So this happened:

Just now, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Finally said screw it and tested deadlift today. It was premeditated, I've been feeling beat up from lifting heavy so often, and am about to go on a week long vacation, which will mean a backslide on the intensity peaking, so this week ended up being optimal for testing unless I wanted to put it off another month. It went awesome! Pulled 625, a 36 lb PR from 2 1/2 years ago. Here's the video:

I'm on a high, that's my favorite lift, and I'm pumped to be at my best ever on it. One of my gym buddies (the one yelling taking the video) is right with me deadlift and bodyweight wise, and we're thinkign a race to 700 is in the works.

FInished up with some standing ex-bar curls and tricep rope pulldowns.

I'm pumped and on the road to eventually qualifying for nationals again. I'm still about 50 pounds off my total for the 120kg weight class that I'm currently at the top of, but if I lose 30 lb would be able to make it in the 105kg weight class. My plan is to get that 50 pounds on the bar AND lose the weight, but I'm in spitting distance either way. I may never actually go and particiapte again, unless I somehow get strong enough to compete for a medal, (I'm 400 lb off between my 3 lifts for THAT), but just qualifying consistantly at a healthy bodyweight is a fitness goal I want to achieve and maintain.

• Like 9

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

On 7/28/2018 at 4:22 PM, Snawesome said:

I'm loving the Greg Nuckols look, congrats!

I looked like Greg Nuckols before Greg Nuckols looked like Greg Nuckols.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf