Profile picture

8 hours ago, Xenias said:

I am trying to change my profile picture from sad little gray dude to something awe-inspiring. However when I click on the upload photo it doesn't give me an option to upload from my camera. What should I do?

Find an image hosting site, upload the photo there, and then use the link to enter your avatar.  Historically I've used photobucket, but Imgr or probably even pintrest would work.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

On 6/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, Xenias said:

Trying from Pinterest...that type of file not allowed? Do I really have to use the URL...how does the regular picture upload work?

I've only ever used a URL for either profile pictures or images in posts.  I know there's some way to attach and upload pictures to posts, but I've never found them to embed where I want them.  I suspect it's an artifact of forum code that just makes it easier for things to be URLs, rather than actual data, for display.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School