Hi there.
Hope to receive some help.
Will tell you my short story.
I was a heavy smoker and one day I've decided to give up that habit. It was 2 weeks ago. I was doing my best to manage, but now I'm almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I became too nervous and too irritating. 
I started eating too much, but then I've realized that I didn't want to be fat and ugly. I decided to go to the gym to leave my energy and bad emotions somewhere. BUt guess what?
I came to the gym with vape. One of my friends recommended it to me and I thought it would be a good alternative not to smoke cigarettes, and not being so aggressive.
But the administration of this sport club made me leave this place. They didn't allow me to be there with vape. Is that forbidden?
Then I started googling it and found this article - https://vapingdaily.com/health/
I've seen a lot of people vaping in public places, but why I was not allowed?
Or maybe someone can recommend me another way of quitting smoking without vape?
Would be grateful for any help.

• Like 1

First of all, congrats on taking steps to stop smoking! It's a huge accomplishment and really hard to do!

A few things: quitting cold turkey is super, super hard. Most people I know who have quit have either gradually reduced how many cigarettes they smoke on a daily basis or get a prescription for varenicline from their physician. It's not surprising that you are struggling, particularly depending on how much you smoked before! NerdFitness also did an article on quitting smoking. 

So here's the thing about vaping. It's still up in the air as to how great an alternative it is to smoking. They still contain nicotine and, depending on the type of pen / cartridge you get, they can have the same or more nicotine than a regular cigarette. Plus, since the products are generally cheaper, it can be easier for people to use them more often than they would smoke. Personally, I'm a bit skeptical over a lot of the claims that they are better for you. There was a time where cigarettes were marketed as not harmful, and I don't feel that enough time has elapsed to do a lot of research on the long-term effects of vaping. Here are two more articles about vaping from sources other than pro-vaping ones: US News and Hopkins.

5 hours ago, KIndMargo said:

I came to the gym with vape. One of my friends recommended it to me and I thought it would be a good alternative not to smoke cigarettes, and not being so aggressive.
But the administration of this sport club made me leave this place. They didn't allow me to be there with vape. Is that forbidden?

I'm a bit confused with this. Did you try to vape inside the gym? I'm not surprised they made you leave if you tried. Not getting into any kind of argument over whether or not it is less dangerous than smoking, the vapor exhaled can affect people with allergies and asthma. So regardless of whether or not it's forbidden, it's the more polite thing to do.

5 hours ago, KIndMargo said:

I started eating too much, but then I've realized that I didn't want to be fat and ugly.

Can we talk about this? I'm not a professional, but it might help to talk to one about your feelings. Quitting smoking is hard enough without beating yourself up over feelings of self-loathing. 

On 6/28/2018 at 6:18 AM, KIndMargo said:

Hi there.
Hope to receive some help.
Will tell you my short story.
I was a heavy smoker and one day I've decided to give up that habit. It was 2 weeks ago. I was doing my best to manage, but now I'm almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
I became too nervous and too irritating. 
I started eating too much, but then I've realized that I didn't want to be fat and ugly. I decided to go to the gym to leave my energy and bad emotions somewhere. BUt guess what?
Then I started googling it and found this article - https://vapingdaily.com/health/
I've seen a lot of people vaping in public places, but why I was not allowed?
Or maybe someone can recommend me another way of quitting smoking without vape?
Would be grateful for any help.

Dear, of course, you can't vape inside a sports club. I would never allow that in my sports club. You can easily vape outside and then go inside and train. 
I vape too, but never in such places. My wife hated the smell of cigarettes, but now I buy different vape liquids. They smell so good that sometimes I want to eat them haha. 

Now we are going to visit my cousin in the UK. And he's an experienced vaper and we want to make him a present. But not sure which models are good in the UK. Maybe they have other than we have here. Found this review on the site you mentioned here (link removed) What if I'll choose one of them?

• Sylvaa locked this topic