tei: eyes closed, head first, can't lose

SO, I am going to just accept that I am crap at updating Challenges, and leave this here to update when the fancy strikes me!

Currently: Freaking out because TOMORROW I get to try out my new gymnastics class for next year! I had been planning on joining provincial/JO for next year, and had the head of the program reluctantly convinced to let me do so, but then I got some extra job responsibilities and am now unsure of how much free time I'll have next year. Just as I was pondering this, another coach at the gym actually approached me and asked what my goals were, and suggested that I join her group, which is a semi-competitive-type program. It will be less stressful and time-consuming, and the age thing isn't a problem at all (I'm 26, the oldest athlete in the group currently is 15, but since they don't compete provincially it doesn't matter.) And the coach is really excited to have me and keeps telling me so! Which is a nice contrast from the "well I guesssssss you can join but you realize everyone will think you're weird and maybe hate you" that I got from the provincial coaches.

Also, since I posted last, been doing a lot of crossfit. Or... a crossfit-like substance not officially branded crossfit, and somewhat more intelligently programmed, but still. SHAME ON ME. It's so fun though.

• Like 1

Current challenge: Tei gets the zoomies 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Good to see you back tei_ :)

14 minutes ago, tei_ said:

Also, since I posted last, been doing a lot of crossfit. Or... a crossfit-like substance not officially branded crossfit, and somewhat more intelligently programmed, but still. SHAME ON ME. It's so fun though.

Haha yes - I quite like the all-rounder and goal-chasing aspects of Crossfit, but whenever I see a WoD program it has thing like 200 bodyweight squats and 50 kipping pull-ups, and I wonder what exactly that is supposed to achieve, except for the feeling of having worked out?

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

19 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Haha yes - I quite like the all-rounder and goal-chasing aspects of Crossfit, but whenever I see a WoD program it has thing like 200 bodyweight squats and 50 kipping pull-ups, and I wonder what exactly that is supposed to achieve, except for the feeling of having worked out?

hahahaha yeah we don't usually do stuff like the 200 bodyweight squats, but we do sometimes do kipping pull ups and "toes-to-bar," which is basically just a leg lift where you get more praise the more efficiently you cheat. We don't do that stuff super often though, usually it's a compund lift for a few sets of between 5 and 12 reps and then some accessories and gymnastics-type stuff.

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ooh I hope you’ll love the new gymnastics class, it sounds great for you. :) 

Thank youuuuu!

Current challenge: Tei gets the zoomies 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15, 16, 17