Hello, my fellow rebels.

Not sure what to say. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know that my life choices - or more accurately, lack thereof - will put me into an early grave. I know this and yet I've continued to just sort of go along with the flow. I've made an art of mindlessness, simply eating and doing whatever I felt like in that moment with no thought to the consequences. But that stops today. Like, literally today. Starting with a few quests and a simple food log, my personal journey has begun.

• Like 5

My Nerd Fitness Character

Public Food Log

My Challenges:

A Long-expected Party,

"Every avalanche begins with the movement of a single snowflake, and my hope is to move a snowflake." - Thomas Frey

Hey buddy!  Welcome!  I too am sick and tired (and slightly embarrassed) and ready to make a change!  

I like the idea of a simple food log.  I tried something like MyFitnessPal (which is a GREAT app, I'm not against it) but found that logging food in it was a) too time consuming, especially with homemade meals and b) too tempting to "forget" to log something.  One thing I'm trying (not sure if it will work or not) is to just snap a picture of every meal and snack I consume in a day.  I think this will provide me with an effective visual as to the food and garbage I have been cramming into my gullet.  Like you said, keep it simple.  

I am in a similar boat as you, so I am not real full of advice yet.  But I will be following your journey and will be questing right along side you.  You got this man!

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the encouragement.

It's all about baby steps, for now. Build the momentum. As Thomas Frey put it "Every avalanche begins with the movement of a single snowflake, and my hope is to move a snowflake." Just do a little at a time and keep it going and you will succeed.

Public Food Log

My Challenges:

A Long-expected Party,

"Every avalanche begins with the movement of a single snowflake, and my hope is to move a snowflake." - Thomas Frey

hey! i'm from the shire too! looking forward to seeing what you accomplish :) are you doing a challenge this round? if so, link!

• Thanks 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

I am also looking forward to it. I joined Nerd fitness like two years ago and dabbled a bit but never fully incorporated it into my life. I'm feeling pretty confident about this iteration though. Feels different somehow, and this time around my wife will be participating in her own fitness journey. It's a lot easier to make it work when you're part of a team all pulling in the same direction. As for the challenges, I am not too familiar with them as I've only given them a brief look. For now, I'm just getting started with some of the quests and looking over the extensive materials available. I really appreciate all the support I've already received.

• Like 1

Public Food Log

My Challenges:

A Long-expected Party,

10 hours ago, Sir Geralt of the Holly said:

I am also looking forward to it. I joined Nerd fitness like two years ago and dabbled a bit but never fully incorporated it into my life. I'm feeling pretty confident about this iteration though. Feels different somehow, and this time around my wife will be participating in her own fitness journey. It's a lot easier to make it work when you're part of a team all pulling in the same direction. As for the challenges, I am not too familiar with them as I've only given them a brief look. For now, I'm just getting started with some of the quests and looking over the extensive materials available. I really appreciate all the support I've already received.

sounds like you are posed for success :) i've really liked the challenge format having recently started them myself. maybe check it out.

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

lol just realized that i've been saying posed instead of poised for success all these years