• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wobbegong

Juice Bar

giphy.webp

Welcome to the Juice Bar, the Rebels home away from home! Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable.

If this is your first challenge here at NF, please post your challenge in the Level 1 / First Time Challengers subforum.

Take a minute to introduce yourself, let us know why you're here, and tell us who your hero is (fictional or not). We're especially fond of gifs! 

Have questions? Want some feedback? Ask away! Just want to hang out and chat? Awesome! Want to hide in the corner for a bit? Have a drink on us. :)

• Like 3

Hiiii! I'm Wobbegong, one of your guild leaders here at Rebel. I moved to Japan in April and haven't been online much since then, but I do get emails for private messages, @-tags, and when content I have posted is quoted, and I check my email every day, so if you need me don't hesitate to reach out! My goal for this challenge is to be more supportive of the guild, so you will probably see me around this month. 

This is my hero: 

74iF.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I'm easing back in. It's too easy to lose focus. I have crap tons of stuff going on, but that doesn't mean I can't at least keep 1/2 an eye on eating right and moving my body!

WW has been my hero for a VERY long time. And I feel kind of like this at the moment....

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Hiiii!

I'm back from disappearing :o

I didn't fall off the bandwagon, I just had a bit of forum/challenge fatigue?!

I also decided that maybe I should do the academy course. You know since I paid for it like 5ish years ago when it just came out.

Together with the challenge worksheet it's helped me define better goals and why I'm actually doing this.

I probably won't be a social bumblebee, but I'm still gonna try another challenge ^^

Also my BF is my hero. Especially recently, because he's super busy at work and working late and still has time to help me with academy stuff and figuring out that something is wrong, help me identify the thing and offer a solution...

He's the best ^^

• Like 5

This is probably going to sound hipster-y and pretentious, but I don't really have heroes. Or maybe my definition of hero is different than everyone else's? I admire some folks for various reasons, but I don't think any of it reaches the point of heroism.

Anyway, in that vein, I admire one of my senior coworkers quite a bit. She's decisive and ambitious and somehow walks the line of being a woman and being in charge without anyone (at least anyone I've heard of) calling her bitchy or bossy or abrasive. She's impressive and just enough ahead of me in our career path that she's been something of a mentor and role model for me.

I also find myself very lucky to be married to a pretty amazing guy who is super handy, really smart and pretty supportive. He's awesome. :)

• Like 5

Hi I am Bean Sidhe. I have been around a bit so feel free to ask me questions if you need to.

Not going to lie, things got very rough this week, and I am still trying to find footing, but helping others is a good distraction.

My favorite Hero of all time is Agent Dana Scully.

3ade5d7bea7457df6ad28d7e8c093709--dana-s

• Like 5

I'm also not really a hero person, though at the moment I'd be okay with being more like this fabulous motherfucker.

tumblr_o4czmq1PT61r3049uo2_500.gif

• Like 5

Hi, I'm Zeroh, the other guild leader for the Rebels. If you need to get a hold of me, tagging me and messaging me both go to my email, which then goes to my phone.

By day, I work concessions (surrounded by stress and an abundance of unhealthy foods and drinks) at a ballpark during baseball games. 

I never really did the hero thing. I think the closest I have to one is Jonathan Davis (lead singer for Korn). 

• Like 3

This looks new. 

I've been around about a year now, more of a stalker than a talker usually.  I'm trying to be more active in the forums, because I get a lot of my motivation here. 

I initially came here because I was trying to get healthy after a couple health scares and was just trying to get my body to stop freaking out.  It's better now, but still a work in progress. 

Also, not really a hero person because everyone is just people.  

Well, except maybe this version of Rose:

tumblr_nwwgtm68Z91rx0gzxo1_500.gif

(fore I too, love gifs ;) )

I do look up to my brothers, a slew of Rebels here, random internet personalities, and this friend of mine who is crazy into crossfit, and is just all around awesome, and also Chris Pratt because he's got pet dinosaurs and raises his own meats.

I'm currently going for something kinda Chun-Li esk for myself right now, and just gonna see where that takes me.

NeedyMiniatureFalcon.gif

• Like 5

Hi, I am Akari and I am from Germany

I joined the forum 2 years ago during a time where I restarted my life. I began an apprenticeship after I failed my studies. Now I am restarting again after I fell into depression and anxiety. Two weeks ago I joined a gym and I see already progress. I'm also learning Japanese and Croatian. I recently read "Level up your Life" again. I want to stop living like a "count-down-clock" - counting till lunch break, until the end of the workday, till the weekend... That's what I did now for 2 years. With a bit of luck, I can finish my apprenticeship at a new company. If not, then I have to stay in the company where I am at the moment.

