Does anyone have ideas on what to do for breakfast other than milk+cereal that is healthy, filling, and almost as convenient? I'm not ready to consistently skip breakfast, but I am ready to start making changes to my diet. I don't drink very much soda/juice (2-3/month), and we cook at home quite a bit (Lots of pasta, but I'm saving that one for later), so I feel like I'm doing okay, but I know I can do better, and I've decided to start with breakfast. I've tried oatmeal, but I just can't stomach it, even with every possible combination of apples, peanut butter, sugar, etc. mixed into the oatmeal. I also don't have a ton of time in the morning to sit around cooking stuff.

Any ideas/experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Think outside the box it doesn't have to be breakfast food. I often just have leftovers. I like protein to start the day, so I have some meat, plus some veggies (usually leftovers) and maybe some leftover rice. Soup is another good option. Cook some up and have it for the week. If you want more traditional, scrambled eggs are super quick and easy to fix. Or make a big egg casserole and eat all week. Smoothies are also a good alternative. 

I love your avatar name.  It makes me want to announce you I a big booming voice:lol:

I'm on a breakfast smoothie kick right now.  It helps that I learned I can attach Mason jars to my blender base so I can make a batch and throw the Mason jar in the dishwasher without getting the bulky blender parts out.  I throw in some oats,  spinach or kale, flax, protein powder, water and whatever fruit I want for the day.  You don't taste the greens but it gives more nutrition and I'm always looking to add more vegetables. I usually lift or use the elliptical first thing in the morning so it doubles as my post workout nutrition as well.  

I used to make big batches of homemade breakfast burritos that I could throw in the microwave. 

When I was paleoish I had eggs just about everyday.  It was cheap,  easy and kept me full for hours.  

• Like 1

A hard boiled egg or two along with some NON-GMO whole wheat  or sprouted grain bread, topped with some NON-GMO peanut butter.

Would be a solid breakfast.

Personally, and I know that I am in the minority on this,

But, for me, a chocolate whey protein shake, a hard boiled egg, and some mixed nuts is a usual breakfast,

But, I should say, that I have always felt better on a higher protein, higher fat, low carb diet.

This goes way back--long before they came back into vogue--I just never felt good on higher carbs.

Hope this Helps.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:19 PM, Hunter4343 said:

Check out my blog and get in contact with me from my Instagram n I would love to help anyone with meal ideas I have lost 140 pounds so I got some nice ideas I can share with you guys.

I'm sure we'd all love to see some ideas for breakfast shared on here. Sounds like you have some good stuff.

Edited by Tanktimus the Encourager
Removed spammy link

My favourite thing to do is make freezer friendly wraps for breakfast.

It's really simple to make in advance, freezes for awhile and cooks up for a warm breakfast in about 2.5 minutes

Tortillas (I go mixed grain or wholemeal)

Bellpeppers, diced (I use red/green/yellow mix to get slightly different flavours while also adding some nice colour)

Cheesy scrambled eggs (generally use 10 eggs and 2 handfuls of shredded cheese slightly overcook it so the moisture doesn't cause the wraps to become to soggy and fall apart)

And a protein like chicken, bacon or chorizo depending on what you like.

Cook up the bellpeppers and protein using olive oil (or change the flavour and use coconut oil although don't use chorizo if you use this oil) and put into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool. While that's cooling cook up the scrambled eggs, then put that into the mixing bowl then mix so it's evenly distributed.

Use a measuring cup to put roughly one cup of the mixture into the wraps then wrap it up into a parcel.

Wrap the parcel in baking paper first (keeps it together in the microwave) and then in another layer of tin foil to protect it in the freezer.

There you have it. From 9 peppers and 10 eggs I generally get 10-12 wraps so it's pretty cheap as well.

You can add other things as well, however I would suggest staying away from mushrooms and spinach as they don't go well in the microwave.

• Like 1