• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey folks,

I currently live in a dorm-like setup in a major city, with two roommates and limited space. I am definitely not able to pay for a gym membership in this economy. I've definitely seen people go for jogs at and around parks before, but would it be considered extraordinarily odd to do pushups and other bodyweight exercises at a park? If not, are there any issues that I'll run into that I'll need to be aware of? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, dorkylilelf said:

Hey folks,

I currently live in a dorm-like setup in a major city, with two roommates and limited space. I am definitely not able to pay for a gym membership in this economy. I've definitely seen people go for jogs at and around parks before, but would it be considered extraordinarily odd to do pushups and other bodyweight exercises at a park? If not, are there any issues that I'll run into that I'll need to be aware of? 

Thanks!

I can't imagine anyone would consider it odd or out of place if your were to do body weight exercises in a park.  I don't gym and it isn't always convenient to workout in my apartment so I will often go out into the yard of our complex or to a nearby park to do my workouts.  I will sometimes get people who will stare or watch me, but I think it is more out of curiosity than because I am doing anything particularly strange. (unless I am doing mobility work like animal flows or tricking, and then all bets are off).

The only issues that I think you need to be aware of is making your aren't blocking pathways that others need to use, or that you aren't going to crash into anyone, but other than that, do your thing :) 

• Like 1