I am here because there are people which support me. Thanks to a therapy I don't have depression anymore. Anxiety is still there. Being on the forum helps me. I know I am not alone.

I revived an old accountability group for habit building. Feel free to join the Monkey Tamers.

My heroes: Lin Mae from The Great Wall and Mulan

image.png.47d00c445682e3bd442161ffd5a44ec2.pngimage.png.be8829f5560b190b446dd8d6f3f9b934.png

• Like 5

I'm Grizzy! I used to be around here a lot. I spent literally a few years away, but I'm back because I miss it, and need more of the 4-goal focus than my flailing DO ALL THE THINGS attitude.

My hero is my mom. She's more fit, more kind, more courageous, and more responsible than I can imagine being right now. But she's everything I want to be when I grow up (says the 27-year-old-totally-not-grownup).

• Like 5

Oops, forgot about intros! I'm LateralPlanet, the Rebels' resident Aussie. I'm six months into my latest fitness journey, and I finally cracked the code last month (less sugar = more fit, who knew??) so I'm building on that.

I'm also not much into heroes, but I just rewatched a certain series of movies and can I just say:

Jurassic_World_FK_trailer2.jpg.718b3b1a0e0a4864740278c1183b3b81.jpg

I love her so much!! :D:D

• Like 7

I'm Stoney, I've bounced in and around the forums for literal years, coming and going. I too get good motivation from this place to stick to my goals better then just winging it, so I'm back :) (I'm also an Aussie, @Lateral Planet! So yay!) 

My current hero/es are the roller derby players of Victorian Roller Derby league (that's my sport yo) but specifically #10, Bicepsual, for her killer legs and single-person blocking skillz. (not shown in the gif, sadly)

giphy.gif

Conveniently I have reppeared before the next 4-week challenge so I'll be doing that, Thank you. 

• Like 4

I'm Dalish, also been bouncing in and out for years, also from Australia :P , trying to get some of that sweet sweet accountability you guys keep stocked next to the water cooler.

I thought about it for a good while, and I'm pretty certain that my hero is me.  I mean, the hero is still the hero before they get their shit together, I'm just in the first chapter of the book right now.  I don't really aspire to be like anyone or anything.  Just me.

Also gif, something nice and chill.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Haha @RollingStoney and @Dalish, glad to know I'm not alone down here ;) While all these other guys enjoy their summery juice bar we can have hot chocolate and comiserate about the cold :P

The cold is the worst for my motivation, not gonna lie >.< between not getting out of bed and just wanting carbs it's just a bad time

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Haha @RollingStoney and @Dalish, glad to know I'm not alone down here ;) While all these other guys enjoy their summery juice bar we can have hot chocolate and comiserate about the cold :P

It's the worst thing, same for me the cold slaughters my motivation.  I've barely done anything in a week.  It's even worse when it rains, if I wake up and it's raining I'm in a grump for the whole day.  That's when the temptation to order Red Rooster kicks in...

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, sylph said:

It's an AUS invasion! :D

We're just amusing ourselves waiting for the American Rebels to wake up and respond with counterpoints about their horrible, humid summer ;)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

We're just amusing ourselves waiting for the American Rebels to wake up and respond with counterpoints about their horrible, humid summer ;)

I mean, we're on day 4 of a 9 day 90F 50+% humidty stretch in Philly right now, so yeah, it's opressive.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Eh, we only had heat warnings for about 4 days last week and tomorrow. right now I am okay with the weather. I could stand it a bit cooler to open the house up, but I am not going to complain yet. The heat warning days, I complained some.

• Like 4

I'm the worst when it comes to cold.  If it drops below 65f/18c then I'm wrapped up often with the heat on.  I feel the cold so quickly it's unreal.  And I know in that tiny little rational part of my brain that if I got up and moved my boy I would warm up real quick but man, bed and netflix is just so nice when it's cold.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Before I even read this post I was preparing to write something about offering to trade places with one of y'all. I'm pretty sure you have worse summers than I do (plus every animal in your country tries to kill you) but I'm melting right now and I hate it. T_T

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Before I even read this post I was preparing to write something about offering to trade places with one of y'all. I'm pretty sure you have worse summers than I do (plus every animal in your country tries to kill you) but I'm melting right now and I hate it. T_T

Don't worry, before long the seasons will have flipped and we'll want to trade with you for the same reasons ;) 

I think we can all agree Rebels all over the world are currently handicapped by extremes of temperature and weather, so we should all get extra kudos just for showing up for this challenge in the first place! :D:D

• Like 5