• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Fleaball: Under Construction

14 minutes ago, fleaball said:

1. Ooooh I'll have to stop being lazy one day and check those out. Is the seam down the front of the crotch noticeable though? I feel like every pair of pants I look at recently has weird things going on in the crotch that defaults to looking like a camel toe no matter what. 

2. You think running a half marathon obstacle course by yourself is fun. I love you, but I'm always going to question your judgement. :)

3. Yessss that's another side of it. Unless I base my workout on time rather than what I'm actually doing, it's a struggle because it just takes forever. Even when I was doing PT sometimes he'd start doing something on his computer and be like "you done yet?" when I was only like halfway through what I was working on. Womp. 

4. I decided to set the bar even lower, actually, and just make doing PT a thing and anything more than that is a bonus. We'll see how that works. My knee is okay, but my ankle and shoulder are increasingly pissy so if my super basic start to exercising is just doing that every day then so be it.

1. I don't think so? I mean, I've never felt like I've had camel toe. And I feel like SOMEONE in my family would have said something if it was a thing. 

2. I mean, there is that....

4. Woot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Omg yes. 

Hugs! Glad you're still around. Lurking is always welcome. :) I need to go check up on your thread. I basically took a break from here for the last two weeks, save for my complaining.

I am still here. I was doing the whole "I am reading, but logging in to respond takes effort, and I didn't have any." Honestly, I completely get why you took a break from other threads. Short version of mine. I did great, until the perfect week, then I did JACK  and instead of doing 20, I was doing maybe 5 when I was focusing. So yeah, I am in the "If I am not perfect, why try" brain on top of everything else. And there's other stuff, but that's the highlight I guess.  Do what you need to. My thread was a bit whiny and dumb, so you didn't miss much. 

For what its worth, I think the do your PT thing is a good goal. That can help quite a bit and it really needs done.

And *hugs* because well, I think we both need it.

• Like 3

Chiming in, I think you are doing great Flea. That you are aware of your struggles and have more information on your MH specifics is a great start. That’s something I struggled with for a while and still struggle with from time to time.

A friend told me he was never able to think his way into better action, but he could sometimes act his way into better thinking. When my depression and other MH issues get the best of me, sometimes my bar is set at wash up, put on clean clothes and make my bed (none of which I feel like doing when I’m in the dumps). That is literally the max that I can muster. 

Somewhere after those basic things, other things tend to follow, and as long as I keep doing that next right thing sometimes pretty cool things like exercise and completing goals happen. Then there are days when I can’t even do the basics, but I just let those days suck and know that I get another chance to do it again the next day. 

I’m learning bit by bit that for me its progress, not perfection. It’s a mantra that helps me get through. Not sure if any of this helps, just know that you are not alone and for what it’s worth, I think you are making awesome progress. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

A friend told me he was never able to think his way into better action, but he could sometimes act his way into better thinking.

This is amazing. I mean, it's not a new idea, but he said it so clearly and elegantly. It's funny how sometimes it takes reading a well-phrased version of an idea you already knew to really make you pay attention to it. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 2

Did the thing.

I'm so mad. It's 70 degrees out right now and I was looking forward to this all week because cool weather means deep cleaning my room and pulling everything out from under the bed and whatnot wouldn't suck as much. The weather people neglected to say it would still be humid as fuck, which is almost worst. Because now it's cold and sweaty. D: I'll just go driving and hope the weather eventually gets less shitty. 

19 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am still here. I was doing the whole "I am reading, but logging in to respond takes effort, and I didn't have any." Honestly, I completely get why you took a break from other threads. Short version of mine. I did great, until the perfect week, then I did JACK  and instead of doing 20, I was doing maybe 5 when I was focusing. So yeah, I am in the "If I am not perfect, why try" brain on top of everything else. And there's other stuff, but that's the highlight I guess.  Do what you need to. My thread was a bit whiny and dumb, so you didn't miss much. 

For what its worth, I think the do your PT thing is a good goal. That can help quite a bit and it really needs done.

And *hugs* because well, I think we both need it.

All the hugs! It's really not whiny and dumb when this is one of the few places you get to vent to people who understand. Don't let the trolls convince you otherwise. <3

15 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

Chiming in, I think you are doing great Flea. That you are aware of your struggles and have more information on your MH specifics is a great start. That’s something I struggled with for a while and still struggle with from time to time.

A friend told me he was never able to think his way into better action, but he could sometimes act his way into better thinking. When my depression and other MH issues get the best of me, sometimes my bar is set at wash up, put on clean clothes and make my bed (none of which I feel like doing when I’m in the dumps). That is literally the max that I can muster. 

Somewhere after those basic things, other things tend to follow, and as long as I keep doing that next right thing sometimes pretty cool things like exercise and completing goals happen. Then there are days when I can’t even do the basics, but I just let those days suck and know that I get another chance to do it again the next day. 

I’m learning bit by bit that for me its progress, not perfection. It’s a mantra that helps me get through. Not sure if any of this helps, just know that you are not alone and for what it’s worth, I think you are making awesome progress. :) 

Entirely agreeing with @Severine here. I've seen variations of your friend's advice before and it's good advice, but they way you just put it really clicked. I need to work on that. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4

On 8/10/2018 at 6:59 PM, fleaball said:

Requested it from the library but there's like a million holds on it. I'm intrigued though.

If my copy wasn't on a kindle, or if I could figure out how to share that with you I totally would!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RES said:

If my copy wasn't on a kindle, or if I could figure out how to share that with you I totally would!

Ooh, thanks for the reminder. I think my library has ebooks available. I’ll have to see if I can grab one without an e-reader. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

All the hugs! It's really not whiny and dumb when this is one of the few places you get to vent to people who understand. Don't let the trolls convince you otherwise. <3

Thanks for the reminder. This is the time of the month the trolls get rather active and annoying. I appreciate the support since yeah, I don't have many places to vent to.

• Like 2