Back to return the support

Hey all -

I was on NF 5 years ago during a difficult time in my life. I didn't join because I was out of shape per se. I joined because I had gotten into power lifting and wanted advice and support. But also my home situation was rough, and getting our of it resulted in me basically road biking myself into the ground. My weight went from 5'7" 144 while lifting to 128 riding 35 mi/day and living off coffee, beer, and pizza 4 months later.

Many years, a new relationship, and a new sport (rock climbing! big walls!) later, I'm back. While I never got into the ugly details here, I loved that the forums gave me a social outlet to nerd out about lifting and riding and not be judged. I am in better shape than I have ever been now, and would love to lend a hand to other folks who are just getting going, have stalled out, or need a nerdy virtual hug of some kind.

I still love my road bike, but I now clock in somewhere between 135 and 140. I put on 10 lbs of muscle and can still see my abs and hip bones so I'm guessing I'm 15-17% bf. I do IF to allow me to have long hard days outside. I cook. I still love beer and coffee.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.

I'm not challenging this time around. I just climbed my first ever bigwall :D:D It's time to pick out some new goals besides the ever generic "get stronger, better, faster." I'm thinking maybe a handstand challenge or something.

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.

6 hours ago, alexc said:

I'm thinking maybe a handstand challenge or something.

Handstands, you say?

Image result for ears perk up gif

There are a bunch of us working on handstand and other hand balancing things.  In fact, there is even a crow PVP going on this challenge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11