Hi, I'm Blue Thunder,

I want to be in the best shape of my life by my birthday which is October 19.  I've been having trouble with binge eating and lack of a goal.  I'm hoping by posting here I can stay the course and keep sight of my goal when I feel like giving up.

Lets do this!

Updated each week with new progress pics!

Weekly Progress.jpg

• Like 1

Battle Log

So yesterday didn't go too well.  I had a health screening at work and they took my blood pressure twice.  First time it came back as 133/82 on my left arm and then 130/74 on my right arm.    Heart rate was 56.  The guidelines in the pamphlet they gave me were:

<120/<80  Normal

120-139 / 80-89  Prehypertension (Get diet healthier and recheck in a year)

140-179 / 90-109  See your doctor within 2 weeks for checkup

>180 / >110  See your doctor immediately 

So they talked to me for like 20 min about prehypertension and how I should eat better and make an appointment to see a doctor.  Well I used my mom's blood pressure machine today after work and I got a reading of 108/58 at 6:30pm with a heart rate of 54.  She has two machines so I tried both and different arms and they were all pretty close....so I'm thinking I have "white coat" syndrome.

And...I am trying to eat better.  Just had dinner and no binge so far.  Hoping to end the day well :)

Battle Log

Day off from work!  Woooo.  Today was gym and trying to get credit for the health screening I did on the 4th.  Lots of emails and have to fax it over tomorrow.  Hopefully it works out....worth $125.00!

Eating was ok today.  Ate a bit of almonds that weren't planned for.

I think I need some upbeat music to keep me in the right frame of mind.  Might look for some tonight before my cardio workout tomorrow :P

• Brushed my teeth so no more food tonight.  Success :D

Battle Log

Well....I finally made it a week without a binge.  I'm not sure how I did it, but hopefully things continue like this :)  Down to 158.4 pounds.  Updated my progress pic for the week in the first post.  I think I see a bit of a difference.  Hopefully it will be more noticeable as I go along.  I think the trick is to find a distraction instead of just eating...gotta find some more distractions.  Was watching a lot of Adventure Time and I think that helped.  Gotta find something else :P

Til next week! :D

Battle Log

Well....made it another week without a binge :D  Last night was tough.  But knowing that I was taking a photo this morning helped me stay the course.  New photo in first post!   No change in weight, but no gain in weight so I'll call it a success :)  Hopefully I go down a bit in weight for next Sunday.

I'm feeling more positive than I have in awhile. Just need to keep going. :)

Till next week!

Battle Log

Well...another week with no binge eating.  Weight seems to slowly be coming down.  It's very hard for me to tell any difference in the photos.  Hopefully the trend in weight goes down as I go along.  I fear it will get harder and harder to see progress and may have to change things up to get the weight to keep coming down....but overall doing good with not binge eating :D

Till next week!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Well, another week and no binge.  I almost weighed more today than I did last week.  I feel like I might be cheating by waking up later and getting rid of some water to get the weight to go down.  Or maybe my scale is funky since it jumped more than a pound.  I'm still having a bit of trouble seeing concrete changes....I'm also thinking of adding another cardio day.  I'm trying to decide if that would put me over the edge and cause me to binge from being so hungry or not giving me enough time to recover.  I'll have to think about it.

Anyway....success this week!  

Til next week :)

Battle Log

Well, I was supposed to update this on Sunday....but sorta kept putting it off.  I did take a photo which is updated in the first post.  Lost a little bit of weight.  Photo looks worse though.  lol.  I did sort of start on a binge with chips and peanut butter, but was able to stop myself so I don't think it was too bad.  Signed up for the Color Run next month so gotta maintain my fitness to....walk and get colorful.  lol.

Not too bad so far.  Hopefully progress keeps coming however small it is. :)

Til Sunday!

Battle Log

Well....I didn't post last week, but I did take a photo so I updated that.  Today was actually going pretty well....but then I just had a massive binge about an hour ago with lots of bread and oatmeal and brown sugar.....  I was doing actually ok...pssshhhh.  I decided this morning that I didn't need the photos anymore or posting....well, guess that was a mistake.  I'm thinking I should post daily.  Gotta get me some boring daily posts going about how I ate well and everything is in order.  Goal from now on is a daily post before bed about my progress and no excuse for missing photos.  

Till...tomorrow!

Battle Log

Well....I've been MIA for a while....I've been binge eating like crazy.  Took a photo today and weigh in at 161.  Honestly I don't feel I look as bad as I feel.  lol.  Hoping to get on track and stay on track up to my birthday.  Just applied for a promotion at work so I might be tempted to stress eat.  I'm hoping to avoid that.  I may even be rejected early and not have to worry about it at all.  lol.

Anyway...I'm back and ready to finish strong!

Battle Log

Weighed in this morning at 168.4 lbs.  I was hovering in the 170's for awhile.  I'm hoping to get back to trying my best.  I've been consistently working out with weights and cardio...just my eating has been pretty bad with lots of binge eating.  I want to lose at least 10 pounds so...158.4 is my goal now.  New picture updated in first post.  Here's to the new year and new perseverance! :D

• Like 1

Battle Log

Well....I messed up and binge ate a whole bunch.  I'm stressing out over being asked to go camping with a female crush...and her bf.  I'd like to be her friend...but don't think I can do the camping.  Just too weird.  Just have to resist binge eating.  I'll put a new photo up on Saturday...I've backslide really bad.  Time to get back in the saddle!

Battle Log

Omg.  I can't seem to get it together.  I weighed myself this morning at 170 pounds.  I didn't take a photo and forgot that I was taking one every month?  Or every week.  I'll take another one next Sunday.  But I want to lose 10 pounds.  I've been eating lots and lots.  I really have a problem with feeling down and hopeless and then just saying "screw it" and eating til i pop.  I know I give up way too much, but I want to keep trying.  I saw one of the posters here come back recently and it inspired me to start posting again.  So I owe it to The Most Loathed that I'm trying to get back on track :).   I'm going to try to post each night after I brush my teeth to make sure I don't binge eat.  So....here we go again. :)

• Like 1

Battle Log