Let's see if she actually sticks with it this time

I've been a total lazy bum for over a year now. It's time to get back into shape.

Here's what I'm already doing:

* intermittent fasting (basically I skip breakfast most mornings)

* summer courses at the community college

* flute gig in August

Here's what needs to (or I'd like to) happen:

* a Whole30 (I'm starting this next week with my family - we have Hello Fresh arriving this week and it's too late to cancel and we're not about to throw all that delicious food away)

* Walk a 5k every day. I don't care how long it takes. Eventually I want to be able to run said 5k. I live around some decent hills (in a state that's mostly flat) so funness.

* Strength training. This can be bodyweight or external weights, I don't know. I have access to a free gym on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday during the summer. And Wednesday but I'm not normally in the area so that can be a bodyweight day I guess.

* Yoga or something, for my hands and for the rest of me since I currently spend more than two-thirds of my waking hours on my butt and I'm just asking for back problems.

* Building back up my clarinet chops for the occasional gig and also because I'm a weeb and I transcribed the Saint-Saen violin piece they played on Your Lie in April for clarinet.

* Bible reading and prayer. (Seriously, what is my spiritual life.)

* And other book readings.

* All while maintaining A's in my classes. (I sit so much because of mountains of physics homework currently. It's made worse by the fact that I sit while I'm procrastinating so I end up sitting more than I need to.)

I always need help. :)

• Like 1

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Welcome back! It looks like you have a lot on your plate. Your plans are pretty ambitious.  Are you planning on walking a 5k and doing weighted exercise everyday? You may need to alternate between the two to allow your body to rest and recover.  I don't want you to get burnt out and quit. You have some great goals so I think you can certainly find a manageable plan. 

Mama Gnome, Healer and Crafter

Keeper of the Five Hobbits

All Around Awesome

It doesn't have to happen all at once (I know to well the rate of failure of trying to do too many things). :)

The Whole30 is a family thing so that's happening regardless.

Regarding strength training, I'd alternate which groups I work on each day of course. Leg day, arm day, core day, rinse and repeat. Or extensors day, flexors day, rest, repeat. I dunno yet.

The 5k thing is something I got from a friend who went from walking a 5k every morning to running them in like 30 minutes. Last time I attempted a 5k run I took 40 minutes which is a little slower than 12:00/mi so I'd like to improve that. After I can run a whole 5k I'd move up to a 10k or something, depends on the heat I guess.

And as long as I'm not spending every waking hour on my butt I probably don't need the yoga too much but it's nice to have in the beginning while I'm still a weakling. :)

halp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3jIhJJGKE

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

Welcome back (and thank you for posting the link on the assassins' guild - I'm horrible about visiting other forums). What is your overall physical fitness goal? Running and weightlifting tend to produce different body shapes and abilities (endurance/ lean body vs muscular/strong body); a balance can be found between the two, but it will take longer to see progress if you do both at the same time. Also, if you want to get some flexibility work in, warm up and cool down stretches can help with that, without allotting time for yoga, per se. 

How'd the zero week go?

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current