• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Good afternoon fellow rebellion members,

have a quick question for you all,

I am noticing that my abs aren’t defining where my upper arms are starting to get there on my workout it gives me things to do but some you have to go pro to get the use of them is it worth on my rest days do about 5-10 mins of ab work to help define them but also need to find different exercises so my body doesn’t get used to them?

any help will be grateful and hopefully you guys can understand what I am trying to say lol

Andy

Surprised no one has answered this yet.... 

On 6/26/2018 at 7:52 AM, Raven1s said:

I am noticing that my abs aren’t defining where my upper arms are starting to get there on my workout it gives me things to do but some you have to go pro to get the use of them is it worth on my rest days do about 5-10 mins of ab work to help define them but also need to find different exercises so my body doesn’t get used to them?

Unfortunately, our bodies don't necessarily lose fat in any kind of way that makes sense. You probably aren't going to be able to define your abs through extra exercises, but rather through dietary changes (to decrease overall fat). Even then, genetics plays an important part of when and how much definition you'll get in areas like your abs. 

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Surprised no one has answered this yet.... 

Unfortunately, our bodies don't necessarily lose fat in any kind of way that makes sense. You probably aren't going to be able to define your abs through extra exercises, but rather through dietary changes (to decrease overall fat). Even then, genetics plays an important part of when and how much definition you'll get in areas like your abs. 

Thank you for your response, I am seeing changes in my upper arms but then I am thinking I am putting too much pressure on my self and keep trying to see minor changes but then when I am sitting down I can feel my abs 

22 minutes ago, Raven1s said:

Thank you for your response, I am seeing changes in my upper arms but then I am thinking I am putting too much pressure on my self and keep trying to see minor changes but then when I am sitting down I can feel my abs 

If you can feel them now, but you couldn't before, that IS progress. If abs are your goal, then looking at your diet is going to be more important than doing additional ab work. You can do all the ab work you want, but if your body fat is too high, they won't be visible. 

I highly recommend taking pictures and measurements, then re-evaluate in a month. Process doesn't happen quickly and sometimes we lose sight of just how far we have come.

• Like 3

Sylvaa is correct, abs are more a result of diet than anything. What kind of exercises are you doing now? If you are doing bodyweight, than make  sure you use your whole body.When you do push ups and pull ups, squeeze your legs together, this helps you tighten your body. Make sure you are a straight line. This is a good article on abs and some exercises  if you want to put something in to your workout:

https://gmb.io/core-strength/

• Like 1

^^^ What she said ;)

Men don't typically start to see abs unflexed until they're down to about 10%BF (with some variance, obviously, for genetic differences) and women won't see abs until 15-18%BF most of the time.

You can absolutely do some extra ab work on your rest day, especially if it's only for 10-15min, but the biggest factor in the visibility will be how much fat is covering them up. Go slow, be safe, have fun!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sylvaa is correct, abs are more a result of diet than anything. What kind of exercises are you doing now? If you are doing bodyweight, than make  sure you use your whole body.When you do push ups and pull ups, squeeze your legs together, this helps you tighten your body. Make sure you are a straight line. This is a good article on abs and some exercises  if you want to put something in to your workout:

https://gmb.io/core-strength/

I am using an app called Fizzup, the program that I am doing use’s body weight strength training and don’t have any equipment  but I can only do the free workouts as can’t quite afford the premium version and with the premium version it gives you so much more you can do.

I have done a thread that I post in every time I do a workout.

Andy

• Like 1