Battle Log yesterday so I want to catch up on days 1-3. I'm going to give a quick update on my workouts and nutrition.

DAY 1: Monday, May 28, 2018

My goals for Day 1 were to just stay focused. I spent late last week working on a strength log as well as figuring out what format I wanted to meal plan. I filled it out on Sunday, bought groceries, and prepped for Monday. I find that if I prep too many days in advance, at some point my irrational fear of left overs kicks in and I waste food. To combat this, I decided to buy enough groceries for a couple days and then make my lunch and prep my snacks the night before or morning of.

Nutrition Plan:

• Breakfast: Protein Shake
  • Snack: Yogurt w/ Honey and Raspberries
  • Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with Celery & PB
  • Snack: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs and Carrots
  • Dinner: Grilled Chicken with Peppers & Onions

Actual Nutrition: Shake for breakfast, 5 Guys Little Bacon Cheeseburger with pickles, onions, and mushroom for lunch, M&Ms for snack at the movies (portioned out and not purchased there), BBQ chicken with half a baked potato for dinner.

Notes on Nutrition: Monday happened to be a holiday. So my plan didn't actually get followed, but I think compared to how things have gone on social days in the past, I made the best choices I could. I didn't get popcorn and soda at the movies like I normally would. I also made a conscious effort to choose things with more protein. I also didn't hit my protein goal.

Workout: Strength Training with Arms & Abs focus

• Alternating Dumbbell Curls 12 reps/4 sets/25lbs weights
  • Barbell Curls: 12 reps/4 sets/25lbs weight
  • Pull ups on the Equalizer 10 reps/4 sets/body weight
  • Weighted Russian Twists: 30 seconds/4 sets/5lb weight
  • Crunches 30 seconds/4 sets/body weight

DAY 2: Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I don't know how I feel about Tuesdays that are actually Mondays. I didn't let that ruin my day. I am doing my first kickboxing class today. I convinced two other people to join with me. I think this is helping me stay on track today. I don't want to eat anything I'll regret once I start moving around.

Nutrition Plan:

• Lunch: Grilled Chicken with Peppers & Onion
  • Dinner:  Ground Turkey with Mushroom & Zucchini

Actual Nutrition:

• Lunch: BBQ Chicken Leg, Zucchini & half an Avocado
  • Dinner:  Steakhouse Salad with Ranch at Outback Steakhouse

Notes on Nutrition: Overall I think I was pretty on point....I really wanted other things from outback...but the steak salad was good. I was hungry after kickboxing but it was so late so I decided to just go to bed.

Workout: Kickboxing Class - OMG it was so much fun!

DAY 3: Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Super sore from Kickboxing, but determined to stick to the plan today. I weighed in at 273.1 - I have yet to break the threshold of 273...will this finally be my week???  I was craving chips during lunch so I ended up buying chips. After dinner I had a sweet tooth and remembered I had some candy and ice cream. Luckily I didn't binge and stopped myself before things got out of hand. Hopefully that didn't ruin anything too much. I'm not perfect and I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm just going to keep going.

Nutrition Plan:

• Snack: Yogurt w/ Honey and Blueberries
  • Lunch: Ground Turkey with Mushroom & Zucchini

Actual Nutrition:

• Snack: Cantaloupe, string cheese, celery & PB
  • Lunch: Turkey Sandwich with Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion Chips
  • Snack: M&Ms and hagen daz ice cream - I'm not proud.

Workout: Strength Training with Legs & Triceps Focus

• Bent over Tricep kickbacks 12 reps/4 sets/25lb weights
  • Overhead Tricep Press 12 res/4 sets/ 25lb weight
  • Dips on the equalizer 10 reps/4 sets/body weight
  • Sumo Squats with a barbell 12 reps/4 sets/ 25lbs
  • Bridge 30 seconds/4 sets/bodyweight
  • Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

DAY 4: Thursday, May 31, 2018

I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning but I did. I weighed in at 273.5 :apathy: So my plan today was to do everything I could to not let that get to me. When things didn't go to plan I found other ways to go around it. For example, I the fruit I had cut up earlier this week when bad so I packed yogurt for that snack. When I went to eat it, I found it went bad. I initial reaction was to say screw it and eat the chocolate in my office (that's there for the team), but instead I went to the vending machine and got a protein bar. I also really wanted pizza tonight because Thursdays have been Pizza Night for the last two months. instead when I got home I just immediately started cooking dinner.  Now I just need to get past the sweet craving. I think I'll try brushing my teeth then work out. Then I'll probably call it a night. Can't wait to see how things go tomorrow! 

Nutrition:

• Snack: Protein Bar
  • Lunch: Ground Turkey, Mushroom, Zucchini
  • Snack: 1 hard boiled egg and Anderson Peanut Butter Pretzels
  • Dinner:  Grilled chicken, rice and broccoli

Workout: Strength Training with Back & Abs

• Deadlifts 12 reps/4 sets/ 25lbs
  • Barbell Bent over Row 12 reps/4 sets/ 25lbs
  • Wide Grip Pull up w/ Equalizer 10 reps/4 sets/body weight
  • Russian Twists 30 seconds/4 sets/body weight
  • Crunches 30 seconds/4 sets/body weight
  • Like 1

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log

Well, hey! Welcome back! I happened to notice you from your gear post, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I didn't know that this was a Respawn. But I'm happy to see that you came back and decided to be a monk.

Anyway, I'm going to tag along and cheer from the sidelines as I can.

The plan looks good so far! And please don't freak about the scale. I know they're super important right now, but I think you'll find that if you keep on this journey long enough, you might just find yourself in a place where the numbers don't matter so much anymore.

• Thanks 1

Hi! Following along. I think it's cool that you made your own planner & would love to see pics. :) 

You can do this. Tweak what doesn't work & keep doing what does. It's a process that's based on consistency. Don't give up! It takes at least 21 days to build a habit.

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

please don't freak about the scale

I don't really let it freak my out so much as seeing that I can't get past this stupid number :) But looking every day has helped me figure out what foods cause me to retain more water than others.

I think it's cool that you made your own planner & would love to see pics

Thanks! I'll take some photos and attach them later. I'd love some feedback if there is something you think I should change or add.

I'll provide an update of my weekend and how my day went later today!

• Like 2

**Melissa**

Lil'Rali

Follow my Battle Log